Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Zegasi

Rad grenades would be useful, but unfortunately Zegasi had not the skill to reliably use them himself. "Who might be interested in using these? One of the few drawbacks of my telekinesis is that there exists little strength to it - paramount when throwing grenades. Particularly radiation grenades." He unholstered the bolter from his hip. "At least it does not diminish my ability to use firearms."

I'm casting Warptime, then Precision Telekinesis, at Fettered until they succeed. If need be I can always drop the latter, as Warptime only requires a free action to sustain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ariston the Hekatonkheir

"I will make good use of them," Ariston said, accepting the offered grenades from the sorcerer. "Even Nurgle's chosen are seldom immune to radiation's scourging touch."

And if anyone else wants one feel free.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gozer

Gozer smiles under his respirator as Victus takes the axe from his Khorne blessed appendage. "Kill well, but don't spill too much blood, it's best to save that blood for later. Let me give you some final aid." He reaches into the pile of corpse blood, and begins to trace daemon runes onto his axe, using the blood and runes to draw out the hunger of such creatures of the warp.

Going to try and use my rune of slaughter on the axe before giving it to Victus, assuming that we have at least the 8 minutes for me to do the ritual. The DC should be 96-10(test DC)+10 (Khorne runes)=106. Not going to count eight minutes used for the ritual as using sacred numbers, as it's my own minimum.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth eyed Ariston with suspicion and wondered what sort of imagined wrong his kind had done to him in the past.

"Indeed. I'll provide suppressing fire until they make it across the ramp. -If- they make it across the ramp, of course."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Before the Rust Wave separates itself from the Dead Shark to circulate around the wreck again, Gozer blood-carves temporary runes around his unpowered power axe, before giving it to the Renegade.

(Victus, the power axe is kinda broken so for now treat it as regular axe, as a free action though, you can activate the rune and the weapon gains Tearing for 4 turns!)

Finally the Rust Wave departs, carrying Gozer, Erika and the non-combatant castaways necessary to work the scavenger ship.

Gozer and Erika, exactly where they were a few hours ago.

It's not exactly difficult to circle the ship around the Imperial wreck and stop at the same spot the original battle happened, where one of the augur towers of the voidship is hanging low enough for the two Heretics to climb in it. Gozer's mechanical frame and his grotesque Hand of Khorne make it difficult to climb both the tower and the hull, but thankfully the more dexterous Erika helps the Heretek not to fall off to his death, either by drowning or eaten by vicious sharks.

You two eventually find the place Lucius, Vatra and Bazroth told you about, a hole in the hull bitten off by some kind of terrible warp monster, forcing the crimson light of the skies deep into the ship. With a final ledge climb up, you're in a storage room where obvious signs of battle happened. You have in the area around you the rotting bodies of a prisoner, a servitor and three lowly techpriests. The bodies of the techpriests all have serious physical damage in them, with several mechanical components smashed, twisted or torn apart. (Whatever sort of test involving the techpriests body will have a -40 penalty to it.)

More curiously, an amateurish blood ritual circle is present on the location, near the techpriests corpses.

(You can try a -10 Forbidden Lore (Daemonology) if you want to know more about this.)

Everyone else, at the Dead Shark

There are a few tense minutes as the Heretics and their castaways allies position themselves around the upcoming battle area, with Vatra taking a nice safe position in a cabin with a good view of whats to come. Victus walks down the boarding ramp and buries himself down the pile of bodies. Warp lightning crackles around Zegasi as he channels the forces of the Empyrean to aid him in the fight against Plaga.

It doesn't take long before you hear heavy running noises coming from the hole, and a particular earth-shaking one. Finally a large mob of armed nurglite scavengers comes pouring out of the wreck, two mutated and deformed Ogryns surrounding the formation, wearing minimum armor but carrying massive, dangerous rebar clubs. They look like they swing these things with disturbing ease.

Following in behind with ponderous heavy steps, is the figure of simply the biggest Plague Marine any of the Heretics have ever seen, a massive legion heavy bolter in his hands.

Plaga looks to have received some gift from the Lord of Decay himself, because he easily towers over any of the Heretics present. His own Mark 5 power armor, warp twisted and corrupted as it is, looks tasked to contain his enormous body. Slime, maggots and toxic oozes all leak from pores in his body, flies orbiting around him. The castaways have a very different look around their precious Father than the ones the Heretics fought just awhile ago, they look much more determined, vicious and dangerous.

The Plague Marine understands everything immediately, seeing the Heretics above on his ship. A massive thunderous voice emanates from his helmet's vox channel, surprisingly calm. "Impressive. A masterstroke of deceit and strategy. It will not save you. You all should have ran when you could. You hurt my precious children and now you must pray the price, and with a final lesson, learn the true power of the Master of All!"

Light Green is a 30/30 Horde (+30 to Hit due to Horde)
Green are the Plague Ogryns (+10 to Hit due to Size)
Dark Green is Plaga (+20 to Hit due to Size)

INITIATIVE

8 Plaga
8 Plague Ogryns
7 Nurglite Castaways
4 Heretics Castaways

Lets roll some goddamn Initiative!

Victus you can roll your Stealth test now, and I'll then roll Plaga's Awareness.

frajaq fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 7, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gozer

Sweat runs down Gozer's face and soaks his robes. Sweat is nothing knew to him, the heat in the greatest forges he's worked have been immense, it's just all the physical work involved. Gozer quickly get to work inspecting the bodies of the dead tech-priest. One body he finds too destroyed for even him to salvage, but the other two contain something worth taking.

Before digging into them however, he looks at that summoning circle, crude though it may be.

First tech use test: 66 (int)+20(tech use)+10(combitool)+10(utility mechadendrite)-40(Test)=TN of 66

<Headless_Werix> 3d100 TN 66
<Hashutbot> Headless_Werix, TN 66: 166 [3d100=54,89,23]

Failed one, and secured two. To the extent that DoS matter, my unnatural intelligence from my cerebral implants gives two bonus DoS.

The other test for the circle is TN of 106=66+30(FL daemonology)+20(best quality cranial on lore and logic tests)-10(test)

<Headless_Werix> 1d100 TN of 106
<Hashutbot> Headless_Werix, TN of 106: 39 [1d100=39] 8 DoS going the old way 9 the DH 2.0 way?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ariston the Hekatonkheir

Ariston had made one final preparation for the battle with Plaga. The heads of the crew that he had slain (from both the Rust Wave and Dead Shark) made meager trophies compared to those he had won before his betrayal, but they would suffice until he found something more worthy to replace them. The eyeless head of the wyrd sat at the top looking out over the battlefield, mouth set in a silent scream.

"The Master of All is the master of nothing but pawns who think themselves princes and mewling whelps hiding behind his diseased legs, too afraid to face oblivion without cowering!," Ariston shouted in reply from behind the makeshift barricades, staring down the advancing horde. "But do not mourn your children, plaguebringer...I will reunite you with them soon enough!"

