Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

"Hey Kakaricho, bold the 'American' so there's no misunderstandings."
"Nah, people will get it."

Don't take the side of the first guy folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

For a split second I thought you were talking about our Zarigani and was all :eyepop:

We don't have an American Zarigani

:canada:

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

zari-gani posted:

I'll post pics on my Twitter later but man. Meeting Arino at TGS was cool, but few people can say they rode a roller coaster with Producer Kan.
Well deserved for you in helping to bring this goodness to us non-japanese speakers. (Kudo's to the whole team of course that all deserve this treatment).

Kakaricho posted:

I think what we're all wondering is...did you sit in the chair?
Agreed. And did you sneak in a game of Piccadilly Circus while you were in there :)

cubeboy fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 29, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

We don't have an American Zarigani

:canada:

To avoid confusion, she will henceforth be known as the North American Zarigani.

Wait

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Doing updates on the server sa-gccx.com is on, will be back in a few minutes

Edit: AND WE'RE BACK

flyboi fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 30, 2014

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I did sit in the chair, because it was at TGS and they made me sit in it for every photo for some reason. Speaking of photos...

The staff kept saying it was extremely fortunate that I caught Arino, because he only stopped by twice that day (not sure about other days), and I arrived at the booth right on his second visit. He was enjoying TGS on his private time with his wife so I didn't want to impose, but he was nice enough to offer a photo and an autograph.

Chief AD Egawa, AP Ishida and AD Yanai. Asides from Kan, I talked to them the most because they were looking after the GCCX booth at TGS on a business day and had very little to do.

Tanii/Tanny, AD Takahashi, P Kan, AD Oosuka and D Katayama. Not pictured: AD Maeda, who's taking the photo. This is inside the Chuubu studio, where the narration is recorded. The crew watches the episode on the small TV behind us while Kan narrates in a separate room, making rewrite suggestions and little jabs along the way. Getting to see the Gascoin office and the challenge room was really cool, but this was even more awesome.

One many pics taken inside Gascoin. In the "Kacho Room".

At Super Potato, I tried to buy the game in the future challenge so I could get it before the price goes up, but they were all out. Curses.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

zari-gani posted:

I did sit in the chair, because it was at TGS and they made me sit in it for every photo for some reason. Speaking of photos...

The staff kept saying it was extremely fortunate that I caught Arino, because he only stopped by twice that day (not sure about other days), and I arrived at the booth right on his second visit. He was enjoying TGS on his private time with his wife so I didn't want to impose, but he was nice enough to offer a photo and an autograph.

Chief AD Egawa, AP Ishida and AD Yanai. Asides from Kan, I talked to them the most because they were looking after the GCCX booth at TGS on a business day and had very little to do.

Tanii/Tanny, AD Takahashi, P Kan, AD Oosuka and D Katayama. Not pictured: AD Maeda, who's taking the photo. This is inside the Chuubu studio, where the narration is recorded. The crew watches the episode on the small TV behind us while Kan narrates in a separate room, making rewrite suggestions and little jabs along the way. Getting to see the Gascoin office and the challenge room was really cool, but this was even more awesome.

One many pics taken inside Gascoin. In the "Kacho Room".

At Super Potato, I tried to buy the game in the future challenge so I could get it before the price goes up, but they were all out. Curses.

That is awesome. Now spill it. What's the future challenge!?

Also, love your "face" there. Hilarious.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

You know, if you were taking notes it might save some time... :v:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

RadicalR posted:

That is awesome. Now spill it. What's the future challenge!?

The title ends with an "N".

RadicalR posted:

Also, love your "face" there. Hilarious.

Are you making fun of my serious case of onigiri? :smith:

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Wow, I managed not to notice the GCCX stand for the second year running. I was there both business days too.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
All the fun but where's cameraman Abe!?

Also mad jealous that looks like a lot of fun

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

I meant when it was in the challenge room...

That's still really awesome though, I only met Kan at one event, maybe I can meet more at the DVD event this December. I may be in Tokyo for work...

Speaking of which, the contents of DVD box 11 have been released.

Disc 1
Yoshi’s Island Complete Version
Kung-Fu Heroes
Gargoyle's Quest II

5 arcade visits

Disc 2
Metro-Cross Complete Version
Space Hunter
Family Trainer Jogging Race

Event: Family Trainer Jogging Race at United States of Odiba 2013

Game Center CX in Asia Director’s Cut Version

DVD only challenge - Castlevania

1st print only gift - "Don't go stickin' this on your cartridge" sticker/specially made protractor and ruler set.
Included - High-class club-style Arino business card.

Further, world's best cake given to Abe, Fujimoto, and Kan's respective birthday (Kan's is on the 5th, so like any civilized society, weekend birthdays are observed at lunch on Friday)

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Oct 3, 2014

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kakaricho posted:

DVD only challenge - Castlevania

I need to see this.

