Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Cold on a Cob posted:

In 2007, a little over a month before the iPhone was scheduled to appear in stores, Mr. Jobs beckoned a handful of lieutenants into an office. For weeks, he had been carrying a prototype of the device in his pocket.

Mr. Jobs angrily held up his iPhone, angling it so everyone could see the dozens of tiny scratches marring its plastic screen, according to someone who attended the meeting. He then pulled his keys from his jeans.

People will carry this phone in their pocket, he said. People also carry their keys in their pocket. “I won’t sell a product that gets scratched,” he said tensely. The only solution was using unscratchable glass instead. “I want a glass screen, and I want it perfect in six weeks.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

wait i was reading the apple rumors thread how the gently caress did the empty quote get here

poty
Jun 21, 2008

oh

ohhhhhhhhhh

poty
Jun 21, 2008

someone there quoted a post from here

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

This is a good link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr-lEnPwzAw

summary: If you bend other phones with the same force they return to their original shape because other metals/plastics are more elastic than aluminum. The older iphones didn't bend as much under similar force so it wasn't a big deal before.

ShadowHawk fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 25, 2014

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

suffix posted:

it's a memory phone

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

r o f l

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

saucepanman posted:

i cant tell if this is an android screenshot or not

not from this distance your honour

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

haha look at these multinational corporations hate on this multinational! lmao just lmao

take my money

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Millstone posted:

not from this distance your honour

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

ShadowHawk posted:

summary: If you bend other phones with the same force they return to their original shape because other metals/plastics are more elastic than aluminum.

I dunno whether to be amused at haters spreading this as a disingenuous "revelation" or concerned that there are idiot babbies out there who literally didn't understand this before putting sitting on a $1000 piece of aluminum

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/25/6844943/apple-says-iphone-bending-extremely-rare

lmao

the verge posted:

A total of nine customers have complained so far

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

suffix posted:

it's a memory phone

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6542777?_ga=1.242663234.1552599585.1411668881

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

quote:

Apple says

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

what the gently caress

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

sit on a flat surface for ten seconds to return your phone to factory settings

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

sry mister fister

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Postmaster GBS posted:

sry mister fister

don't engage mr fister

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

graph posted:

don't engage mr fister

Engage me all day long baby

poty
Jun 21, 2008

what

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

what the gently caress

i have no idea, it's from the grey forum here

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

im the large black square

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

no wait. I'm clown phone

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

this is what i said ffs

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pissflaps posted:

this is what i said ffs

yeah but you didnt make a chart, sooo

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Vintersorg posted:

yeah but you didnt make a chart, sooo

i drew a chart with my words

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

yeah but there were two charts which is like 2k word

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

pissflaps,

I found your chart to be more than adequate

thank

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

Pissflaps posted:

but you see i am a total autist who can only understand things in chart form,

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

ShadowHawk posted:

This is a good link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr-lEnPwzAw

summary: If you bend other phones with the same force they return to their original shape because other metals/plastics are more elastic than aluminum. The older iphones didn't bend as much under similar force so it wasn't a big deal before.

they go through all this trouble to be more scientific than the dude using his hands and in the end they don't in any way quantify or even give a good closeup of the permanent deformation. actually it doesn't look very bent in the end so either bendghazi is as overblown as its namesake or the auto-bending machine doesn't fully recreate real-world stresses

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Stymie posted:

drat

when lg be stylin on you

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

Cold on a Cob posted:

In 2007, a little over a month before the iPhone was scheduled to appear in stores, Mr. Jobs beckoned a handful of lieutenants into an office. For weeks, he had been carrying a prototype of the device in his pocket.

Mr. Jobs angrily held up his iPhone, angling it so everyone could see the dozens of tiny scratches marring its plastic screen, according to someone who attended the meeting. He then pulled his keys from his jeans.

People will carry this phone in their pocket, he said. People also carry their keys in their pocket. “I won’t sell a product that gets scratched,” he said tensely. The only solution was using unscratchable glass instead. “I want a glass screen, and I want it perfect in six weeks.”

where was this attitude when the ipod first came out

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

tractor fanatic posted:

where was this attitude when the ipod first came out

there's that apocryphal story about steve complaining it was too big and the engineers saying the couldn't make it any smaller so he threw it in a fish tank and bubbles came out so that meant there was room inside

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

that goes in your butt, not your pocket

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

apocryphal

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Internaut! posted:

I dunno whether to be amused at haters spreading this as a disingenuous "revelation" or concerned that there are idiot babbies out there who literally didn't understand this before putting sitting on a $1000 piece of aluminum

IT SUX PAL. THIS PHONE IS A REAL POS

YOSPOS BITCH

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

after seeing the way humans have bred dogs to be loving mutants ill never own one

cats for life

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Internaut! posted:

yeah it's weird how people think they can treat their new iphone like their old iphone, what a bunch of dumbasses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

check this out:

100 years of breed "improvement"

http://imgur.com/gallery/YxodC

• Locked thread