Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Do you mean people selling their cards for real money? Because premium gold packs sure aren't the answer as usual. A little ashamed to admit I spent $10 on fifa points because I got such a good price on the game and I didn't get one player over 81.

Or is there a duplicating glitch like there seems to be every year

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
People spend hundreds on packs.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Paperback Writer posted:

Do you mean people selling their cards for real money? Because premium gold packs sure aren't the answer as usual. A little ashamed to admit I spent $10 on coins because I got such a good price on the game and I didn't get one player over 81.

Or is there a duplicating glitch like there seems to be every year

People buying coins with money or spending poo poo loads on fifa points. Look at Nepenthez on youtube, he has spent thousands upon thousands on fifa points this year and has a video showing him with the highest value club in the game. I'm pretty sure he said he now has every single gold player in the game excluding some in forms

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

And don't forget the Loan catalogue. Messi also came free for 5 games if you did the ultimate edition

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

People buying coins with money or spending poo poo loads on fifa points. Look at Nepenthez on youtube, he has spent thousands upon thousands on fifa points this year and has a video showing him with the highest value club in the game. I'm pretty sure he said he now has every single gold player in the game excluding some in forms

Some of the more prolific youtubers also get top cards from EA as the videos are good free publicity for them.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Raffles posted:

Some of the more prolific youtubers also get top cards from EA as the videos are good free publicity for them.

sounds like the big taff man should up his video game blogging and streaming ventures

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

sounds like the big taff man should up his video game blogging and streaming ventures

I think he's focussing more on becoming a TVIV superstar, people seem to think he's funny there? idgi.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Slow Friday, so I was on futhead just sorting by attributes, saw a couple interesting ones on top of certain categories

Pepe - Highest aggression rating lol

Falcao - Heading accuracy. I don't watch a lot of Monaco/Porto, is he really the world's most accurate header of the ball?

Rickie Lambert - Penalties, has he missed one yet?

Thomas Müller - Positioning, what else?

Yaya Toure - Highest total stats, barring his sluggish form at times this year, makes sense he's the most well-rounded

Highest shot power rating (99 on his IF) is some guy named Ronny from Hertha BSC in the Bundesliga. Never heard of him. Does he really kick harder than Ronaldo or Zlatan?

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

Highest shot power rating (99 on his IF) is some guy named Ronny from Hertha BSC in the Bundesliga. Never heard of him. Does he really kick harder than Ronaldo or Zlatan?

When EA do silver/bronze in forms they like to give them 1 ridiculous stat

edit: actually his regular card has like 96 shot power so yeah I guess he's the Adriano from PES days

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Lewis Price is an 84 about 6 months into my manager career.

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!
Man I am utter poo poo at this game. Been playing on semi-pro since I can manage 8-1 scores on amateur, but I just lost three straight to the TOTW on semi-pro, with Robben scoring a brace against me in each. That gif a few pages back of all the defenders just running around and falling down is totally me trying to stop anyone. Admittedly I haven't played any version of FIFA since World Cup 98, but still.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Oooph, that's pretty bad.

You should be able to walk through a defense on semi-pro every time.

Use manual switching, jockey and team contain.

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!
Yeah, turning on auto switching has resulted in me having random guys running into corners, but I need to just play a ton more I guess. It's a ton of fun.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Random highlights,

Gervinho assisting Palacio,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_MUKzW4jXo

Palacio has scored 4 hattricks for me now, the dude owns,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLUwVhToeMQ

David Luiz is a clown and scored the game winner, an own goal of course, thanks Luiz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPN9y36NiJM

Radu with a solid assist for Iturbe,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qoo5oSdE2Qo

My lovely Serie A fitness squad is really fun to play with.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
They ruined defending it's part of the reason Palacio is so good. Weak players can get past defenses too easily this year, push pull does nothing to them. You used to have to be skillful and smart for weak players to be really useful. As a testament to how weak players can just run through poo poo with the dumb dribbling and defending, I've seen Sau in teams about 15 times now and I saw him once all last year. Someone made the same comment last year about how they never saw Llorente until 14 when they hosed up headers. I don't know why they don't test multiplayer more thoroughly and let rear end in a top hat div 1 12 yr olds find all the exploits and problem points before they launch. Running at goal from kickoff is still a viable strategy even against people who know its coming. You just need a player with 85+ pace. I recieved a good xbox live message the other day that I just saw that sums up my experience "i hate this gme".

