Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Spiky Ooze posted:

people that are a part of radical feminist ideology or call themselves social justice warriors started appearing everywhere in games journalism ages ago.

the kind that literally post articles about how hating all men is good, and how a patriarchy conspiracy is everywhere. Anyway they blew their cover trying to cover up for a newbie woman game dev whose boyfriend exposed that she cheated on him with 5 dudes (and sleeping with some people in the gaming press that could promote her) and these journalists then made articles about how all gamers hate women so the term gamer shouldn't be used anymore. (The term gamer never was used for much of anything but pro gamers, but games journalists didn't know that for some reason?) They continued to attack anyone in their audience who asked them questions about it on twitter.

a lot of forums also became censored over it. reddit and 4chan are censored which is pretty amazing given the general attitudes of those place and shows you how much of a media push there was to cover it up.

make any sense? it shouldn't. it's all terrible adolescent ideology thrown into forums drama and twitter type poo poo. a TON of nasty stuff came of it. death threats. hacking. forums being wrecked with censorship. Phil Fish posting.

bottomline is watch youtubers for gaming news since they were the ones that aren't into all sorts of weird other poo poo and just talk about games.

It's always fun when someone outs themselves by giving an incredibly one sided account of the stupid poo poo going on in whatever drama the forums is enamored with. :munch:

Can I get a judges ruling on the actual content of the post though? Accurate portrayal of SJW commentary or straw feminist bullshit?

CSM posted:

THIS IS WHAT MRA'S ACTUALLY BELIEVE

Haha ok whoever I was talking with earlier who said it's not fun to laugh at gamers and it is fun to laugh at Gaming Journalists, this quoted post is why you are wrong and you're missing out if you're not focused on the shortbus. Don't make me start linking Lovers Lab. I'll do it.

TheSpiritFox fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
Again, the screenshots are from this http://youtu.be/XHl-6-3mW4M?t=10m36s

It's a whole lotta cringeworthy footage. I advise paying close attention to the hosts, who maintain these increasingly hollow jolly expressions.

This competition needed an Adam Cowell or whateverthehellhisnamewas.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOA9BOx2zoc

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

The Snark posted:

Again, the screenshots are from this http://youtu.be/XHl-6-3mW4M?t=10m36s

It's a whole lotta cringeworthy footage. I advise paying close attention to the hosts, who maintain these increasingly hollow jolly expressions.

This competition needed an Adam Cowell or whateverthehellhisnamewas.
This was loving hilarious and I'm pretty sure involved was in on the joke except whoever was legit offended by it.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spiky Ooze posted:

bottomline is watch youtubers for gaming news since they were the ones that aren't into all sorts of weird other poo poo and just talk about games.

lol ok if u say so champ

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
is this where i sign up for the Dark Enlightenment

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HEY GAL posted:

Welcome but be careful. We do not recommend you embrace the entire Dark Enlightenment outright. It has a lot of controversial information that can "trigger" even the most mature adult males. Start with a small chunk of it like reading just the red pill or just stormfront for a couple of months before adding another.

Warning: It is not recommended that females embrace the Dark Enlightenment at this time.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

HEY GAL posted:

yeah just step into the Intellectual Bullying Cube and we'll take care of the rest

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Tsinava posted:

We got a little bit distracted with the creepy PUA guy.

I'm just going to repost this for posterity because this is really loving funny though.

Keep in mind they were both debating that feminist while hundreds of gamergate people were watching.

Gamergate dudes are the dumbest people in gaming.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

DrPlump posted:

Welcome but be careful. We do not recommend you embrace the entire Dark Enlightenment outright. It has a lot of controversial information that can "trigger" even the most mature adult males. Start with a small chunk of it like reading just the red pill or just stormfront for a couple of months before adding another.

Warning: It is not recommended that females embrace the Dark Enlightenment at this time.
thankyou

can i embrace The Dark Enlightenment under the influence of disassociatives

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

CharlestonJew posted:

the Intellectual Bullying Cube
i prefer to call it the goon jabbar

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

lmfao

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
The gayest deer doesn't mind being hunted by naked dudes

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
rofl

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

:wow:

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Insta 5 no looking back

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

well then

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Destroy the world.

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
Triggering a massive invasion of Red Pill\Dark Enlightenment types into gaming would be an incredible case of "Won the battle lost the war".

Is that the price of being able to read reviews without overwrought bullshit about ":qq:The criminals in my crime simulator say mean things :qq:" and ":qq:This woman's southern accent is offensive to my upper class west coast yuppie friends:qq:"

Edit:

*SINKS BAYONET INTO SCREAMING MAN'S CHEST*

EasternBronze fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 28, 2014

Dec 26, 2012

same

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
if yu must idolize fuckers, why not competent fuckers

i mean, nazis were bad at literally everything they touched

Dec 26, 2012

hey now they had "having baller uniforms" down pat

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Like I said in the last thread the betas are the problem.

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

01011001 posted:

hey now they had "having baller uniforms" down pat

Leigh Alexander unironically agrees with you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSpUtCqhopU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

KongMu posted:

Leigh Alexander unironically agrees with you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSpUtCqhopU

This woman's voice makes me cringe.

...she's an actual Nazi isn't she

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HEY GAL posted:

if yu must idolize fuckers, why not competent fuckers

i mean, nazis were bad at literally everything they touched

true, true

Dec 26, 2012

KongMu posted:

there is nothing ironic about it. they are pretty ownage

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

BottledBodhisvata posted:

This woman's voice makes me cringe.

This...WOMAN.

