Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 684 days!)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3594071&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

this is a nu gbs thread, and while it helped spawn the cuck meme, was extremely good original content, probably better than whatever hellbastard was doing with skulls and pirates that i did not read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dwight Evans posted:

Sorry we ruined your lovely mspaint webcomic circlejerk.

I don't believe your apology is sincere.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

mookface posted:

I always hated senor woodchuck so much and I felt extremely validated when everything came out of the woodwork

what happened

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

a starwar betamax posted:

Does anyone feel like the zeal and fervor that once defined the GBS community is starting to fade? I mean, my local fan club doesn't meet as much as it did in the past (we do around one or two meets a month now, when we used to meet every weekend in the past).
People I know from the forum tell me that they are getting tired of GBS in general and of the forums drama over hotdogs, cuck memes, etc. Some just say that they are burned out by it all and want to devote time to their other interests and hobbies instead.
Personally, I am increasingly caring about the forum and posting much more myself, too. I am not as active in the fan club now. I rarely read any other forums. Hell, I rarely read byob anymore.
I get the feeling that most posters, after almost one year of non-stop interest in GBS, are starting to wind down a bit. People are still fans, but they are not as into it as they once were. A guy I know who posts here believes that GBS 2015 could be the end of GBS because he believes that the intrest has peaked, and has fatigued itself to exhaustion that most goons are suffering from burnout in general.
Are you guys suffering from burnout? Do any goons you know scaling down their involvement with the forum? I wonder what this means for the forum as a whole - reduced levels of activity, etc.
this post is over two lines, you are clearly mental

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian

Hobohemian posted:

You have to be in a relationship and then have your woman cheat on you to be a cuckold, you loving moron.

oh I know, I just thought it was really funny that he/she was thinking about Independence Day and decided to post about it in this thread apropos of nothing

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
When I joined the rules were what set GBS apart. Posts had to have some sort of content and unfunny memes and catchphrases were banned when they became tired and unfunny. I'm not sure why anyone would argue that this is bad and we need more bullshit to scroll past.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Dr_Amazing posted:

When I joined the rules were what set GBS apart. Posts had to have some sort of content and unfunny memes and catchphrases were banned when they became tired and unfunny. I'm not sure why anyone would argue that this is bad and we need more bullshit to scroll past.

It's not bad, and I hope over the last year we have learned that some rules are good rules that should be enforced. If I wanted loving reddit I would post in loving reddit.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I still don't really know what the difference between nugbs and byob is really

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I still don't really know what the difference between nugbs and byob is really

You're not allowed to mock people in BYOB I think, or it's at least full of people who would otherwise be mocked if they posted in GBS.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

i thought it was weird at first when ppl were complaining about being arbitrarily and unfairly punished by creepy failures like woodchuck bc it says right there on the package that that's what your $10 buys you

but it turns out that idiots attempting humor is more fun than idiots attempting to outsmart each other, and all the crybaby poo poo about how gbs sux now because you can't win internet points anymore by dogpiling ppl you don't like with tumblr copypasta is p lol

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

gbs was fun as gently caress when the only acceptable form of posting was finding creative ways to call someone a rape apologist, regardless of the actual topic. miss the gently caress out of that.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

but it turns out that idiots attempting humor is more fun than idiots attempting to outsmart each other, and all the crybaby poo poo about how gbs sux now because you can't win internet points anymore by dogpiling ppl you don't like with tumblr copypasta is p lol

Was this really a thing that was happening a lot? I notice it a lot more now where threads that could have had potential got immediately poo poo up in the first few pages. Seriously try to find a thread that isn't full of name calling and people calling each other out. That's kind of the whole point about rules that posts have to have some sort of content.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Dr_Amazing posted:

Was this really a thing that was happening a lot? I notice it a lot more now where threads that could have had potential got immediately poo poo up in the first few pages. Seriously try to find a thread that isn't full of name calling and people calling each other out. That's kind of the whole point about rules that posts have to have some sort of content.

cry about it

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

Vote 1 and move on.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

Dr_Amazing posted:

it's the only thing that ever happened in gbs '09-'13. the witch hunts where the only thing that broke up the monotony of a bunch of godawful nerds pedantically lecturing each other about things they don't grasp.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Good examples of what that guys talking about there

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
gbs right before new-gbs was absolutely terrible.

it deserved all the hate it got.

oldschool gbs was cool but we cant go backwards we can only go forwards

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3456827&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3463278

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3460017

here's a few thousand posts where some boring retards fight over who is most offended by a bad thing, it's really good.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Dr_Amazing posted:

it's exactly the same poo poo in old gbs and new gbs, it's just that the insult circus is run by a different bunch of morons now and they like to chestbeat about it in response to posts like yours

like a few weeks ago we had the exact same thread as the first one sexgun rasputin just posted, with people whose opinions are just as bad, only the recent one is in lowercase and has shorter posts

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Old GBS went days without anyone posting a thread because people were scared that their thread ideas would be deemed unworthy of old GBS, a bad forum where weird people talked about rape.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

i'm not gonna go all comedy justice warrior here bc ffs but the least you can say about nugbs is that ppl attempt to approach topics with some levity in the interest of enjoying life instead of bitter impotent whining about social issues.

i mostly see people get insulted when they write long lovely sociology 101 effort posts because who wants to read that poo poo

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

i'm not gonna go all comedy justice warrior here bc ffs but the least you can say about nugbs is that ppl attempt to approach topics with some levity in the interest of enjoying life instead of bitter impotent whining about social issues.

i mostly see people get insulted when they write long lovely sociology 101 effort posts because who wants to read that poo poo

I do, actually.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Dr_Amazing posted:

serious gbs was rife with bullshit, not least the constant bullshit of goonlets having their just-world fantasies popped, which dragged down litereally every thread about a bad thing that happened

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

For content:

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

comedy justice warrior

Totally stealing this. CJW.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

oh jfc the rape threads THE RAPE THREADS the term triggered gets bandied about a lot these days but i about irl had a panic attack just now remembering goons fighting about who was the most offended by rape i've got cold sweat running in rivulets from my armpits

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
cool jewish woman

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

Neo Duckberg posted:

I do, actually.

well uh go be a freshman in community college or something???

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

well uh go be a freshman in community college or something???

I am, now that you say that.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I am a comedy justice warrior. I defend these walls so you don't have to.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hobohemian posted:

I am a comedy justice warrior. I defend these walls so you don't have to.

FOR THE LULZ!

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the very blanket of comedy I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way; otherwise I suggest you pick up a keyboard and stand a post.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

the forces that guide our forum world are out of balance

bring back helldump

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
all posts after this one are from DUMB IDIOTS:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
whats that? someone say my name?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ilikedirt posted:

all posts after this one are from DUMB IDIOTS:

Hello

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
New GBS is basically the same dumb poo poo as old GBS except now it's hilarious because we're ironically racist and can't spell. The photoshop threads even basically disappeared after a few good ones right at the start too.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
well now I get to make posts like this and hopefully not get probated

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
i miss the photoshop threads and the goldmined threads that ended up on the front page. not much of that anymore

i don't miss the hundreds of pages of people piling on a poster that doesn't hate rape enough and the intolerance of funny poo poo posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

There's always at least one stickied photoshop thread, what are you retards even talking about

• Locked thread