Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Dubious posted:

I can't wait to see our starters come week 8.

RG3 is not long for this league.

I just discovered the magic that is the Redskins playbook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Osweilercopter.

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

human being Guy posted:

Osweilercopter.

Lmao

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
GG man, good D.

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

human being Guy posted:

GG man, good D.

Yeah, GG. Bears win 17-7 behind the heroics of Brock Osweiler.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

Dubious posted:

I'll be home around 6 PST. I have to play fluo in the other league (who's in the UK), and my fiancee wants the tv for a few hours at some point. However I am a night owl so I'm up for whenever.

I can also just take the PS4 to the office too.
I should be up all night so just let me know whenever you can play.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

D_I posted:

I should be up all night so just let me know whenever you can play.

Let's plan for 1030 PST

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

Dubious posted:

Let's plan for 1030 PST
That will work.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

derp

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 16, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Paperback Writer posted:

Texans 7 - 14 Raiders
On my very first drive I was sacked by Watt then Clowney on a 3 and out. Somehow that was the last time Carr was sacked all game and he shined with his 11 pass attempts(140 yards/1 TD/0 turnovers) and I continue to suck at running. Ryan Mallet and the Texans were tearing me apart at times but 3 interceptions with one coming on my half at the end of the game killed them. Last game that was exactly me so I have empathy man, gg.

Watt and Clowny are not on the Texans in bizzaro league!!!

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 17, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
RG3 comes alive for his best performance of the season so far and throws for 3 TDs while running in another as the Buccs are able to run and pass on the Saints in the Benzdome.

Aaron Rodgers had a rough day as he is victimized by drops from his receiving group all game long, with an interception near the end of the first half. He does lead two spirited drives in the 3rd and 4th quarters to get 14 on the board.

Buccs over Saints, 28-14.

GG D_I. If your WRs dont have those drops we're looking at a different game.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Good game Nagger, sorry I took until the second half for me to finally buckle down and make the game competitive.

Colts fall to the Ravens 21-14. The Ravens jumped out to a 21-0 halftime lead after a Ryan Tannehill pick and Gronkowski and Megatron destroying the usually decent Colts pass defense. Mallet was comfortable in the pocket in the first half only missing a handful of throws, since the Colts could not mount a pass rush of any type. The secondary also did not record any turnovers outside of a very advantageous fumble by Bernard in the 3rd quarter. Tillman got schooled by Megatron on a very important third and long with a circus catch, it was a sight to see.

After halftime the Colts stopped the bleeding and the Ravens got almost too conservative and it came close to costing them the game. They stood strong when it mattered and on the potentially game tying drive Tannehill throws a second pick to Patrick Willis which sealed the game.

The bad - oh my god my offense this week has been dogshit, receivers have been running into each other or dropping sure passes, my offense usually does decent but sputtered very early on.

The good - Maclin finally showed that he can be a productive member of this offense, he got separation when no receiver really could. I'm going to need him when Larry is being double teamed. Thank GOD Jamaal Charles is back next week and I can finally run the ball and really go west coast with this offense. Tannehill isn't the greatest on long throws and I hate having to force those throws.

The ugly - What in the poo poo was Tannehill doing with that pick in the endzone? Bennett was WIDE open and he overthrew him by easily 5 yards right to the safety. I dunno if it's a rhythm thing or not but lately my QB's have been whiffing some really easy throws....Also, did Chase Blackburn die out there?

Next week new offense and hopefully better results!

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 16, 2014

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I thought I was in the regular league thread and got really confused when I saw the the synopsis of the above game.

When are we turning over and when are you open to play Saints?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

I thought I was in the regular league thread and got really confused when I saw the the synopsis of the above game.

When are we turning over and when are you open to play Saints?

Advance is tonight and there's 2 user teams vs CPU games pending, Titans have a game, and Chiefs have a game.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Dubious posted:

Advance is tonight and there's 2 user teams vs CPU games pending, Titans have a game, and Chiefs have a game.

Was gonna get the game in last night but was too beat to do that and my other game. Sim the bizarro chefs if you need to.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Phone post advance special. I have some graphics on my work machine to post tomorrow.

Heres the matchups for now!

Xbox_user @ dubious
Tpotts87 @ danimo25
Havoc904 @ geologicw auto
Cpu @ paperback
Cpu @ badlero
Thenardpuppy @ cpu
Cpu @ dpcv8
nasty-niss @ davidbonham
Da_goob @ cpu
Mdubbs354 @ cpu

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
:siren:Season 1 Week 6 EFFORT POST :siren:

Matchups!

Xbox_user @ dubious - Nagger's undefeated Ravens come up to a Buccs team that has found it's groove after a crushing Week 1 loss.
Tpotts87 @ danimo25 - The Washington REDACTED are battling in the desert for valuable NFC positioning.
Havoc904 @ geologicw auto - Manziel gonna take a dump on this UNLOVED ABANDONED team.
Cpu @ paperback75 - The Raiders are banking on the second season of Terrelle Pryor being his best as they continue to defy historical expectations of sub .500 seasons.
Cpu @ badlero - A win should keep the Dolphins sitting at 1st in the AFCE.
Thenardpuppy @ cpu - The Panthers are sitting at 3rd, tied with the Falcons in the NFCS. Should be an easy win.
Cpu @ dpcv8 - A win for the Jets could keep them on pace with the Dolphins for division lead. Have we seen the last of Michael Vick in NY?
nasty-niss @ davidbonham - This divisional matchup can have serious implications in a division where the top 3 teams are 4-1.
Da_goob @ cpu - Bears are likely to turn the Falcon's offense into a fine red mist. The only obstacle is Atlanta's pass rush, which has proven effective, and an injured Matthew Stafford.
Mdubbs354 @ cpu - Colts looking to improve to 5-1 and keep the division theirs.

