Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Endorph posted:

playable cast in metroid warriors:

samus
??????????????

I was picturing something like Drakengard where you can be a space pirate but then tap a button and suddenly you're Ridley flying around immolating everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

bonzibuddy64 posted:

If you complete the first Skulltula illustration, you unlock an awesome "Rewards Map" seperate from the Adventure Mode map. The first mission in the Rewards Map is really, really good for farming weapons, materials, EXP, rupees, and unsealing skills on weapons. The monsters are super easy for any character to kill and the 6 generals start off neutral and surrounded by enemies, and since they're neutral they won't go lower than 1%. So you can just farm around 1000 kills for weapons, materials and stuff, then go recruit a general, kill the other 5 super fast since they're at 1% hp, get their silver/gold materials or weapons, and kill the boss. Every time you clear it you get a 40k rupee bonus, and if you have a weapon with Slots+ and Stars+ on it and a potion from the apothecary you can get really good weapon drops. It's my favorite mission for just fuckin' around and lazily killing stuff, stress-free.

Good to know, even though I'm a ways away from that (I only just unlocked Zelda since I'm trying to take things slow and chip away at Adventure Mode).

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Does anyone know which Adventure Mode Skulltulas I need to get to complete the "giant bosses" illustration?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rirse posted:

I saw people mention this when looking up how to cross the river to get Agiatha. Just refight a tile near where the ladder to get the game to respawn it.

This definitely works for bombs, candles and compasses. It's hard to waste anything, they're always handing you new ones. :)

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Reverse Fi, it adds the darkness element to her attacks.

Edit: Unlocked the Great Fairy. Her attacks are super fun and she would be my favorite character to use if it weren't for the fact she is so goddamn slow. Even at full speed it feels like she's going at walking speed :psyduck:

This is mostly because she's huge. As far as I can tell, she travels at the same speed as everyone else... but she's about four to five times bigger than everyone else, so she looks like she's going slower due to the scale difference.

You can see how scale affects apparent speed in games that let you zoom out - just try playing an MMO zoomed all the way out compared to all the way in, and you'll feel like there's a speed difference, even though there isn't.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Neo Rasa posted:

I was picturing something like Drakengard where you can be a space pirate but then tap a button and suddenly you're Ridley flying around immolating everything.

I'm quite sure Mario Warriors would be the best thing ever.

"Peach is advancing towards Bowser's Main camp!"

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If they add in the Wario family of characters, then they might have a decent library of heroes.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Donkey Kong
Wario
Waluligi
Daisy
Mona
Ashley
8-Bit
Yoshi
...and more.

While along with Bowser can use the other final bosses or the Koopalings as other enemies.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
So on Legend mode, Normal and Hard have SKulltulas to collect - does Hero mode have its own set as well, or just a badge and 2x XP/ better drop potential?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Rirse posted:

If they add in the Wario family of characters, then they might have a decent library of heroes.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Donkey Kong
Wario
Waluligi
Daisy
Mona
Ashley
8-Bit
Yoshi
...and more.

While along with Bowser can use the other final bosses or the Koopalings as other enemies.

I can't wait to play a hollow-eyed thousand-yard-stare Toad chuffing on a bubble pipe and occasionally recounting his stories of the last Mushroom War, where his lady Pauline met with an awful fate. :stare:

^^edit: Hard and Hero use the same pool of Skulltulas, as far as I know there is nothing you can get in Hero that you can't get in Hard. Aside from generally better drops.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 1, 2014

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fire Emblem is the most obvious series to do a Warriors game with. I don't know what the hell you do with Metroid anymore. The space rail shooter is thoroughly covered by the space animals and isolation and solitude is too core to the game's concept to do like a 4X space strategy thing. You'd basically have to reinvent the series even to license it to somebody.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I was playing the game last night and because I'm a huge idiot who loves wasting time I spent a bunch of time not playing Legends or Adventure and instead just going into Free Mode and grinding out some of the "Kill X Enemies" skills on weapons. I could just play the other modes to unlock better weapons but w/e.

