Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The GIG posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhIN5jkgH-o

Wizzro is ranged so so hopefully Omega Force has learned how to make range movesets that aren't either broken or trash garbage.

He looks really freakin sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargonovitch
Feb 23, 2008

I dunno how many years on this Earth I got left... I'm gonna get real WEIRD with it...
Really enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would, but if the next Zelda game's voice acting consists exclusively of Japanese girls awkwardly breathing air into a mic like this game, I might have a loving rage stroke. Lana is tons of fun to play as, but I want to mute my TV every time she shows up in a cutscene.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Gargonovitch posted:

Really enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would, but if the next Zelda game's voice acting consists exclusively of Japanese girls awkwardly breathing air into a mic like this game, I might have a loving rage stroke. Lana is tons of fun to play as, but I want to mute my TV every time she shows up in a cutscene.

When the 1.3 update drops you'll be able to turn off the boss entrance animations under options. I like them for the most part, but I'll probably end up temporarily turning them off when I get stuck on an adventure mode stage.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

THE loving MOON posted:

When the 1.3 update drops you'll be able to turn off the boss entrance animations under options. I like them for the most part, but I'll probably end up temporarily turning them off when I get stuck on an adventure mode stage.

At least we already have a "skip cutscene" feature.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The GIG posted:

Wizzro is ranged so so hopefully Omega Force has learned how to make range movesets that aren't either broken or trash garbage.
I thought Jia Chong's throwing axes were fun, do they count?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Gargonovitch posted:

Is there some reason Nintendo won't do voice acting, because this is kinda the game that really suffers from not having it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I don't get why they didn't do what they did for Midna in Twilight Princess, where she had voice acting but it was just backwards Japanese to represent it being Hylian or whatever.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I think Zelda should have voice acting, but of the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus/Midna/Animal Crossing sort. I feel it adds a lot to the game without having to deal with the issues of line delivery beyond the most basic emotional delivery of gibberish.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

alternatively make Zelda just like Kid Icarus

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Why can't I access this battle if it's already unlocked?

I desperately need the power bracelet to progress and have been stuck here for two days

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lobster Harmonica posted:

I desperately need the power bracelet to progress and have been stuck here for two days

I've got no clue, but that maps a dead end so completing it unlocks nothing. So you can just wait until another map with a power bracelet opens.

I've had a similar problem on a different map, the only difference is my locked one needs to be beat to unlock the map which has Agitha. Which is rather annoying.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I've got no clue, but that maps a dead end so completing it unlocks nothing. So you can just wait until another map with a power bracelet opens.

I've had a similar problem on a different map, the only difference is my locked one needs to be beat to unlock the map which has Agitha. Which is rather annoying.

drat, thanks. I keep hearing about people having that Agitha problem too

Jacque Pott
Nov 6, 2010

I think you need to clear a map in Legend mode to be able to play missions using that map in Adventure mode.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What's the largest amount of enemies you can kill with a single hit in this one, I think it was 160 in PW2.

Leaping Mutton
Feb 27, 2010

What could go wrong?
My nnid is LeapingMutton. I'm gonna go down the list on the first page and add people for friend bonuses on the Network Links.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Doing the same. Name: IAmSeanFace

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem
Name is Zorbear, gonna add everyone on the last two pages!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Bruceski posted:

It took me something like 15 attempts and I gained 20 levels (each time the issue was damage, not KOs or time, except one time I got KOs and damage but cleared it in 15:02)

I'm on that one now but the gauntlet is so ridiculously slow that I can't really avoid being hit!

Does anyone know which map square is Sheik's level 3 harp? I know you can go over them and see who it is, but when it's darkened out it's really hard to tell which one is Sheik. Plus what is it that the goddess harp does to butterflies? So you get a stone - what does that do? I'm sure the manual says it somewhere but I really cannot find it!

Taear fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Oct 2, 2014

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Using a harp reveals enemies on that square. If you tried to access the stage without using the harp, there'd be no enemies and thus no stage.

Also Shiek's L3 weapon is 2nd row, 2nd to last column.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I've been having trouble reaching Agitha too. It seems like every map square leading to her is locked, and it's getting frustrating. :(

I've beaten the Twilight Princess and OoT missions. We're doing the Skyward Sword ones just to make some actual progress in something. I just want my pretty bug princess...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Taear posted:

I'm on that one now but the gauntlet is so ridiculously slow that I can't really avoid being hit!

Does anyone know which map square is Sheik's level 3 harp? I know you can go over them and see who it is, but when it's darkened out it's really hard to tell which one is Sheik. Plus what is it that the goddess harp does to butterflies? So you get a stone - what does that do? I'm sure the manual says it somewhere but I really cannot find it!

It's near the very top of the map. Good luck with that though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I posted about this earlier - try switching the walking character to Ruto by entering another map as her and then quitting out. You can still play it as anyone if you just need the bracelet but I think it's a glitch where the game will only let Ruto enter.

