Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Effectronica posted:

Yeah, the Tang really gave a lot of fucks about the hicks to their east with their cute little attempts at understanding Master Kong.

Fuckin hell I can't tell who is trolling me anymore. I'm going to assume you're being serious. We don't even have to go that far back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Sino-Japanese_War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Muttonchips posted:

Say what? Japan, China and Korea have been historical enemies since like.. the beginning of time. They have all the reason to kill and slaughter each other.

There was a long history of hatred and rivalry between the two countries.

That number has been disputed by a number of respected scholars. The one thing everyone can agree on is that we will never get an accurate number due to the circumstances.

Some people guess high, some guess low. It doesn't take away from the horrific nature of the crimes, but it's just something I'm interested in.

Why are people trying to accuse me of denying the Holocaust when I've repeated over and over again that it took place? People get offended by the stupidest things.

what respected scholars deny 6 million jews and 12 million total holocaust deaths

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

what respected scholars deny 6 million jews and 12 million total holocaust deaths

none

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fandyien posted:

i dont really like this argument because a modernized japan was interested in becoming economically autonomous so it could flip off the washington naval treaty and become a world power instead of a bullshit pacific power. it wasn't about some kind of perennial historical hatred it was about geopolitical circumstance and also japan's overzealous military government

why ar eyou arguing with the retarded troll

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Mange Mite posted:

why ar eyou arguing with the retarded troll

im high

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Muttonchips posted:

Say what? Japan, China and Korea have been historical enemies since like.. the beginning of time. They have all the reason to kill and slaughter each other.

There was a long history of hatred and rivalry between the two countries.

That number has been disputed by a number of respected scholars. The one thing everyone can agree on is that we will never get an accurate number due to the circumstances.

Some people guess high, some guess low. It doesn't take away from the horrific nature of the crimes, but it's just something I'm interested in.

Why are people trying to accuse me of denying the Holocaust when I've repeated over and over again that it took place? People get offended by the stupidest things.

The Nazis put a great deal of effort into killing so many people, and they planned to kill an additional 20 million, and these attempts to downplay the grandeur of the Nazis in their mass slaughter are, frankly, pure sentimentalism.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the japanese made anime which is the pearl harbor of the cartoon world

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
Let's do some basic math here.

The original plaque in front of Auschwitz read, and I quote- "Four Million people suffered and died here at the hands of the Nazi murderers between the years 1940 and 1945."

In 1990 after the fall of Communist forces (Hmm why would Communist forces want to make the Nazis look bad?), the plaque was revised to read as thus.

"For ever let this place be a cry of despair and a warning to humanity, where the Nazis murdered about one and a half Million men, women and children from various countries of Europe. Auschwitz – Birkenau 1940 – 1945"

From 4 million people in ONE camp to 1 and a 1/2 million throughout various countries of Europe. Explain this discrepancy and I will shut up and leave this thread forever.

You can't.

And gently caress all of you who are saying I'm trying to sympathize with the Nazis I am not doing such thing. I am just interested in historical accuracy and anyone who is not blinded by retardation can see that the numbers may have been inflated.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Muttonchips posted:

The original plaque in front of Auschwitz read, and I quote- "Four Million people suffered and died here at the hands of the Nazi murderers between the years 1940 and 1945."

In 1990 after the fall of Communist forces (Hmm why would Communist forces want to make the Nazis look bad?), the plaque was revised to read as thus.

"For ever let this place be a cry of despair and a warning to humanity, where the Nazis murdered about one and a half Million men, women and children from various countries of Europe. Auschwitz – Birkenau 1940 – 1945"

From 4 million people to 1 and a 1/2 million. Explain this discrepancy and I will shut up and leave this thread forever.

You can't.

what respected scholars deny the holocaust's accepted death count

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Muttonchips posted:

From 4 million people in ONE camp to 1 and a 1/2 million throughout various countries of Europe. Explain this discrepancy and I will shut up and leave this thread forever.

You can't.

this video will explain it for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
Hipsters ruined Hitler.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

The scholars who provided the text for the plaque that hangs in front of Auschwitz camp, for one. You're annoying. I'll do you a favor.

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW

PatTwo posted:

Why isn't there a hitler day I mean we have Columbus Day

Everyday is Hitler Day. In my world.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Muttonchips posted:

The scholars who provided the text for the plaque that hangs in front of Auschwitz camp, for one. You're annoying. I'll do you a favor.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Muttonchips posted:

who are these people i want to know so i can educate myself, thank you

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sweet Tea posted:

the japanese made anime which is the pearl harbor of the cartoon world

its more like a lovely poor people knock off of the real thing that somehow took off. like if people started liking powdered eggs to the point where they prefer now wholly synthetic egg powder to actual eggs

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Fandyien posted:

i dont really like this argument because a modernized japan was interested in becoming economically autonomous so it could flip off the washington naval treaty and become a world power instead of a bullshit pacific power. it wasn't about some kind of perennial historical hatred it was about geopolitical circumstance and also japan's overzealous military government

You're absolutely bang on with all points. But I still maintain that the atrocities were rooted in just straight up hatred for the nation.

You're free to disagree, obviously. That seems to be happening a lot here. Thanks for the book recommendation, by the way! I'll have to check it out.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Misandrist Wytch posted:

Hipsters ruined Hitler.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/heil-hipster-the-young-neo-nazis-trying-to-put-a-stylish-face-on-hate-20140623

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Muttonchips posted:

From 4 million people to 1 and a 1/2 million. Explain this discrepancy and I will shut up and leave this thread forever.

You can't.

