Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Applied to empire squad as "turgidjim"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Applied to showmeyourwoompa as Koshmar

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I've been sick since Saturday so I just got around to updating the OP. Didn't see that SHOWMEYOURWAMPA got created, so now there's three Imperial side squads. If you want in mine shoot an application to UGievScouts and say something about stairs or whatever.

My HQ6 finished building over the weekend, and now in PVP I only run up against other HQ6. People are so stupid, put your storages inside your walls/shields and leave that HQ out. I've gotten 12 hour protection from people just killing my HQ and quitting, all while racking up 50-60k resource raids in return.

TIE Interceptors are poo poo, don't bother.
Veteran AT-AT is hilariously strong but slow as poo poo.
Scout all day every day.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I assume they'll eventually implement some kind of HQ raid dynamic (there are empty inventories) but for now HQ goes outside, next to the squad command, there's usually barely enough to scratch the walls.

Also, walls don't actually do gently caress all but maxing them out early seems to be a great deterrent if nothing else.

Finally, can't believe how many people put mortars at the edge of their base.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

The Mandingo posted:

My HQ6 finished building over the weekend, and now in PVP I only run up against other HQ6. People are so stupid, put your storages inside your walls/shields and leave that HQ out.
I'm only at HQ4 but didn't know this was a good stategy :( Just moved my poo poo around so only my storage is protected! I need to save metal for shield generators now though.

Are rocket turrets any good? Or should I stick with rapid fire and a couple mortar.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Are Rebel vehicles trash, or what? I usually only see one or two AATs or pod walkers in Rebel raids, usually its all loving unkillable Wookies (seriously how do you deal with them?).

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm only at HQ4 but didn't know this was a good stategy :( Just moved my poo poo around so only my storage is protected! I need to save metal for shield generators now though.

Are rocket turrets any good? Or should I stick with rapid fire and a couple mortar.

Rocket turrets wreck vehicles and wookies. My general strategy while attacking is to let my hero unit kill the shields and then turn to kill any nearby mortars, afterwards I unleash the scoutpocalypse. Any rebels that attack me seem to love using wookies and/or vehicles so I have a bunch of rocket turrets to kick their teeth in.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

The Mandingo posted:

scoutpocalypse

Okay I'm doing attacking correctly then :smug:

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
i made a R2D2poor4crystal overflow squad because the 30 member squad cap is loving ridiculous. if anyone objects i'll just disband it

Edit: Abandoned due to unoriginal name and created even more unoriginal new imperial squad, 'That's_No_Goon'

Blackdog420 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 27, 2014

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

The Mandingo posted:

I've been sick since Saturday so I just got around to updating the OP. Didn't see that SHOWMEYOURWAMPA got created, so now there's three Imperial side squads. If you want in mine shoot an application to UGievScouts and say something about stairs or whatever.

My HQ6 finished building over the weekend, and now in PVP I only run up against other HQ6. People are so stupid, put your storages inside your walls/shields and leave that HQ out. I've gotten 12 hour protection from people just killing my HQ and quitting, all while racking up 50-60k resource raids in return.

TIE Interceptors are poo poo, don't bother.
Veteran AT-AT is hilariously strong but slow as poo poo.
Scout all day every day.
I feel like I'm doing something wrong because Scouts don't usually do enough damage to get a star so that I keep the loot if I just go all-out-scout. The best I usually do is run 80-90% Dark Troopers which almost always gets me the full amount of resources on a raid.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
I've got two days of newbie protection left but I'm really antsy to start raiding. Is it worth it to just end it early? I'm in like mission 3-2 or something right now.

Also, I take it that people successfully "defend" if their HQ isn't destroyed? Vice versa for successfully attacking? So you get medals for that? Are they simply cosmetic?

Also I moved all my crap into a corner like the top players in the ranking. Is this stupid or what?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lazy_Liberal posted:

I've got two days of newbie protection left but I'm really antsy to start raiding. Is it worth it to just end it early? I'm in like mission 3-2 or something right now.

Also, I take it that people successfully "defend" if their HQ isn't destroyed? Vice versa for successfully attacking? So you get medals for that? Are they simply cosmetic?

Also I moved all my crap into a corner like the top players in the ranking. Is this stupid or what?

Assuming the medal system is similar to Clash of Clans

1 Medal for Destorying the HQ
1 Medal for Destroying 50% of all the buildings
1 Medal for 100% for a total combined 3 medals.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Korak posted:

I feel like I'm doing something wrong because Scouts don't usually do enough damage to get a star so that I keep the loot if I just go all-out-scout. The best I usually do is run 80-90% Dark Troopers which almost always gets me the full amount of resources on a raid.

What are you talking about? If you don't get a star you keep the resources you loot, you just lose trophies/medals.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

just sent a request off to r2d2poor. 2nd poop game to go with CoC

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
Sent an application to R2D2Poor4Crystal as it said it was at 29/30, but I will just apply to an overflow if it's full, no problem.

Is it really a good idea to not protect my HQ behind my walls/shields? This is defying my RTS logic where you should protect your town centre.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Is it really a good idea to not protect my HQ behind my walls/shields? This is defying my RTS logic where you should protect your town centre.

Yes. If an enemy only kills your HQ they get 1000/1000 resources and you get a protection shield. If you put your Alloy/credit depots outside your base they can steal all your poo poo.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

The Mandingo posted:

Rocket turrets wreck vehicles and wookies. My general strategy while attacking is to let my hero unit kill the shields and then turn to kill any nearby mortars, afterwards I unleash the scoutpocalypse. Any rebels that attack me seem to love using wookies and/or vehicles so I have a bunch of rocket turrets to kick their teeth in.

