Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
I'm taranii on Nintendo Network, for those still adding people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Instead of making a separate FE warriors they should just crossover FE and Zelda and make Nintendo Warriors.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

greatn posted:

I wish I had the time to play this as much as you guys. I love it. Reviews have been strangely low, I thought, mostly 7s across the board. The highest I've seen is an 8.5 which I think is close to the mark but I'd probably give this game a 9. I would think it would get repetitive, but somehow it just hasn't yet.

Musou games in general have a huge negative mark right from the gate for US reviewers.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I added 13 people to my friends list last night but didn't see anything different on the Adventure Mode map. How do I tell when there's a network link? I would love some crazy weapons. Do I need to unlock more of the map?

I'm still only like 5-6 levels into Legends Mode. :v:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Endorph posted:

Instead of making a separate FE warriors they should just crossover FE and Zelda and make Nintendo Warriors.

Smash Warriors.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

I added 13 people to my friends list last night but didn't see anything different on the Adventure Mode map. How do I tell when there's a network link? I would love some crazy weapons. Do I need to unlock more of the map?

I'm still only like 5-6 levels into Legends Mode. :v:

You have to enable network functions in the options, it's off by default for some reason.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Endorph posted:

If they release an FE one as a full release but make it interface with the Zelda game and allow you to use characters from one in the other, that's the spirit of what Nintendo should do with everything from now on.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

greatn posted:

I wish I had the time to play this as much as you guys. I love it.

Yeah me too. I see people in this thread talking about how they're all level 50+ already and meanwhile my guys are still in the teens and 20s.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

HJE-Cobra posted:

I don't think the boss fights are TOO bad, but it was pretty painful trying to kill two Manhandlas within 10 minutes on the Adventure mode. I was using a lv 20 or something character, and the stupid boss being totally invulnerable until it does its thing that you throw boomerangs at was really annoying, especially when it kept doing other, stupid attacks instead. Like, I just need a few more hits, do the stupid attack that makes you vulnerable already, jeez

I did this one at level 40-something and it was a cakewalk. In the process I discovered that they're not actually immune to damage when the weak spot isn't showing, they just have higher defence. At that level a special was taking off a sizeable chunk of health, and even regular combos were doing just barely noticeable damage. I ended up finishing the second one off that way when the last weak point strike left it at low health.

Dodongo's the same but it's harder to get hits in because it's much more aggressive. Gohma actually is invulnerable from the front though. You can damage it from the back but it turns around and blocks really quickly. For the little amount of damage you get it isn't worth it, since unlike the other two it actually stops whatever it's doing to block when you attack it, so you're just delaying the next laser.

Edit: may as well throw in my NNID too, it's Suaimhneas. I'll go back and add people from the OP

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 1, 2014

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You have to enable network functions in the options, it's off by default for some reason.

Oh jesus, thanks. Don't think I'd have ever noticed that.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I'm Alacron on Nintendo Network, looking for friends so I can get some sweet sweet network links.

Antilles
Feb 22, 2008

I've been adding all you fine folk to my friend list, so please add Antilles to yours :).

To add something of actual content, I just got the Prima guide, and thought I might drop one of the hints from there. If you're grinding, it can pay off to pop Focus mode whenever you're set to slaughter 100+ mooks in one activation, the bonuses are pretty nice. More rupees at 25, more exp at 50, more hearts at 75, more rare materials at 100, and more high-rank weapons at 130.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Since the DLC been out in Japan for a day, has it been shown what the other costumes you can get in the new adventure map are? Also wonder if the new map falls into the Quest 2 secrets.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Evil Mastermind posted:

Huh, that's strange. I just did a Network Link quest that looked like it was going to give me the level 1 8-Bit Sword, but I completed the mission and didn't get it.

You get the 8-bit sword in Legend Mode, the final battle with Cia right before the one where you first play as Ganondorf

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007
My NNID is YukiAkuma, by the way.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

You get the 8-bit sword in Legend Mode, the final battle with Cia right before the one where you first play as Ganondorf

Yeah, I know that. I'm just wondering why it was offering it to me in Adventure Mode. I was all excited that I was gonna get it early. :(

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Fi's pretty much the best character in the game for me right now, she's a spinning top of doom on the battlefield and can clear enemy forts in seconds, The Imprisoned got blown away too, since her special attack destroys all his toes at the same time, and there was plenty of trash mobs around to rebuild her special gauge to keep up the pressure.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Judge Tesla posted:

Fi's pretty much the best character in the game for me right now, she's a spinning top of doom on the battlefield and can clear enemy forts in seconds, The Imprisoned got blown away too, since her special attack destroys all his toes at the same time, and there was plenty of trash mobs around to rebuild her special gauge to keep up the pressure.

Her lightx5->strong can also take out almost all his toes (or at least one foot). You do have to be careful about the foot shockwave so I usually save my special for when he's doing the red shockwaves.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Some people have been posting info on the Master Quest DLC on tumblr. Zelda gets a Hilda skin, and Ruto gets one based on Lulu from Majora's Mask (the singer of the Zora band).