HAS A BAD VOICE.

OBAMA'S AMERICA

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Spiky Ooze posted:

people that are a part of radical feminist ideology or call themselves social justice warriors started appearing everywhere in games journalism ages ago.

the kind that literally post articles about how hating all men is good, and how a patriarchy conspiracy is everywhere. Anyway they blew their cover trying to cover up for a newbie woman game dev whose boyfriend exposed that she cheated on him with 5 dudes (and sleeping with some people in the gaming press that could promote her) and these journalists then made articles about how all gamers hate women so the term gamer shouldn't be used anymore. (The term gamer never was used for much of anything but pro gamers, but games journalists didn't know that for some reason?) They continued to attack anyone in their audience who asked them questions about it on twitter.

a lot of forums also became censored over it. reddit and 4chan are censored which is pretty amazing given the general attitudes of those place and shows you how much of a media push there was to cover it up.

make any sense? it shouldn't. it's all terrible adolescent ideology thrown into forums drama and twitter type poo poo. a TON of nasty stuff came of it. death threats. hacking. forums being wrecked with censorship. Phil Fish posting.

:qq:

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
it is funny how openly crybaby nerds admit that the actual circumstances that were the genesis of their increasingly psychotic and fascist delirum, which was one nobody banging another nobody for some arguable favoritism, is basically irrelevant to their spastic outrage

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Tezzor posted:

it is funny how openly crybaby nerds admit that the actual circumstances that were the genesis of their increasingly psychotic and fascist delirum, which was one nobody banging another nobody for some arguable favoritism, is basically irrelevant to their spastic outrage

lol, what the gently caress is wrong with you?

to summarize

burritolingus posted:

Man, those GamerGaters like Internet Aristocrat are crazy conspiracy theory nuts. By the way, Internet Aristocrat is part of the Inner Secret Circle that orchestrated this whole thing.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 28, 2014

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

Neurolimal posted:

i think the last of the truest believers have been squashed, now you just have a bunch of dudes going "gamergate is bad but i DO think feminisblaablablaaagh"

nah i still support gamergate its just that, y'know, I try not to be a dickhead

like here's the thing you can be mindless dickhead or you can be yourself and im choosing the latter option

Cardboard Box A posted:

So it turns out that the Youtube Atheist crowd who make hours and hours of videos about feminism (and have recently discovered DiGRA) are sometimes bad spokespersons for the #gamergate movement? Who could have forseen that coming?

Well, duh. None of these people are great spokesperson's. The only one who at least genuinely shows some sort of promise as a speaker is IA. People were making GBS threads on him earlier but he knows how to rally people and that makes all the difference in the world. He knew that it'd be critical to make a video once the month ran because he could refresh everyone's memory and remind them what they are fighting for. The thing about movements in general is that if you have no idea how to rally, entertain or encourage your movement, you might as well give the gently caress up. You want people involved to feel good about what they're doing. On the internet that's difficult because everyone has an opinion and no one is willing to sit on the back burner.

GentlemanBrofro fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 28, 2014

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

i think the last of the truest believers have been squashed, now you just have a bunch of dudes going "gamergate is bad but i DO think feminisblaablablaaagh"

you, tezzor, and thespiritfox: fyad friends and anime pedophiles, post here like ten thousand times. no one wants to read your posts.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

NutritiousSnack posted:

lol, what the gently caress is wrong with you?

to summarize

nothing i said had anything to do with a conspiracy or even mentioned that youtube supastar. it was an observation centered in posts in this very thread, including the one i quoted right above it, which openly state that their motivation is outrage towards feminism and sjws for crimes real and imagined. if we are mentioning internetaristocrat that was also his explicit and central motivation, expressed within the first minute or two of his video. it is clear from this unassailable fact that this really had nothing to do with the non-scandal of zoe quinn or the Attacks on the Ethical Integrity of Games Journalism, and is really just a bunch of resentful white manbabies latching on to an excuse to express their belligerence towards a culture that rightfully regards them as extremely unpleasant and stupid surplus people. more interestingly is how with each passing day the katamari of young white secular conservative resentment rolls up ever more shibboleths including not just feminism but men's rights, fiat money, vapid sluts, "cultural marxism," affirmative action, big government, etc. i am excited to see where the fascist rhetoric and imagery emerging takes us

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Tezzor posted:

nothing i said had anything to do with a conspiracy or even mentioned that youtube supastar. it was an observation centered in posts in this very thread, including the one i quoted right above it, which openly state that their motivation is outrage towards feminism and sjws for crimes real and imagined. if we are mentioning internetaristocrat that was also his explicit and central motivation, expressed within the first minute or two of his video. it is clear from this unassailable fact that this really had nothing to do with the non-scandal of zoe quinn or the Attacks on the Ethical Integrity of Games Journalism, and is really just a bunch of resentful white manbabies latching on to an excuse to express their belligerence towards a culture that rightfully regards them as extremely unpleasant and stupid surplus people. more interestingly is how with each passing day the katamari of young white secular conservative resentment rolls up ever more shibboleths including not just feminism but men's rights, fiat money, vapid sluts, "cultural marxism," affirmative action, big government, etc. i am excited to see where the fascist rhetoric and imagery emerging takes us

lol @ this mad beta human being

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Tezzor posted:

This but unironically.

Triple A posted:

lol @ shitlords who use made up fantasy wolfpack social mechanics as insults.

:Edit:

Ironically or unironically

TheSpiritFox fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 28, 2014

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Tezzor posted:

this but ironically

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Triple A posted:

excellent post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013