Initiative = 13

One of the items Ariston started play with that frajaq didn't say got taken away or destroyed is a Trophy Rack, which gives me +10 Intimidate, gives people a -5 penalty to Weapon Skill attacks against me, and penalizes my Stealth by -10, but this isn't exactly a stealth moment here so gently caress it, every little bit counts.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

If Lucius was still capable of giving dirty looks, Ariston's comment would certainly have earned one. But sadly, his eyes being on stalks meant that the attempt was futile, as he had long ago learned. Instead, the nurglite made it a point to stand tall and shout his own greeting to Plaga, the skin of the Rust Wave's commander still adorning him like a costume.

"In death, your children are a breeding ground for plague gods other children. Rejoice, for we have brought them closer to the father. Now it is your turn!"

Lucius jabs the drug injector into his thigh and presses the button, flooding his veins with power.

Init = 7
<FireSight> 1d10+6
<Hashutbot> FireSight, 1d10+6: 7 [1d10=1]

+5 Unnatural Strength and Toughness for 9 rounds

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 11, 2014

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Zegasi

My my...this was not terribly different than fighting enemies of the Imperium, back when Zegasi was still a loyalist. Was. But unlike the xenos he was used to, these heretics spoke the same language as the sorcerer. "Come now, Plaga, that is not how you handle a bolter! I have seen better technique from the Space Wolves - the Imperium's own armored dogs, ha!" And as for more military matters...

"Suppress all targets - limit the enemies' options! Barring that, prioritize ranged attackers!" As if to make the first move, the bolter beside his head spat fire towards the Nurglites.

Initiative: 1d10+6 10 Yay for being a psyker, it gets me various fancy powers.

If we're also declaring actions then Zegasi will be making a Semi-Auto Burst against the horde at TN 105. (65 base +10 Short Range +30 size) I'd practice what I preached but sustaining Precision TK eats a half action, and Suppressing Fire requires a full action.

Also - just to clarify for later - does "[five] uses of either its Force weapon quality ... before it completely overloads ..." refer to individual hits with the Force Staff, or individual attack actions? I'm fine with either, there's just a bit of a distinction for Swift/Lightning Attacks.

pre:
WS     BS     S      T      Ag     Int    Per    WP     Fel
60     25   40[+20]  40     45     50     40     65     35

Wounds: 18/18    Infamy: 0/1    Fatigue: 0    Initiative: 1d10+6
Movement: 7/14/21/42

Temporary Effects: Precision TK (PR 2), Unnatural WS/BS/Ag +2, -1 PR

SB: 10  TB: 8
Awareness: 50 Sight/Sound, 40 Else
Dodge: 45
Parry: 70
Armor: 0 Head, 8 Arms/Body/Legs.

Relevant Skills: Athletics, Awareness, Common Lore (War), Dodge,
Parry, Psyniscience +10

Relevant Talents: Ambidextrous, Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight),
Legion Weapon Training, Lightning Attack, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw,
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison), Swift Attack, Unarmed Warrior

Relevant Traits: Amphibious, Psy Rating 4, Unnatural Strength/Toughness +4

Psychic Powers: Doombolt, Mind Over Matter, Precognition, Precognitive Dodge,
Precognitive Strike, Precision Telekinesis, Warptime

Weapons:
Legion Bolter (Basic; 100m; S/3/-; 1d10+9X; Pen 4; Ammo 24; Rld Full; Tearing)
Legion Combat Knife (Melee; 1d10+10R; Pen 2)
Legion Chainsword (Melee; 1d10+13R; Pen 3; Tearing, Balanced)
Legion Bolt Pistol (Basic; 30m; S/-/-; 1d10+9X; Pen 5; Ammo 8; Rld Full; Warp Weapon, Blast (2), Poor Quality
  Loaded with Tzeentchian Inferno Bolts, Warp Weapon does not function against non-living targets.
Force Staff (Melee; 1d10+14I; Pen 4; Balanced, Force)
  4/5 "charges" left.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 7, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

The weight of age and his preference for duplicity and slow corruption made Bazroth's actions slow, but deliberate.

"Let's make that ramp a slaughterhouse."

BS 30 - 20 Suppressive Fire = TN 10. Suppressing the bridge, forcing a -10 Pinning Test to anyone on it.
Initiative - Agi4: 1d10+4 5

pre:
     WS   BS   S      T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
     50   30  (8)40 (8)40  40   50   30   50   60    15, 1/1 IP

Wounds: 16/19         Armour: 8 Body and Legs
Dodge: 40, Parry 60      Corruption: 10

Legion Bolt pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+9X    Pen.4  8/8  Full Reload | Tearing | Scavenged
Accursed Crozius    Melee —      2d10+14E   Pen.7       Balanced, Concussive (when 2h'd)
							Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:
Heightened Hearing/Sight, Quick Draw
Melee Opponents may not take Defensive Stance actions. 

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Erika the Red

Glancing at the ritual circle, Erika frowns slightly. "Do you know what these idiots were doing?"

Certain that Gozer has the Tech-Priest's corpses well in hand, Erika occupies herself by rifling through the pockets of corpses and checking around the room, hoping to find weaponry, ammunition, or anything else of value that the others might have missed when they killed their way through here earlier.

Awareness vs 41: 84

Welp. If there is anything actually hidden here, I sure as hell don't see it.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Stealth Test! I'm dreading it. Let me know what modifiers you'll put into it for me being in a pile of dead bodies and all of my Chaos bros causing a rather loud distraction. Rolling... 38 vs. Base 60. That's at least 3 DoS, according to the new DH rules.

Initiative Roll: 10?. Miserable, but still higher than our opponents (in other words, I can live with that).

Hiding under a pile of dead bodies certainly takes Victus back. Using corpses as part of a ruse was a trick he learned as a child to escape the adults or take them by surprise. Stupidly, the villages would send adults one-by-one to hunt him down thinking themselves superior to a child, only to be cut down. Except back then, he used their bodies as a distraction by leaving valuables on them to distract their attention when he fell on them. Sometimes he used the corpses of animals to hide in to take them by surprise as well.

Either way, he hoped to achieve the same result here. Even so, the situation was not remotely near what he experience in his childhood. Then, they sent one normal adult after him at a time, maybe two. Here, they had two humans that were as tall as two men, a stinking plague lord, and a horde of mewling men eager to seek favor.

Hiding was definitely the best option here.

Victus would stay put and wait for the plan to be put in motion. Charging out now would get him smashed and torn to pieces. Once the horde was thinned out, the ogryn weakened, and Plaga distracted... Then he would show them the error of their ignorance.

