Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Pron on VHS posted:

Someone took photos of Chiefs owner Clark Hunt's luxury box at Arrowhead. It is insane.

Hot drat where can I get one of those, that's kind of amazing if not totally over-the-top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I can't wait for the inevitable Bengals/Lions super bowl.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/arizona-cardinals-blocked-field-goal-nine-men-san-francisco-49ers

19-0 baby! Who can stop us? We don't even need all the dudes on the field!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This Rob Bironas stuff is pretty odd.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2014/09/23/students-say-rob-bironas-chased-threatened/16096649/

quote:

Connor Fraley said he was a passenger in a vehicle driving behind Bironas' white SUV on Battery Lane when he and others in the truck noticed a burning smell coming from Bironas' vehicle.

"His window was down, and we pulled up and I said, "Hey man, just a heads up, something's burning from your exhaust. Your exhaust smells horrible, just wanted to let you know,'' Fraley recalled telling Bironas. "He looked over at me and said "I'm going to kill everybody in your (expletive) vehicle. It was so random, so bizarre I was like, "What?" And he said the exact same thing again."

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

football fuckerman posted:

Shanahan is pretty good but the inability to get that first down late in the game is so frustrating. If you're keeping score of how well Shanahan did that game, it's the equivalent of taking an offensive score off the board when you give the ball back with time and a short field. Very hard to imagine the defense preventing the Ravens from gaining 15 or 20 yards there

I think he was overthinking in a pressure situation and acted conservatively, which fits with why he insisted they stop the no huddle late in the game vs the Steelers despite it being really effective

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Pron on VHS posted:

Someone took photos of Chiefs owner Clark Hunt's luxury box at Arrowhead. It is insane.

The impressive stained glass window depicting a Chiefs QB fetaling up prior to a sack is my favorite

Holy gently caress

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm going with something leaking into his car made him a raging dick, because he never really stood out as one before, and it's not like being a FA kicker from the NFL is really going to give someone a big head, right?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Maybe he was committing auicide and was just warning them.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Just don't drive when you try bath salts.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

The fact that his wife called to report him missing before the incidents is strange and kind of sad. I wonder if she just was worried because he hadn't checked in for a long time or if it was a situation where she was concerned about him because something happened and then he left...

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Kalli posted:

And Mack is fantastic. The problems with the Raiders are just how putrid the roster is due to the abysmal drafting and resulting roster purge last year, then patching the roster up with a bunch of over the hill free agents. This wasn't a fixable problem in a year no matter what your GM did, as the Raiders are rightly considered a laughingstock, and I think the signings they made were the right call.

Mack and Carr look to be a decent start though. What they probably need to do is trade down and get a ton of draft picks next year. Just try to accumulate as many mid round picks as possible and walk into training camp next year with a dozen man draft class of the unsexiest linemen, linebackers and safeties out there.

So a goon's dream draft.

Three years going with Reggie and Allen , two almost terrible drafts and free agency periods.I don't know were to look or how to compare with other rebuilding periods.Usually you just slap a three year tag on it and evaluate , but the raiders problem feels almost bigger than any other team rebuilding.

Kill Dozed
Feb 13, 2008

Doesn't Ambien make you do crazy poo poo if you manage to stay awake after taking one? Maybe something like that happened to Bironas.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I would yeah. Like, I'm trying to think of situations as bad as the Raiders' and I think the closest comparison I can think of is the return of the Browns.

The Raiders draft history leading up to this is probably worse then even what Millen did to the Lions.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Clearly Rob Bironas was suffering from CTE.

Also I want to live in that luxury box.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

The impressive stained glass window depicting a Chiefs QB fetaling up prior to a sack is my favorite

Does someone live there year around? Because that looks totally livable.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If a kicker has CTE, then we're going to find out it's communicable like Ebola.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Fitting that Bironas went out at the end of another failed drive something something i'll work out the delivery later

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Kalli posted:

I would yeah. Like, I'm trying to think of situations as bad as the Raiders' and I think the closest comparison I can think of is the return of the Browns.

The Raiders draft history leading up to this is probably worse then even what Millen did to the Lions.

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down Kalli

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Kalli posted:

At least expansion teams don't have to purge a bad roster.

Only three Millen players remain on the Lions roster: Dominic Raiola, the center, Don Muhlbach, the :siren: Pro Bowl :siren: long snapper, and Megatron. The last one is a bit of a saving grace.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

The Jaguars are suffering from a crazy dearth of talent, too, and they didnt even have Al Davis being senile to cause it. There are just so few draft picks from the past couple years still on the team, it is amazing. On top of stupid trades (like trading their second to move up to draft Gabbert). The team has been short on talent since like 2008 and the drafting has been below average to outright terrible since then, on top of free agents not wanting to join the team.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

When taking Ambien goes bad.

tadashi posted:

The fact that his wife called to report him missing before the incidents is strange and kind of sad. I wonder if she just was worried because he hadn't checked in for a long time or if it was a situation where she was concerned about him because something happened and then he left...

