Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

There are a lot of lovely players who are assholes. Like Ryan Mathews. And Marcus Gilchrist.

Whitehurst is not one of them.

You learn things when you kinda work side by side with players for a while

I want to come stay at your hotel, Ross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm kind of worried about RG3's probation. It means we're gonna get a replacement poster, and they're going to somehow be worse.

They'll have one good week of posts and then meltdown spectacularly.

What I'm saying is, Free Pop Dog.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

me, you, and corey liuget can chill and talk about video games.

(giant fuckoff DE/DTs are the friendliest dudes)

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Ehud posted:

You can check out any time you like

But you can never leave...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

me, you, and corey liuget can chill and talk about video games.

(giant fuckoff DE/DTs are the friendliest dudes)

Is Manti Te'o as boring as he seems

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Benne posted:

Is Manti Te'o as boring as he seems

Moreso

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

The best part of the McCowns is that they always remind me of Cade McNown, former #12 overall pick of the Bears who was probably worse then the McCowns ever dreamed of.

After two years, the Bears traded McNown and a 7th round pick to the Dolphins for a 6th round pick.

McNown is like a forgotten bust who in retrospect was totally hilarious.

- Held out all training camp.

- Immediately embroiled in a parking scandal from his UCLA days - he illegally obtained handicap placards.

- Couldn't beat out a bunch of nobodies for the starting job on a team desparate for a quarterback with a pulse.

- Terrible teammate: "Players have said that he was known to brag about his $6.1 million signing bonus around veterans who were making the NFL's minimum. Also, many remember his harsh comments about teammates after poorly played games, like when he suggested that he overthrew his receivers because they were too tired to run after his passes or when he told Bears fans to not bother coming to the games if they were going to boo him."

- Stole Hugh Hefner and Tim Couch's girlfriends.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Wanvig posted:

He heard Joe Biden make that Shylock reference last week and thought "hey cool racism is in again"

If it was Joe Biden, I'm sure it was actually a Slylock reference and he just misspoke.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Just pretend this is a quote from my post a few weeks back.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I wanna take this time to reiterate how much Dean Pees loving sucks. Dumervil is rarely on the field, but when he is, he does great. I understand Upshaw is great at setting the edge but loving Pernell McPhee has gotten more snaps than Dumervil.

It's sad that Doom + Suggs are rarely on the field simultaneously.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It is a painful misuse of personnel. The same can't be said of the secondary. No kind of creative scheme is going to polish the turd that is Matt Elam.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

He's done. I want to see what Mettenberger has and then when the Titans have a top 10 pick after this season I want a QB.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
McPhee has actually been grading out higher then Dumervil recently so it makes sense.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

ChickenMedium posted:

If it was Joe Biden, I'm sure it was actually a Slylock reference and he just misspoke.

I'd believe it, the Onion's articles on him aren't their joke pages, it's 100% factual.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

old dog child posted:

that 12 step program :master:

step 5 is legitimately good advice though

e: Whoa, they go all the way back to 2007. Here's a link for people who haven't see the old ones: http://www.adultswim.com/videos/carls-lock

I loved the one after the 2007 Superbowl and wish he'd also made one after the 2011 Superbowl

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

NC-17 posted:

- Immediately embroiled in a parking scandal from his UCLA days - he illegally obtained handicap placards.

- Couldn't beat out a bunch of nobodies for the starting job on a team desparate for a quarterback with a pulse.

- Terrible teammate: "Players have said that he was known to brag about his $6.1 million signing bonus around veterans who were making the NFL's minimum. Also, many remember his harsh comments about teammates after poorly played games, like when he suggested that he overthrew his receivers because they were too tired to run after his passes or when he told Bears fans to not bother coming to the games if they were going to boo him."

The Bears shouldn't have traded their 7th overall pick. They ended up with 12 total picks and while most of them played for 4-6 years in the NFL, none of them were very memorable. The best picks were Marty Booker in the 3rd (78th overall) and Jerry Azumah in the 5th (14th overall). I guess you could say Roosevelt Colvin was alright, but he was pretty short lived for the Bears.

The Bears could have kept the 7th overall pick and had either Champ Bailey (who the Redskins picked) or even Daunte Culpepper if they wanted a QB.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

SlipUp posted:

McPhee has actually been grading out higher then Dumervil recently so it makes sense.

I could understand that but Upshaw is on the field more than both of them. I love Upshaw, he's a fantastic run stuffer. I need to find the % of snaps Dumervil is playing again but it's really dumb.

Our only 2 sacks so far are from Dumervil, when he was on the field with Suggs.

Hopefully with the defense being kinda rear end again it's just gonna be a repeat of 2012 :v:. Dean Pees will get fired midseason and the Ravens unleash the Bullshit.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

Sour Diesel posted:

I could understand that but Upshaw is on the field more than both of them. I love Upshaw, he's a fantastic run stuffer. I need to find the % of snaps Dumervil is playing again but it's really dumb.

