Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Extreme Period Pond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
my band's 12'' split with our buddies semtex is out, you can order it from http://kaos-kontrol.org/shop/product_info.php?products_id=569

also gotta recommend some finnish dirt for ya'll:

hebosagil: sludgey noise rock, like a amprep style with that nola groove.
https://hebosagil.bandcamp.com/track/t-m-mies

fleshpress: grand old man of the finnish scene. in the past few albums, these guys have mutated almost beyond recognition from the slow dirge they used to do. melodic, progressive still heavy as gently caress. my favourite band. check out if you dig earth, king crimson, rwake, grief...
https://fleshpress.bandcamp.com/track/coming-of-gaze

throat: sludgey noise rock, i love this band. check em if you dig that hosed up grooove:
https://ihatethroat.bandcamp.com/album/manhole

chestburster: these guys are pretty much straight up rock and roll, but they have that 90s sludgey, noisey sound. dinosaur jr. meets buzzoven, basically. no stoner, no doom, just straight up hosed up dirty rock.
https://thetruechestburster.bandcamp.com/track/opiate-fivefold-2

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Sep 12, 2014

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
Throat reminds me of Daughters in the right ways. Also I still can't wait for more Daughters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfi4WssbJjA

e: Wow, the Steak track "Pisser" is some straight-up John Garcia vocals.

ChickenArise fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 12, 2014

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

ChickenArise posted:

e: Wow, the Steak track "Pisser" is some straight-up John Garcia vocals.

Because it features John Garcia.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
That explains everything! Spotify didn't have it labeled that I could see.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Holy gently caress the new Yob is so good. I saw them live with Pallbearer too and it was amazing - definitely the best way to hear "Marrow" for the first time. I think its their best work since they reformed.

Still really enjoying the new Earth too, but Yob has blown my expectations, and they're one of my favourite bands.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Yob + Pallbearer tomorrow. :black101:

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Metanaut posted:

See you there! I'll be the long haired guy in a band shirt.
I'm starting to be a bit giddy about the gig already.

Also, I think this might fit here (click for large):

I posted this in Instagram and the band replied something along the lines of "What, no Sabbath tribute? Poseur!"

flamingdawg
May 25, 2006
[This is a couple of months old, but I only just found it and I checked back a few pages without seeing it posted.]

Full Colour Haze set from this year's Duna Jam. Contains a couple of new tracks, plus a moment where the drummer nearly brains the bassist with a flyaway stick. Cool stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkl-Ro1tP6k

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Metanaut posted:

Caught them on sunday. Pallbearer was good, but YOB was amazing. They played the entire new album, and added some tracks including Quantum Mystic and Kosmos for good measure. They're one of the most consistently fantastic live bands I've ever seen, goddamn. Monolord also kicked some serious rear end, so make sure to see them if they're ever in your area.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
It's a while away still but for UK goons the lineup for Temples festival in Bristol is already looking sweet.

Super excited to see Bongzilla and Goatsnake (who I didn't know still played live), I like Torche and Sunn O))) always put on an awesome show. Converge are meh but Pig Destroyer and Goatwhore will probably be worth a look too. Wonder who else is still to be confirmed (here's hoping it includes Ufomammut and Sleep/Om).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

big scary monsters posted:

It's a while away still but for UK goons the lineup for Temples festival in Bristol is already looking sweet.

Super excited to see Bongzilla and Goatsnake (who I didn't know still played live), I like Torche and Sunn O))) always put on an awesome show. Converge are meh but Pig Destroyer and Goatwhore will probably be worth a look too. Wonder who else is still to be confirmed (here's hoping it includes Ufomammut and Sleep/Om).

That lineup is Chronicles of Riddickulous. Europe gets all the good festivals.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

And it's a 20 minute walk for me :)

Don't overlook Celeste, they were one of the best surprises at Roadburn when they played. Oh God I finally get to see Sunn again, though. This is the best news.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Idioteque Dance posted:

And it's a 20 minute walk for me :)
I'm just about to move to Bristol, local music scene seems pretty good. Looks like The Fleece is the place to go for metal shows?

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

I'm just about to move to Bristol, local music scene seems pretty good. Looks like The Fleece is the place to go for metal shows?

Yep! There are some smaller gigs at Exchange from time to time, and more local doom or psyche bands tend to play at Louisiana but the main gigs are almost always at the Fleece. It's a pretty interesting venue and has a pub next door with an amazing beer selection.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
what's the lineup for bongzilla? dixie or cooter on bass? magma on drums?

