Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Well, never thought I'd see a pig roast on Whose Line

I was wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I like to think Colin genuinely doesn't know what Bitcoin is so he decided to cover for his confusion.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Someone in the @Midnight thread dropped how wonderful it would be to have an all-Whose Line panel for a show. That would be so top-notch, I wish it were possible.

terrordactle
Sep 30, 2013
Is it just me, or is this one of the best episodes ever? I usually don't like the musical segments, but both were some of the funniest bits ever made.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Please give this to Sting.....:confused: "

e: Hahaha holy poo poo, Ryan's contribution to the Hoedown :stare: :lol:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jun 17, 2014

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I had no idea this was back until yesterday! Watched through them all on the CW's site, and this season is gold.

Greg Proops, and Hoedown :allears: Seems they've listened to complaints and there seems to be more of the classic games (and less of that weird "lying down" one which would be a lot better without the weird "TV/Film styles" changes).

Though is it me, or has "Greatest Hits" been cut drastically these newer seasons? I feel like they only contain like 2 songs.

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
All of the games that are merely excuses for Wayne to sing a not-actually-improvised motown version of something to the CW show "star" of the week or to shove ketchup into Ryan's mouth are complete garbage. The show is best when the performers/the host are trying to mess each other up (ex Questions only, Hollywood director, Showstopping number, If you know what I mean, Number of words) or they have to guess based on clues from the others (ex Make a date, Party quirks, Newsflash).

Even Scenes from a hat always turns into the same 'things you can say about your <noun> but not your girlfriend'.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

I keep waiting, and waiting, and waiting, for a repeat of pre-return WLiiA.

"No one wants those eggs." (massive studio applause)

That one slayed me. I want it back again.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

wukkar posted:

All of the games that are merely excuses for Wayne to sing a not-actually-improvised motown version of something to the CW show "star" of the week

Really? You think they aren't actually improvised? I'm sure Wayne would be flattered.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Some Wayne freestylin'.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Just watched last week's episode, and they did a proper Greatest Hits! :toot: Felt like very classic Whose Line, there was even a "Like _____, the points don't mean a thing!" joke at the beginning.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Glad to see Brad back on recently. That was his first time on this version, wasn't it?

Mr. Boogie
Apr 1, 2013

Is a meat patty something or nothing?
So I've been embarrassingly behind on the show lately but have finally been catching up, and I have to say I've been really enjoying this season. There's definitely been some better variety in the games, where as last season I swear it was the same four or five games played every single week. The fact that we got Hoedown and Irish Drinking Song both back feels so good.

Still, I wish they could stop relying on the guests as much, and seriously, enough with god drat Helping Hands already. It seems to be played practically every single time there's a guest, and it's the exact same joke every time. Could we try incorporating the guests into some other games that aren't Helping Hands, Dubbing or Living Scenery?

Also, new episode tonight!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Mr. Boogie posted:

Also, new episode tonight!

Ooh, thanks for the heads up! I was assuming the season was over.

(Ugh, the special guest is a Spice Girl, though.)

Mr. Boogie
Apr 1, 2013

thexerox123 posted:

Ooh, thanks for the heads up! I was assuming the season was over.

From what I understand it's a full 24 episode season, so we have 10 more left, though I'm not clear on if there's gonna be a major break at any point or if we're just going straight through to the fall.

EDIT: Apparently the show has been renewed for Season 3 (11?) which will air in the fall, so I'm guessing the next 10 will air uninterrupted, and then we'll go straight into the new season? Awesome.

Mr. Boogie fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 15, 2014

Mr. Boogie
Apr 1, 2013

Oh god that was one of the best Scenes from a Hat in recent memory. Colin's Thor joke had me dying.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Byamba was the only good special guest so far. Dude looked like he was having a blast instead of just being awkward.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus Christ, I am so tired of "Things you can say about ____________, but not your partner". It's like this season's Sideways Scene. Do the showrunners not realize the point of an improv show is to not do the same thing every time? I mean the comedians give different answers every time, but still, it makes the episodes seem less unique when the same game with the same topic is played on almost every episode of the season.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

That may have been the best Duet the show has ever had. Not just this season, any season.

