Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"

Post 9-11 User posted:

Most of these were probably posted before, but have a loving spoonful of man:

Back when the Emperor had his say and commanded his fighting armies to be equipped with body armor and pressurized suits. Long before the bean counters said, "gently caress that, let's just put shirts on them, poo poo them into battle, and keep the leftover funds for our Rejuvenant treatments, ha ha ha!"

Without the turret on top, this looks much more battle-tractor like than the current Leman Russ tanks. I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I love the welder-style masks they're wearing. Makes them look like they could be bad guys from Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Those look fantastic. It'll be super fun to run those against the Imperial Guard.

The problem with 30k is that, due to the gorgeous models, my humble Iron Warrior detachment has turned into an entire expeditionary force :psyduck:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think I've said it before, but I love those flanged gauntlets. They have to be the worst bitch to get on though. I hope they tighten the studs in the correct order. :ohdear:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I can feel my money flying out of my bank account right this very moment

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
drat you, FW, drat you

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
Finally finished some guys I'd been stalling on.

This is a Primaris Psyker, who brings the jungle foliage to life to fight the enemy. He plays in a 500pt allied list with my tree daemons. I may eventually make a unit of jungle skeletons so he can resurrect the dead, too (by summoning daemons).

Here's the Daemons, though I've posted them before. Play as Daemonettes and a Daemon Prince. I'll eventually make another tree as a Greater Daemon.

And here's some assorted Guardsmen. Most of them are crew for my "spotter tower" Earthshaker battery, but I just made the guy with the heavy stubber to look cool. I'll run him as a heavy flamer, assuming he's just hosing bullets at point-blank range.

And here's the spotter tower, for those who haven't seen it. It plays as an Earthshaker artillery piece, and the S9 AP3 shots count as detonating booby traps. I need to touch it up with more weathering and add camo designs to the fabric.

The guy with the binoculars can stand up in the tower.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
So what exactly are the Solar Auxilia going to do? The 30k legions already do armor spam and I'm drawing a blank on what else they could really do.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Armor spam-er

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

So is is kosher on the tournament scene to switch which of your HQs are the Warlord between games, or is that something that really has to remain the same game to game?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It should be written on your army list.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Pity.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Logistically, this makes sense. It prevents people claiming 'No THIS Nob was my warlord, you don't get the points!'

Which, while a sucky thing to do, is totally something grogs would try and get away with.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Eh, I mean as long as you clearly declare which it is at the start of the game, I think it could be fun and open up to more options depending on what you're up against.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

So what exactly are the Solar Auxilia going to do? The 30k legions already do armor spam and I'm drawing a blank on what else they could really do.

I'm guessing cheap good infantry with poor leadership with good flexibility. No other 30k army really has that. It's either really cheap, really expensive, or really specialized.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm guessing cheap good infantry with poor leadership with good flexibility. No other 30k army really has that. It's either really cheap, really expensive, or really specialized.

Probably with a mix of what we usually think of as Space Marine toys as well. Existing lore states that Rhinos and Land Raiders were used by all Imperial military forces during 30k and were only restricted to Space Marines after the Heresy.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Flamer knight is up
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/A/Acheron.pdf
Rerolling 1's on the D chart is conveniant.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Hencoe posted:

Flamer knight is up

Not seeing Torrent on the flamer is somewhat disappointing.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

BuffaloChicken posted:

I may eventually make a unit of jungle skeletons so he can resurrect the dead, too (by summoning daemons).
You have to do jungle skeletons, those'll be so drat cool. Everything here rules by the way, even the mad hobo psyker.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

koreban posted:

Not seeing Torrent on the flamer is somewhat disappointing.

torrent on a hellstorm template? that'd be brutal...

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Cataphract posted:

torrent on a hellstorm template? that'd be brutal...

Oh poo poo, I didn't see that part. Yeah, with hellstorm, it makes sense. I was picturing a standard template and thinking that they got put off by 6th ed helldrake baleflame cannon memories.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Playing with this army must bring back all sorts of wonderful memories of playing with action figures when you were a kid. Fantastic stuff!

Edit...

Torrent on a Hellstorm template? Eldar sonic lance. Combine it with a scatter laser on a Lynx and you're wounding all infantry on a rerollable 3+ and rolling 4d6 and taking the highest 3 for armour penetration (with failed penetration rolls being rerolled).

Germ fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 26, 2014

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
What do you get when you try to make an AoP display board with no real knowledge of making one? Crap mostly, maybe some points for trying.