That Heavy Bolter though... he hoped his allies could thin out the horde and the Ogryn quickly. The longer Plaga was allowed to fire that monstrosity, the worse it would be for them. Victus was not eager to buy a reprieve in its report with his life, though he knew that getting in Plaga's face would prevent him from using it.

He also knew, of course, to attack now would be suicide.

Again, he stayed still and silent, watching the battle from under the stink of fools.

pre:
58     28     45     35     60     27     40     33     30

Wounds: 5/14    Infamy: 1/1    Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+8
Movement: 6/12/36/36

SB: 4  TB: 3
Awareness: 40
Dodge: 70
Parry: 58 (Poor Quality Power Sword, but Balanced!)

Armour: Body 6, all else 4

Weapons: 
Poor Quality Human Power Sword (-10 to WS checks using it) 1d10+9 (+5 base, +4 ST) Pen 5, Power Field, Balanced)

Special Abilities:

Noteworthy combat traits: 
Adroit (+1 DoS on all WS checks)
Quick and the Dead (+2 to Initiative)

Combat talents:
Jaded, Quick Draw, Rapid Reload, Sure Strike, Disarm, Ambidextrous, Swift Attack, 
Precise Blow, Hard Target, Preternatural Speed, Two-Weapon Wielder, Blade Dancer, Step Aside.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Opifex

Opifex shoots Plaga with his gun.

Half action aim, half action standard attack to shoot Plaga with the multi-melta. 45 (BS) +10 (aim) +10 (standard attack) +20 (size) = TN 85. Activating Weapon Tech for this round, increasing damage to 2d10+24 and penetration to 20.
Initiative=13.

pre:
45     45   30[40]   55     40     66    30[50]  45     28

Wounds: 18/18    Infamy: 1/2    Fatigue Level: 0  
Movement: 5/10/15/30

SB: 8  TB: 9
Awareness: 50
Dodge: 40
Parry: 45 (mechatendril)

Armour: All 6

Weapons: 
Fallen Magos Power Axe: Two-handed melee: 2d10+4E; Pen 6; Power Field, Unbalanced
Legion Bolter: Basic; 100m; S/3/-; 1d10+9X; Pen 4; Ammo: 24/24; Tearing
Multi-melta: Heavy; 60m; S/-/-; 2d10+16E; Pen 12; Ammo: 1/12; Blast (1), Melta
Mechatendril: Handless melee; 1d10+4R; Pen 0; Flexible

Special Abilities:
Binaric Curse (ToD p.35): Spend infamy point to cause a piece of technology to fail
(eg. targeted weapon gains Overheat or Unbalanced for encounter).

Unnatural Strength +4
Unnatural Toughness +4
Unnatural Toughness +2

Combat talents:
Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps, Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight), Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw,
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons, Fear), Unarmed Warrior, Disturbing Voice, Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Rapid Reload, Technical Knock, Unshakeable Will, Weapon Tech

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ariston the Hekatonkheir

Ariston hefted the boarding shield in one hand, reaching down to his hip-plate and grabbing one of the grenades Zegasi had given him with the other. He had made use of radiological dispersion grenades in the past...the scouring of Gantis Magna, the Aquilla Primaris Station massacre...and he recalled that their effects could be devastating if employed properly, though the blast radius fell unfavorably short. They were a weapon that required precision and skill, but capable of sowing great terror in their wake.

He allowed himself a grin at the thought as he thumbed the activation rune, the grenade swiftly chirping a countdown as he lobbed it over the barricade towards the massive Plague Marine.

Boarding Shield is in my left hand, using my right to quick-draw and toss a Rad Grenade. Half action aim, half action standard attack, overall BS is 70 not counting size modifiers. I'd like to try to get Plaga and the horde in the blast radius if possible.

pre:
Ariston
WS 60, BS 50, S 40 [+20], T 40, Agi 40 [+10]
Int 35, Per 35 [+15], Will 43, Fel 45 

Wounds: 16/21, SB 8 [10], TB 8, Armor 7 All (+3 Body, +3 Left Arm)
Dodge 40 [50], Parry 70

Skills: Athletics, Awareness +10, Command, Dodge,
Intimidation +10, Parry +10, Stealth

Talents: Air of Authority, Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps
Enemy (Adeptus Astartes), Hatred (Adeptus Astartes, 
Imperial Guard), Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Jaded, Legion Weapon Training, Lightning Reflexes
Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poison)
Swift Attack, Unarmed Warrior, Unshakeable Will

Traits:, Amphibious, Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Special Ability:
Spectral Haunter: Penalties to hit you/bonuses to Stealth Checks
that combat circumstances grant based on visual hindrances are 
increased by 20.
Abhorrence Unchained: When you kill a foe you have Hatred for,
make a +10 Infamy test to gain Fear (2) and +1 damage to a maximum
of +10 against enemies of that type for the remainder of the encounter.

Equipment:
Legion Bolter
-Basic 100m S/3/- 1d10+9X Pen 4 Clip 24 Rld Full Special: Tearing
Combi-Flamer Attachment
-Basic 20m S/-/- 1d10+9E Pen 4 Clip 0 Rld 2 Full Special: Flame, Spray
Legion Bolt Pistol
-Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+9X Pen 4 Clip 7 Rld Full Special: Tearing
Legion Combat Knife
-Melee 1d10+10R Pen 2
Legion Power Sword
-Melee 1d10+16E Pen 6 Special: Power Field, Balanced, 8 uses
Astartes Boarding Shield
-Melee ???, Defensive, +3 AP to Body and Arm
Rad Grenades
-Thrown 24m S/-/- 1d10E Pen 0 Clip 2 Irradiated (2)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Gozer and Erika, other side of the wreck.

Erika searches the bodies present, with a bolt pistol in her hand in case anything shows up, but fails to find anything good. Whatever weapons and armor they had already got picked clean by the prisoners that came with Vatra's group.

The Heretek Gozer has better luck acquiring the last drops of power from the slaughtered techpriest's potentia coil, even if most of it already had deteriorated by the time since the kill. With your plethora of blasphemous mechanicum tools, you charge a spare power cell recipient on your body.

(You suck enough juice to power a suit for 2 hours)

The ritual circle nearby holds something perhaps more interesting. At a first glance Gozer sees the blasphemous drawings, symbols and runes spread around the floor as something entirely amateurish, created by unprepared warped minds that do not understand what they're doing, only that the sudden voices in their head tells them to do. Such things are common after warp breaches in ships, contaminating the innocent minds of the crew. Which considering the wreck you're in is exactly what happened to this Imperial Ship.

And yet, after analyzing carefully, you spot a few very useful runes hiding in the middle of the ritual "garbage". It is said that the power of the Warp can unlock unknown hidden potentials in the most common of humans, and this likely happened in one of these techpriests. It's also very likely the acolyte himself did not realize the power of what he wrote on the floor.

(You manage to discern things from the ritual circle. If you copy the useful runes, they can be used for a single ritual in the future and give a +20 bonus to it, but afterwards the power is spent.)

