Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Bad Moon posted:

There's only one left :(

Are you forgetting Thea? She's still alive, and she's technically still a Queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The Lord Bude posted:

Are you forgetting Thea? She's still alive, and she's technically still a Queen.

Also baby Queen.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Also baby Queen.

I forgot about baby queen...Prince Queen?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Thea Queen was weak. :colbert:

Thea Queen is no more.

(And babby Queen is a Hawke, most likely)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

I forgot about baby queen...Prince Queen?

Connor Queen. :colbert:

Thea Queen you have failed the queens.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The Lord Bude posted:

She may as well be Thea Merlyn right now and it rules :black101:

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I hope Thea becomes a bullshit ninja between series so we can once again have a Killer Queen.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

dordreff posted:

I hope Thea becomes a bullshit ninja between series so we can once again have a Killer Queen.

The trailers have her doing training stuff with a sword, so presumably her subplot to begin with will be Malcolm teaching her how to be a badass.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Gaz-L posted:

The trailers have her doing training stuff with a sword, so presumably her subplot to begin with will be Malcolm teaching her how to be a badass.

"Theatricality and deception are powerful tools." *throws a spike heel like a shuriken*

I kid, this is gonna be awesome.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Nerd time!

Down as gently caress with Felicity being the new Oracle. I've been saying from the beginning that's where they were going.

It's called Mirakuru as a play on Miraclo, the drug Hourman uses to juice up for crimefightin'.

Laurel is most likely going to end up as Black Canary II so you might want to get comfy with that thought now to save yourself some trouble. I'm completely fine with it. Once they get Sara out of the regular rotation, she won't be so overshadowed.

The guy who plays Deadshot loving owns. The Harley cameo owned. Owns owns owns.

Finally, some fun trivia if no one caught it: Det. Lance's callsign was Delta Charlie Fifty-Two. DC 52. Shut up I felt clever when I noticed

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Chokes McGee posted:

Finally, some fun trivia if no one caught it: Det. Lance's callsign was Delta Charlie Fifty-Two. DC 52. Shut up I felt clever when I noticed

The number 52 has been showing up everywhere in everything DC has made for a few years now, I've stopped looking for them some time ago.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Chokes McGee posted:

It's called Mirakuru as a play on Miraclo, the drug Hourman uses to juice up for crimefightin'.

It's super explicitly, multiple times been said not to be.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
That's a silly thing for them to say when it's basically Venom, which itself is based on Miraclo. Like, why reinvent the wheel on that one? "It's a completely different drug with a name like miracle that has the exact same effects of another drug based on Miraclo".

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I still loving love the scene where Slade loving walks in to Laurel's apartment to tell her Oliver is the Arrow and then walks away with the swagger of a thousand suns. I don't know if anyone besides :argh: BARROWMAN :argh: will ever match him.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Chokes McGee posted:

Laurel is most likely going to end up as Black Canary II so you might want to get comfy with that thought now to save yourself some trouble. I'm completely fine with it. Once they get Sara out of the regular rotation, she won't be so overshadowed.

Yeah, Sara's the only character who could overshadow Laurel. Not ex-military Diggle and certainly not Oliver.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Speaking of which, we'd drat well better see Slade at least a couple of times this season.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

One of the smartest decisions Arrow has been making is finding ways to keep the main antagonists alive. Imagine the insanity of late seasons Buffy if all the Big Bads were still floating about - that potential is definitely here.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Narcissus1916 posted:

One of the smartest decisions Arrow has been making is finding ways to keep the main antagonists alive. Imagine the insanity of late seasons Buffy if all the Big Bads were still floating about - that potential is definitely here.

I think unleashing a giant snake demon on Glory would've been great. "She's ruining my town? Not on my watch, nosiree!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, Sara's the only character who could overshadow Laurel. Not ex-military Diggle and certainly not Oliver.

Yep, being less overshadowed means immediately being the star of the show. Not like there's an in-between or anything, no sir. It's all or nothing.