I was tempted to just show up with 2 square feet of cardboard, but that's a bit low effort even for me.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think that looks perfectly fine and for whatever reason really accents the army colour scheme.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Hencoe posted:

Flamer knight is up

Man, that's super-nasty. AP3 Hellstorm on something as fast as a Knight is just absolutely brutal, and the fact that it still gets a HB to back it up (for charging whatever target it wants) AND has a bonus attack plus a better-than-standard melee weapon makes it into a real tough customer. The 40pts extra isn't trivial, but in a 1750 Knights list I'd absolutely look at running one.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

AbusePuppy posted:

Man, that's super-nasty. AP3 Hellstorm on something as fast as a Knight is just absolutely brutal, and the fact that it still gets a HB to back it up (for charging whatever target it wants) AND has a bonus attack plus a better-than-standard melee weapon makes it into a real tough customer. The 40pts extra isn't trivial, but in a 1750 Knights list I'd absolutely look at running one.

Is it me or with all the options now are knights sort of turning into an end-all-be-all set of units? I don't see much that can reliably threaten an adamantium lance when you look at all the knight options now. It wasn't so bad when it was the knight paladin and errant with the choice between the melta cannon or blast cannon and the D-strength close combat weapon, but the new models' versatility is getting to where next GT is just going to be mechwarrior with skulls.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Hollismason posted:

I think that looks perfectly fine and for whatever reason really accents the army colour scheme.

Yeah, I think it's because the bright green flock goes well with the really bright classic Alaitoc colors.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Wooh, scenery! Still a long way to go but these tiles are a lot of fun to paint (so far).

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

koreban posted:

Is it me or with all the options now are knights sort of turning into an end-all-be-all set of units? I don't see much that can reliably threaten an adamantium lance when you look at all the knight options now. It wasn't so bad when it was the knight paladin and errant with the choice between the melta cannon or blast cannon and the D-strength close combat weapon, but the new models' versatility is getting to where next GT is just going to be mechwarrior with skulls.

I thought these variants couldnt be taken in the Adamantium lance?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I think AL is only Errants/Paladins.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

koreban posted:

this actually sounds rad though?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Not Warhammer related, but Oh. My. God. I want this so hard.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=270&enmi=Star%20Wars:%20Armada

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The lancer sure is looking worse and worse these days :(

Cythereal posted:

Probably with a mix of what we usually think of as Space Marine toys as well. Existing lore states that Rhinos and Land Raiders were used by all Imperial military forces during 30k and were only restricted to Space Marines after the Heresy.

They also have fluff about wheeled transports, ligher than Chimeras, which I am excited to see!

e:

Micro machines are cool

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 26, 2014

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

the dogfighting never interested me but this looks cool!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Finished painting up the Whirlwind/Hunter/Stalker. It's different enough from a regular Whirlwind that I think people will buy it as an anti-air vehicle:

And here's everything I've painted this month - it's been productive!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
The back of the turret is very...plain. It looks like it could use a little something, like a small hatch or even just some symbols/markings.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

SRM posted:

And here's everything I've painted this month - it's been productive!
The combined forces look great together, and I'll never stop being pumped to see that Librarian all gussied up. Love the retro Whirlwind, especially the fact that the whole big launcher is red.

Made more progress on my brother's Squiggoth. It needs some smoothing out, some pebbly skin texture added with liquid greenstuff, some more ornaments and trophies, etc. but I'm real happy with how it's coming along. Used a super old retro Ork with a modern head to make Kaptin Squig up on top.

Hope to have completed photos soon, and my brother's painted product shortly after.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Slimnoid posted:

The back of the turret is very...plain. It looks like it could use a little something, like a small hatch or even just some symbols/markings.

"STAND CLEAR BY ORDER OF THE DEPARTMENTO MUNITORUM AND ADEPTUS MECHANICUS JOINT SAFETY COUNCIL"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Whirlwinds should have just got a third option for anti air stuff instead of that stupid stalker crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Slimnoid posted:

Yeah, I realized as I was taking pictures that there's absolutely nothing going on back there. Probably should've put the Imperial Aquila decal on that instead of the rear of the vehicle.

BuffaloChicken posted:

The combined forces look great together, and I'll never stop being pumped to see that Librarian all gussied up. Love the retro Whirlwind, especially the fact that the whole big launcher is red.

Made more progress on my brother's Squiggoth. It needs some smoothing out, some pebbly skin texture added with liquid greenstuff, some more ornaments and trophies, etc. but I'm real happy with how it's coming along. Used a super old retro Ork with a modern head to make Kaptin Squig up on top.

Hope to have completed photos soon, and my brother's painted product shortly after.
Thanks man! Also that Squiggoth is looking neat so far. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like completed. I also dig the mostly retro Ork driving it.

LingcodKilla posted:

Whirlwinds should have just got a third option for anti air stuff instead of that stupid stalker crap.
I agree wholeheartedly. They already look like anti-air units, and the Land Raider with an AA missile launcher just looks like a Whirlwind launcher anyway. Forgeworld has theirs which is neat though.

• Locked thread