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Sep 16, 2014

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

This is pretty sweet. I won't mind sleeping in the car for the night to catch both days, that if there is a car park in the area.

Agustin Cienfuegos
May 7, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHi8mHZQa7o New video from Birmingham's Alunah, female fronted trad doom kinda stuff. I dig it.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
It's a three day festival, there's still a lot more to be announced!

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Agustin Cienfuegos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHi8mHZQa7o New video from Birmingham's Alunah, female fronted trad doom kinda stuff. I dig it.

There's a bit of a blast from the past. Saw them at a local DIY one day mini-festival like thing years ago. Pretty fun stuff, I even got merch from them. Need to dig out their EP.

kukrunkarmaskin
Mar 28, 2005

you should see my TMNT® Machinegun

ElectricWizard posted:

Caught them on sunday. Pallbearer was good, but YOB was amazing. They played the entire new album, and added some tracks including Quantum Mystic and Kosmos for good measure. They're one of the most consistently fantastic live bands I've ever seen, goddamn. Monolord also kicked some serious rear end, so make sure to see them if they're ever in your area.

Nice. Seeing YOB + PB tomorrow, and Monolord (with Kongh and the Moth Gatherer) on October 1st :dukedog:

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Thanks for this, I'll probably snag the album when it drops.

Been listening to the new Yob since it got to my door last week and I gotta say I love it. Not much to add to what other people have said about it, just wanted to chime in. Also the first time I've actually bought something on vinyl and I have to say that it looks pretty damned sweet.

Get to see High on Fire this Friday :hellyeah:. Will be the first time I've gotten to see Matt Pike live, so I'm super stoked about it.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Ladies and gentlemen, Toronto bad-rear end Ian Blurton and his band Public Animal.

https://vimeo.com/106332193

I had the pleasure of opening for them in my last band when they rolled through town a couple months ago, which was sweet because the band I was in 10 years ago opened for his last band C'Mon. IF you're in Canada and they roll through your city you should probably go check them out. Their live show blows the album out of the water.

And for the hell of it here's some C'Mon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_v2QundMkI

:canada:

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 17, 2014

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

ElectricWizard posted:

Yob kicked off with Ball of Molten Lead and ended with Adrift in the Ocean. :vince:

Pallbearer was good too.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Yesterday I was going to post about how you all are really rubbing it with the rad shows you all are getting to see, but I bit my tongue. Then today I see that Lord Mantis is playing about an hour away in October and might actually get to go to a good show but guess what? I'm going to be out of town for a business convention that weekend. :smith:

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
I'm really excited for Earth on Sunday. I may or may not have stayed in town instead of going to the lake this weekend just so I won't be dead tired for the show. >_>

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I will see you there

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

This is great, thanks for posting it.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Can anyone recommend some music along the lines of At the Stake off Stoner Witch? I'd love to hear an entire album just like that.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Feedbacker by Boris is pretty much exactly that. A few more guitar solos though.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

http://www.npr.org/2014/09/21/348988770/first-listen-electric-wizard-time-to-die

Just gonna leave that there okay?

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
I also want to say that Yob live is :pusheen:.Also, I still can't get into Pallbearer.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

AstroWhale posted:

I also want to say that Yob live is :pusheen:.Also, I still can't get into Pallbearer.

Yeah Pallbearer doesn't scratch my itch either. At all.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
"Foreigner" is a pretty good song, but nothing else they've done really measures up to it for me.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
I haven't heard Electric Wizard's Return Trip in awhile, so I listened to it this morning. I laughed because at the end it sounds like he is screaming I'LL NEVER poo poo AGAIN!!

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Polegrinder posted:

I haven't heard Electric Wizard's Return Trip in awhile, so I listened to it this morning. I laughed because at the end it sounds like he is screaming I'LL NEVER poo poo AGAIN!!

Well E Wiz's latest releases have been utter poo poo so he obviously lied about that.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

I'm listening to the new Electric Wizard album now and it's pretty awful

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm listening to the new Electric Wizard album right now and it's pretty good

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I'm listening to the new Yob album right now and it's pretty good.

I think The Unreal Never Lived is still their best though.

e: OK wait I was only partway through my first listen when I posted that. Marrow might be the best thing they've ever done.

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm listening to the new Electric Wizard album right now and it's pretty good