Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Watch an anime cutscene that would blow minds as being in a game in 1998.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
All this talk about HOT POCKETS has made you hungry. Pause the game, go to the nearest store and buy some snacks + Mountain Dew. Ask whoever is at the counter/register if they'd like to see your WLTL.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Eat the pilot's corpse to gain his or her powers.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
Leave the pilot alone, he's innocent I tells ya.

But WLTL looks delicious. Cover him in BBQ Sauce and dig in

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm actually kind of surprised no one's mentioned how I gave Grahf one of the shittiest hands possible in Texas Hold 'Em yet. :v:

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
I did notice, but figured nobody gave a poo poo. Also, that hand at least had a 4 card straight draw, it was almost there. The worst hand would be if you got dealt a evens only straight, where it's 2-4-6-8-10. As a mildly horrible poker player, I've seen some poo poo hands.

GOKU asks KRLN to play Vegas Stakes on SNES and only play poker while GOKU gets high so can enact his plot on the dastardly CLIF of Vegas Stakes fame

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
GOKU and friends suddenly feel the need to take a huge dump.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

You decide to wager your limited edition Final Fantasy XIII Shiva Eidolon Play Arts Action Figure, a literal mecha Shiva, if you will.

EAT IT NERDS!

You monster. I knew I should've sold that figurine before beginning New Game+++++++.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Rename WLTL to EPCH, add wings and the flux capacitor that you have from New Game+++++++.

Also, this thread is awesome and Chrono Trigger is awesome. I haven't played the game for 15 years and the correct soundtrack still pops into my head as soon as I see a post.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Geemer posted:

Eat the pilot as emergency rations.

AJ_Impy posted:

Eat it, nerds. The mecha, the pilot, every last delicious morsel.

ultrafilter posted:

Eat the pilot's corpse to gain his or her powers.

You don't know why--you feel compelled, by, by forces you don't fully understand. Perhaps you just have the munchies from smoking' those dank imps still, you don't know, but you take advantage of the meal that has been provided you.

One of the deceased's arms was severed when the giant blue robot fell on her. You help yourself, much to the surprise of your companions.

CHCH moves to stop you, but KRLN stops her.

Just as you finish your meal, you hear screaming. It appears that aside from a bit of dismemberment in the accident, the pilot survived the robot crash. Hmm.

Between her screams and curses in a strange language, you think you catch her name--

What is this pilot's name, and what shall we do with our captive foe?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Aw crap, put ELI's arm back quick!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Her name is Food.

Threaten to eat the rest of her unless she shows us how to use the mech.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Pretty sure I heard BLMA in the midst of all that anguished screaming.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Say hello to our new friend ARMS.

It's like calling a big guy Tiny.

TwistedSynapse
Dec 31, 2012

Voted Most Purple Wizard
2007, 2009, 2011, and 2014
Gonna have to second ARMS.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
BLMA

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Tie-break this, someone. Two votes for BLMA, two votes for ARMS. I kinda like ARMS myself. It's, uh, "descriptive".

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

ARMS

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Yeah, if she isn't food, ARMS it is.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Give ARMS a Tonic to recover from her wounds.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
There'll be more BLMAs later, I guess. ARMS it is.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Kavak posted:

Aw crap, put ELI's arm back quick!

KRLN quickly dismisses this idea. He claims to be some sort of Doctor, and quickly staunches the bleeding, using some bandages in the robot's first aid kit.

Anyways, you're pretty sure you heard a name in all that yelling. Something about--

Waffleman_ posted:

Say hello to our new friend ARMS.

TwistedSynapse posted:

Gonna have to second ARMS.

AJ_Impy posted:

Yeah, if she isn't food, ARMS it is.

Krad posted:

Give ARMS a Tonic to recover from her wounds.

nine-gear crow posted:

There'll be more BLMAs later, I guess. ARMS it is.

--yeah, that's right, she said her name was ARMS.

She starts to protest, but you are enraptured by her giant robot fighting mech. You want it to work. You want it for yourself.

****LPER note: MSPaint sometimes has trouble rendering the high graphics demanded by Chrono Trigger, which is why the dirt and blood sometimes fail to load on GOKU's character model****

You interrupt ARMS, demanding she teach you how to pilot her robot. You remind her that she drew "First Blood" and that she's lucky to be alive.

She looks at your incredulously and flatly says the machine is broken and needs to be repaired. KRLN, good ol'useful, kagey, seems-to-know-more-than-he's-letting-on KRLN suggest that you can buy parts in the nearby town of DAZL.

He starts describing the nearby world, evening going so far as to show you a map, but you swear your eyes begin to glaze over as you tune him out.

Alternate-realty GOKU chimes in to say that she happens to be an inventor and offer to takes a look at the machine. Hey, why not? If it's broke, maybe she can fix it.

Ultimate GOKU finishes her work. She warns you that the machine was pretty badly damaged, and probably won't operate as some sort of mobile-battle suit. Fortunately, using some of her own ingenuity, she was able to at least activate its AI. It could now serve as an active party member, helping you on your quest to--uh, your quest to--

You know, you're not quite sure why you're here or what you're doing with your life anymore.

Anyways.

It's not quite what you expected. It introduces itself as WLTL, but since it's merely a machine, a piece of property, you figure you ought to give it a better name. So what is the designation of this malformity of science?

KRLN reminds you that ARMS still needs proper medical attention, and that you should probably head to DAZL town regardless.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Collect 99 phoenix downs and revive her lost arm.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

laplace posted:

Oh hey, it's my favorite character ARMS! I've been waiting for this moment. I love her replacement arm she gets after you collect 99 phoenix downs and use them on her to revive her lost arm.

:agreed:

Too bad it's a plot-specific event. We wont' be able to do this until the mission flag triggers later on. It's frustrating, as this being New Game+++++++, we already have 99 phoenix downs.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:o ninja edit!

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Blind Sally posted:

What is this pilot's name, and what shall we do with our captive foe?

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life. May I hug you?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Replace ARMS missing arm with some metal left over from our new robo friend, JIM.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Name it BEEP

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
The robot's name is BNDR.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Name our new robot GERO.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is NZKU, boy.

GrimRevenant
Mar 28, 2011

Je Reviendrai.
As a robot, clearly his name is ROBO. :goleft:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

He will be like a son to us. A son named GOHN.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

GrimRevenant posted:

As a robot, clearly his name is ROBO. :goleft:

What kind of name is ROBO for a robot? What kind of intellectually bankrupt person would ever think "ROBO" is an acceptable name for a robot? That's like saying FROG is an acceptable name for a frog. What kind of game developer would do that? What kind of--

Oh.

Oh no.

:negative:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Name him SXTN

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
This not-robot is clearly HUMN and not anything resembling a robot.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Get in GHAN, fly down to the Tower of Babel, find where Picard buried Kirk and resurrect him somehow!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Clearly you need to name him GA2O.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Hey, it's a trusty gadget friend! Let's name it APPL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
This guy is definitely a C3PO.

• Locked thread