Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best part about the Patriots losing?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs win! 92 6.31%
Sad Brady 184 12.63%
Sad Belichick 167 11.46%
Sullen Belichick Press Conference 185 12.70%
Happy Alex Smith 106 7.28%
gently caress the Patriots 227 15.58%
gently caress New England 192 13.18%
PARMESAN BASIL HAS TO ADMIT ALEX SMITH IS THE ONE TRUE GOD 304 20.86%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Lions just cut Alex Henery after two weeks for his abysmal 3 missed FG in yesterdays game.

Also shocking no one, Matt Prater is in Detroit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Browns content with Billy Cundiff, close game losses

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
What do the Browns do with Hoyer if he keeps playing decent football, with that high pick spent on JFF?

Will he get an extension to eventually get benched for Manziel?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dubious posted:

What do the Browns do with Hoyer if he keeps playing decent football, with that high pick spent on JFF?

Keep him since he's on a rookie contract. Show him off in preseason and see if there are any takers.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Reading Peter King, it sounds like Rahm Emanuel really went to town to get the 2015 draft in Chicago. The obvious obvious choice was LA, at least before the NFL's crisis hit. You've got a massive sports media broadcasting presence and Hollywood star power that appeals to both the players and the ESPN/NFL executives with their overinflated egos. Goodell probably looked out and realized he needed a year to rally his base before continuing his march to global domination.

quote:

Talked to three people well-informed about the draft’s move from New York City to Chicago next spring, and all three said the same thing: Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel was the driving force behind Chicago’s bid. “He and the Chicago group were incredibly passionate,” said the league’s senior vice president of events, Peter O’Reilly. “He was huge in helping us re-imagine the event as not only the draft but a fan festival serving the entire Midwest. There are eight franchises within driving distance of Chicago.” I talked to Emanuel on Friday about why he was so intent on getting the draft for his city:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/10/06/nfl-week-5-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/7/

quote:

The MMQB: Are you concerned with the recent spate of domestic violence incidents in the NFL?
Emanuel: No, and here’s why: I am building the first new domestic violence shelter in the city in the last 10 years—100 beds. My whole career I have fought domestic violence, and we need to take it out of the darkness. The NFL is addressing it head-on, and we’re going to continue to do that too.

Hard hitting journalism.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like it. Chicago's a few hours from me and I might see if my friends are interested in going.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I never even went to the draft when I walk by Radio City every day. I can't imagine driving multiple hours to go.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Ozu posted:

I never even went to the draft when I walk by Radio City every day. I can't imagine driving multiple hours to go.

The Midwest is really boring tho

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lol rahm caring about domestic violence.

His city is turning into Mogadishu and he doesn't give a poo poo.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Also this. I follow the Chicago Tribune on twitter and every Sunday/Monday it just lists the 5-50 casualties of the weekend in one article to be efficient.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Those beds are all gonna get taken up by the tables he's stabbed over the years

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Dubious posted:

The owner drafted Manziel because a homeless guy sitting on the sidewalk told him to as he walked by.

:iiam:

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Hoyer is going to make the playoffs and I'm going to have to marry football fuckerman. drat toxxes.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dubious posted:

Wait and see if JFF can develop to above decent.

They have time, he is raw as gently caress.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I can't wait till Woody Johnson tries to trade for Manziel to sell PSL's next year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait and see if JFF can develop to above decent.

They have time, he is raw as gently caress.

Do your nostrils get all raw when you snort that much coke? Never done the poo poo myself.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I can't wait till Woody Johnson tries to trade for Manziel to sell PSL's next year.
If you don't want to see this then you're just no fun. :colbert:

JFF owns.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

If you don't want to see this then you're just no fun. :colbert:

JFF owns.

Whatever he owns at it's not at being a good NFL QB.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dubious posted:

Chickens before they hatch, and we will also cross that bridge when we get to it.

I will say the longer Manziel chills on the bench? The better.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I feel like every time I see the Rams lose, the announcers talk about how 'you can see the progress' of the 'young team', I wonder how many years they can keep recycling that before Jeff Fisher is finally fired

e: Fisher is 28-39 since 2009 btw

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

mcmagic posted:

Whatever he owns at it's not at being a good NFL QB.

