Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Oh yeah, you mentioned the Pistoiese connection right when the whole debacle went down. Seems to be working well so far anyway.

Reminder that there are midweek games this week. Empoli host Milan tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
gently caress Allegri. Now that he's at Juve, he starts winning. What a jerk.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cippalippus posted:

gently caress Allegri. Now that he's at Juve, he starts winning. What a jerk.

Give it time. He won a title with Milan despite himself.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
I was diving and I missed the game, but from what I've heard Milan played terribly anyway. Berlusconi made one of his half joking, half "you're hosed if you don't do what I say" declarations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cippalippus posted:

I was diving and I missed the game, but from what I've heard Milan played terribly anyway. Berlusconi made one of his half joking, half "you're hosed if you don't do what I say" declarations.

Oh I didn't know you were Menez :v:

Yeah we were very bad in the second half. The first half was a total counterattack only plan which was working decently well enough, Honda had a great chance on target that Buffon saved with a diving one hander. The problem is Milan had three bulldozers in midfield, no creativity. I'd like to see Van Ginkel get a chance (he's supposed to tomorrow) and when Montolivo gets back things might improve in that department.

The second half was real bad though, the whole side looked exhausted and Juve pressed basically the whole time. I can understand Silvio's problem, everyone wants to see a forward attacking side that takes the game to their opponents but I think Inzaghi did what was best and it was close to working imo. A draw would've been a great result. We don't have the personnel to play an offensive game against Juventus ffs.

I do expect to see a lot more forward pressure against most other sides though. If that doesn't happen then it'll start to be annoying.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Allegri is rumored to be going with a 4-3-3 against Cesena, with Morata, Coman and Evra all starting. So if GD is right, Juve will lose...

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

So. Some awesome poo poo happened on Friday. Went to a pick up game and saw some dude wearing a Lazio kit. Started bullshitting around and he started calling me Fiorentina. Another dude was wearing a Milan kit and we were bullshitting about the season so far.

Then I realized half of the pick up game was an actual team. Who wore Lazio kits as their kit (amazing) and the coach is a Viola fan.

I played keeper and defense. Had to chill after about 15 minutes cause my fitness is hosed but I did well enough tactically that he said I could play.

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

So, a lot of clubs have been fined for various things this week. Udinese got a big one for territorial discrimination.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gomez got a muscle injury yesterday, will be out 3 weeks (translated from Fiorentina's medical stuff, equals 2-3 months). Sigh.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 22, 2014

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Gomez got a muscle injury yesterday, will be out 3 weeks (translated from Fiorentina's medical stuff, equals 2-3 months). Sigh.

Incredible.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

gently caress this gay earth

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Christ, Mario just can't catch a break.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Healbot posted:

Christ, Fiorentina just can't catch a break.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
De Rossi has a calf injury, and is likely to miss games against Juve and Manchester City.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Fiorentina are in for a new stadium seating 40k people in the market part of downtown. It'll cost about 300m € but it should do a few things such as make their stadium compliant with UEFA poo poo just in case we get into the CL anytime soon, open more jobs, make it more centrally and easier to be located, and hopefully generate more revenue to the club.

While I feel that 300 could go better towards a squad, after actually being at the Franchi, I can honestly say that either is a fair investment. The Artermio has issues with bathrooms (one per side, which is ridiculous) but it's in great shape still, and isn't too dated.

I really wish that we resolve our injury crisis soon. Hopefully Babacar stands up and goes apeshit over Serie A. Because we are running out of options and I loving knew this was going to happen again.

Maybe we can get Jozy on loan so that we can have a proper Serie A poo poo Show.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

De Rossi has a calf injury, and is likely to miss games against Juve and Manchester City.

Roma are toast against City, Iturbe's out too.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Fiorentina are in for a new stadium seating 40k people in the market part of downtown. It'll cost about 300m € but it should do a few things such as make their stadium compliant with UEFA poo poo just in case we get into the CL anytime soon, open more jobs, make it more centrally and easier to be located, and hopefully generate more revenue to the club.

While I feel that 300 could go better towards a squad, after actually being at the Franchi, I can honestly say that either is a fair investment. The Artermio has issues with bathrooms (one per side, which is ridiculous) but it's in great shape still, and isn't too dated.

