Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Sir Kodiak posted:

Hawkeye is boring as poo poo and paying to have Jeremy Renner appear would be the biggest waste of money since the time they blew the entire CGI budget for an episode on a shot of an airplane turning around.

What a shot though!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

They do kind of need to work on making Hawkeye not boring, though.

Comics hawkeye is awesome now :(.

The problem is comics hawkeye and movie hawkeye are pretty different characters. Comics hawkeye isn't some military special ops guy that happens to use arrows. He's kind of a bum that happens to be the best archer in the world. I can't really see the super-professional straightlaced government hitman guy in the MCU becoming the silly, lazy, snarky, somewhat rebellious against authority type that he's currently in the comics.

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 6, 2014

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Wolpertinger posted:

The problem is comics hawkeye and movie hawkeye are pretty different characters. Comics hawkeye isn't some military special ops guy that happens to use arrows. He's kind of a bum that happens to be the best archer in the world. I can't really see the super-professional straightlaced government hitman guy in the MCU becoming the silly, lazy, snarky, somewhat rebellious against authority type that he's currently in the comics.

Following SHEILD being disbanded he looses all faith in government organizations, becomes dispirited and eventually opens up more. He's film arc should be him becoming the comic character.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Its lose, as in, "you spell like a loser."

Wolpertinger posted:

Being a sad sack who gets beat up all the time really isn't all that awesome. He's different, and I think people mistake that for awesome and/or interesting.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

bobkatt013 posted:

Dog + Coffee + Brother + seriously, Bro

Bro, seriously. Pizza, bro.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Wolpertinger posted:

I mean the movies haven't really let him show his personality seeing how he was brainwashed through most of the Avengers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Being a sad sack who gets beat up all the time really isn't all that awesome. He's different, and I think people mistake that for awesome and/or interesting.

Yeah. The comic book is good, but it's not about how Hawkeye is good, or cool. It's about how he's a loser.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

When it comes to Simmons I really hope her conversion to HYDRA is legit. I mean, it'd be kind of really lovely for her still to be hung up on Fitz, who she was never really into that way. Plus it'd provide some actual drama.

e: Also the Evil Nazi Labcoats HYDRA sports are too cute.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

By the way did anyone read the way Creel started to change as little subtle references to Colossus, White Queen, and Iceman?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

By the way did anyone read the way Creel started to change as little subtle references to Colossus, White Queen, and Iceman?

I figured it was more of a Terminator 2 reference, honestly.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That company would get a lot of work.

I want to see the Thanoscopter in Avengers 3.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

The whole comic has a ton of charm, and adds a lot of personality to what was an incredibly bland character. While he's not 'awesome' in the 'awe inspiring' sense, he's a lot more interesting than the hypercompetent, overly perfect, always right heroes.

I'm biased though because it was pretty much the first comic I ever actually read more than a few pages of when someone last year pressured me into reading the latest runs of both Daredevil and Hawkeye.

So pumped for the Daredevil show on Netflix. (they better not gently caress it up)

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 6, 2014

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I always liked comic Hawkeye. Back in the mid-80s he would be a bit of a goofball, talking about his carny days and swapping between his trick arrows shtick and being occasional backup Giant-Man. He also defeated the Grandmaster during the first Contest of Champions by fast-talking him into reducing the whole contest down to a simple game of chance, then cheating to win.

So anyway, hope he gets some better characterization now he's not a mind-controlled drone. Not holding my breath to see him on this show though.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Hawkeye was the best thing in the avengers movie. I wish he'd get his own film.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I actually liked his smirky jabs in Thor.

"Do you want me to take him down, or would you rather send in more guys for him to beat up?"

"You better call it Coulson, 'cause I'm starting to root for this guy."

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

The Lord Bude posted:

I don't hate on Hawkeye like some people do, but how can you say he was the "best thing" when he wasn't even his own character for the first half, and was shooty-mcbow-man for the second? His action scenes were cool, but that's about it.

(I unabashedly love the Avengers, as well as this show, so my opinions may be biased)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The Lord Bude posted:

He was the best thing as the movie caused for Fractions Hawkeye to be greenlit and that comic is amazing.

Okay this looks bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's not even a good shot. He misses that jumping shot, the camera just cuts away to hide it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

EC posted:

I don't hate on Hawkeye like some people do, but how can you say he was the "best thing" when he wasn't even his own character for the first half, and was shooty-mcbow-man for the second? His action scenes were cool, but that's about it.

(I unabashedly love the Avengers, as well as this show, so my opinions may be biased)

Um, being Shooty McBowman is kind of Hawkeye's thing. He's just as dumb as Green Arrow, only he hashad a purple Wolverine mask. Also, he has no drug addict sidekick.

Having said that, Jeremy Renner was in Hansel and Gretel, he can't be that expensive.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Um, being Shooty McBowman is kind of Hawkeye's thing. He's just as dumb as Green Arrow, only he hashad a purple Wolverine mask. Also, he has no drug addict sidekick.

Having said that, Jeremy Renner was in Hansel and Gretel, he can't be that expensive.

Him being in Hansel in Gretel has nothing to do with anything. He signed a multi-picture deal with Disney. He's expensive.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Sure, but that's literally all they show of him during the movie. You don't even get the very basic "there's red in my ledger" type stuff from him like you do with Black Widow. Compared to every other Avenger he's super generic at this point. I hope it changes going forward, though.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

To be fair, Renner was pretty pissed off about not actually playing Hawkeye for most of Avengers as well.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Supposedly Joss promised him a much juicier part in Avengers 2.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's the only Avenger in all the leaked set photos of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

jng2058 posted:

To be fair, Renner was pretty pissed off about not actually playing Hawkeye for most of Avengers as well.

Aphrodite posted:

He's the only Avenger in all the leaked set photos of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

It might be that he's kind of got the spot Nick Fury had in the first Avengers movie. He's involved in/finds out about 'Plot bad thing' and throws up the A signal to get the team together, with the difference being that he's part of the team from the get-go, and not so much a supporting character or antagonist as last time.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

Robert Downey Jr mentioned twice he'd be down to do a cameo for AoS. This one wasn't even solicited.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I find it a bit funny not a week after Kyle Mclachlan comes onto this show, Twin Peaks comes back.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Bizarro Vision!!!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

A fun day for Simmons!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh my god.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

What a kawaii breakfast

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Oops, looks like Agents of Shield got preempted.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

A fun day for Simmons!

Simmons has become Mary Tyler Moore?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I wonder if the writers saw all the speculation of Simmons being a HYDRA agent last season and decided "Hey, let's do something with that."

Now to spend the next hour thinking about how HYDRA got a hold of her.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Marvel's Agents of That Girl

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

WHAAAAT HYDRA!?!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hmm, let's make sure we put a Hydra logo up!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I loved that intro. So groovy.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Jamesman posted:

I wonder if the writers saw all the speculation of Simmons being a HYDRA agent last season and decided "Hey, let's do something with that."

Now to spend the next hour thinking about how HYDRA got a hold of her.

Betting now that she is looking for a cure for Fitz.

Codependent Poster posted:

Company morale and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

They are planning to merchandise next
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNZove4OTtI

• Locked thread