As apparent from the games he's played in such as....

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Bruce Arians p. upset about the chop block on Calais Campbell

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/heat-index/2014/10/06/arians-chop-block-on-calais-campbell-is-dirtiest-play-ive-ever-seen/16800509/

Out for a month :negative:

Also Stanton did have a concussion, so he's probably out next week and if palmer's nerve thing isn't getting better, Logan Thomas gets his first start.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

davecrazy posted:

As apparent from the games he's played in such as....

You mean in losing the QB competition to Brian Hoyer by a mile?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Are people talking about trading a 1st round pick QB 1/3 of the way into his first season because the 29 year old stopgap QB is playing pretty well? it does not work like that

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

mcmagic posted:

Rookie QB loses training camp competition to veteran. JFF obviously a bust with no future in the NFL.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

davecrazy posted:

Rookie QB loses training camp competition to veteran. JFF obviously a bust with no future in the NFL.

Why are you responding to McMagic?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

mcmagic posted:

You mean Brian Hoyer who has turned the ball over 1 time?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

FWIW I love our 29 year old "Stopgap" QB. I hope he continues to do well.

It's been impressive to see what he's done with a couple of guys who are not "Elite" NFL receivers by any stretch of the word.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

davecrazy posted:

To be fair he's going to be a bust with no future in the NFL no matter how that QB competition ended up.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

FuzzySkinner posted:

FWIW I love our 29 year old "Stopgap" QB. I hope he continues to do well.

It's been impressive to see what he's done with a couple of guys who are not "Elite" NFL receivers by any stretch of the word.

That's the cue for people who haven't followed the Browns this year to tell you how awesome Jordan Cameron is

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Dirty blocking by the Broncos o-line? Color me shocked.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

davecrazy posted:

Brian Hoyer was absolute garbage in preseason. Manziel not being able to beat him out is troubling.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

football fuckerman posted:

That's the cue for people who haven't followed the Browns this year to tell you how awesome Jordan Cameron is

Cameron owns, but the dude is throwing to guys like Jim "Dr" Dray, Taylor Gabriel (ROOKIE UDFA), Travis Benjamin 5 foot 7 inch Andrew Hawkins, and Miles Austin (who is alright, but nothing special).

I do keep wondering how he would look with Josh Gordon.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

commy gun posted:

Brian Hoyer was absolute garbage in preseason. Manziel not being able to beat him out is troubling.

When's the last time a rookie won the job in preseason? Luck and RGIII, who had zero competition?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

commy gun posted:

A few people said Manziel was ready to go day 1, but he clearly was not. That didn't mean he was a lovely prospect. His bullshit was never going to translate to the NFL. But he's got impressive agility, and an ability to make a lot of different throws. He's going to take some time to learn to play in an NFL system, and of course, it's not going to come as naturally to him as it did at A&M. But it's not a big deal that he sucks right now. Next preseason, and the season after that will be more telling. If he's not making any progress, then it's time to get concerned. But I always saw him as more of a 3 year project than just a guy you can throw in and expect to get starting QB performance from week in and week out. But after that 3 years, he could be a lot better than some guys who are better than him right now.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

commy gun posted:

To be fair that was coming off of knee surgery

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

When's the last time a rookie won the job in preseason? Luck and RGIII, who had zero competition?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ahem.

Also you guys honestly don't see Hoyer getting Alex Smith'd in a year or two?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

TheChirurgeon posted:

N: As of right now (and until Washtington's game tonight), the NFC East, with a 12-7 record (.632), is the winningest division in football.

And yet, one team has given both the Cowboys and Eagles their only losses thus far.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I feel like every time I see the Rams lose, the announcers talk about how 'you can see the progress' of the 'young team', I wonder how many years they can keep recycling that before Jeff Fisher is finally fired

e: Fisher is 28-39 since 2009 btw

They'll fire him the offseason before they move to LA, obviously. Then the narrative can be a fresh start with a new coach in a new city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tannehill!

Who actually lost it until garrard was injured

• Locked thread