I find burst turrets do better vs wookies, but I havent done extensive testing.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

The Mandingo posted:

Yes. If an enemy only kills your HQ they get 1000/1000 resources and you get a protection shield. If you put your Alloy/credit depots outside your base they can steal all your poo poo.

Sweet, okay. I just hit HQ 4 today, but this is what my base looks like now.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
So can you attack from the edges? It sort of seems like you cant, meaning putting your base in a corner is a good idea

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I had the wrong item bug, but it was a row of 10 or so rebel walls from a mission I had just finished. the game crashed when I tried to add them to mine. When I came back my shield generator was roughly where it was.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Stereotype posted:

So can you attack from the edges? It sort of seems like you cant, meaning putting your base in a corner is a good idea

You can drop infantry there even if the buildings are at the edges, which is dumb as gently caress. It seems to block the placement of vehicles though. So you can put anti-infantry stuff towards the back and vehicle stuff towards the front where they can deploy. That's how I do it, anyhow.

Edit: As I train my first AT-AT, I prepare myself for the cries of Rebel scum as they are trampled underfoot. :getin:

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 24, 2014

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

is there an open imperial spot in a squad?

tacoman165
Feb 9, 2005
Applied to R2D2Poor4Crystals as Woodgrain

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Why can't shield generators be rotated?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

For other new people, I completely suggest starting to raid asap instead of waiting three unbearable days under protection. I rolled up on some dude with 40 stormtroopers and decimated everything and it felt so good.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Once you get some kind of hero start raiding like a boss.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Raid early and raid often. I still run scouts and hero at-at. I'll drop him if I need to pop shields and use ties if I need to take out a missile turret. Scouts are incredibly efficient. I still think the collectors are broken in this game or super lovely compare with CoC collectors. They are usually never worth attacking alone and you need to hit the storages.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Can you get enough crystal from the campaign rewards and clearing the debris to get a 3rd droid? That'd widen the timer bottleneck significantly.

Also I can't chat in squad (maybe a SwiftKey thing), sorry about the vanilla messages. I'm pretty sure Donate gets blanked out after sending 4 troops to a single player. That's the limit.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

hoiyes posted:

Can you get enough crystal from the campaign rewards and clearing the debris to get a 3rd droid? That'd widen the timer bottleneck significantly.

Also I can't chat in squad (maybe a SwiftKey thing), sorry about the vanilla messages. I'm pretty sure Donate gets blanked out after sending 4 troops to a single player. That's the limit.

Others in the thread have said that you get enough from the missions and clearing debris to get a new droid. I'm up to like 412 myself and I'm in Chapter 5 of the missions.

Also great job defending your base earlier! I didn't know you could share battles like that!

Oh, also, swiping on the keyboard doesn't work for me on my nexus 4, but I can at least click the chat box to get the keyboard to move out of the way like some folks.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
SwiftKey broken, use default Android keyboard.

I built my first vehicle depot. There is some strange meta going on considering the existing state of the game. Anti-vehicle vehicles? Anti-infantry vehicles?

While it would be quaint to request anti-vehicle tanks just to watch attacking AT-ATs crumble, it will make for interesting guild wars (if implemented).

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
Johnny Pangloss applied to ugievscout

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

hoiyes posted:

I assume they'll eventually implement some kind of HQ raid dynamic (there are empty inventories) but for now HQ goes outside, next to the squad command, there's usually barely enough to scratch the walls.

The inventory stores everything you buy in the campaign store or whatever it's called, when they have the limited time campaigns

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Lazy_Liberal posted:

For other new people, I completely suggest starting to raid asap instead of waiting three unbearable days under protection. I rolled up on some dude with 40 stormtroopers and decimated everything and it felt so good.

As soon as you get out of the tutorial start raiding. 6 stormtroopers will beat any base until you hit TH3.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Basically it seems like defense is a joke.. at least at the current HQ levl I'm 3or4 for me.. I can pretty much destroy anyone I go after with some well placed troops.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

tater_salad posted:

Basically it seems like defense is a joke.. at least at the current HQ levl I'm 3or4 for me.. I can pretty much destroy anyone I go after with some well placed troops.

Max your turrets and concentrate them around your vaults. I saw off few full strength attacks including hero Han with little loss in level 3. Just hit level 4 though and had my base levelled by a lvl 4 chewie. Can you even stop that guy?

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

hoiyes posted:

Max your turrets and concentrate them around your vaults. I saw off few full strength attacks including hero Han with little loss in level 3. Just hit level 4 though and had my base levelled by a lvl 4 chewie. Can you even stop that guy?

As far as I can tell no, both chewie and the AT-ST hero are impossible to stop at TH4, if the attacker is willing to use a few troops to distract the missile turrets at the right time.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Oi, let me into ShowmeyourWOMPA.

(I don't actually know if the requests are sending because jesus the squad interface is poo poo)

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Chewbacca is an amazing asset and will level all turrets.. I think missiles are the only answer to make chewbacca turn into a warm pelt for your stormtroopers.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
What would you consider a good haul? Having a hard time finding anyone with more than 4k of each resource.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

At early levels I"ve pretty much been using attacks as a way to turn Credits into alloy. I"v ehad some revenge attacks at higher levels where I've pulled 10-20k, but usually get tired of hitting next.

I will attack if the gold is around my troop cost (My troop cost) and alloy is 4k+

• Locked thread