The Rad Grenade flies through the air towards the Plague Marine, Plaga looks unfazed at it. It lands a his left foot and explodes releasing the deadly radioactive dust and particles all over his massive body. The dust clears, showing him to be completely unhurt by the attack. His helmet vox opens again, a very smug voice coming out of it. "Fool, you think you can use weapons of my own creation against me?" (Plaga passes the -20 Toughness check to avoid the Irradiated effect)

His smugness quickly disappears when he sees Opifex raise a massive multi-melta in his direction. The ionized air blast almost blinds anyone near the Warpsmith as it flies towards Plaga, but even with his massive body, the Plague Marine manages to side-step away from the blast that melts the twisted metal floor nearby. (Plaga rolls 4 on the Dodge test against 15 and avoids the shot.)

Victus keep his head down in the pile of bodies, it's clear by now that Plaga did not notice the Renegade's presence nearby. (Plaga fails his Awareness by 2 DoF)

With his floating spectral hands, Zegasi opens fire on the nurglite castaways down the ramp, the legion bolt rounds easily exploding a good amount of them, spraying rotten gore and blood on the wreck. (Deals 4 Magnitude damage. To your question, yes, its to each individual hit with the Force Staff. Also since you have Precognitive Dodge and that's kinda the default Reaction for psykers, post the modifiers to it next post.)

With his heavy bolter raised, Plaga stares at Opifex up on his ship. "You have a very dangerous weapon, let's take care of you first, shall we?" Immediately sustained bolter fire hits the cover around the Warpsmith, as the bigger bolt rounds easily pass through the ramshackle cover and his corroded power armor. Your legs are shot, tearing pieces of ceramite and flesh off, but its the bolt that hits straight on your chest that sends you flying a good meters in the air to collapse in the deck behind you. The impact sucks the air off your chest, and you look at the bloodied crater that is now your chest plate.

(You rolled 100 for dodge, I assumed you would spend an IP and did so, rolling 76 this time. He hits you 3 times and destroyed your cover. You suffer a total of 20 damage, putting you at critical. You were sent flying 5 meters, you're knocked Prone and have 5 Fatigue.)

The brutal blow to the enemy given, the Plague Ogryns and the castaways start to run up the ramp, towards the Heretics position.

Patiently waiting, Lucius uses the powerful but taxing Barrage drug behind the cover. In just a few seconds you feel the insane chemicals inside the vial already work on your body, your muscles growing bigger at a violent pace. You feel like you can take over the world right now, just as strong as these huge Ogryns nearby!

With vicious bolter fire raining down on the nurglites, Bazroth tries to stop their charge, but their numbers give them extra confidence. The mutated ogryns, for their part, are simply too stupid to care. (Horde passes the Pinning test due to Magnitude bonus they get to the test. Plague Ogryns have Fearless)

Your own castaways ready their battered autoguns and try to shoot the incoming charge, but prove themselves to be horrible shots and they miss the easy targets, they grunt in frustration and just draw out their more reliable melee weapons instead, ready to charge at the Heretics's orders. (Your horde rolls 92 and 82 in their Ranged Attacks)

Light Green is a 26/30 Horde (+30 to Hit due to Horde)

INITIATIVE
13 Ariston
13 Opifex
10 Victus
10 Zegasi
8 Plaga
8 Plague Ogryns - Took a Run Action in previous Round, are at -20 BS and +20 WS to hit
7 Lucius
7 Nurglite Castaways - Took a Run Action in previous Round, are at -20 BS and +20 WS to hit
5 Bazroth
4 Heretics Castaways

frajaq fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 11, 2014

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ariston the Hekatonkheir

Ariston's response to Plaga was an incoherent bellow of rage. Curse this world, curse Plaga, curse his companions' abysmal luck...if anger could be made into a weapon he could use it to strike down the advancing horde in a single, savage blow.

He held his ground as the Nurglites ran forward...they would have but a moment more to continue to rain fire upon them before they were forced into melee. "Move up!," he shouted to the crew of the Rust Wave. "And pray that your sword-arms are more worthy than your aim!" Swiftly drawing his bolt pistol he took aim at the charging horde before pulling the trigger.

:rip: Opifex, this was all your stupid idea anyway. Quick-draw my bolt pistol, half-action aim at the enemy Horde, half-action semi-auto. That's +10 for aim, +10 for range, +30 for size, -20 for running, overall BS 80.

pre:
Ariston

Dodge 40 [50], Parry 70

Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Special Ability:
increased by 20.

Equipment:
Legion Bolter
Combi-Flamer Attachment
Legion Bolt Pistol
-Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+9X Pen 4 Clip 5 Rld Full Special: Tearing
Legion Combat Knife
-Melee 1d10+10R Pen 2
Legion Power Sword
Astartes Boarding Shield
Rad Grenades

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 11, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

This doesn't actually happen due to initiative order, I'll repost again later

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 11, 2014

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Zegasi

Opifex was down? That was worrisome - Plaga's heavy bolter would have to be silenced sooner rather than later. But he was surprisingly far away - best to mix oneself with the chaff and make for a more difficult target. Ah well. "Make sure my bolter is safe, for I am diving in!"

I'm Quick Drawing my staff (dropping Precision TK and the bolter) and Charging the north ogryn to hit at TN 100. (60 base +20 charge +20 defender ran) Assuming I hit/don't get parried/deal damage, I'll use the Force quality at Fettered for a net TN of 75.

pre:
60     25   40[+20]  40     45     50     40     65     35

Wounds: 18/18    Infamy: 0/1    Fatigue: 0    Initiative: 1d10+6
Movement: 7/14/21/42

Temporary Effects: Precision TK (PR 2), Unnatural WS/BS/Ag +2, -1 PR

SB: 10  TB: 8
Awareness: 50 Sight/Sound, 40 Else
Dodge: 45
Parry: 70
Armor: 0 Head, 8 Arms/Body/Legs.

