Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Elukka posted:

It has a little room for worthwhile threads now but it's still one big meme. Also every thread is filled with no content posts.

And idiots complaining about no good content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 684 days!)

i miss all those great old gbs threads like

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

the old story threads were pretty entertaining

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

The 9/11 thread was p funny

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Old GBS right before it changed was terrible garbage.
But now in new GBS I post in it so

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Hobohemian posted:

I'm honestly bored as poo poo with "cucking", "ironic" racism,Doobie, and anime bullshit in every loving thread. I say let the culling begin before the one year anniversary and take what we learned this year and bring it into 3.0.

yeah its definitely starting to play out, but this past year.. it needed to happen

time is a flat circle

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Everything being so buried in irony and bullshit that it's basically impossible to tell if horrible opinions are genuinely bad or just being posted for fun have made GBS pretty uninteresting these days outside of photoshop or chat threads.

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008
tbh it's pretty weird that posters just trip all over each other to post 'i'm a gay cuckold' on the first page of every thread, but it ultimately isn't that damaging (wtf just scroll past w/ your scull wheel) and it's loads preferable to GBS circa 2009

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im a fusion poster

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet
I thought it was gonna be like a joke for a week but it just never ended

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Captain Candiru posted:

Everything being so buried in irony and bullshit that it's basically impossible to tell if horrible opinions are genuinely bad or just being posted for fun have made GBS pretty uninteresting these days outside of photoshop or chat threads.

Yeah it was way better having 200 page threads about autism.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

THS posted:

im a fusion poster

same

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

Yeah it was way better having 200 page threads about autism.

now 200 pages of autism

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet

Pillow Clerk posted:

tbh it's pretty weird that posters just trip all over each other to post 'i'm a gay cuckold' on the first page of every thread, but it ultimately isn't that damaging (wtf just scroll past w/ your scull wheel) and it's loads preferable to GBS circa 2009

2009 was ok 2011 was where it really started going downhill

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

King of Internet posted:

2009 was ok 2011 was where it really started going downhill

2010 is when it became insufferable, I basically agree with you

Or DO I, heh, I'm tricky like that because dis is GBSToo modafoka

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Captain Candiru posted:

lol ya i ca nt get enough of them 'chops/chats tghreads but all these othere threads peeeeeyoooo they myust not call this place general bullSH*T for no reason !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's made me a lot dumber, that's for sure.

I can barely read a 4 line paragraph anymore without thinking tl;dr

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009
the feels

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

i miss zoofights

vvv: past tense, the internet [i made him stupid [/i

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

redshirt posted:

Would you say... The Internet makes you stupid, heh

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

redshirt posted:

its made u smarter bc u realize most long shits not worth reading dog

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
war and piece.......OF poo poo

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

old gbs was poo poo, new gbs is also poo poo, but in a different way

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

old gbs was the most boring garbage imaginable where at any given time, most threads were going through a 5-page circular slapfight between 2-4 posters over some poo poo that nobody else cares about

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Vargs posted:

old gbs was the most boring garbage imaginable where at any given time, most threads were going through a 5-page circular slapfight between 2-4 posters over some poo poo that nobody else cares about

oh ok nice conjecture how about you cite your sources

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Vargs posted:

that sounds extremely familiar

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Vargs posted:

Things are basically the same exact thing again except now the posts are like 1 or 2 poorly spelled sentences.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

THS posted:

bring back lf

There some rule you can't post politics in GBS?

Be the LF you want to see in the forums or w/e.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Ork of Fiction posted:

If you post it, they will come.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ork of Fiction posted:

he does lf poo poo all the time

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
everyone shits on old gbs but it was basically just an rss feed. i'm not sure what's so vile about discussing news articles with people but i guess it could've been pushed to a different subforum??

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

g0lbez posted:

everyone shits on old gbs but it was basically just an rss feed. i'm not sure what's so vile about discussing news articles with people but i guess it could've been pushed to a different subforum??

you would be probated for posting a news thread in old gbs

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Parallax Scroll posted:

you would be probated for posting a news thread in old gbs

you would only be probated if you just pasted a news article, you had to post your well written opinion on it complete with capital letters and commas and things

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

g0lbez posted:

every news thread just turned into this repetitious pile of bullshit where a few posters would try to outsmart each other and it wasn't funny or interesting in the slightest

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

g0lbez posted:

you would only be probated if you just pasted a news article, you had to post your well written opinion on it complete with capital letters and commas and things

gently caress that

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

mookface posted:

every news thread just turned into this repetitious pile of bullshit where a few posters would try to outsmart each other and it wasn't funny or interesting in the slightest

i remember back when people posted news articles.. sometimes there would be arguments and differences of opinion. those were dark days thank god that's over with i'm gay

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

g0lbez posted:

i remember back when people posted news articles.. sometimes there would be arguments and differences of opinion. those were dark days thank god that's over with i'm gay

you should probably stick to the doobie threads and games where you post and not leave there, ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

g0lbez posted:

theyd get petty and retarded very frequently

• Locked thread