Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woozle wuzzle
Mar 10, 2012
Hey jerks, I'm putting together another bitcoin law update thing, and I'm checking in so I don't duplicate efforts.

I'm looking at pirate's (trendon shaver) case, and there's a 2 hour audio recording of a July 14 hearing (different from the one I've posted before). Before I listen to 2 hours of this horseshit, has it been outted already? Have his case documents been outted? All of this is 100% public record viewable by anyone, scrubbed of private identifiers. So when I say outted, I mean taken the effort to pull it from PACER. I think you guys know he was fined $40m, but if buttcoin.org has all of the pdf's already posted then I don't need to look through them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

the recording is $3 on pacer but isn't in the recap archive at least http://www.plainsite.org/dockets/tykh7o2v/texas-eastern-district-court/securities-and-exchange-commission-v-shavers-et-al/

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

idk if my recap extension got it when i downloaded but here's the recording http://www.filedropper.com/sec

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

Don't worry, thermos will have that custom forum software (version 1.0.0) ready any day now.

reminder that bitcoiners donated hundreds of thousands of dollars (millions?) in bitcoin for a software update that never happened.

(lol giving bitcoin value)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

woozle wuzzle posted:

Hey jerks, I'm putting together another bitcoin law update thing, and I'm checking in so I don't duplicate efforts.

I'm looking at pirate's (trendon shaver) case, and there's a 2 hour audio recording of a July 14 hearing (different from the one I've posted before). Before I listen to 2 hours of this horseshit, has it been outted already? Have his case documents been outted? All of this is 100% public record viewable by anyone, scrubbed of private identifiers. So when I say outted, I mean taken the effort to pull it from PACER. I think you guys know he was fined $40m, but if buttcoin.org has all of the pdf's already posted then I don't need to look through them.

i don't recall anything interesting from pirate other than the judgement

go through all the bfl stuff, its hilarious without any legal training so it must be even crazier as an actual lawyer (especially the defense's response, jfc)

Samsquamsch
Jun 6, 2011

Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdooooown!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

reminder that bitcoiners donated hundreds of thousands of dollars (millions?) in bitcoin for a software update that never happened.

Hey, you think running a foolproof system of tagging and tracking known XXXXX SCAMMERS XXXXX is easy or cheap?

-agreed, woozle, if you could tell us more about BFL that would be wonderful. I can only imagine what's lurking beneath their already-shoddy public defense.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Samsquamsch posted:

Hey, you think running a foolproof system of tagging and tracking known XXXXX SCAMMERS XXXXX is easy or cheap?

yeah it costs so much they stopped that feature

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
bitcoin has reached a new stable price above 400. well, 365...

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

double-reminder that for at least a year or so after he just kept and held the bitcoins earmarked for fixing the forums, when someone would call him out on just sitting on them, he'd point at a price chart and indignantly say that he WISELY INVESTED THEM (by hodling, before hodling was cool)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

trucutru posted:

Don't worry, thermos will have that custom forum software (version 1.0.0) ready any day now.

I think you mean version 1

Software should be perfect the first time and not need updates.

Also thermos is probably karpeles. Trying to program it all himself in php.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

stolen from ...! in the black+white+stirring thread. i don't actually know who this is but at least one gibbiser thought this was big

quote:

Moolah CEO and Mintpal operator "Alex Green" is actually well-known scammer Ryan Gentle AKA Ryan Kennedy, who has a 10 year history of taking money from trusting members of online communities (docs.google.com)

submitted 4 hours ago by NeutralityMentality

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10JYJZ8-e_0SIXsDz_b2MYJxq8fVZ37PsOK689e4Bnng/pub

quote:

Moolah

Information released 10/15/2014 by Jackson Palmer & Ben Doernberg, in the interest of protecting the digital currency community at large, including investors in “Moolah PIE” profit shares, those with money held in the Mintpal currency exchange, and stakeholders in Syscoin.

Moolah recently announced bankruptcy and then quickly announced additional funding had been received, sparking press attention that has brought new information to the public.

After receiving several emails from concerned parties, including former employees, it’s come to light that “Alex Green”, CEO of Moolah appears to be well known internet scammer “Ryan Kennedy”, also known as “Ryan Humble,” “Ryan Gentle,” and many other pseudonyms. A simple Google search will lead you down the path of abuse, fraud and destruction he leaves in his wake.