I think in general any club that can work on getting their own stadium in Italy should do so. These city owned stadiums are loving everything up and keeping teams back from making the money and providing the entertainment and hospitality nonsense that UEFA wants. It'll also go a long way in addressing security and other issues that plague Serie A. We all want our teams to be made better on the field but I think investing in stadium infrastructure will ultimately lead to that.

In other news, Inzagh is going with Van Ginkel and Torres from the start today. Torres effectively replaces El Sha, who is on the bench, Menez on the left of him and Honda on the right. Van Ginkel will replace Muntari. Best of all though, the defense remains the same as Juve meaning that somebody has finally got it through their thick skull that Bonera is hot garbage.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Gigi Galli posted:

Menez on the left of him and Honda on the right.

~Here I am, stuck watching Milan with you.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Robviously posted:

~Here I am, stuck watching Milan with you.

lmao

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

I think in general any club that can work on getting their own stadium in Italy should do so. These city owned stadiums are loving everything up and keeping teams back from making the money and providing the entertainment and hospitality nonsense that UEFA wants. It'll also go a long way in addressing security and other issues that plague Serie A. We all want our teams to be made better on the field but I think investing in stadium infrastructure will ultimately lead to that.

In other news, Inzagh is going with Van Ginkel and Torres from the start today. Torres effectively replaces El Sha, who is on the bench, Menez on the left of him and Honda on the right. Van Ginkel will replace Muntari. Best of all though, the defense remains the same as Juve meaning that somebody has finally got it through their thick skull that Bonera is hot garbage.

It's also an actual investment. You could spend 300m to get Ronaldo, Vidal and Thiago Silva for what, 2-3 years (between purchase and pay)? Maaaaaybe win a championship or a cup? Then what? Those 300m? *poof*

I would rather they spend those 300m to give:

3000+ new jobs to my hometown
a giant boost to our economy
some returns to my football team that can be reinvested, maybe not in Ronaldo, but it would allow me to keep a Jovetic every year and buy one more, rather than selling a Jovetic a year to buy a replacement.

Also, betting money on Torres scoring today.

E: I hosed up my bet and I bet on Torres being first scorer accidentally. Works too, pays better.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 23, 2014

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I agree, and it would be smart.

The issue I see is that (to me) it seems ambitious of a team that can't make it out of the EL quite yet. Not that they never will it just seems forward. I want the best for Florence, despite not living there or being a local. It's a city close to my heart, and one I've been to a lot.

Hopefully it will go through, and we can actually start making money to get some good players. I'm also excited that it would be so much easier to get to the games. It's like a short walk from the train station if memory serves correctly.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
the level of football in serie a is not the problem. Investing in stadia will probably change the supporter culture over time and since attendances are kinda poo poo that is a good thing

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
really hyped for this season, i feel like the league has so many strong contenders for the top spots that all play entertaining football.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The newspapers lied and Bonera and Muntari are both starting in place of Rami and Poli. C'mon Inzaghi, what the gently caress.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Im pretty loving mad right now, I have never hated Daniele Bonera this much in my entire life.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
muntari was really good in the lazio and parma games i dont think hes completely hopeless yet. Also you have to remember that bonera is the only player left that has a champions league win with milan

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Slaapaav posted:

muntari was really good in the lazio and parma games i dont think hes completely hopeless yet. Also you have to remember that bonera is the only player left that has a champions league win with milan

Abbiati has a CL win from 2003 m8.

Muntari I'm much less mad about, but Bonera can gently caress off.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
lets hope they both retire i am willing to get on the diego lopez train

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Im pretty loving mad right now, I have never hated Daniele Bonera this much in my entire life.

You better hope I'm not your secret Santa this year. :twisted:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

We can blame Bonera for that, no?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Troy Queef posted:

yes he is poo poo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

We can and we will.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Thanks a lot Milan :argh: that's me ripping the bet not even 15 mins in.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

canepazzo posted:

Thanks a lot Milan :argh: that's me ripping the bet not even 15 mins in.

what bet do you have?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Slaapaav posted:

what bet do you have?

He bet Torres to score first.

Im literally fuming, Bonera almost gave up another goal there just ball watching while Zapata and Abbiati had to clean up.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

GD piazza watch incoming.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Woooow

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
holy poo poo bonera

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003