Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
It's been 29 years. I was 13 when they won it all, only 4 years older than my daughter is now.

I have no words.

Royals win. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

AlliedBiscuit posted:

It's amazing how much the cardinals hitting sucks compared to last year. How theyve done this well I have no damned idea.

They're going to blow the division then win it all, aren't they?

Hopefully; they were wild cards in 2011 so maybe they'll be better off

(this is what I'm going to keep telling myself in case the Cards poo poo the bed this weekend)

edit - for some reason I forgot they actually won the division in 2006 with 83 wins and weren't wild cards, holy poo poo the Central was so bad that year

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

Carlton Banks posted:

(this is what I'm going to keep telling myself in case the Cards poo poo the bed this weekend)

edit - for some reason I forgot they actually won the division in 2006 with 83 wins and weren't wild cards, holy poo poo the Central was so bad that year

They were also wild cards in 2012

:getin:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Well, at least the Giants got something out of all that.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Hahaha cards announcer openly saying matheny is a dope for trying to stretch out Wacha instead of trying to win

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Also, if the cards really poo poo the bed the giants have tiebreaker and would host.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Carlton Banks posted:

Over 100 wins in 04 and 05, and unable to win it all. 97 last year, unable to do it. Probably would have won it all in 2012 off the second wildcard if not for Barry Zitos pact with Satan/even year bullshit. Maybe i want them to go to the play-in game now :getin:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

Therapist posted:

Wow I'm embarrassed for engaging earlier. Straight troll, right?

Nope. A troll wouldn't have made a 80-year-old reference worthy of a Trivia Night question. I'm just in a funny mood tonight.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Over 100 wins in 04 and 05, and unable to win it all. 97 last year, unable to do it. Probably would have won it all in 2012 off the second wildcard if not for Barry Zitos pact with Satan/even year bullshit. Maybe i want them to go to the play-in game now :getin:

I too would like the Wild Card game to be against the Cardinals.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Exodor posted:

It's been 29 years. I was 13 when they won it all, only 4 years older than my daughter is now.

I have no words.

Royals win. :toot:

Unless some freak accident happens and the mariners pull off a wild card tie, I will be rooting for KC all the way baby

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Three hits. Zero runs.

So frustrating.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
:woop:

SO CLOSE to a grand slam, gently caress

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

So I jus e'aim at e'heart of San Luis fan e'pull e'treeger? Hokay.
:suicide:

tarlibone posted:

Nope. A troll wouldn't have made a 80-year-old reference worthy of a Trivia Night question. I'm just in a funny mood tonight.

You win, your references are sick. Sorry to jump to conclusions friend.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

FairGame posted:

Three hits. Zero runs.

So frustrating.

Thank you NOt Pete Kozma

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Oh hey there are the cardinal bats

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

loving Trevor Cahill.

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

Carlton Banks posted:

:woop:

SO CLOSE to a grand slam, gently caress

Good enough for now!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe
Ladies and gentlemen, Jhonny Peralta.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I'm shocked that stayed in. Ball was murdered.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
Stop buffering, MLBTV, dammit. I saw the score change on the app minutes before it actually happened. Anyway, :woop:

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Oh Jesus why is Wacha in

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
C'mon DBacks, use those bats to play Wacha-mole.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

Caseman posted:

Oh Jesus why is Wacha in

Camera zooms in on Matheny, picking his nose

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

Caseman posted:

Oh Jesus why is Wacha in

Let's let the guy get a hit first...then we'll think about it.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe
And, facing 1 batter in the 6th, they take Wacha out.

All in all, not a bad outing for a guy rehabbing from an injury. 5.0 IP, 2 ER, drops his post-injury ERA to 5.40.

I guess the gambit kind-of worked out tonight. No doubt, Matheny thinks himself something of a genius.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I was 8 months old.

Now I am 29.

GO ROYALS

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Why does randy choate ever face righties? He is hilarious vs. LHB

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Hahaha choate has an opposing OPS of like .360 vs lefties this season. And .930 vs righties.

His ERA is terrible because he still faces righties a lot.

Because holy poo poo matheny is dumb.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

:bunt:

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Matheny loves giving away outs with bourjos, who isn't even good at bunting.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

FairGame posted:

Matheny loves giving away outs with bourjos, who isn't even good at bunting.

Maybe he's like me and bunts all the time with Bourjos in MLB 14 since it's pretty much a guaranteed hit thanks to his speed, and mistakenly thinks it works like that in real life

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

What is even happening at this point this is a really embarrassing AB

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
Go M's.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

The Diamondback's bullpen is terrible and they should feel bad.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

haha Dbacks

Just gonna launch this ball into CF for no reason, don't mind me

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe
Wait, what just happened? Why are there two runners on and no outs? Wasn't a sac bunt being called there?

(And does anyone else hold their breath anytime there's a move toward any base occupied by Kolten Wong?)

... holy crap, a team is going off the rails, and it's not the Cardinals!

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

I... Okay
Am I on drugs now? Who even picks off at second

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

I really hate pick off attempts to second.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

Serious number achieved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe
Didn't they alter the rules regarding pickoff moves to 2nd base or something? Like, they changed the rules so a certain type of move would now be considered a balk?

I know it's got nothing to do with throwing the ball into center field, but it seems like something there did change.

Edit: nevermind. It was the fake-to-third, throw-to-first-or-second move that was changed.

tarlibone fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 27, 2014

• Locked thread