I'm just excited about the show and want to share it :smith:

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Yeah, I hate it when comic shows kill off villains left and right, it's sort of missing one of the silly tropes of being a comic-book show. Besides, once you kill off too many villains, what is left for your hero to do?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

imperialparadox posted:

Yeah, I hate it when comic shows kill off villains left and right, it's sort of missing one of the silly tropes of being a comic-book show. Besides, once you kill off too many villains, what is left for your hero to do?

And since Green Arrow doesn't have that that deep a bench of (good) villains to begin with it's partly a matter of keeping some alive and partly a matter of borrowing from the rest of DC (especially Batman).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

imperialparadox posted:

Uh which show did this?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If a comic book show did a bad thing it's usually Smallville.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

I just want to say again how glad I am that Arrow is not as bad as Smallville.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

If a comic book show did a bad thing it's usually Smallville.

You mean the only live action comic book show before Arrow that had more than one season? And the cartoons sure as poo poo didn't kill people off.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

You mean the only live action comic book show before Arrow that had more than one season? And the cartoons sure as poo poo didn't kill people off.

What about Tales from the crypt, Lois and Clark, Flash, Superman, Batman 66, Shazam, Spiderman, Hulk, and some I am forgetting?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

zoux posted:

uhhhh

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm squinting suspiciously at TftC, Flash had one season and the others are old. Was Lois and Clark even a superhero show?

Also how many characters did any of those shows kill off?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

I'm squinting suspiciously at TftC, Flash had one season and the others are old. Was Lois and Clark even a superhero show?

Also how many characters did any of those shows kill off?

Lois and Clark killed off Lex.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing, Mutant X, there are probably some more.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Lois and Clark killed off Lex.

OK.

Boogaleeboo posted:

Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing, Mutant X, there are probably some more.

Mutant X :what:

Any ways the point is there isn't some deep history of comic book shows that kill off tons of characters, probably Arrow has killed off more characters than all the others combined.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

imperialparadox posted:

Resurrect some of those villains, thereby fulfilling a silly trope of comic books?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

computer parts posted:

Resurrect some of those villains, thereby fulfilling a silly trope of comic books?

They basically did with Merlyn (with reasonable in-universe justification).

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

zoux posted:

Uh which show did this?

Some people had some examples, though honestly I should have said movies, since I was thinking about how Batman movies in particular kill of villains left and right. :v:

computer parts posted:

Hmm, good counterpoint.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

imperialparadox posted:

Some people had some examples, though honestly I should have said movies, since I was thinking about how Batman movies in particular kill of villains left and right. :v:
It's different when you're only telling a handful of stories though. If you've got 3-4 movies you can afford to kill off the rogues gallery.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

dreffen posted:

I just want to say again how glad I am that Arrow is not as bad as Smallville.

That sounds awfully like you're saying that Arrow is a bad show, but not as bad as Smallville.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Sober posted:

I still loving love the scene where Slade loving walks in to Laurel's apartment to tell her Oliver is the Arrow and then walks away with the swagger of a thousand suns. I don't know if anyone besides :argh: BARROWMAN :argh: will ever match him.
Slade gonna meet Barrowman in season 4, and it will be glorious. Production costs will go through the roof as all the sets get chewed to bits. Bank it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's different when you're only telling a handful of stories though. If you've got 3-4 movies you can afford to kill off the rogues gallery.

I disagree with this entirely. You close off so many narrative options when you kill off your villains. One of the coolest things that happens in the Batman films is Scarecrow making like a 2 minute appearance as a side job in a later movie. It makes the world feel bigger. Also, just because YOU are done working on a story, it doesn't mean the story is over if you are working in a shared universe.

I always think it is stupid when superhero movies kill off villains, unless it is an expected part of the story(Punisher).

To bring this back to Arrow, I was disappointed when we lost Vertigo and Shrapnel. In both cases it may be ok though as there is more than one Vertigo and Shrapnel was off screen so they have a loophole.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

zoux posted:

Mutant X :what:

It got three seasons and the only reason that it didn't get a fourth was the fact the company making it blew up. It was certainly popular enough to keep going, you have to give it that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't think it was based on a comic book, exactly.

• Locked thread