Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Nice Rivals.com pun. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

St. Louisgod Shartinals

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Widestancer posted:

St. Louisgod Shartinals

:stonkhat:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Fellis posted:

My two roommates in college who were avid football fans were a browns fan and ravens fan. Steeler hate is just learned behavior after hearing it for 3 years

A long time ago i made a promise that if the Browns are ever in the super bowl then i will unconditionally and unwaveringly root for them no matter who it is against.

i'm still waiting for my chance to honor it...... maybe i'll wait for ever

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

A long time ago i made a promise that if the Browns are ever in the super bowl then i will unconditionally and unwaveringly root for them no matter who it is against.

The shittiest football team is simply called the Browns.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

No Such Thing posted:

The football team is simply called the Browns.

Ftfy

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

lesbian baphomet posted:

I'm convinced it's harder for them to recruit because they have the least sexy name ever. Even worse than the dolphins

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No Such Thing posted:

The shittiest football team is simply called the Browns.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

:agreed:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The browns are funny because they are basically never the worst team in any given year, but still are consistently bad. They're bad in all the least exciting ways and I really appreciate that.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Bills and the Browns always find a way to be bottom 10 but never bad enough to get the best two picks. As a result, they often whiff on scouting talent because the can't miss guys are already gone and as awful teams they aren't able to get anybody who knows the difference between a bust and a real prospect.

The NFCE will never have this problem, and you'll get to watch that in prime time every week.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

The browns are funny because they are basically never the worst team in any given year, but still are consistently bad. They're bad in all the least exciting ways and I really appreciate that.

The browns are funny to me because everyone involved with them has been terminally corrupt/incompetent and every year they come back after firing tons of people say 'ok I think we got it this time' but they never do.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bills, bitch.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Browns decided to fire their head coach last year because the team showed real progress.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

zen death robot posted:

The Detroit Lions are so bad that everyone forgets they even exist

It's true, i did

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

zen death robot posted:

Except in Detroit, where we wish we could.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

zen death robot posted:

Did you know there's a football team called the Titans?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

zen death robot posted:

Barry Sanders wishes he could too

The many fine sports teams of Detroit: the Tigers, the Wings, the Pistons, the Shock *frantically wikis*, the, uh, Detroit City Football Club, and the Lions

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

lesbian baphomet posted:

It's true, i did

Me too actually

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I remember the glory days of my youth, when the Eagles would consistantly be the NFCE champs and just choke terribly in the quarterfinals like 6-7 years in a row goddamn

How are they doing lately diqnol? Is chip kelly still a devo andy reid?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Also fronz, i didn't know you were a sports fan

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

He's a casul.

All the Eagles do is win. Superbowl bound, bitch.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I really wish there was some VGCW equivalent for football. I'd love to see a squad full of nintendo fuckers square off against a bunch of obscure Sonic characters

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

anime gently caress pillow posted:

He's a casul.

All the Eagles do is win. Superbowl bound, bitch.

Eh so am I. Maybe i should actually follow the season this year.

I'm also glad discussion has turned to the one true sport (hockey fans also ok)

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Fellis posted:

Also fronz, i didn't know you were a sports fan

I have an Eagles blanket, on my bed, and I sleep under it every night.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Philthy

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Eagles are an unstoppable, undefeated football juggernaut.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

anime gently caress pillow posted:

The Eagles are an unstoppable, undefeated football juggernaut.

This is why I feel safe when sleeping under my Eagles blanket.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Schnedwob posted:

I really wish there was some VGCW equivalent for football. I'd love to see a squad full of nintendo fuckers square off against a bunch of obscure Sonic characters

This would be awesome. go ahead and blame ea for making sure no games in the genre can be made with even the smallest amount f humor.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

zen death robot posted:

Their airport was quite possible one of the dirtiest in the US, which is an accomplishment since all airports are kind of disgusting

The trash you find at the airport is dismembered husks of teams that the Eagles have defeated.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Nick Foles actually is bad

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Mick Foley, however, is good

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Eagles are going to beat the Cincinnati Bengals in the Superbowl.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

On second though, even though wrestling might count as a sport, it probably doesn't count as a game. even despite the motorhead song "The Game" which declared as triple H entered that it was time to play the game

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

PantsBandit posted:

This would be awesome. go ahead and blame ea for making sure no games in the genre can be made with even the smallest amount f humor.

I was already blaming EA by default, so this works out well

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Advertisements in American Sports. Discuss.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Advertisements in American Sports. Discuss.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Redzone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Every year when I watch the NBA playoffs or the Super Bowl I always chuckle at them not being able to literally go a quarter without inserting like 5 ad breaks.

• Locked thread