From the information provided, it is clear that the many people affiliated with this individual were not aware of who they were dealing with. The employees of Moolah, Mintpal, and Dogecoin / SysCoin communities were led to believe this individual was named “Alex Green” and were not aware of his history when doing business with him. It is not believed they were part of any fraudulent or suspicious activity.

This all started after we received an email from an anonymous email address which read:

Clickable links from above email:

A detailed recounting of 10 years of Ryan’s activities can be found at https://encyclopediadramatica.es/Senshimedia (Cached)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=306947.0
http://stopryan.blogspot.co.uk/2006...yan-gentle.html

[...]

Moolah.io was not the first time that Ryan raised Bitcoins for a cryptocurrency project and then failed to follow through. In April of 2013 he announced the formation of Crypto.pm. The website’s design and investment offering are essentially identical to the Moolah PIE investment offering: https://web.archive.org/web/2013050...ypto.pm/invest. He claimed to have suffered a heart attack and received death threats, similar to the serious health problems and death threats Alex Green claimed to have experienced, and then disappeared. According to comments in a scam accusation thread on Bitcointalk, he was accused of taking over 500 BTC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=176756.0;all

Agronox posted:

What's fun is that the guy keeps posting in r/dogecoin and denies everything. He's alluded to taking legal action against the people that posted that doc. We're going to need to cart in more popcorn.

Agronox posted:

Oh, and reddit being reddit: the guy that posted the scammer's info has been banned site-wide for "doxxing."

The scammer is free to post as he pleases.

e: VVV

Greyhawk posted:

yeah, that same guy was the one person behind the rise and fall of dogecoin

:vince:

Same Great Paste fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 16, 2014

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Same Great Paste posted:

stolen from ...! in the black+white+stirring thread. i don't actually know who this is but at least one gibbiser thought this was big

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Greyhawk posted:

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

so i went to humble bundle to see if there was a way to get rid of my worthless fiat and it turns out bitcoin is no longer in a tiny, hard to see link. bitcoienrs no longer have to walk in through the back.

that said, a grayed out button implies, "we'd rather you didn't." wonder what google wallet did to upset humble bundle...

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

TVarmy posted:

so i went to humble bundle to see if there was a way to get rid of my worthless fiat and it turns out bitcoin is no longer in a tiny, hard to see link. bitcoienrs no longer have to walk in through the back.

that said, a grayed out button implies, "we'd rather you didn't." wonder what google wallet did to upset humble bundle...

aren't like <1% of all humble bundle sales from bitcoin?

there must be someone in the accounting department with a bitcoin boner who, at every Audit & Finance Committee meeting, is all "yes guys, please, it's totally still worth it!" to the rest of the board members shaking their heads in disbelief.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

TVarmy posted:

being google wallet i guess? tbh i never had a problem with it but loads of nerds hate google for lots of reasons so idk

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

quote:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitpay-one-million-merchants-taking-bitcoin-end-2016/
BitPay Plans to Have “One Million Merchants Taking Bitcoin by the End of 2016″

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8fg1s_look-around-you-sulphur_fun?start=310

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Tipps posted:

aren't like <1% of all humble bundle sales from bitcoin?

there must be someone in the accounting department with a bitcoin boner who, at every Audit & Finance Committee meeting, is all "yes guys, please, it's totally still worth it!" to the rest of the board members shaking their heads in disbelief.

less than 0.1% actually

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
google wallet still exists?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

wow already giving up on 2015 as the year of bitcoin

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

look, everyone loses their bitcoins because their computers get hacked and you can usually say bitcoins get hacked, even if its through a browser extension or bad password choice, because a linux was not used. linux is based on hackerproof technologies like openssh and bash.

they need to have a year of the linux desktop first.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Heavy_D posted:

bitcoin has reached a new stable price above 400. well, 365...

i'm super excited to see what monster they'll fight in next weeks episode :neckbeard:

will it be a bearwolf? a whaleshark? or maybe... the bearwhale had a mother? :aaa:

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

looking at this rally, i saw a few big orders push it almost over 400, followed by a quick fall to 385 propped up by a moderate buywall.

and in 10 minutes or so, the baby bullwhale died. rip.

e: the fact they are calling "not crashing anymore, with a dead cat bounce" a bull market is so great. they act like 400 is a huge barrier to overcome and incredible high, when a month ago they just slipped below 400 and the despair kicked in after months of the price falling.

