Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HardDisk posted:

Facerig redeemed IMO
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I completely missed that somehow holy poo poo.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

I'm dying, squirtle.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

Elminage had a zero-kb update today and now it's giving me an "executable not found" error even though it verifies as being all there. Anyone else having this problem?

ChibiSoma posted:

Ghostlight somehow managed to release an 'update' that actually purges the Elminage folder of everything but the DirectX files.

corn in the bible posted:

the most recent elminage update erased everyone's game files. this bug may make it difficult to complete the game at this time.

For gently caress's sake Ghostlight. :ughh:

Orv
May 4, 2011
For those of you wondering, Caribbean! is Mount and Blade with pirates. It's also bad.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Did Sakura Spirit always have a nudity warning on the store page? Don't tell me they actually allowed the r18 version to be patched in. :pwn:

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Orv posted:

For those of you wondering, Caribbean! is Mount and Blade with pirates. It's also bad.

This - I gave it a try a few months ago thinking that sounded great, and it wasn't. Can't remember what was bad, but it was hard, and a bit confusing. Should give it another try again as it might be better now (still in development?).

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I wish I had read these posts before I just bought it just now.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Gilok posted:

I wish I had read these posts before I just bought it just now.

It's extreme early access and signs don't look good for it, but if it comes out for real it'll be a good game, I think.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kragger99 posted:

This - I gave it a try a few months ago thinking that sounded great, and it wasn't. Can't remember what was bad, but it was hard, and a bit confusing. Should give it another try again as it might be better now (still in development?).

It's gradually getting better, but it's made by the people who made the new Eador remake and they kept putting Caribbean! on hold to make a subpar TBS. It's getting better but I'm not sure it'll ever be good.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
Did someone order Russian Mount and Blade meets Rust?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfChHJaIhc

http://store.steampowered.com/app/290080/

Orv
May 4, 2011
Don't say that to me. I like having money.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

ChibiSoma posted:

Ghostlight

Oh, loving hell. Okay, saving my cash on Elminage then, those dudes aren't worth giving a dime to.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Did Sakura Spirit always have a nudity warning on the store page? Don't tell me they actually allowed the r18 version to be patched in. :pwn:

Orv
May 4, 2011
I know you're poo poo, but really don't defend Sakura Spirit.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

Oh, loving hell. Okay, saving my cash on Elminage then, those dudes aren't worth giving a dime to.

It's a shame because Elminage is really, really good. But now it doesn't exist :shrug:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
"T/N Note" I loving love you :allears:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My dick remains wanting then, alas.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Orv posted:

I know you're poo poo, but really don't defend Sakura Spirit.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/steam-inventory-helper/cmeakgjggjdlcpncigglobpjbkabhmjl

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Sort of related to the trading card selling app, is the idlemaster program ok to use? It needs info from my cookies for steam or something and i was a little concerned that information could be used to hijack my account or something.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Do you feel like you've gotten your moneys worth for this program or do you still have buyers remorse?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kly posted:

Sort of related to the trading card selling app, is the idlemaster program ok to use? It needs info from my cookies for steam or something and i was a little concerned that information could be used to hijack my account or something.

You're better off using SAM for card idling.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

PowerBeard posted:

Do you feel like you've gotten your moneys worth for this program or do you still have buyers remorse?

i feel like we've all gotten our money's worth from it

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Kly posted:

I've been using it recently, and it seems fine. It changes games automatically when the cards drops have finished, so you can just leavfe it for multiple game drops which is nice. It has, apparently, stolen code from SAM, so I don't know if that's an ethical reason not to use it, but whatever, it does the job.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

corn in the bible posted:

It's a shame because Elminage is really, really good. But now it doesn't exist :shrug:

Yeah, the game itself is fine if you like old Wizardry-style stuff. It looks like someone fixed the whole 'the game is not there' thing, as Steam's pulling down a 400MB 'update' right now. Whether it fixes the constant crashes or finally adds the pre-order bonuses that are still MIA is anyone's guess.

What other stuff has Ghostlight worked on to gain such a bad reputation, anyway?

Orv
May 4, 2011

ChibiSoma posted:

What other stuff has Ghostlight worked on to gain such a bad reputation, anyway?

They were kind enough to publish Agarest.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

I don't think the current version of Idle Master has any SAM code in it anymore, apparently he accidentally uploaded an old build at first that had still had SAM baked in it.

If the guy wanted to hijack your account he could've probably done it through Enhanced Steam already anyway. :v:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ChibiSoma posted:

i know their name from bitching in the 3ds thread about some awful EU localization where they ended up breaking the game

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

That 400MB Elminage update seems to have fixed things. I had to reset my options (was playing in windowed mode before) but my saves are still there.

Orv
May 4, 2011
More upcoming reasons to crucify Randy Pitchford: "We'll probably be announcing a release date [for Homeworld: Remastered Collection] in 6-8 weeks."

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
I think pathologic has overshadowed that the BEST russian game ever is now on Steam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkQKYCkGIUQ

It has sounds from Half Life. It has comrade Stalin. It has a the best subway. It is the STALIN SUBWAY

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311140

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 19, 2014

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Awesome! posted:

i know their name from bitching in the 3ds thread about some awful EU localization where they ended up breaking the game

It was an SMT game. What appeared to have happened (at least, so I was told) was that Atlus put in the EU localisation stuff for Ghostlight (new publisher names and stuff) and broke the game in doing so, then Ghostlight released the game without testing it sufficiently. Then it took ages to get fixed.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cardboard Box A posted:

I think pathologic has overshadowed that the BEST russian game ever is now on Steam:

It has sounds from Half Life. It has comrade Stalin. It has a the best subway. It is the STALIN SUBWAY

Wait why does that game have both an AK-47 and a DPT. :psyduck:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Cardboard Box A posted:

It has comrade Stalin. It has a subway. It is the STALIN SUBWAY
Hellforces on the same engine has a level set in Hell with rivers of lava and office cubicles. It also has night vision goggles that obscure your view with Matrix text junk. It's also poo poo.

Most bizarre Russian game on Steam is Vangers, anyway. Everyone else got nothing on a surreal voxel open world combat racer where your first goal to to help some bugs breed.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
The Stalin Subway is a really ugly, boring FPS that a friend of mine was obsessed with in high school.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Orv posted:

It's gradually getting better, but it's made by the people who made the new Eador remake and they kept putting Caribbean! on hold to make a subpar TBS. It's getting better but I'm not sure it'll ever be good.

Or another way: as a studio they've finished some good sized projects, and lots of the lack of visible progress is because they're working on making the game more than a standalone Mount and Blade mod.

There's no rush to buy it now, but based on what they say they're aiming for and what they've done before I'm still hoping.

e, commas,

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kly posted:

2 step authentication. Really, as simple as it is to add that extra layer of security all you need is a secure email (also with 2 step auth) and no one can ever crack your account. I think.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Orv posted:

More upcoming reasons to crucify Randy Pitchford: "We'll probably be announcing a release date [for Homeworld: Remastered Collection] in 6-8 weeks."

Someone announcing a date to announce a release date is enough for crucifixion imo.

Also not being able to figure out how to ship that $100 model I certainly have no interest at all in buying from the US to Canada :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Getgamer has the best price on the biggest anime for $12.

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/final-fantasy-xiii

• Locked thread