Anyway, on one of my Fire Rods I got Bombs+ which says it powers up bombs when you kill enemies. After futzing around with it for like 2 minutes before going to bed, I didn't really see it do anything. Anyone know how it works?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Thank you so much. :allears:

Rirse posted:

I saw people mention this when looking up how to cross the river to get Agiatha. Just refight a tile near where the ladder to get the game to respawn it.
You don't need a ladder to get Agitha. Just go around from the north and use the water bomb.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Fire Emblem is the most obvious series to do a Warriors game with. I don't know what the hell you do with Metroid anymore. The space rail shooter is thoroughly covered by the space animals and isolation and solitude is too core to the game's concept to do like a 4X space strategy thing. You'd basically have to reinvent the series even to license it to somebody.

I wouldn't be at all to see a Fire Emblem Warriors a year or two down the line. There's already a cross-over coming, Hyrule Warriors got a really good reception, and Awakening is about as anime as games come so it's right up Koei-Tecmo's alley. I'd play the poo poo out of it.

Reksi
Sep 26, 2007

:eng101: While using focus spirit (R button), you don't take damage from keep barriers.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Here's my baby, level-23-with-only-Darunia-and-Midna-unlocked Adventure Mode stages I've played on so far. The one left of the starting square I really looked for that heart piece for awhile, but I need a break. I think I'm going to focus on Legend Mode and just make sure to get all those heart pieces, containers and skulltulae. I'm sure this, my personal gaming experience has been interesting to all.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So went to freeplay to grab 2 skulltalas on hard and I'm using the weapon it's asking, and taking next to no damage and I'm sitting on 1700 kills... can you not get them in freeplay?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Here's my baby, level-23-with-only-Darunia-and-Midna-unlocked Adventure Mode stages I've played on so far. The one left of the starting square I really looked for that heart piece for awhile, but I need a break. I think I'm going to focus on Legend Mode and just make sure to get all those heart pieces, containers and skulltulae. I'm sure this, my personal gaming experience has been interesting to all.

Wow, using Excel to track Adventure Mode stuff is a very cool idea. Any chance you could share that?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wow, using Excel to track Adventure Mode stuff is a very cool idea. Any chance you could share that?

Sure, it's a Google doc, so I guess I can just make it open for viewing and copying. Hang on a sec and let me share it with the address I use for SA. :ninja:

edit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SdMZ7KpqnIJJI7s0moE8dYx2pailkrPyckADGW5okp0/edit?usp=sharing

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 1, 2014

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So went to freeplay to grab 2 skulltalas on hard and I'm using the weapon it's asking, and taking next to no damage and I'm sitting on 1700 kills... can you not get them in freeplay?

Is it asking for Links sword? I made the mistake of using the Master Sword for that the first time, but I think it's asking for the Hylian Sword specifically. I ended up using the wooden 8-bit sword I got from beating Legends.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Inverness posted:

Thank you so much. :allears:

You don't need a ladder to get Agitha. Just go around from the north and use the water bomb.

I already grabbed her, but for the longest time the game wouldn't let me play the map where there was a single tile of water separating them. Not until I beat Cia in Legend mode that it let me play the map.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Sure, it's a Google doc, so I guess I can just make it open for viewing and copying. Hang on a sec and let me share it with the address I use for SA. :ninja:

edit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SdMZ7KpqnIJJI7s0moE8dYx2pailkrPyckADGW5okp0/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks! You should fill that in with all the rewards and upload it to GameFaqs or something.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

Thanks! You should fill that in with all the rewards and upload it to GameFaqs or something.

I should, but I'm too slow :( I'll barely get to play this week and I've only really unlocked that small segment I linked earlier.

The thread is definitely free to make copies to edit and share until we hive mind fill-in the thing. Maybe comment each square for which keep to take for heart pieces, etc. There is obviously no need to credit me for putting some colors in a grid if anyone makes it better enough for an actual FAQ/walkthrough kind of thing.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

I was playing the game last night and because I'm a huge idiot who loves wasting time I spent a bunch of time not playing Legends or Adventure and instead just going into Free Mode and grinding out some of the "Kill X Enemies" skills on weapons. I could just play the other modes to unlock better weapons but w/e.

Anyway, on one of my Fire Rods I got Bombs+ which says it powers up bombs when you kill enemies. After futzing around with it for like 2 minutes before going to bed, I didn't really see it do anything. Anyone know how it works?