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 10, 2014

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Seltzer posted:

They ruined defending it's part of the reason Palacio is so good. Weak players can get past defenses too easily this year, push pull does nothing to them. You used to have to be skillful and smart for weak players to be really useful. As a testament to how weak players can just run through poo poo with the dumb dribbling and defending, I've seen Sau in teams about 15 times now and I saw him once all last year. Someone made the same comment last year about how they never saw Llorente until 14 when they hosed up headers. I don't know why they don't test multiplayer more thoroughly and let rear end in a top hat div 1 12 yr olds find all the exploits and problem points before they launch. Running at goal from kickoff is still a viable strategy even against people who know its coming. You just need a player with 85+ pace. I recieved a good xbox live message the other day that I just saw that sums up my experience "i hate this gme".

nice meltdown maybe you should correct someone's ultimate team about it haha

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Duncan Sperguson posted:

nice meltdown maybe you should correct someone's ultimate team about it haha

Post your squad I'll give you some tips.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
It's the Gold Box deal of the day at Amazon, 20% off, $48 in the states shipped if anyone still wants to buy Messi Sim 15 and hasn't.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=lp_8524...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Anyone on international duty likely to get an IF next week?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

sudo rm -rf posted:

Anyone on international duty likely to get an IF next week?
Most likely not, they usually stick to what the players do for their clubs in league play.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

TheBigAristotle posted:

Slow Friday, so I was on futhead just sorting by attributes, saw a couple interesting ones on top of certain categories

Falcao - Heading accuracy. I don't watch a lot of Monaco/Porto, is he really the world's most accurate header of the ball?

Welp

http://gfycat.com/AllGlamorousGuanaco

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

TheBigAristotle posted:

/\/\/\ Yeah, he's definitely one of the best headers of the ball, if not the best. His accuracy and especially jump timing have been unbelievable.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Some quick questions from someone new to UT:

Do substitutions count as a used contract?

How much fitness should I be worried about a player's fitness level pre-game? And is it more efficient to apply a +fitness booster or just sub him for another player?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

im gay posted:

Some quick questions from someone new to UT:

Do substitutions count as a used contract?

Yes

quote:

How much fitness should I be worried about a player's fitness level pre-game? And is it more efficient to apply a +fitness booster or just sub him for another player?

Like 80 I guess, I think tired players are more prone to injury. Don't waste your money on fitness cards though, make an investment in another cheap squad and make your primary squad substitutes and they'll be rested after you play a game.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Tzen posted:

Palacio has scored 4 hattricks for me now, the dude owns,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLUwVhToeMQ

I've had him carve me up a couple times now. I guess I'll have to try him out.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

blue footed boobie posted:

I've had him carve me up a couple times now. I guess I'll have to try him out.

I just wish I could have his hair cut in pro clubs

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Palacio good.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I thought this was going to drop in :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9yo0uhxCsc

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Nobody will help my keeper get the ball. It's been going on for 15 minutes.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Man, I can't win an online match to save my life. poo poo is depressing, yo.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

EA™ Sports New ReActive® Goalie AI™

http://i.imgur.com/W7DN84W.gifv

yo lowtax get this gifv poo poo supported

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Pleads posted:

EA™ Sports New ReActive® Goalie AI™

http://i.imgur.com/W7DN84W.gifv

yo lowtax get this gifv poo poo supported

Yeah they are SHOCKINGLY bad sometimes. The whole defense in general is broken and they won't fix it until next year... too much coding effort for this window.. chalk it up as a work in progress for next season.

We will get our every other month update that fixes minor issues that are easy to code and of course mainly focus on UT.

Fuckin' EA.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

T Bowl posted:

We will get our every other month update that fixes minor issues that are easy to code and of course mainly focus on UT.
I'd be happy if they'd just add Niko Kranjcar to the game but apparently that's too hard or something.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

im gay posted:

Nobody will help my keeper get the ball. It's been going on for 15 minutes.

Ha, I had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday. Luckily it happened in the 43rd minute and it was fixed after half time. Pretty funny to watch your player run repeatedly into those boards trying to get the ball. Well, for 5 seconds at least.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Tzen posted:

My lovely Serie A fitness squad is really fun to play with.

Could you please post it please? Since I've been focusing on Serie A last few years I'm always open to discover new players from Serie A. For example, I barely used Hamsik on 14 but on 15 is my main CAM or Hernanes being an insanely good FK taker (I always try to have on my starting 11 Hernanes, Honda or Pirlo).

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
I started playing an offline career with Nottingham Forrest. Got them up to the prem and am now trying to stay up with Ben Yedder as my striker and loving hot garbage everywhere else.

It's tough on WC and straight impossible on Legendary. Fricking fun though. :)

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My FUT games always default to Amateur difficulty so when I rush I end up with some piss boring 12-0 game vs.

Also what are contracts for? Extending loans?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

julian assflange posted:

My FUT games always default to Amateur difficulty so when I rush I end up with some piss boring 12-0 game vs.

No, all your players get a certain amount of games then they need a new contract. Once your loan games are up that player is gone, there are no extensions.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

julian assflange posted:

The FUT games go up in difficulty as you go up in seasons level/higher level tournaments. You can check the difficulty for each game in a single player season if you look at the fixture list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

inSTAALed posted:

The FUT games go up in difficulty as you go up in seasons level/higher level tournaments. You can check the difficulty for each game in a single player season if you look at the fixture list.

Just saw this when starting a new league thanks

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

No, all your players get a certain amount of games then they need a new contract. Once your loan games are up that player is gone, there are no extensions.

Oh ok this makes more sense so I better hold on to my coins basically

• Locked thread