Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Heavy Metal posted:

I hope it says "Titty Master" on the back, call me crazy!

At this point, everyone already knows that Ambrose has a Masters degree in Titties. No need to advertise it. It's general public knowledge, like Coca Cola or the Big Mac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This is the only unofficial Ambrose t-shirt I want.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I love how his response is "Haha! You could not defeat me this time, Table! ...gently caress that hurt."

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Smoking Crow posted:

I'm a little worried that no one gets real heel heat in the WWE. Brock isn't hated so much as held in awe by the fans. I want an old fashioned Big Boss Man style rear end in a top hat that people want to beat the poo poo out of.

Rollins is LOATHED.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

Not bad but it kinda looks like it reads DEIAN.

For a second I was wondering if DEZAN was Devitt's new name.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Rollins is LOATHED.
This is true. I love the dude as a wrestler but I just want to see his character get his rear end whooped.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Rollins is LOATHED.

Don't worry they'll fix that by having Cena stomp him into the ground tomorrow.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Rollins is LOATHED.

I can't really accept corporate guys as real heels. I want him to break off from the authority and just be evil for evil's sake

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pariah Rex posted:

Don't worry they'll fix that by having Cena stomp him into the ground tomorrow.

The only thing more annoying than CENAWINZLOL is people preemptively bitching about it.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

You'd almost think there's ten years worth of precedence for that bitching.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The only thing more annoying than CENAWINZLOL is people preemptively bitching about it.

Or people preemptively bitching about future bitching

How far down is this rabbit hole going to go

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Or people preemptively bitching about future bitching

How far down is this rabbit hole going to go

Point taken, walking away from this derail.

Rewatched the Ambrose/Rollins segment and everything about it was magical.

Smoking Crow posted:

I can't really accept corporate guys as real heels. I want him to break off from the authority and just be evil for evil's sake

So you haven't thought there's a real heel in WWE since about 1999?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think it's a bit stale right now. I also think they should bring back two man announcing teams and non-scripted promos.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

SamuraiFoochs posted:

How was SES CM Punk a corporate heel? What about Edge? Even "Ironclad Contract" Big Show was an anti-authority heel.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Memento posted:

How was SES CM Punk a corporate heel?

This was before SES, but still. :allears:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

So Jamie Noble was trending on Twitter. That was cool,

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

How was SES CM Punk a corporate heel? What about Edge? Even "Ironclad Contract" Big Show was an anti-authority heel.

I was more thinking top heel. SES Punk was top heel on SD but not top heel. Since like 99 there's been an authority figure heel. Vince, Steph, McMahon-Helmsley Regime, Bischoff, Vickie, Big Johnny, hell, even the Anonymous Raw GM, and now The Authority.

And Rusev, as said, is a legit heel who's totally non-corporate.

Also Top Heel, pre-SES Punk got aided by Vince. :colbert:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
So can we all agree that Dean Ambrose was watching the show at home, saw Seth making an open challenge, immediately called a taxi and arrived at the arena in like 3 minutes?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Rhonne posted:

So can we all agree that Dean Ambrose was watching the show at home, saw Seth making an open challenge, immediately called a taxi and arrived at the arena in like 3 minutes?

I like to believe he didn't even know there was a challenge, dude just randomly showed up.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Rollins is LOATHED.

As is Rusev, it's amazing how well his 80's gimmick is working. As mediocre as JBL often is I give him credit for selling Rusev as not only threatening as the Brock of the upper midcard but also making the audience really buy into it with the whole "wow, even the commentator that usually supports the bad guys hates this dude's guts" factor.

Rhonne posted:

Taker loaned him his magical teleporting powers.

"Oh your "brother" backstabbed and tried to kill you? I know how that goes....wait MY brother's helped?! Here ya go, go getcha some."

Ragnarok the Red fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Sep 22, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I was more thinking top heel. SES Punk was top heel on SD but not top heel.

Smackdown was headlining PPVs regularly in 08-10. Top heel on Smackdown was top heel, depending on the event. Jeff Hardy was easily the most over face at the time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Smoking Crow posted:

Am I weird for not hating the product? Sure, I get a little miffed that they're not pushing the Wyatt's Sheamus and other people I like, but I don't think this is the worst wrestling I've ever seen.

Tonight's show was fine and it's been kind of fine for the last two months. Summerslam was great and NoC was mostly great, it just kind of paled in comparison to the way some other shows this weekend ended.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What is up with the retarded divas booking, Paige and AJ might as well constantly hot shot the belt every few months at this rate.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alteisen posted:

What is up with the retarded divas booking, Paige and AJ might as well constantly hot shot the belt every few months at this rate.

I wouldn't have a problem with that. Other than Natalya whose credibility has been mostly killed outside of NXT, and until they call up a few more actual wrestlers from NXT, nobody else in the current division consistently puts on good matches to the point where giving them a title run is justified. I, for one, enjoy a good lengthy back and forth title feud because it makes the title more important. This feud is all about how badly they want the title, and trying to psyche each other out so the champion will lose it. Hotshotting is when they do several title changes between several wrestlers in a short period of time because they think it makes people watch. TNA is doing that. WWE's Divas division isn't. If they did give the entire division title feuds, people would be (and are anyway) bitching about Total Divas taking over.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I'm just glad it's on one of them rather than Nikki, and nothing happened during the match to make me think they'll keep the three-way going. No Brie run-in, no cheating or stolen wins. Nikki's tossed out, belt changed hands clean. I hope that means that was Nikki's one PPV payday for whatever they have going on Total Divas and the Bellas will do their own thing from now on.