I'm pretty sure it just makes bomb powerups drop more often.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Kaubocks posted:

It means your bombs will auto-powerup all on their own after you kill X amount of enemies. I don't know how many X is but I'd wager around 200-500. Not played with it much.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Legend Mode 2nd Skulltulas are not one of the ones where you gotta do X amount of kills without taking Y mount of damage. For instance, the first one needs you to seal both mentioned keeps before activating the fairy fountain. ("Enact ???'s (Zelda's) strategy while halting the enemy's advance!")

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

With the second skulltala thing in legend mode, you can use a higher level version of whatever weapon is displayed, right?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I love the prizes that are based on taking keeps because typically you have to take most of them in adventure mode just to score the 1200 kills and in Legend mode, you have all the time in the world to take them and it is satisfying to fill the map with a pleasant blue.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

mabels big day posted:

With the second skulltala thing in legend mode, you can use a higher level version of whatever weapon is displayed, right?

Yup, it just has to come from that category. Which is why the Master Sword doesn't work for Links sword requirement, but the 8-bit one does.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Wild Knight posted:

After playing this game, I really want Nintendo to trust Omega Force with one more of their franchises.

I've joked about it before but holy poo poo, Fire Emblem Warriors would make so much sense.

This is from forever ago, but holy poo poo yes this would be awesome.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How do you use the wooden sword? I've beaten the first four Legend missions and one mission from each branching path, I thought it was supposed to have unlocked by now.

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007

greatn posted:

How do you use the wooden sword? I've beaten the first four Legend missions and one mission from each branching path, I thought it was supposed to have unlocked by now.

You get it a few missions after you get the Master Sword. You've got a ways to go, yet.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Apparently the legendary skulltelas pop up whenever they feel like I guess, spoke too soon on them.

So used to the 1000 thing by now.

Question regarding pictures: I just unlocked the Zora Tunic and there's four more pictures, I've seen the Goron one, are the other 3 all for Link too?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Apparently the legendary skulltelas pop up whenever they feel like I guess, spoke too soon on them.

So used to the 1000 thing by now.

Question regarding pictures: I just unlocked the Zora Tunic and there's four more pictures, I've seen the Goron one, are the other 3 all for Link too?

The hard mode skulltulas have special conditions, you can look at what they are by going to Warrior Info in the pause menu. For your other question, the Goron costume is unlocked from completing all five illustrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I wish I had the time to play this as much as you guys. I love it. Reviews have been strangely low, I thought, mostly 7s across the board. The highest I've seen is an 8.5 which I think is close to the mark but I'd probably give this game a 9. I would think it would get repetitive, but somehow it just hasn't yet.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

greatn posted:

I wish I had the time to play this as much as you guys. I love it. Reviews have been strangely low, I thought, mostly 7s across the board. The highest I've seen is an 8.5 which I think is close to the mark but I'd probably give this game a 9. I would think it would get repetitive, but somehow it just hasn't yet.

That's Dynasty Warriors in a nutshell, from what I remember from having roommates who played it endlessly. They just have an excellent way of varying things just enough so that it always feels like you're doing something different, and the character advancement and unlocks are spaced just enough apart that it always feels like you're working toward a goal.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

bonzibuddy64 posted:

The hard mode skulltulas have special conditions, you can look at what they are by going to Warrior Info in the pause menu. For your other question, the Goron costume is unlocked from completing all five illustrations.

Oh really? That's kinda lame.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, Adventure mode gets rough quick if you don't take time to get better weapons. Just doing Zelda's mission for the baton and I was nickle-and-dime-ing bosses. Whole thing probably took twice as long as it should have.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Huh, that's strange. I just did a Network Link quest that looked like it was going to give me the level 1 8-Bit Sword, but I completed the mission and didn't get it.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

How often are you guys seeing Network Links? So far I've only seen two of them, and they were both at the very beginning of my adventure mode sessions.

Also it took me like a day to get the "network link" word play. I am a dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

Out of curiosity, how's the Wii U version of that game? I know it was a launch title, so I'm curious how it turned out.
Super late on this, but I remember it being alright. Graphics looked okay as Warriors games go, it ran alright. It's missing some of the characters from Ultimate but it's still a fine game if you only have a Wii U.

• Locked thread