Here's where the discrepancy came in- the 4 million number came from interrogating the prison guards, and the NKVD officers, having to interpret the gurgling as the SS guys choked on their own blood, and not having many of the overseers or IG Farben managers to interrogate, came up with 4 million dying at Auschwitz and Birkenau, out of 6 million total. Other, later research with actual paperwork on hand concluded that 1.5 million people out of 6 million people actually died at Auschwitz. There you go.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Muttonchips posted:

You're absolutely bang on with all points. But I still maintain that the atrocities were rooted in just straight up hatred for the nation.

You're free to disagree, obviously. That seems to be happening a lot here. Thanks for the book recommendation, by the way! I'll have to check it out.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Effectronica posted:

Here's where the discrepancy came in- the 4 million number came from interrogating the prison guards, and the NKVD officers, having to interpret the gurgling as the SS guys choked on their own blood, and not having many of the overseers or IG Farben managers to interrogate, came up with 4 million dying at Auschwitz and Birkenau, out of 6 million total. Other, later research with actual paperwork on hand concluded that 1.5 million people out of 6 million people actually died at Auschwitz. There you go.
Do you agree that no one will never know the exact number of dead? Since we will never know, it's all kind of a moot point anyhow. I don't even know why I wasted so much time trying to convince you.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Muttonchips posted:

Do you agree that no one will never know the exact number of dead? Since we will never know, it's all kind of a moot point anyhow. I don't even know why I wasted so much time trying to convince you.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

no they will not posted:

only gbs could take something awesome, like Adolf Hitler, and RUIN it

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

I just wanted to talk about how good Hitler is, and I can't even do that without GBS trolls ruining it. FML

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

no they will not posted:

only gbs could take something awesome, like Adolf Hitler, and RUIN it

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Muttonchips posted:

We will never know the exact depths of your retardation, either, and yet

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Ooo I wonder what he was thinking

Effectronica posted:

We will never know the exact depths of your retardation, either, and yet

I'm sorry I ruined your Hitler thread with my retardation. :( Either way I don't really give a gently caress either way since I'm not German or Jewish. Combined with the fact that literally none of you will see my point of view this leads me to conclude only thing I can do is

MORE HITLER

Muttonchips fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 16, 2014

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I don't see much future for the Americans. In my view,
it's a decayed country. And they have their racial problem,
and the problem of social inequalities. Those were what caused
the downfall of Rome, and yet Rome was a solid edifice that
stood for something. Moreover, the Romans were inspired by
great ideas. Nothing of the sort in England to-day. As for the
Americans, that kind of thing is non-existent. That's why, in
spite of everything, I like an Englishman a thousand times
better than an American.

It goes without saying that we have no affinities with the
Japanese. They're too foreign to us, by their way of living, by
their culture. But my feelings against Americanism are feelings
of hatred and deep repugnance. I feel myself more akin to any
European country, no matter which. Everything about the
behaviour of American society reveals that it's half Judaised,
and the other half negrif led. How can one expect a State like
that to hold together — a State where 80 per cent of the revenue
is drained away for the public purse — a country where every-
thing is built on the dollar? From this point of view, I consider
the British State very much superior.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Muttonchips posted:

I'm sorry I ruined your Hitler thread with my retardation. :( Either way I don't really give a gently caress either way since I'm not German or Jewish. Combined with the fact that literally none of you will see my point of view this leads me to conclude only thing I can do is

MORE HITLER

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Sito posted:

I just wanted to talk about how good Hitler is, and I can't even do that without GBS trolls ruining it. FML

He is arguably the greatest orator of the 20th century. He sure as hell knew how to whip people into a frenzy- he'd been great on the professional wrestling circuit.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Muttonchips posted:

MORE HITLER

posting hitler gifs doesn't make up for your sheer disrespect for the man and his life's work.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Effectronica posted:

posting hitler gifs doesn't make up for your sheer disrespect for the man and his life's work.
What if I post Hitler and dog?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Effectronica posted:

hitler proudly said before he killed himself that while the reich has failed at least it purged the world of nearly half of the jewry and now muttonchips is discounting that proud achievement

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
He was actually a pretty fairly decent artist.

Also, he forbade the use of gas after getting gassed himself during WWI, which was badass. That and he had the single most iconic mustache of the 20th century.

He made Chaplain his bitch basically, and that's pretty awesome.

Ok, less conspiracy talk, more Hitler love. Got it.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
hahahahaha hitler sure was a gross drug addict idiot. but to be fair did he really kill THAT many jews? hahaha guys, im just asking questions i'm not weird or anything.

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW
Hilter lives.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
I feel like I can go on and on and on. And I will. To make up for my treachery let me sing some more praise of Hitler. Will that appease you? Good lord.

Here is he with his dog Blondi. He loved animals, which is always awesome.

This is actually my favorite picture of Hitler with Blondi but I can't find a bigger version. :(

It's pretty :3: how Hitler had a soft spot for dogs.

Blondi served his master well until the final day. When it came time to end their lives, Hitler chose to dose the dog with cyanide instead of shooting.

There was a whole excerpt in one of my books about how they had to kill all the dogs in the compound. It was one of the saddest things I've had to read. I think they killed off of Blondi's puppies and a whole mess of other dogs. Those poor innocent dogs. :(

Guy Fleegman posted:

Hilter lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7of0_IGq9T0

Muttonchips fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Tsinava posted:

hahahahaha hitler sure was a gross drug addict idiot. but to be fair did he really kill THAT many jews? hahaha guys, im just asking questions i'm not weird or anything.

hoho but wait let me tell you about how he liked dogs and killed them painfully (the body count is far inflated due to revisionist cats tho)

• Locked thread