Our only 2 sacks so far are from Dumervil, when he was on the field with Suggs.

Hopefully with the defense being kinda rear end again it's just gonna be a repeat of 2012 :v:. Dean Pees will get fired midseason and the Ravens unleash the Bullshit.

I hope the defense being rear end again combined with Rex maybe losing his job means we can get Rex back as DC. Or Pagano, but I don't think he's anywhere near the hot seat.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

E_Motion posted:

I hope the defense being rear end again combined with Rex maybe losing his job means we can get Rex back as DC. Or Pagano, but I don't think he's anywhere near the hot seat.

I've had that dream as well but with the spotlight Rex has had the past few years he'll never be a DC again. The man is well on his way to ESPN, or maybe, if we're lucky, he'll replace Schiano on the NFL Network.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

1st Round 1999 Quarterbacks:

Tim Couch
Donovan McNabb
Akili Smith
Daunte Culpepper
Cade McNown

What a special draft

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ostentatious posted:

What a special draft

What am I missing here? Two busts, one sub-par guy on a team terrible enough that it wouldn't have mattered if he was decent, one guy who was awesome and then died because doctors are a myth and :mcnabb:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Yeah McNabb and Culpepper both had really successful careers.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

NC-17 posted:

A real american hero :911:

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Yuzenn posted:

Did someone say 19-0???

He heard you, he knows what you intend, and you have awoken him from his slumber. Last nights sacrifice is blood on your hands; THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT IS NOW ON YOUR HANDS. HE WILL COME FOR YOUR TROPHIES, FOR YOUR RECORDS, AND WILL NOT STOP UNTIL HE IS VICTORIOUS.

You mean....18 and 1?

The giants already had their shot to derail 19-0 and they lost to Drew Stanton at home

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Yeah McNabb and Culpepper both had really successful careers.

McNabb went to 4 straight NFC championship games, and Culpepper had one of the best, coolest seasons in NFL history.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

bigmcgaffney posted:

The giants already had their shot to derail 19-0 and they lost to Drew Stanton at home

I know =(

And if we didn't drop a couple of passes and let megatron loving loose we could be 3-1 or even 4-0. The Giants just aren't built to be that good that early though, it would end in such a spectacular fireball.

All I can hope for is a Manning Manning Superbowl where Eli rushes for the game winning TD. At that point I could just die, since I would have everything I've ever wanted.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Sometimes, Ross, you don't have to back up every lovely player who happened to wear a Chargers jersey at one point

Unless his name is Robert Meachem

To be fair this conversation was basically the equivalent of:

Guy asking boss question: "So how is the new employee working out?"

Boss answering: "Well, he's... a really nice guy."

That kind of says all you need to know about Whitehurst as a QB really.

Ostentatious posted:

1st Round 1999 Quarterbacks:

Tim Couch
Donovan McNabb
Akili Smith
Daunte Culpepper
Cade McNown

What a special draft

I think had Tim Couch gone to anyone besides the Browns that year he would have had, at the very least, a mediocre career. Ditto David Carr for that matter.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

What if the Miami Dolphins hadn't been retarded in the 2005 offseason

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What if the sky were made of turtles? It's best not to think on nonsense.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

pmchem posted:

The Bengals are 3-0 with major injuries on both sides of the ball, especially a decimated receiving corps. It's amazing. At full strength they'd be conference championship material.
They don't have major injuries. The worst is Eifert and he's coming back later.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

pmchem posted:

The Bengals are 3-0 with major injuries on both sides of the ball, especially a decimated receiving corps. It's amazing. At full strength they'd be conference championship material.

The Eagles are 3-0 and have scored more points than the rest of the league combined even though the team bus only shows up to games at half time. Wait until the defense really hits their stride and starts giving up 67 points a game.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I didn't know SAS wiki bit the dust. What happened? Neglect?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Freakazoid_ posted:

I didn't know SAS wiki bit the dust. What happened? Neglect?

I think Gendo is done with tff.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Volkerball posted:

I think Gendo is done with tff.

What finally did him in?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TheChirurgeon posted:

What finally did him in?

No idea. I didn't think it was anything weird when he didn't post all offseason after he resigned as mod because he never posts during the off season, but FireJerryKill and the SAS wiki are down, and I still don't think he's posted since last season. It's a drat shame because I'm sure he'd probably have produced an amazing gif or two over the whole Rice/Goodell saga.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

What finally did him in?

TFF.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I didn't pay attention to football all offseason, why is Panthers-Raves being hyped up as a huge grudge match? I know Steve Smith used to play for the Panthers, were they just assholes about not re-signing him?

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

C-Euro posted:

I didn't pay attention to football all offseason, why is Panthers-Raves being hyped up as a huge grudge match? I know Steve Smith used to play for the Panthers, were they just assholes about not re-signing him?

I think everybody has a grudge with the Ravens now. I can't imagine why...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

<---- yessssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Steve Smith has a grudge against anyone taller than 5'9".

• Locked thread