Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Just watch Cowboy Bebop ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh yes, that bastion of maturity:

but it's really deep you see it fits her character and the tone of the show because

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 234 days!)

gently caress this dumb poo poo. ITS MODFILE TIME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8puurcaS1E

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

but it's really deep you see it fits her character and the tone of the show because
:qq: the women are sexualized

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gary oldmans diary posted:

:qq: the women are sexualized

but it's mature and deep don't you get that?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

mind the walrus posted:

but it's mature and deep don't you get that?

balls deep, that is :heysexy:

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
What's goonier than liking Firefly is spergs falling all over themselves to be the guy who proclaims his distaste the loudest for it. lmao, entertains me every time.

Firefly was fun and good. I watched it on tv. Now I watch other shows that are on tv. OP seems way more obsessed with Firefly than me.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I really liked Firefly, and went into it certain that I would hate it

it's a good show

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Costello Jello posted:

What's goonier than liking Firefly is spergs falling all over themselves to be the guy who proclaims his distaste the loudest for it. lmao, entertains me every time.

Firefly was fun and good. I watched it on tv. Now I watch other shows that are on tv. OP seems way more obsessed with Firefly than me.

OP seems a bigger loser than me!

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

No you see it's super deep because it subtly tells you how real food is so hard to come by in this hard-fought space pastiche of the Reconstruction-era Southern US it has nothing to do with a pretty girl slowly swallowing something that looks like the head of a penis at all

I have actually read that in defense of the strawberry scene

I've seen the series in it's entirety 3 times and I never gave a second-thought to the strawberry event. Hardly noticed it happened. This penis head talk is making me look at it in a whole new light, and I'm not sure I like it. For one thing, my pants seem to be tighter.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Benedick Cuckold posted:

joss whedon ruined the Alien franchise by directing the shittiest movie in the series. then he blamed it on the writer

Let's make sure we put the hate in the proper place here. Joss was the writer, but Jean-Pierre Jeunet directed it. Why anyone thought getting the French Terry Gilliam to direct an Alien sequel was the right call is more confusing. I'd still rather watch that one than Alien 3.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Imagine if Firefly is rebooted. It will be like Futurama all over again, meaning it becomes bad. Let's keep Firefly the way it is.

also gas all autists starting with the OP

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
is this the thread where I can hop on the train to hate a popular thing? i loving love doing that.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

is this the thread where I can hop on the train to hate a popular thing? i loving love doing that.

popular shows don't generally get canceled before the first season has finished airing, so no

popular among morbidly obese comic book fans on the internet doesn't count

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Joss Wheaton was p. bad on Star Trek but he seems cool now

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Gallow posted:

Let's make sure we put the hate in the proper place here. Joss was the writer, but Jean-Pierre Jeunet directed it. Why anyone thought getting the French Terry Gilliam to direct an Alien sequel was the right call is more confusing. I'd still rather watch that one than Alien 3.

no, that's wrong. would it really be so difficult for you to doublecheck on wikipedia or something before you try to "correct" someone?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Rhymenoserous posted:

If you miss it don't worry, someone around here is bound to get angry at their tiny penis and make a new one soon, everyone knows the best way to form your identity is by telling everyone what you hate, not what you like

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Costello Jello posted:

You know what's even goonier? The fedora-tipping retards that proclaim themselves to be above such petty things as liking or disliking a show.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Who What Now posted:

You know what's even goonier? The fedora-tipping retards that proclaim themselves to be above such petty things as liking or disliking a show.

You know what? I watched the show. I liked it. I own the DVDs. I wore an orange knit Jayne cap to work and social functions. But now I watch and obsess over other television shows. It's no big deal. I wasn't ever that into Firefly, and now I couldn't care less about it. It's been years. I only play with my replica Wash plastic dinosaurs once every two weeks, tops. So yeah, people who are really into it still, unlike me, are pretty weird. But it's also pretty weird to be really not into it. Everyone should be more like me, a not-weirdo. Sure, I regularly employ prostitutes. But I don't tell them to roleplay as Inara anymore--I tell them to roleplay as my mother, like a normal person who isn't obsessed with pop culture trash.

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

mind the walrus posted:

One thing I never got about WOMEN ANIMES, why are their pants always un-zipped, or wearing skirts. Put some clothes on.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Who What Now posted:

You're really angry today, maybe chill out a little and relax

Tell us what's wrong?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Benedick Cuckold posted:

You know what? I watched the show. I liked it. I own the DVDs. I wore an orange knit Jayne cap to work and social functions. But now I watch and obsess over other television shows. It's no big deal. I wasn't ever that into Firefly, and now I couldn't care less about it. It's been years. I only play with my replica Wash plastic dinosaurs once every two weeks, tops. So yeah, people who are really into it still, unlike me, are pretty weird. But it's also pretty weird to be really not into it. Everyone should be more like me, a not-weirdo. Sure, I regularly employ prostitutes. But I don't tell them to roleplay as Inara anymore--I tell them to roleplay as my mother, like a normal person who isn't obsessed with pop culture trash.

This. But still wearing the cunning Jayne cap.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

OP seems a bigger loser than me!

Bigger than you? Wow, OP doesn't deserve that, let's keep this civil!

Who What Now posted:

No those guys own, and they thrive off defensiveness.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Why the hell were there horses in space

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Arian_Samurai posted:

They're space horses. Sporses

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Who What Now posted:

you know whats even goonier than that tho

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Arian_Samurai posted:

asking questions like this just encourages them to go on long winded rants we don't wanna read

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

redshirt posted:

Bring it. Joss Whedon is my Master now.

Red shirt, brown coat.

Black heart.

Arian_Samurai posted:

People still want ponies in the future. So they needed them in those planets so children could believably not get them for their birthdays.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dicky B posted:

you know whats even goonier than that tho

And you know what's even goonier than that tho?

It's goons all the way down. An ouroboros of goonyness,

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
space ship drama with hookers.

horses,

and bats

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Luvcow posted:

If you miss it don't worry, someone around here is bound to get angry at their tiny penis and make a new one soon, everyone knows the best way to form your identity is by telling everyone what you hate, not what you like

no, the best way to form your identity is to base it around the same dozen childrens tv shows and movies that every other fat nerd on the internet loves

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

no, the best way to form your identity is to base it around the same dozen childrens tv shows and movies that every other fat nerd on the internet loves

But I don't watch Star Trek, Firefly of WarHams :(

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

gnarlyhotep posted:

I really liked Firefly, and went into it certain that I would hate it

it's a good show

after like the fifth time a fellow nerd told me to watch it, this, too, happened to me

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the show was a whole bunch of tried and tested cliches so it was kinda fun. jane is like a combo of homer simpson and random tough guy #2.

7.5/10

you can close the thread now

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I never saw Firefly, and that's because of its fans.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

So many things I have not seen/done/played are because of the fans of those things.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 234 days!)

Lowtax posted:

"Soap Opera in Space from that guy who did that other show about the chick who chased vampires or whatever." You've missed nothing.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
ive never seen firefly but one of my friends who i really like and respect likes it and told me some about it, i bet its good and cool

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

Lowtax posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLFqeXm_5X4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
That Rygel muppet guy was pretty funny. Kinda bummed we'll never find out if Crichton makes it home though

• Locked thread