I think that other map near Agitha may be similarly glitched but playing further in Legend mode fixed it (I didn't get in there until after unlocking Ganondorf. )

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

I posted about this earlier - try switching the walking character to Ruto by entering another map as her and then quitting out. You can still play it as anyone if you just need the bracelet but I think it's a glitch where the game will only let Ruto enter.

I think that other map near Agitha may be similarly glitched but playing further in Legend mode fixed it (I didn't get in there until after unlocking Ganondorf. )

Yeah, I noticed the A rank reward was for a character I hadn't unlocked. So i'm guessing that once I unlock that character i'll be ok.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yeah, I noticed the A rank reward was for a character I hadn't unlocked. So i'm guessing that once I unlock that character i'll be ok.

Nope that A rank reward is for one of the last two characters and you do not need them to play it.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Just looking at the adventure mode map constantly and discovering the secrets is filling me with nostalgia. I never did finish the 2nd quest of the original Zelda. I think I'm going to go do that sometime soon.

THE loving MOON posted:

Having my attacks interrupted by cutscenes irritates the piss out of me. :ssj:

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Locking on to an enemy before their cutscene triggers is pretty fun too. Is there an ETA for when the patch is released?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's near the very top of the map. Good luck with that though.

Any level I can control Sheik I'll be okay.
I'm baffled by people loving Ganon - his special attacks are too slow and you can get hit during them which means I'm never going to get an "A" on a stage where I can only play as him.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Just picked this up yesterday. Hopefully I'll have time to add everyone in the OP. My NNID is binpas.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

alternatively make Zelda just like Kid Icarus

make every game like Kid Icarus tia

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Ganondorf is amazing for the sheer amount of mooks he can destroy quickly, which is great for taking keeps asap. You have free choice of combos there since lesser baddies will let you do whatever you want. When fighting tougher enemies, the only combo you're really going to want to use if they're not stunned is YX which is relatively quick and pops them into the air so you can keep beating on them. YYX also does extremely good weak point damage, but I find it difficult to use on the fly. There's also the option of letting them expose their weak point and throwing bombs, which is good to keep in mind no matter who you're playing. Personally I love the dorf; killing everything in your vicinity in one combo is p goddamned fantastic.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Taear posted:

I'm baffled by people loving Ganon - his special attacks are too slow and you can get hit during them which means I'm never going to get an "A" on a stage where I can only play as him.

Good news, it's surrounded by really hard Ganon missions and needs A ranks to reach!

Why are stalfos or whatever the skyward sword darknuts such huge bastards? Early in the game I could clear them out but now late game they do that "get off me burst" every time I look at them. I once had one do it like 3 times in the row and I didn't even touch him, then he does his quick slash and the animation doesn't even have to finish before I take damage.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Taear posted:

Surprisingly true. I manged to nab Shiek's level 3 at Lv31, whereas with someone like Agitha I needed at least Lv70.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My problem with taking keeps is half the time I get to one there's nobody in there. There's a couple dozen guys I kill immediately doing about 1/5 the keeps damage and then wait for more to respawn. It takes forever. Anyone else have the same problem?

Also does anyone know if chest opening cut scene time is counted against your time?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

greatn posted:

My problem with taking keeps is half the time I get to one there's nobody in there. There's a couple dozen guys I kill immediately doing about 1/5 the keeps damage and then wait for more to respawn. It takes forever. Anyone else have the same problem?

Also does anyone know if chest opening cut scene time is counted against your time?

This is how it's supposed to work. A good tip is to lure more powerful enemies inside because killing them seems to take a bigger hit off the gauge. You can also make sure to bypass a bunch of mooks outside so they'll chase after you and you won't have to wait for respawns. But sometimes if you're going for an isolated keep you just have to accept that it's gonna take a bit of time to capture.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

How do the potions for drop rates work? Is like, for an entire level when you activate them or when they say that it will last for "one battle," do they mean "until you kill something that drops stuff?"

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Bicyclops posted:

How do the potions for drop rates work? Is like, for an entire level when you activate them or when they say that it will last for "one battle," do they mean "until you kill something that drops stuff?"

Unless I misunderstood, one battle is one full level.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Good news, it's surrounded by really hard Ganon missions and needs A ranks to reach!

Yep. I can't do them. I think I'm done with the game anyway now - most of what I have left to do is for characters that I really don't enjoy playing - which is basically everyone other than Sheik and Link!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Can someone give me a how-to-Zant and how-to-Ghirahim because they're really not clicking for me.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Taear posted:

Here is some Ganon advice - wait for the Link to the past DLC, which will be in the season 2 dlc pack next year. He will have his Trident, and will be a lot better.

The season 2 dlc pack, which will be announced this time next year, also includes a Skyward Sword pack with Groose, a Wind Waker pack, and a handheld Zelda pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Where are you getting that information?

• Locked thread