Relevant Skills: Athletics, Awareness, Common Lore (War), Dodge,
Parry, Psyniscience +10

Relevant Talents: Ambidextrous, Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight),
Legion Weapon Training, Lightning Attack, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw,
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison), Swift Attack, Unarmed Warrior

Relevant Traits: Amphibious, Psy Rating 4, Unnatural Strength/Toughness +4

Psychic Powers: Doombolt, Mind Over Matter, Precognition, Precognitive Dodge,
Precognitive Strike, Precision Telekinesis, Warptime

Weapons:
Legion Bolter (Basic; 100m; S/3/-; 1d10+9X; Pen 4; Ammo 24; Rld Full; Tearing)
Legion Combat Knife (Melee; 1d10+10R; Pen 2)
Legion Chainsword (Melee; 1d10+13R; Pen 3; Tearing, Balanced)
Legion Bolt Pistol (Basic; 30m; S/-/-; 1d10+9X; Pen 5; Ammo 8; Rld Full; Warp Weapon, Blast (2), Poor Quality
  Loaded with Tzeentchian Inferno Bolts, Warp Weapon does not function against non-living targets.
Force Staff (Melee; 1d10+14I; Pen 4; Balanced, Force)
  4/5 "charges" left.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 12, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Opifex

"Ouch." Climbing back on his feet, Opifex hurls the useless piece of poo poo multi-melta over the edge of the ship and hopes to never see it again.

pre:

Wounds: -2/18    Infamy: 0/2    Fatigue Level: 5  

Weapons: 
Fallen Magos Power Axe: Two-handed melee: 2d10+4E; Pen 6; Power Field, Unbalanced

Special Abilities:
Binaric Curse (ToD p.35): Spend infamy point to cause a piece of technology to fail

Unnatural Strength +4
Unnatural Toughness +4
Unnatural Toughness +2

Combat talents:
Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps, Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight), Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw,
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons, Fear), Unarmed Warrior, Disturbing Voice, Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gozer

Gozer spends quite a few minutes studying the runes as he idly siphons power off from the dead mechanicus. He had been hoping to perhaps salvage the potentia coils and then install them in the astartes, letting his own body power his armor, but draining pure direct power would have to do.

It is little work for Gozer to commit the runes to his augmented memory. He stands and dusts himself off before turning to Erika, "Good news, these runes should help me later if you are indeed interested in being inhabited by a daemon at that time; it will at least help to minimize the substantial risk I will be under by summoning a daemon for a God opposed to my own. Many Daemonettes would just as soon create a new hole in my skull to do Slaaneshi things to than let me coax them out of the warp, but we shall see. Shall we head back? Perhaps we will return just in time to surrender ourselves to this Plaga fellow."

Were there any salvageable mechadenrites? Even non-functional ones could be taken apart to try to fix Waci's.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
The others had done a regrettably good job of stripping everything valuable out of the place, which was disappointing. She'd hoped they might have missed a shotgun or at least a half-decent knife. Still, the news about the ritual circle was cheering. Turning back, Erika starts moving back towards the hole in the side of the ship.

"Well, somehow I don't think we're going to call up Slaaneshi daemons on this planet anyway. There's precious little depravity here. If we make it offworld, we might be able to hire the services of a Slaaneshi summoner for the ritual, and then the fun can really begin. So by all means, let's get back before all the good corpses are looted. They probably shoved him into the water by now, that seems to be the go-to plan for dealing with all the awful things we keep picking fights with."

If Waci gets to make any tech-use tests to recover mechadendrites, I have tech-use and can provide an assist.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ariston's Legion bolt pistol roars as it violently explodes more nurglites advancing up the ramp, their bodies in pieces falling in the water below. (Deals 3 Magnitude damage)

Even severely weakened by the bolt round to the chest, Opifex channels enough rage at his curse-bound melta weapon to hurl the heavy weapon over the border of the ship, hitting the water with a heavy *SPLASH* as it sinks to the bottom of the Ocean World, hopefully never to be seen again... OR IS IT???

The Sorcerer speeds toward the mutated Ogryn ahead of him while twirling his force staff, with a quick trust you hit the muscled body of the creature. The psychical impact is enough to stagger the ogryn, but the follow up psychic channeling is worst. Zegasi focuses on his weapon, warp energies surging in the psycho-reactive materials that compose the force staff, blue lightning crackling around it, devastating the chest of the enemy, as the crazed creature bellows something incomprehensible in pain. (Deals 24 damage total.) Unfortunately the attack is so powerful that a good chunk of foul blood and toxic organs spill over the Sorcerer's face, as he immediately feels a burning pain. (Plague Ogryn has Toxic(3) trait, you fail the -30 Toughness test and receive 9 damage unmitigated by TB/AP)

Plaga smirks inside his helmet, satisfied with the results against the Warpsmith, and he scans around the Heretics in the ship searching for the next target. He stops to stare at Lucius that is wearing his officer's skin, and although the Heretics obviously don't notice, his smile dies real fast. "Ebolius was an excellent subordinate, a rare trait in a normal human even before I elevated him. I believe I have chosen my next target." The immense heavy bolter roars as it spills out bolt rounds against the Nurglite, but he sees it coming and ducks away, as the cover explodes where he just was. (Plaga gets 3 hits, but you roll 12 on the Dodge and avoid everything)

Enraged beyond measure, the heavily injured Plague Ogryn engaged with Zegasi nonetheless manages brings down his massive club against the Sorcerer in two quick, brutal strikes. With his eyes and senses still burning from the spilled toxic blood, the Heretic misjudges where the attack is coming from and fails to block the strikes with his force staff. The first hit against your breastplate is strong enough to crack your sternum, but you're still standing. The follow-up sends you flying away with a massive impact, as you feel your sternum completely break, alongside a good amount of your ribs. You topple to the ground, completely breathless and severely injured, a blinding pain on your chest. The nurglite castaways roar in glory at the sight. (Plague Ogryn Swift Attacks for 2 hits, you roll 93 for Parry and fail to block. First attack deals 6 damage, second attack deals 9 damage and puts you at -6 Critical. You were sent flying 5 meters, gains 5 Fatigue, is knocked Prone and is stunned for 2 Rounds.)

The other plague ogryn sees his "brother" knock a suited astartes away and decides to do the same thing against Bazroth. He has much less luck than his counterpart however, the Dark Apostle bears his Crozius against the brutal charge, easily blocking the attack as the power field simply destroys the massive improvised club away. He grunts in frustration but doesn't look like he'll give up, he still has his tusks and claws ready to rip apart the Word Bearer.

Light Green is a 26/30 Horde (+30 to Hit due to Horde)

INITIATIVE
13 Ariston
13 Opifex
10 Zegasi
8 Plaga
8 Plague Ogryns

7 Lucius
7 Nurglite Castaways - Took a Run Action in previous Round, are at -20 BS and +20 WS to hit
5 Bazroth
4 Heretics Castaways
3 Victus

Victus kicked to last Initiative spot due to non-posting
Lucius/Bazorth/Victus are up to act

Plague Ogryn 1 6/30 Wounds
Plague Ogryn 2 30/30 Wounds

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Feeling his flesh bursting with unnatural vigor, totally unphased by the heavy bolter fire bursting around him, Lucius grins gleefully through his mask of skin. Nothing could go wrong, not with as good as he felt now. Even as the marine orders everyone forward, the calm and careful nurglite abandoned his instructions. He wanted to test his strength against something strong, something big...

Dashing out of cover, Lucius rushes towards one of the ogryn and lashes out with his newfound scythe.

