Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hahaha instead of Rocker using the baseball thing as a bond, he wants to boot the kid and thinks somehow ??? that will keep the secret from getting out... and the kid who can't count won't just, you know, announce it on his way out or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Sometimes it amazes me that people can recognize pro athletes even years after they retire. I watch nearly every Stl Cardinals game every year but I would probably have a hard time recognizing most players if I saw them walking down the street. Guess I'm just really bad at faces.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I once again find myself asking the question I ask every season. Why does the celebrity always lie and backstab to maintain his secret identity even though he has no idea who knows it and it just breeds mistrust? Just stand up and say "Hi, I'm a millionaire professional athlete. I'm a competitor, I'm used to hard work and pain, and I know how to work with a team. And no one will want to give me a million dollars so keep me around."

xbilkis posted:

Did John say his last name is Wetteland? As in, John Wetteland, another professional baseball relief pitcher??

Oh good, I thought I was hearing things.

And not just another relief pitcher but one who played in the exact same time period against him. So I'd you know who John Rocker is you know who John Wettlend is.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 25, 2014

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh, the scorpions would really freak me out.

edit - Which is weird because spiders wouldn't bother me.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

What is this guy saying? What's wrong with his dad?

Toaster Ding
Apr 30, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I once again find myself asking the question I ask every season. Why does the celebrity always lie and backstab to maintain his secret identity even though he has no idea who knows it and it just breeds mistrust? Just stand up and say "Hi, I'm a millionaire professional athlete. I'm a competitor, I'm used to hard work and pain, and I know how to work with a team. And no one will want to give me a million dollars so keep me around."

Oh good, I thought I was hearing things.

People don't always play for the end game on day one. They've absolutely targeted the rich guys first in the past, it makes for an easy first boot that no one feels bad about and you can put off arguing for another week.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

STAC Goat posted:

Jimmy Johnson was upfront and it ultimately wound up being the reason he was ousted.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

blue squares posted:

If this was a Gordon Ramsey show he'd be saying that the producers have selected him to win the whole thing.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

blue squares posted:

"My dad is dying of an incurable brain tumor, so I decided to spend what little time he has left on this island."

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

DurosKlav posted:

If this was a Gordon Ramsey show he'd be saying that the producers have selected him to win the whole thing.

Well it's no, so...?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

BaronVonVaderham posted:

"My dad is dying of an incurable brain tumor, so I decided to spend what little time he has left on this island."

drat. I guess he must have had his dad's blessing, but that would be tough. I don't think I would go, but I can't say when I haven't been in such a situation

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Holy poo poo, one of them under that obstacle ran on all fours faster than many dogs.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ghostpilot posted:

Jimmy Johnson was upfront and it ultimately wound up being the reason he was ousted.

True. But he was also an old man and one of the physically weakest people on his tribe. He also was a natural leader and people wanted him out so they could lead. I feel like if you say "I'm a workhorse goat and I just want to blend in and help" it should buy you a few tribals. Then you need more game.

I mean, yeah, it's got its downside but really the protecting your secret identity makes no sense to me considering for all Rocker knows half the tribe knows who he is but aren't saying anything.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ghostpilot posted:

Holy poo poo, one of them under that obstacle ran on all fours faster than many dogs.

I saw that too! It was like a horror movie monster!

Its the dude in blue with a head band. One of the gay couple?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Great challenge.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Goodbye 50% of the black cast

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

blue squares posted:

Goodbye 50% of the black cast

A sad Survivor tradition.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

True. But he was also an old man and one of the physically weakest people on his tribe. He also was a natural leader and people wanted him out so they could lead. I feel like if you say "I'm a workhorse goat and I just want to blend in and help" it should buy you a few tribals. Then you need more game.

I mean, yeah, it's got its downside but really the protecting your secret identity makes no sense to me considering for all Rocker knows half the tribe knows who he is but aren't saying anything.
I agree with STAC Goat.

But Cliff Robinson was honest and I think it hurt him with Tony and some people.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, why was that troll putting on makeup on the BB commercial?

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Oh geez Victoria...

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected
Well I guess she doesn't really need to practice a speech anyway

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Holy poo poo, why was that troll putting on makeup on the BB commercial?

I haven't watched the season, but her resemblance to a troll doll was uncanny.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

I agree with STAC Goat.

But Cliff Robinson was honest and I think it hurt him with Tony and some people.

Its definitely a crapshoot depending on who is in your tribe and how things go. But I just don't see the logic in willfully lying after you've already been busted once. Even if no one else knows that one guy can blow up your entire game. Its one thing of you can maintain the secret but once its loose just come clean and do damage control.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

A bunch of white men deciding which minority woman to kick off the show.

Just kidding.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

All these women counting their gays before they hatch.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The four women have decided that they are in control of the 9 person alliance.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"I feel like I can talk to you like a girl!" :j:

Nadiya, really? As far as things to say to a gay guy, that's near the top of the list.

blue squares posted:

It's the beautiful people alliance all over again!

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"That much closer to the 500k, baby!"

Wasn't the prize for Big Brother originally a million?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

When the all-girls alliance was brought up, my stepdaughter and I looked at each other and said "Joey", who for those that didn't watch, suggested the same on this season of Big Brother and was promptly booted.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

blue squares posted:

They have a gay.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ghostpilot posted:

"That much closer to the 500k, baby!"

Wasn't the prize for Big Brother originally a million?

I get the sense BB is Survivor and Amazing Race's little sister who gets all the second hand stuff. Julie Chen said in an interview the other day that if they ever get moved to the Fall season they can up the prize to a million but as long as they're on in the summer that's all they can afford.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

What exactly is that accent the twins have?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

They have way better challenge designers though

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

What exactly is that accent the twins have?

Sri Lanken

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

"Time to explore, find things." gently caress, the black couple suck at this game. Now everyone suspects she has an idol.

sorry for 3 posts in a row

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

John Rocker's face resembles that of long-deceased brother, and it's kinda messing with my head. I know he's a jerk, but I kinda want to root for him.

Edit: Oh my god, Nadiya! :doh:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Good play by the redneck kid (sorry I don't know your name) at making Josh feel like one of the guys. Then Nadia says that dumb poo poo

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

Good play by the redneck kid (sorry I don't know your name) at making Josh feel like one of the guys. Then Nadia says that dumb poo poo

He has the most un-redneck name of Wes.

Toaster Ding
Apr 30, 2006

Lmao, be incredibly homophobic and offensive to the only person who can save you, brilliant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ahh! Thank you! That's why it was bugging me so much. A couple of months ago I got stuck entertaining a very talkative Sri Lanken bridesmaid at a very boring wedding. It sounded weirdly familiar but I couldn't place it.

• Locked thread