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

zari-gani posted:

Isn't he D Takahashi now? Or is the show demoting again like back when Arino got dinged for doing bad during seasons :smith: drat lucky.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

flyboi posted:

All the fun but where's cameraman Abe!?

Also mad jealous that looks like a lot of fun

Clearly he's holding the camera, where else would he be? :v:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

zari-gani posted:

Ecco the Dolphin, clearly. I'm so excited. :neckbeard:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

zari-gani posted:

Sutte Hakkun, calling it.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I dunno guys, has it been long enough that Arino has suffered and been confused? I'm going to go ahead and guess Chakan...

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

zari-gani posted:

Have they done Cocoron yet?

Fernin
Sep 26, 2014

How Ingratiating! posted:

Have they done Cocoron yet?

They haven't done Cocoron yet, and it would perfectly fit the __ __ __ N clue given at the end of Shadow Dancer. I've got my fingers crossed for that, I'd love to see what Arino would create.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Today (October 5th) is Producer Kan's birthday.

https://twitter.com/kankanp

Edit: Nippon Budokan and Kan both turned 50 today. Odd coincidence.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Oct 5, 2014

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
After watching the DKC2 episodes, I'd love to see Arino's (and the staff's) reactions to a speed run of the game and all of the weird glitches possible.

bdr9
Mar 19, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

After watching the DKC2 episodes, I'd love to see Arino's (and the staff's) reactions to a speed run of the game and all of the weird glitches possible.

Or even better, a tool-assisted speedrun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_9y9UJiLDE

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Today (October 9th) is Kibe's birthday.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Does he have a twitter? If so, Im amazed I wasnt following him already!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

Does he have a twitter? If so, Im amazed I wasnt following him already!

I would have posted it if he did. I get the feeling he's pretty shy, when he got married he basically just submitted a form to let Arino know.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It's kinda slow so I'll ask a few show soundtrack related questions:

- What is the music used for the beginning of the Famicombox segment in season 18? (something traditional and Japanese)
- Also still looking for the source for "despair theme", one example where you can hear it is in episode 75, Donkey Kong Country, starting around 28:25.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Azazell0 posted:

It's kinda slow so I'll ask a few show soundtrack related questions:
- What is the music used for the beginning of the Famicombox segment in season 18? (something traditional and Japanese)

I'm 99% sure that the Famicom Box music is just stock music, it's pretty standard for travel/traditional culture shows and segments (Like in the catch copy segment).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is the DKC2 3 parter worth watching if you have no real interest in Donkey Kong Country at all? Around 3 hours of it might be a bit too much without the nostalgia, I'm thinking.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Aurain posted:

Is the DKC2 3 parter worth watching if you have no real interest in Donkey Kong Country at all? Around 3 hours of it might be a bit too much without the nostalgia, I'm thinking.

I got bored and stopped watching at Part 2 so I don't really think so. Kind of a weak set of episodes IMO.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kakaricho posted:

I'm 99% sure that the Famicom Box music is just stock music, it's pretty standard for travel/traditional culture shows and segments (Like in the catch copy segment).

Might be, but since the show used more tracks from the Hiwou War Chronicles OST (where the arcade trip theme is from) as background music in at least one episode, I thought maybe this one has a source as well. I like soundtracks that have that kind of relaxing sound.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I got bored and stopped watching at Part 2 so I don't really think so. Kind of a weak set of episodes IMO.

Hmm, that's what I sort of suspected. I'll give them a miss, then.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Eh, I really don't care about DKC at all but I enjoyed the episodes enough. And you could always just watch the other segments.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Eponymous posted:

Eh, I really don't care about DKC at all but I enjoyed the episodes enough. And you could always just watch the other segments.

Yeah, I never really got into DKC myself but I liked it. If anything I was more impressed by some of the more striking levels due to my fresh eyes. Just grab the first episode and see if you like it enough to keep watching.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The game itself had highs and lows, but the segments were good.

MartianAgitator
Apr 30, 2003

Damn Earth! Damn her!
Does anyone have the picture of Arino as a high school gothy band geek? I couldn't find that anywhere on the internet.

\/\/\/ Ballin'. Thanks, man.

MartianAgitator fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 14, 2014

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

MartianAgitator posted:

Does anyone have the picture of Arino as a high school gothy band geek? I couldn't find that anywhere on the internet.

This?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You have no chance to survive make your time

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

MartianAgitator posted:

Arino as a band geek? I don't know where you'd get that idea...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
It's weird to see Arino show up on other shows as a guest panelist, but I guess that's just how Japanese TV works. I saw him in a rock-paper-scissors tournament the other week, and last night I saw him wincing to video of boat-stricken dead manatees.