Charge action at the injured ogryn, WS 40 + 20 charge + 10 size for a 70 to hit, dealing 1d10+13 Pen 3 Felling 1 if I hit, with Toxic (2) if they aren't immune. Either way it uses up the first of my 3 uses of Toxic if it hits. I have 8 turns of awesome power remaining to me.

pre:
WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
40   30   40   60   42   32   41   35   30    18
         (9)  (14)                
Wounds: 20/20                Armour: 3 Arms/Body
Dodge: 42, Parry 40          Corruption: 13
Infamy Point: 1/1

Scythe: 1d10+4 R Pen 3 Unbalanced, Felling (1), Toxic (2) (3 hits remaining)
Poor Bolt Pistol: 30m S/2/- 1d10+5X Pen 4 Clip 7/8 Tearing, Unreliable
Melee Attachment: 1d10R Primitive(8)

Talents:
Die Hard
Disarm
Resistance (Fear, Poisons)
Sure Strike

Traits
Quick and the Dead: +2 to Initiative
Toxic(corruption bonus)
Eye-Stalks (+1 to head crits)
Grotesque Appetite - +3 Unnatural Toughness
Barrage - 8 More rounds

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gozer

As he ducks through the hole, Gozer can't help but laugh at Erika's comment, "You'd be surprised what you can pull out of the warp with enough inteligence and guile. Even a follower of your depraved God could be coaxed into entering real-space on this planet; especially if tempted by such a loyal follower as yourself." Gozer steadies himself and looks down the side of the ship, the faintest echo of gunfire in the distance, "though we can always wait, and do as you say. Though a slaaneshi summoner, gah, the thought of it. See The God of Blood desires only blood, Slaanesh just puts a bunch of extra steps in the way to getting to the bloodshed. I see why Khorne despises your God."

Dachshundofdoom lets have a pleasant conversation while our foolish friends die!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Just an fyi but the Nurglite horde should be at 23/30 after my attack against it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

derp durp sorry about that

Lucius wild scythe swing out of cover catches the Plague Ogryn completely by surprise, the mutant still content at looking at the broken Sorcerer in front of him. The ogryn's mutated flesh is strong but the effects of the Barrage drug is stronger, as you decapitate his dumb head from his body, sending it flying to the waters. As his enormous body falls to the ground, a small torrent of toxic blood is spilled over you, and you feel some burns in your chest, but far from anything seriously worrying. (Plague Ogryn 1 is killed. You receive 3 Damage from the Toxic(3) trait.)

Even with the death of one of the plague ogryns, the nurglites are still embolden by the fact that two of the enemy marines were seriously injured, as they charge your own castaway mob, to the Rust Wave's crew credit, they hold their ground against the charge, meeting scavenged blade by scavenged blade.

Light Green is a 23/30 Horde (+30 to Hit due to Horde)
Green is the Plague Ogryn (+10 to Hit due to Size)

INITIATIVE
13 Ariston
13 Opifex
10 Zegasi
8 Plaga
8 Plague Ogryns
7 Lucius
7 Nurglite Castaways

5 Bazroth
4 Heretics Castaways
3 Victus

Bazorth/Victus are up to act

Plague Ogryn 2 30/30 Wounds

frajaq fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Oct 15, 2014

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Was my Toxic reroll for being a CSM also crap? (Even with Resistance [Poisons] a -20 Toughness roll is still mean, mind.)

Edit: Check the OoC thread, there's no reroll and I'm guessing that you already accounted for the +10 for Resistance. :ffg:

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 15, 2014

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Erika the Red

Wiping any blood from the corpses off her hands as they prepared to descend, she met the Priest with a smirk. If he wanted repartee as they climbed down, he'd have it.

"Oh, but it runs so much deeper than blood. To a Slaaneshi like me, every experience must be savored; that most of our experiences end in bloodshed is as much a fault of a brutal and pitiless universe as it is our own. Khorne feeds on the glory of victory and the metal tang of vaporized blood, and delicious as those are, he denies himself all the other experiences on a battlefield. Let me tell you one. The desperate guardsman scrambles back from my blade, praying first to his comrades to help him, but they are all dead; then his Emperor, and he is dead and distant indeed; finally he is clutching at some trinket of a long-forgotten homeworld when I carve open his guts and leave him to bleed out. He does not even scream; he only shakes and cries and clutches his little locket as he enters the fetal position and dies in a dark hole in a burning city. His despair was like wine, Gozer, and I only tasted it secondhand. Bloodshed, ultimately, is only the beginning and the end, all at once, of true passion , feeling, and life. Khorne hates us because understanding us would hurt him even more, to know that he is a God of War who has missed its true beauty all this time."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

NGDBSS posted:

Was my Toxic reroll for being a CSM also crap? (Even with Resistance [Poisons] a -20 Toughness roll is still mean, mind.)

Where is this "Toxic reroll for being a CSM" rule in the BC core book? I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something in the CSM Implants page 49 but I'm not seeing anything about rerolls other than some implants giving Resistance (Poison)

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gozer

Gozer begins his climb down, stopping to wipe his brow and respond, "But it is Slaanesh that does not understand the true meaning of war. I tend to subscribe to the 'Multifaceted Pantheon' view of the Chaos Gods, where each 'God' as we know them represents various spheres of influence, each sphere connected to the whole, but also independent. By my spilling of Blood for Khorne's Blood Aspect, I serve him just as completely as the Berserker killing for his War Aspect. You bring into the conversation the two Dominant Aspects of Slaanesh, The Hedonist, and The Perfectionist. The Hedonist is the aspect that concerns itself with experiencing all various sensations there are to offer, while the Perfectionist concerns herself with achieving perfection. In the arena of war, neither have their place. The Perfectionist is concerned with honing their skill on their adversary, while the Hedonist tries to derive diverse pleasure from it. Both of those are a secondary on the field of battle. War is solely about the defeat of one's enemies. While skill is preferable, many an unskilled warrior has downed a great Perfectionist, regardless of their skill. If you desire to taste the slow pain of a dying mortal, then do as the Dark-Kin Eldar and capture them for your perverse pleasure, do not sully the purity of the battlefield with your extraneous motives."

Gozer goes quiet for a few minutes, concentrating on the climb, before speaking up, "Your previous statement assumes that followers of Khorne do not derive pleasure from their worship, outside of perhaps some adrenaline fueled blood-lust. That is incorrect. Slaanesh concerns himself with what pleasure can be derided from the actual act of Death itself. The Blood God finds beauty in the actual fluid of life. One might take a life in an aesthetically pleasing manner, but in the end Khorne claims the actual source of life. Let me share this, at the height of my Smithing, I had access to a vast Servitor farm. I cared little for the servitors; but it was the husks. Taking the rejected husks and draining them of the blood for use in my rituals was common. You talk of the joy one gets from observing suffering. I counter that I have experienced equal pleasure in taking the very essence of life and bending it to my will. The sight of a veritable lake of Blood, all at my disposal, all of it there to grant me not pleasure, but total power! There is no greater power over, nor rush, from taking the blood of a defeated opponent, and in offering it to the God of Blood, wringing power out of it. There is no greater defeat for a loyalist, than to take the still pumping blood from their dying body, and using it in a ritual to bind a daemon to this Plane. The pure and unadulterated rush of that ultimate power; I will that that over your wine any day."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth looked down at the pile of ash and fragments that had been his opponent's weapon before rearing back for a large swing.