He went to bed and he wasn't there when she went up there later.

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 23, 2014

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Kalli posted:

For the long haul, yeah, but there's something special about 0-16.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Ambien is a hell of a drug

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Cruel and Unusual posted:

At least expansion teams don't have to purge a bad roster.

Only three Millen players remain on the Lions roster: Dominic Raiola, the center, Don Muhlbach, the :siren: Pro Bowl :siren: long snapper, and Megatron. The last one is a bit of a saving grace.

It would be interesting to see the percentage of players drafted that are still on an active roster.

Matt Millen, GM is one of the single worst things to happen to a franchise in NFL history.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I was worried about the Steelers after losing so many starting defenders but then I saw that we are playing the AFCS

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

The_Hat posted:

I wanna quote this post from the Hot Seat thread:

That is some Andy Reid-style ignoring the run in favor of passing

I'm going to be a pedantic jerk again and point out that Pittsburgh actually leads the league in rushing by quite a bit, with 6.0 yards/attempt.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

Sorry be be that guy but I'm just so drat excited by this beautiful, beautiful development.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

African AIDS cum posted:

Fitting that Bironas went out at the end of another failed drive something something i'll work out the delivery later

wide right

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Jennings had a good game, huh? Daaaaamn.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Does someone live there year around? Because that looks totally livable.

Clark Hunt, like Lamar before him, doesn't live in KC. So I imagine he shacks up there when forced to be out of Texas.

That stained glass window should be in that "This is why you suck" article for the Chiefs.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

that didn't take long

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Blarfk posted:

I'm going to be a pedantic jerk again and point out that Pittsburgh actually leads the league in rushing by quite a bit, with 6.0 yards/attempt.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

Sorry be be that guy but I'm just so drat excited by this beautiful, beautiful development.

AAA DOLFAN has failed me

(his post was before the Steelers game Sunday night, and I didn't even think to adjust for that, my bad)

OIL! OIL! OIL!
Apr 12, 2009

Ozu posted:

AFC Beast

@fbgchase
Ryan Tannehill is last among starting QBs in QBR. EJ Manuel is 2nd to last. Geno Smith is 3rd to last. Tom Brady's in bottom ten, too.

So they just continued using and reporting QBR until it is was accepted? Unless you really think Josh McCown was the best QB in the NFL last year, why talk about it?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

There is more than one bright spot for the Raiders. On top of Derek Carr playing well for a rookie and Khalil Mack playing decent as well, the O-Line has surprisingly been effective at pass protection. Everything else about the team isn't great, though. Our draft picks from last year aren't good, they cannot stop the run to save their lives, and our wide receivers and running backs are awful.

If Reggie continues building on the last draft, the Raiders will be respectable. A terrible season was expected, and Dennis Allen will be gone which will be great for the team.

EDIT: Trent Dilfer's QBR is a dumb stat for dumb people

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Panthers' Tolbert on IR until November 30. And they brought in someone at LB, wonder if Davis' injury is worse than expected.

Hard to remain optimistic about our chances after Sunday night's game and all these injuries racking up. I just assume Stewart is out for at least a month any time he leaves a game.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

quote:

missed by a foot."

Always A Titan

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Kalli posted:

And Mack is fantastic. The problems with the Raiders are just how putrid the roster is due to the abysmal drafting and resulting roster purge last year, then patching the roster up with a bunch of over the hill free agents. This wasn't a fixable problem in a year no matter what your GM did, as the Raiders are rightly considered a laughingstock, and I think the signings they made were the right call.

Mack and Carr look to be a decent start though. What they probably need to do is trade down and get a ton of draft picks next year. Just try to accumulate as many mid round picks as possible and walk into training camp next year with a dozen man draft class of the unsexiest linemen, linebackers and safeties out there.

I don't think linebacker is really a need, more depth would be nice. Moore, Mack, and Roach isn't bad. Depending on where we draft next year (1-3), trading down and getting an upgrade at right tackle or getting a defensive end should really be the top priority.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

NFL Census

The Eagles are the whitest team in the league.

More data here: http://www.besttickets.com/blog/nfl-player-census-2014/

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Mike Tomlin ‏@CoachTomlin
Deebo is back. There goes the neighborhood.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Anyone else have their fingers crossed for the Matt Moore 8-8 Dolphins extravaganza?

edit: Who is the white cornerback??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Cruel and Unusual posted:

NFL Census

The Eagles are the whitest team in the league.

More data here: http://www.besttickets.com/blog/nfl-player-census-2014/

The right column should just say pacific islander haha

• Locked thread