Standings!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Nagger, when can you play? My only obligation tonight is an NCAA matchup at 9PST, otherwise I'm free before and after that.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

How in the hell are the Jets 3-3?

Nevermind. They aren't a CPU team.

jabro fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 17, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I took two user loses and didn't replay one CPU game.

Vick and Gerheart have been benched.

David Wilson's bionic neck is my starting HB. Manuel is my QB.

Took a few weeks to find an offensive playbook that works, finally settled on Washingtons.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

I took two user loses and didn't replay one CPU game.

Vick and Gerheart have been benched.

David Wilson's bionic neck is my starting HB. Manuel is my QB.

Took a few weeks to find an offensive playbook that works, finally settled on Washingtons.

league rushing leader benched.

What if Toby Gerhart was black?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I need 95+ speed in my HBs. I love sweeps too much, and 85 SPD guys can't get to the outside in Madden anymore.

Running up the gut for 3 yards a carry was getting tedious.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Didn't see me on the list, not quitting the league just didn't have time to get in my game recently and didn't wanna hold the league up.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

waah posted:

Didn't see me on the list, not quitting the league just didn't have time to get in my game recently and didn't wanna hold the league up.

Chiefs and Saints are on a bye in Week 6. Probably shoulda pointed that out.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

TPotts87, when you want live the Case Keenum experience?

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I'm on now, this should be...eye opening.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

ForbiddenWonder posted:

I'm on now, this should be...eye opening.

I can play pretty much any time after 8:30 cst (2 hours from now)

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Tomorrow would probably be better then.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

I can do any time after 8:30pm any day just send me a message on psn I guess

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I take close losses way harder than I should. Good game, Bonham. I wish the controller rumbled when the pass rush is bearing down on your QB like in other EA football games. I took a few bad sacks that game. I think both our teams are built through the defense and it showed. I had a couple methodical grinding FG drives and Bonham basically just had 2 explosion TD plays. Aside from that there was a lot of punting, turnovers and general ugliness.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Colts move to 5-1 after decimating the Texans 31-3. Tannehill throws for 272 yards and 3 TD's and Jamaal Charles starts off the first game of his season right with 150+ all purpose yards and a rushing TD. Larry Fitzgerald records his sixth game in a row with a TD, and adds 42 yards to his yearly total.

Russell Wilson ran like his life depended on it and took six sacks and gave up two picks to the surprising Colts D. This defense has been playing as a very well oiled machine in the second half of games and this one was no different. The next three games are against opponents with a combined three wins, so the Colts look poised continue the season strong.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Piper posted:

I take close losses way harder than I should. Good game, Bonham.

Goddamn Northwestern!!! :mad:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Nagger if youre around i can go now or whenever tomorrow evening.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

The Piper posted:

I take close losses way harder than I should. Good game, Bonham. I wish the controller rumbled when the pass rush is bearing down on your QB like in other EA football games. I took a few bad sacks that game. I think both our teams are built through the defense and it showed. I had a couple methodical grinding FG drives and Bonham basically just had 2 explosion TD plays. Aside from that there was a lot of punting, turnovers and general ugliness.

That last drive was really intense, I definitely felt like every playcall could make or break the game. I don't like to blitz much but your OL is really solid. I think if you ran twice and sent the FG unit out you would have won, considering the cannon your kicker was sporting.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

Bonham posted:

That last drive was really intense, I definitely felt like every playcall could make or break the game. I don't like to blitz much but your OL is really solid. I think if you ran twice and sent the FG unit out you would have won, considering the cannon your kicker was sporting.

yep, thats exactly my takeaway from that last drive. When I got to your 40 yard line with roughly 30 seconds left and a timeout in my pocket I should have called a HB draw from the shotgun and just play for the long FG. Instead I drop back to pass, get an unexpected blitz and take a sack that kills my drive.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Argh, Pryor broke his jaw in my drubbing of the Chargers and I thought it was odd that the medical center was saying he'd be back in 1 week. Finish the game and now it says he's out for 3.

Next week, Danimo and the Cardinals vs my lovely backups

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Despite keeping it close and nearly winning, that was an incredibly unfun game. Constant terrible lag.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Yeah, it would either go from perfectly fine to really bad. Case is a terror to behold.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Cowboys 17 - Seahawks 10

All three of Manziel's picks were due to my WRs slipping in the rain. This kept the Seahawks in the game alot more than they should have been. I also couldn't get a run game going at all, it just really felt like nothing was clicking on offense. The best thing that happened was Demarcus Ware injuring Andrew Luck on a sack in the 1st quarter that kept him out until the 4th. That led to Ryan Fitzpatrick coming in and being a dingus (immediatly throwing a pick).

I also thought that my defense would have a monster game against that offensive line (with the highest rated started at like 75), but I was having trouble getting any pressure. It really opened up my eyes to how little o-lines rating can mean in this year's game.

I'm just happy to get out of that game with a win and no injuries. There were a few huge sacks that Manziel took that he looked like he could have got hurt going down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Going off the Web App (it's probably wrong), we are down to

Goob @ CPU
Nagger @ myself~

We should get ours in tonight. If Goob gets his CPU beatdown in we should be advancing this evening.

• Locked thread