TVarmy fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 16, 2014

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

suffix posted:

or maybe... the bearwhale had a mother? :aaa:

cryptowulf

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

vOv posted:

tbh i'd be worried about someone brute-forcing all possible combinations for the pixelated information, though this is obviously more of a concern with a screenshot than with something like a credit card

easily defeated by eyedropper color swapping random pixel blocks created tbqh

the whole process involves collapsing the selection area to usually single digit sizes, obv if its a native screenshot where the area to be blocked is already very small you just put the black bar

TVarmy posted:

there just aren't a lot of google wallet users who use it as their primary thing online, especially since the google wallet can now be used as mastercard debit physical cards like paypal debit cards

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Localbitcoins.com seller, A corporate investigator from my bank just called after locking my account - Any advice for me? - also scammed from a buyer (self.Bitcoin)

submitted an hour ago by 2radioactive4u

I have been selling for awhile, my account got locked down to "deposit only" a couple of days ago and today I received a message from a corporate investigator for the bank saying for me to call him tomorrow morning to talk about my account and bitcoins and everything else. It is one of the big 5 banks in Canada.

I also got scammed with a cash deposit reversal from my account yesterday. How that is even possible to do on a deposit only account is beyond comprehension for me. That one is deserving of a much more detailed post which will come over the next few days.

[–]kiisfm 1 point 13 minutes ago

Cut your losses and disappear

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hmm, the bank locked my account for fraud related activities, i should continue with these fraud related activities, OH NO I GOT DEFRAUDED. BANKS!!! :argh:

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

suffix posted:

i'm super excited to see what monster they'll fight in next weeks episode :neckbeard:

will it be a bearwolf? a whaleshark? or maybe... the bearwhale had a mother? :aaa:

when will nsa do the needful and remove the bounds on bitcoin fenrir?

e: also nobody ask who bitcoin loki is as no true bitcoiner is a dishonest trickster who steals poo poo at every opportunity.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Bouncing Bearbullcat

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Alan Smithee posted:

Bouncing Bearbullcat

how did you find out about my fursona? :stare:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

the whole process involves collapsing the selection area to usually single digit sizes, obv if its a native screenshot where the area to be blocked is already very small you just put the black bar

easier to select, overwrite with random noise, and then pixelate that imo

or just black it the gently caress out because we don't live in some bullshit spy movie

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

duTrieux. posted:

easier to select, overwrite with random noise, and then pixelate that imo

or just black it the gently caress out because we don't live in some bullshit spy movie

Maybe you don't

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

TVarmy posted:

when will nsa do the needful and remove the bounds on bitcoin fenrir?

held by a silvery blockchain forged from
the sound of a dead cat's bounce,
the neckbeard of a m'lady,
root beer and mountain dew,
the sell order of a bear,
the breath of a whale (which is also the aforementioned bear),
the spittle of a nerd

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
want to see all the various bitcoin jesus' nailed to crosses of gold.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

QuarkJets posted:

Maybe you don't

The honeysuckle blooms in the autumn of our innocence. I repeat, The Honeysuckle Blooms.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

duTrieux. posted:

The honeysuckle blooms in the autumn of our innocence. I repeat, The Honeysuckle Blooms.

The Satoshi yearns for a black thorned rose *tips fedora and unsheathes katana*

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Clan Nakamoto does not appreciate your… indiscretion.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
I'm watching the rise and rise (lol) of bitcoin and it's like if zeitgeist were better edited

e: oh my god he's complaining about mining rigs pissing off his wife because their basement is too hot i already won bingo

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

Ripoff posted:

being google wallet i guess? tbh i never had a problem with it but loads of nerds hate google for lots of reasons so idk

i remember some bundle site was having issues with the 'buy the bundle, mystery game will be added later' thing they do falling into the preorders gray area and payment processors not liking it

dunno if that's what going on here though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

LongDarkNight posted:

want to see all the various bitcoin jesus' nailed to crosses of fiat.

ftfy

• Locked thread