Though I am really, really bored of AJ now. I feel like her character is completely watered down and by having her always be the dominant one nobody else feels like much of a threat. It's the whole Cena-vs-Wyatt/Nexus problem again. They played that good package/promo from Paige twice last night, but when it came to the match she's on her knees begging AJ for leniency and Nikki came off as the most brutal-looking person in the match; AJ went over every other woman in one night before and now the only person who has been able to step up to her is left cowering. Even aside from the inconsistent storytelling, Paige and AJ just don't have any real chemistry in the ring, at least not compared to many matches they've each had with multiple other people.
This has been going on since the end of June, now. It really should have ended at SummerSlam. If last night was the end to it then that's been a big pile of nothing and if it's going to carry on to the next PPV then it better be the biggest gently caress-off crazy Divas match in history or it'll be an even bigger pile of nothing. Flipping the belt back and forth doesn't add anything to anyone and occasionally exchanging gently caress-me eyes and death stares doesn't warrant four months.

... On the other hand, this time ten years ago my reaction to it all would have just been "I ain't watching this shite, time for the toilet before the matches that matter" so perhaps, overall, they have a good thing going.

sticklefifer posted:

and trying to psyche each other out so the champion will lose it.
This may be my biggest gripe with it at the moment, I don't buy into any of the "mind games". It feels like since about a week before SummerSlam they haven't actually been doing anything; the only "mind game" AJ has is skipping and the best Paige has is also skipping, but her skipping isn't quite as effective as AJ's? Or something? I guess also they're kind of playing gay chicken except that's not playing into the matches at all, and even if it were, "are they gay?" is pretty flimsy. They're not even doing the "frenemies" thing anymore, which at least added some depth beyond "women are crazy, Maggle!"

pressedbunny fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 22, 2014

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I really don't know what they're doing with the storyline. paige even screamed like "WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME" at AJ during the match which hasn't been part of the angle at all? it's really just a completely lazy nonsensical feud where they do the same thing every week and I'm beyond bored of it

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

WHy is everybody apologizing for these mediocre shows every month? Entire shows held up by one match, usually not the main. Dumb booking, bad weekly shows, no effort whatsoever. Nothing matches, no interesting stories, only fun new thing is Brock being the champ and even now Cena is creeping on ruining it. Only fun things have been Ambrose and Russev. Divas division is in a new kind of hell, terrible bella segments EVERY week taking up huge amounts of time for no heat. Regins being shoved down our throats (Even while injured!!). What the gently caress is the midcard? What the gently caress is Bray Wyatt? Sheamus? Ziggler trades wins with loving Miz instead of interesting matches with ANYBODY else. Xavier Woods stable is on indefinite hold. What the gently caress is the Tag Team division? Announcing is loving terrible as ever.

God I can go on and on. Calling these PPVs "fine" is a loving lie. Having one or two good matches a week/PPV isn't fine over a period of drat months. Like jesus just make the wrestlers interesting with a personality like Ambrose and kill this goddamn parity booking.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It was a good show with good wrestling. Who cares about Xavier Woods

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Basic Chunnel posted:

It was a good show with good wrestling. Who cares about Xavier Woods

But he likes the 90s!!! I lived through that time period!!

tigerdriver82
Jun 15, 2009

Yo, you best
~Protect Your Neck~
Ah yeah, again and again!
I hate Florida Georgia Line so much.
Is there a way to change to Spanish announcers on the Network?
I may not understand it, but I'll be happier watching the shows.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I also thought last night was a good show, although I didn't like the last match. So naturally I checked in to the NoC thread only to learn that WWE is about to go out of business because the network is a failure, because Cena almost went over clean again.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If the WWE gave Dean Ambrose the ball, and let him run with it, I worry that he'd run the ball directly to a pawn shop, and then use the money to purchase chewing tobacco and grain alcohol.

Regardless, I would be entertained by it.

More Dean Ambrose on every single WWE broadcast, please.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
It's a shame, because so often a PPV is judged on its last match. Last match had a bullshit finish, but most of the stuff leading up to it was fine.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I really liked this show and thought there were a bunch of good to great matches. I just hope Raw stops being the shits soon.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

RBX posted:

Regins being shoved down our throats (Even while injured!!).

This is absurd. Reigns is easily their #2 face on the current roster and he got pulled from his match less than 48 hours before the PPV. Would you expect them to not address it on the show?

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Y'all are a bunch of bullshit apologists. I missed the tag match, but every loving match had a dumb bullshit finish that I saw, or was a bad match. I'd say it was almost tied with Battleground for worst PPV of the year.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Rewatched the Ambrose/Rollins segment and everything about it was magical.

I wish he climbed out of the trunk instead of the back seat.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

maxallen posted:

Y'all are a bunch of bullshit apologists. I missed the tag match, but every loving match had a dumb bullshit finish that I saw, or was a bad match. I'd say it was almost tied with Battleground for worst PPV of the year.

Tag match ended just like miz/dolph.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhonne posted:

You know the taxi driver from Scrooged? He's Ambrose's buddy.

maxallen posted:

The wrestling on the show was really, really good. The only bad thing was the ending to the main event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

maxallen posted:

The finishes are the ones with the least flexibility anyway. The wrestling performances with Cesaro/Sheamus and Orton/Y2J were pretty solid. I couldn't predict that RKO (though I'm still relatively new to watching WWE.)

The only terrible part was how muddled the main event's ending was. I would've gone nuts if Rollins actually pulled through and flat out stole the title from Lesnar and Cena.

• Locked thread