"Disgusting, simple-minded, single-minded fool..."

WS 50 + AOA 30 + Hatred 10 = TN 90. Concussive. Furious assault if successful.

pre:
     WS   BS   S      T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
     50   30  (8)40 (8)40  40   50   30   50   60    15, 1/1 IP

Wounds: 16/19         Armour: 8 Body and Legs
Dodge: 40, Parry 60      Corruption: 10

Legion Bolt pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+9X    Pen.4  8/8  Full Reload | Tearing | Scavenged
Accursed Crozius    Melee —      2d10+14E   Pen.7       Balanced, Concussive (when 2h'd)
							Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:
Heightened Hearing/Sight, Quick Draw
Melee Opponents may not take Defensive Stance actions. 
Hatred: Plaga's Warband granted by Crozius

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.
Vatra the Whisperer

Watching from his view port the Apostate cringes as he watches the battle unfolding. Whatever fool had shot down the idea of using a promethium trap or two should be tossed overboard. His comrades were fairing poorly, albeit against a plague marine and company so he couldn't fault them too much. With a heavy, exaggerated shy he gained the attention of his guard and began making his way onto the deck of the Dead Shark, gingerly rubbing the plasma pistol at his hip.

Korhal fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 15, 2014

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
A year ago, if you had told Erika she'd soon be debating Chaotic philosophy with a Khornate tech-priest while climbing down the side of a sinking voidship in the middle of the ocean, she'd probably have laughed. (And then had you tortured to death). Now, however, it didn't seem any stranger than anything else. Resurrection from the dead, giant killer shrimp, reasonably polite Khornates; at this point she was starting to legitimately expect a Lord of Change to manifest and hand out party favors, or perhaps a force of Grey Knights would deep-strike in and offer assistance. This entire planet was turning out to be a glorious parade of one-of-a-kind experiences.

"The battlefield is only pure if you ignore everything but the act of bloodshed, dear Gozer. The sounds of artillery and screaming, the scent of exploded bowels and las-shot ozone, the blinding flashes of plasma and explosions, the taste of the blood-mist where your enemies used to be standing; it's a glorious, mad cacophony. Just ask the Noise Marines; they really know how to have a good time."

"More importantly, most of us only get one life, and then it's off to the warp to be consumed by daemons forever; when all that awaits is torment, there is no reason not to indulge every whim and vice. So rest assured: you have doubtless felt great pleasure in your blood-rituals, but I feel pleasure in every moment, in every single pulse of agony and ecstasy. Even my death was pleasurable, disappointing as it was, and I give thanks to the Prince that I was chosen to experience death and live on to experience yet more."

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Screw this. His allies were getting injured and dying. The ogryn were nearly dead and decidedly tied up. The horde would hopefully be dispatched soon. And that arrogant fat man with the heavy bolter was taking great mirth at everything, confident in his own success.

Victus didn't care anymore. Khorne demanded blood and skulls. He would probably be joined shortly by his allies, thus negating any potential danger. He might still die, but what he would buy with his life! He could ensure the lives of his friends and allies and still manage to live to tell the tale.

He roared.

"PLAGA!!!" he boasted, emerging forth from the pile of corpses with both weapons held in his hands. "Your confidence in your children, your anger in our sacrifice of their worthless hides, and your foolishness in walking into this trap shall be your end! Your skull shall adorn the Skull Throne, your cries of anguish shall ring pleasurably through the ears of Slaanesh, the great Tzeentch shall see his plan come to fruition, and your essence will return to Grandfather Nurgle. I am Victus of Iocanthos, and I am an instrument of Chaos Undivided and with this warband, one of the arbiters of your failure."

Victus charged the mighty Plague Lord, ready to provide the distraction needed for Lucius to come and put an end to this mirthful fat man.

pre:
58     28     45     35     60     27     40     33     30

Wounds: 5/14    Infamy: 1/1    Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+8
Movement: 6/12/36/36

SB: 4  TB: 3
Awareness: 40
Dodge: 70
Parry: 58 (Poor Quality Power Sword, but Balanced!)

Armour: Body 6, all else 4

Weapons: 
Poor Quality Human Power Sword (-10 to WS checks using it) 1d10+9 (+5 base, +4 ST) Pen 5, Power Field, Balanced)
Borrowed Gozerian Power Axe      Melee   —    1d10+9E (+5 base, +4 ST)    Pen 0         unbalanced

Special Abilities:

Adroit (+1 DoS on all WS checks)
Quick and the Dead (+2 to Initiative)

Combat talents:
Jaded, Quick Draw, Rapid Reload, Sure Strike, Disarm, Ambidextrous, Swift Attack, 
Precise Blow, Hard Target, Preternatural Speed, Two-Weapon Wielder, Blade Dancer, Step Aside.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 16, 2014

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Gozer and Erika in the Rust Wave, heading back

With the small amount of power cell recharged, the Heretek and Pirate Princess slowly climb down the wreck towards the scavenger ship again, with no hurry and while having a noice pleasant debate/conversation. Eventually they reach the long toppled augur array, some five meters above the top of the ship. Erika dexterously somersaults down and raises hers arms to help the acrobatically-deficient Heretek down, even more with his enormous Hand of Khorne, as Gozer doesn't get hurt falling from such height.

Climbing down back at the ship's bridge, the crew awaits your orders. Erika gives the order to return to the other side of the wreck, and the ship slowly starts to move and circle around the Imperial voidship...

Bazroth pummels the Plague Ogryn with his accursed crozius in his mutated chest, the power field burning meat and muscle alike as the mutant yells in agony, the impact explodes a bubble of acidic pus, spraying it all over the Word Bearer as he feels the sting of it. The ogryn is tough and manages to avoid getting knocked out, but Bazroth continues with a consecutive strike, a down swing that explodes it's left thigh, forcing him to fall over and die bleeding a foul black ichor. (Kills Plague Ogryn 2, you suffer 8 total damage from Toxic(3) after falling both -30 toughness tests.)

The Dead Shark and Rust Wave mobs continue their gigantic brawl on the decks of the nurglite ship, with neither side showing signs of giving ground. The noise of such battle so close is almost deafening with all the grunts, roars and blades clashing. (Your Horde fails the attack.)