Mr. Boogie
Apr 1, 2013

You know, I really love that they're doing Scenes from a Hat so much in the new series, because it's probably my favorite game and allows for the most variety where as some games basically are the same joke every time, but Aisha really needs to move on to the next suggestion faster. That or the editors need to pick only the best suggestions, I'm not sure how it was done in the original series. In the original series, most suggestions would only get 3 or 4 responses, sometimes even only one. But now, some suggestions just go on and on to the point where there's only 3 or 4 for the entire game. I was just watching last week's episode, and "Things you can say about a movie but not your partner" went on for about half the length of the entire game. I love the rapid fire nature of SFAH in the old series, and it's still almost as great now, but I just wish we could squeeze more in to each game rather than letting jokes go on for way too long. And yeah, as someone said, we need to quit with the "Things you can say about x but not your partner." It can be funny, but not when used in every single Scenes from a Hat. But I guess the audience is partially to blame for that.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Jeff Davis may do my favorite Walken impression.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

This show is so much better without celebrity guests sucking airtime.

"ohhhhh 'i didn't want to come'"

Classic Whose Line.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

hiddenriverninja posted:

"ohhhhh 'i didn't want to come'"

For this line/delayed effect alone, this might be my favorite episode of the latest Whose Line

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Flint Ironstag posted:

For this line/delayed effect alone, this might be my favorite episode of the latest Whose Line

Yeah, I laughed harder at that than just about any other joke on Whose Line.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

That, plus the 'oh its sooo easy to just hit the buzzer!' gag, plus Ryan's penis being pulled out by Colin thread through his legs into his rear end and out his mouth, plus whatever it was that Jeff was doing, plus Sand In My Crack the Opera, plus no guest starts made this not only the best episode so far of the new series, but right up there with the classic episodes of the original

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Goddamn. That was the best Let's Make a Date in a long time. I can't believe Ryan got two rows of the audience to act like penguins

Edit:
Newsflash!

HOEDOWN!!!

Holy poo poo that SFOA

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 19, 2014

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Kloaked00 posted:

Holy poo poo that SFOA

That was amazing camerawork.

edit: Apparently that was the season finale, a new 24 episode 11th season will air in 2015!

Weaponized Autism fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 19, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh dear god, that Newsflash :barf:

Let's Make A Date was amazing too. Ryan using audience members as penguins :lol:

e: Hahaha holy gently caress, that "Jobs you wouldn't do sexually" part of SFAH had me laughing uncontrollably :allears:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 19, 2014

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

Based on that SFAH segment I'm pretty sure everyone did shots before the show. It was pretty spectacular.

Also I think Jeff Davis is fitting in nicely as a regular rotation member. His Keanu impersonation was great.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

What was with the empty chairs during the first game? Did they have to use takes from rehearsal or something?

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

Kazy posted:

What was with the empty chairs during the first game? Did they have to use takes from rehearsal or something?

You mean when Ryan took the first two rows on the side to make his penguin line?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

That camera bit was unexpected and great.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
No special guest again and another fantastic episode. I think they're learning.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Dingleberry2 posted:

You mean when Ryan took the first two rows on the side to make his penguin line?

Oh how did I miss that :ohdear: Shows what I get for multitasking while watching :argh:

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
That episode was glorious.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Man, I can't help but feel that either the cast are getting more creative than in the Drew Carey version, or the producers are letting them get away with more. Either way, it's great. Penguin conga line. :allears:

Wezzo
Sep 15, 2007
Rated PG

Tailored Sauce posted:

Apparently that was the season finale, a new 24 episode 11th season will air in 2015!

Really? I thought this season was supposed to be 24 episodes too. :(

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

thexerox123 posted:

Really? You think they aren't actually improvised? I'm sure Wayne would be flattered.

They gave him the topics of the songs ahead of time in the last Whose Line run, so he could be as good with his lyrics as he could be. Why not continue the tradition with this reiteration?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This show's been back for two weeks apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I watched the last couple episodes and they weren't especially funny. They need something to shake the show up because it's just kind of stagnant now, I think.

• Locked thread