Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
baked garlic is good on crackers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
garlic is good but truffle oil holy poo poo

truffle oil mashed potatoes omg im cumming

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

also always peel raw garlic cloves, cover them in olive oil in a sealed container and keep it in your fridge for best results in garlic infused oil.

Nothing can go wrong with this idea ever.

(you will get botulism and die. don't do this.)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
roast garlic in the oven and rub it all over your body

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

you irl posted:

get outta here bougie scum

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
this is about the earthy working man's herb, garlic

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

brick cow posted:

Peel your garlic like this

http://youtu.be/hJxvLCywz6o

If you use one of these:

then you're a oval office and you should strongly consider suicide.

god drat that kid is autistic as gently caress

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

Understanding the various states of garlic is integral in cooking.

If you use garlic salt, you are garlic sub-tier 2.
If you use jarred garlic, you are garlic sub-tier 1.

Understanding how to prepare garlic in your food elevates you past these sub-tiers.

Peeling and slicing garlic thinly, while ok for some heavy-handed sauces, particularly tomato based is garlic pro-tier 1

Slicing length-wise, but not entirely through the bulb, then rotating it to finalize a finer dice is garlic pro-tier 2.

Smashing to peel the clove, while retaining a majority of the clove's integrity, then finely slicing it is pro-tier 2.5.

Doing the same, but still being able to maintain enough structural integrity to rotate and still dice is pro-tier 3.0.

Doing this is god tier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1y5h1pDHhzs#t=108

Watch from the beginning for all prior tips.
Bitch made motherfuckers.

the tip about cleaning the knife on the cutting board like that is something inever thought off i'll have to do that next time thnanks

prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark

you irl posted:

truffle pig!! Get out

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Prodigal T-REX posted:

this is about the earthy working man's herb, garlic

*sniff* fetch the pig, jeeves, we've truffles to hunt *dons riding gloves*

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

drat i gotta try that

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
If you have cancer and don't want to get chemotherapy you can just eat nothing but raw garlic and water for weeks/months like some kind of Italian saint. You'll probably die and get stomach ulcers but then again no one has the willpower to actually do this so it could plausibly cure cancer since garlic is the anti-cancer and it does permeate pretty much every nook and cranny if you eat enough of it. This is a really dumb idea but I will do it if I ever get cancer cause gentle caress chemo.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Eat the garlic

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Parallax Scroll posted:

drat i gotta try that

That video makes me horny for garlic.
I never knew how to use it easily.

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
garlic is the bomb

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW

Free Cheese posted:

Vampires don't like garlic

Neither do mosquitoes. Eating garlic seriously helps repel mosquitoes.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Garlic used as a suppository can stimulate the prostate and eliminate worms

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Parallax Scroll posted:

drat i gotta try that

makes me want to sharpen my knife more dang

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I've eaten garlic raw. I've spread it on toast. I've got to say as a law, Garlic is the most.

gently caress ya'll. Garlic.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Parallax Scroll posted:

if you're following a recipe and it calls for garlic, put double what it says and the food will taste better.

bonus pro tip: a garlic a day keeps the doctor away. garlic is good for you!

share your garlic pro tips here

this is only true if you're using a recipe marketed towards whites. other races can disregard as their recipes call for the proper amount of flavor

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Garlic smeared liberally on a flaccid penis will make it invisible, comparable to the effects of the Philadelphia Experiment.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Prodigal T-REX posted:

makes me want to sharpen my knife more dang

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Here is my recipe for 40 clove garlic chicken It contains lots of garlic.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I once took a date to a restaurant called the Stinking Rose which is garlic-themed and then we had garlic sex, so I'd have to recommend garlic for that purpose at least.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Chard posted:

I once took a date to a restaurant called the Stinking Rose which is garlic-themed and then we had garlic sex, so I'd have to recommend garlic for that purpose at least.

did she taste like garlic? cause i'd date that girl

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Chard posted:

did you eat her stinking rose, nahwatimsayin

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

^ ofc

VendaGoat posted:

did she taste like garlic? cause i'd date that girl

Yes but later she stopped tasting like garlic so we had to break up :(

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
vampires don't like garlic, and i've never seen a fat vampire, so garlic makes you fat

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Put A LOT of garlic in something that's going to cook for a while and you'll have sulfurous emissions that will curl nose hairs

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

you irl posted:

Truffle oil is a fake and tastes like perfume garbage

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
poke holes in a paper bag
put garlic in bag
place bag under counter
welp that's my pro tip hope you liked it

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Never add diced/minced garlic to hot oil to sauté; put the garlic and oil in at the same time so they heat together. This will brown your garlic all the way through instead of ending up burnt with a raw inside. poo poo's delicate.

First cooking tip I ever got as a kid: Any recipe that requires oil/fat/butter to be heated can use the sound of a single tiny piece of garlic as an audible 'IT'S HOT EXACTLY NOW' alarm. As a bonus you can also smell it from another room if you get distracted so you don't burn your oil.

Zeno-25 posted:

Truffle oil is a fake and tastes like perfume garbage

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

prinneh posted:

Mince garlic into olive oil and pour it over pizza. Don't use too much oil. This concoction will get more garlicky if you leave it overnight in the fridge.
mince it very, very finely and replace "pizza" with "anything

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

brick cow posted:

Peel your garlic like this

http://youtu.be/hJxvLCywz6o

If you use one of these:

then you're a oval office and you should strongly consider suicide.

Go gently caress yourself, mincing garlic is for proles and poors, and I'm sick of washing my food processor.

Also roast garlic everyday. Roast it next to your beets and they will have a sexy garlicky crust.

edit: ffs truffle oil is a finishing oil why are you trying to cook with it you retards

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

put an entire clove of garlic up against your butthole. use a ram rod (or functional equivalent) to push the clove of garlic deep inside your butt. this will make you very powerful.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Parallax Scroll posted:

if you're following a recipe and it calls for garlic, put double what it says and the food will taste better.

bonus pro tip: a garlic a day keeps the doctor away. garlic is good for you!

share your garlic pro tips here

I was just eating some cloves last night. I made calzones and butter garlic basted them. Ate teh cloves after cause they so good.

Protip is you can use garlic in a poo poo ton of ways and eat them after.

Yivgev posted:

put an entire clove of garlic up against your butthole. use a ram rod (or functional equivalent) to push the clove of garlic deep inside your butt. this will make you very powerful.

Protection from gay vampires.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Yivgev posted:

do not use two cloves for this purpose, as there are some thresholds that mortal men were not meant to cross

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

wow great effort ITT

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

paranoid randroid posted:

do not use two cloves for this purpose, as there are some thresholds that mortal men were not meant to cross

You may lose your humanity but you become an immortal Garlic Lich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
a garlich

• Locked thread