Plaga quickly turns around at the pile of corpses as Victus bursts forth from it and the Renegade taunts him. "Little treacherous human, what can you even HOPE to do against me?" He turns his heavy bolter at him, but extreme speed of the Renegade catches him by surprise as he charges at the Plague Marine and swipes at his left gauntlet with Erika's power blade. Although it penetrates part of the ceramite armor, the toughened nurglite flesh proves itself extremely hard to hurt. Plaga grunts in frustration as he realizes he'll have to drop his heavy bolter to deal with this nuisance "You merely delay the inevitable, mortal!" (Charge hits, Plaga fails dodge. He still soaks the damage completely.)

Meanwhile inside the ship, Vatra and his bodyguards hurry up the stairs out of hiding to help the rest of the Heretics.

Light Green is a 23/30 Horde (+30 to Hit due to Horde)

INITIATIVE
13 Ariston
13 Opifex
10 Zegasi Stunned for 2 Rounds
8 Plaga
7 Lucius
7 Nurglite Castaways
5 Bazroth
4 Heretics Castaways
3 Victus

Plaga 45/45 Wounds AP Body 10 Rest 8 - TB 11

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gozer

The heretek remains quiet the rest of the descent down, waiting until they were back aboard their ship before continuing to talk. The movement of the oceans threw the hertek's inner balance a little off, and the talking help him keep his mind off the motion sickness, "All I say is what you take out of combat is ancillary to the true purpose of war. War is engaged in defeat your enemy and as quick and efficient a way possible. The true purpose of war is to slaughter your enemies, to drive the weak before your weapons, and to hear their final, yet useless, pleas to be spared. Intentionally be less than efficient just to 'wring some pleasure out of it' is the quickest way to wind up deceased on the battlefield. If you insist on having such pleasures, have them in your own chambers or in the gladiatorial arenas is all I say."

Gozer spends a few minutes ensuring the vessel is running properly, or as properly as it can, before he changes the subject. "You indicated you had died before? Is that how you found yourself on this world, a modern space captain in the naval world of yester-year? Do you care to share the details of your death? Was it bloody?" Gozer gives a cocky smile at the last bit, hidden as it is by his respirator.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Erika the Red

Glancing up from what the scavengers had presented to her as The Capn's Chair, she smirked at Gozer's return. Nothing entrapped an intellectual like a debate seasoned with mysteries, and you knew he was hooked when he came back to talk even after he thought he'd gotten the last word. Time for another dance. Erika shifts to sit sideways in the oversized chair, affecting an air of boredom.

"Oh, well, it's really not much to talk about. My whole away party mutinied on me, at the behest of a little two-bit pirate called Yuri the Reaper. A name that I assure you he chose himself. Lured me into tunnels full of dumb traps and my own traitorous crew, then when I finally got to where I thought the daemon weapon was, he'd beaten me there and filled the room with mining explosives. Sauntered up to my shredded body and stabbed me with the daemon blade, revealing in the process that he betrayed Slaanesh to kill me: The Bloodthirster in the blade was sinking its teeth into my soul, and then suddenly I'm here with an odd sensation of loss, my gear wrecked, and the strange bedfellows they're always saying accompany times like these."

"Does that answer your question? Have any delightful tales of your own past to share?"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ariston the Hekatonkheir

Ariston let out a ferocious war cry as the second plague-brute fell to Bazroth's crozius. "Forward!," he bellowed, both to the crew of the Rust Wave as they clashed with the Nurglites and his own companions upon this world. "Break their backs! Cut them down and leave none standing!" Letting his bolt pistol fall to the deck he vaulted across the makeshift barricade, drawing his power sword and activating it as he charged towards Plaga, eager to press the advantage that Victus had bought for them.

I'm pretty sure that I can't reach Plaga in a single charge so I guess I'm'a running towards him as fast as I can (30 meters), -20 BS and +20 WS hit me.

pre:
Ariston

Dodge 40 [50], Parry 70, Movement 5/10/15/30

Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Special Ability:
increased by 20.

Equipment:
Legion Bolter
Combi-Flamer Attachment
Legion Bolt Pistol
-Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+9X Pen 4 Clip 5 Rld Full Special: Tearing
Legion Combat Knife
-Melee 1d10+10R Pen 2
Legion Power Sword
Astartes Boarding Shield
Rad Grenades

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 16, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Opifex

Cursing in binary, Opifex draws his power axe and shambles towards the ramp.

Half action to ready axe, half action to move.

pre:

Wounds: -2/18    Infamy: 0/2    Fatigue Level: 5  

Weapons: 

Special Abilities:

Unnatural Strength +4
Unnatural Toughness +4
Unnatural Toughness +2

Combat talents:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gozer

Gozer inspects the power generator for the ship as Erika speaks. There is a real good possibility that, assuming the other ship is functional upon their return, that they could strip the power generator out of this vessel. The amount of power it could generate could be used to recharge power packs, perhaps run the equipment of a rudimentary workshop.

He turns to her as she finishes her story, "I do have a story, though not as interesting as yours, it certainly involves less death, or at least I think it does. I have been working on my sanguinary smithing techniques for my entire working career; I was corrupted to the Path of Blood while still a neophyte," he stands wiping engine grease on his robe. "I developed a technique I have not seen anywhere else. Are you familiar with rune weapons? They are weapons that are greatly powerful, but their 'creation' methods are difficult. A rune weapon is the remains of a daemon weapon when the daemon has been excised from the weapon, and it hasn't been destroyed in the process. Now they are very rare, since only an insane person would go through the hassle of creating a daemon weapon, only to release the daemon to have a rune weapon."

He pauses for a second and removes his combi-tool. He takes a dangling electrical wire running off the generator and measures the power output, making a sound of frustration before continuing, "I had developed a technique, using blood and rituals in the forging of the weapon, to summon a bloodletter into the weapon, and then excise it, in a manner of speaking, before it fully possesses the weapon. Doing so I was able to reliably create a rune weapon. I recorded all my findings on the subject and others, and wrote a few books. Well, maybe wrote is the wrong term," he takes his normal sized hand and taps the implants sticking out of his head, "I had the manuscripts right here, and was ready to publish them. I found a sorcerer on Q'Sal willing to extract the texts and begin mass-printing them. This sorcerer was instead crazy, as they often are. He was interested in having a collection of one of a kind things. So after extracting copies of the manuscripts from my head, he needed to destroy the originals, me."

Gozer idly checks another lead, "From there there isn't much to share. We engaged in combat; being an astartes psyker he had the upper hand, so in a last ditch move I released the Bloodthirster from my personal daemon weapon to destroy the sorcerer. Next thing I knew I was waking up here. I'm not sure if I died as you did and Khorne placed me here, or if something else happened. All I know is I still have a head full of manuscripts to publish, and a sorcerer to enact vengeance on, assuming my bloodthirster companion didn't kill him."

Satisfied with his studies of the electrical systems, he sits, "Tell me, what is our plan if we round this sinking vessel to find our comrades dead or dying?"

• Locked thread