I also found Cia's origin.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've come to the startling realization that I like playing as every character in this game. They did a great job making everyone fun and unique. I thought Sheik was bad at first until I figured out how her combos/songs thing worked, and now she's really good. I still haven't figured out Agitha yet but flying around on a giant butterfly seems good enough for me.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Some people have been posting info on the Master Quest DLC on tumblr. Zelda gets a Hilda skin, and Ruto gets one based on Lulu from Majora's Mask (the singer of the Zora band).

Any pics yet?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mabels big day posted:

I've come to the startling realization that I like playing as every character in this game. They did a great job making everyone fun and unique. I thought Sheik was bad at first until I figured out how her combos/songs thing worked, and now she's really good. I still haven't figured out Agitha yet but flying around on a giant butterfly seems good enough for me.

Every time I get a new character or weapon I'm like "What the heck?! This sucks!" and then I play through like two full scenarios with them and they become my new favorite. I'm still in the first stage with Darunia.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Every time I get a new character or weapon I'm like "What the heck?! This sucks!" and then I play through like two full scenarios with them and they become my new favorite. I'm still in the first stage with Darunia.

Another thing that helps is buying all the combo badges. It makes a world of difference for a lot of weapons, like the Wind Waker and Midna.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mabels big day posted:

Another thing that helps is buying all the combo badges. It makes a world of difference for a lot of weapons, like the Wind Waker and Midna.

Yeah, actually, that explains why it's usually two levels. They kind of time out the material drops so that you get the intro Kokiri Sword badges just after recruiting somebody but need to wait until the next stage to advance much further.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bicyclops posted:

All the weapons needed to have a few combo strings unlocked to really click for me so far.

Also, Cia and Lana are basically Mary Sues and I am not sure how anyone else can think otherwise. Not that it is a bad thing; I think they kinda fit (Cias outfit notwithstanding) anyway, and it was a big silly crossover to begin with.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Unlucky7 posted:

All the weapons needed to have a few combo strings unlocked to really click for me so far.

Also, Cia and Lana are basically Mary Sues and I am not sure how anyone else can think otherwise. Not that it is a bad thing; I think they kinda fit (Cias outfit notwithstanding) anyway, and it was a big silly crossover to begin with.

Not really that shocking considering the game's developers, see Lu Bu, Cao Cao, Liu Bei and more for details. :v:

Mayheim
Jun 15, 2006

Rirse posted:

I saw people mention this when looking up how to cross the river to get Agiatha. Just refight a tile near where the ladder to get the game to respawn it.

Thank you, I got the ladder and managed to not screw it up this time.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I also found Cia's origin.

Amazing

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Impa should've gotten the triforce of power not lana imo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lessail posted:

Impa should've gotten the triforce of power not lana imo

Impa don't need no triforce to kick some rear end.

Also agreeing that that comic is great and is canon as far as I'm concerned.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Immortality would be a good benefit to the 'eternal bodyguard', though.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Rirse posted:

Since the DLC been out in Japan for a day, has it been shown what the other costumes you can get in the new adventure map are? Also wonder if the new map falls into the Quest 2 secrets.

Yeah, heres a few:

Lulu outfit for Ruto

Ghost Darmani for Darunia

Hilda costume for Zelda

Cia costume for Lana

Black outfit for Ghirahim

They're all pretty much just recolors, I think the actual major new skins/outfits will be coming with the big DLC packs

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Any pics yet?

Yeah, a few. I also found a few others.

Of course now I can't find the Hilda skin. :argh:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Are black Agitha and Ghirahim a reference to anything, or is it just for the sake of having a dark clothing option?

Ghost Darunia is entirely my poo poo, however.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I hope link gets a Ravio costume (LBW spoilers.) But that seems like it'd be more effort then some of those costumes. Or a LttP full upgrades costume.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
You know, for just being recolors, those are surprisingly good homages/recreations of the original character.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Oxyclean posted:

I hope link gets a Ravio costume (LBW spoilers.) But that seems like it'd be more effort then some of those costumes. Or a LttP full upgrades costume.

Well he does get a purple tunic (this miiverse guy is amazing by the way). The dark Darunia is based on some concept artwork I think.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 1, 2014

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Here's the Hilda skin.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dastardly posted:

Well he does get a purple tunic (this miiverse guy is amazing by the way). The dark Darunia is based on some concept artwork I think.

The incredible art people are capable of generating with just a WiiU touchpad never ceases to amaze me.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Oh cool! The ghost Darmani costume even has the scar on his stomach! Ravio-purple Link and Hilda Zelda are also amazing.

This DLC cannot come out soon enough.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I want an adventure mode map where all enemies and allies are cuccos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Regy Rusty posted:

I want an adventure mode map where all enemies and allies are cuccos.

"Attend the party of cuccos!"

Does that map square count?

• Locked thread