Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

The baby looks like it's giving some sort of threatening sexual innuendo. Would not want to run into that baby alone in a dark alley.

I know I wouldn't want to be in a dark alley with someone named Hannibal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

El Scotch posted:

I know I wouldn't want to be in a dark alley with someone named Hannibal.

His name is Hadrian

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Ikantski posted:

He's clearly not in over his head.

I appreciate this.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

His name is Hadrian

Maybe when the Third Trudeau Dynasty comes into power he'll build a wall to separate Nova-Scotia from the rest of this stupid country :allears:

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

So the NDP childcare thingy seems to have actually got some positive press for once

It's nice to see they are rolling out stuff now instead of waiting till the writ is dropped *stares menacingly at the BCNDP*

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Professor Shark posted:

Maybe when the Third Trudeau Dynasty comes into power he'll build a wall to separate Nova-Scotia from the rest of this stupid country :allears:

But Nova Scotia is so pretty :(

As long as you stay away from the Annapolis Valley. Thar be dragons (and poverty)

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

But Nova Scotia is so pretty :(

As long as you stay away from the Annapolis Valley. Thar be dragons (and poverty)

I'll go out on a limb here and say that Annapolis Valley is probably the least impoverished part of Nova Scotia.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

His name is Hadrian

I like my version better.

Also, the Annapolis Valley is lovely; just stay away from Goaler Mountain.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Alctel posted:

So the NDP childcare thingy seems to have actually got some positive press for once

Don't worry, the Conservatives are already on the attack with their repurposed Tea Party talking points:

quote:

"Somehow this idea that government-run daycare is the only solution to child care needs is, I think, erroneous," Candice Bergen, Minister of State for Social Development, told CBC's Power and Politics Tuesday night.

"Parents should decide, and that one-size-fits-all -- especially these big, huge government-run programs -- tend to eat up a whole bunch of money and produce very little results."

http://www.pressprogress.ca/en/post/conservatives-already-singing-tea-party-hymnbook-child-care-attack

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Big Government? I don't want the government that exists literally everywhere in my life to be any bigger... :ohdear:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Power on. The bar has cold beer. Nenshi's still a dead set, smug loving oval office. Life's back to normal, such as it is, in downtown Calgary.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

PT6A posted:

Power on. The bar has cold beer. Nenshi's still a dead set, smug loving oval office. Life's back to normal, such as it is, in downtown Calgary.

pt6a man, I don't hate you like the rest of the thread, but man, I am expecting some many :ironycat:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

bunnyofdoom posted:

pt6a man, I don't hate you like the rest of the thread, but man, I am expecting some many :ironycat:

I never said I'm not one, but as a private citizen, it's my prerogative to be so if I want.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

brucio posted:

I'll go out on a limb here and say that Annapolis Valley is probably the least impoverished part of Nova Scotia.

It's been a while since I was there, granted. But the area right around Greenwood? Not exactly booming.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

PT6A posted:

Nenshi's still a dead set, smug loving oval office.

You seem like a very unstable person and have admitted that people in your life are rubbed the wrong way by your political views, I think you should talk to someone professionally trained and not this thread.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

You seem like a very unstable person and have admitted that people in your life are rubbed the wrong way by your political views, I think you should talk to someone professionally trained and not this thread.

The "people in my life" that I know in real life think I'm insufficiently right-wing because I believe in things like a GMI, and that public money should not be funding private schools. I'm pretty much the second-most liberal person I know, and if people in my life are rubbed the wrong way by my political views, it will not be solved by listening to a bunch of pinkos on the Internet and joining Nenshi's personality cult.

I'm sorry you feel like "disagreeing with Forums Poster Professor Shark" is now evidence that I need professional help. At least I don't insinuate that people need therapy just because they disagree with me.

Also, for the record, I don't hate Nenshi because he disagrees with me sometimes, I hate him because he's a poisonous little rear end in a top hat who surrounds himself with personality cultists who act like the sun shines out of his fat, ugly purple-clad loving rear end and defend him against any perceived slight on social media. He is a loathsome person, even though I agree with a lot of his policies.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

PT6A posted:

I never said I'm not one, but as a private citizen, it's my prerogative to be so if I want.

Please dont shoot up my workplace.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

PT6A posted:

I'm sorry you feel like "disagreeing with Forums Poster Professor Shark" is now evidence that I need professional help. At least I don't insinuate that people need therapy just because they disagree with me.

Also, for the record, I don't hate Nenshi because he disagrees with me sometimes, I hate him because he's a poisonous little rear end in a top hat who surrounds himself with personality cultists who act like the sun shines out of his fat, ugly purple-clad loving rear end and defend him against any perceived slight on social media. He is a loathsome person, even though I agree with a lot of his policies.

*whoosh*

You caught me, my knee jerk reaction to anyone who disagrees with me in real life or on the internet is to accuse them of needing therapy, just check my post history- every second post is "get help" or "What do you mean Picard?! GET THERAPY!", you're just one of the hundreds that I've called out for needing help based on their posts.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

It's been a while since I was there, granted. But the area right around Greenwood? Not exactly booming.

Eh, it's booming compared to the rest of rural NS, and especially Cape Breton.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I read years ago that many parts of rural Cape Breton are unable to obtain house insurance because of the prevalence of feuds which involve burning down people's houses, which is pretty crazy.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Professor Shark posted:

I read years ago that many parts of rural Cape Breton are unable to obtain house insurance because of the prevalence of feuds which involve burning down people's houses, which is pretty crazy.

I thought this was an urban legend (so to speak) but nope.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

PT6A posted:

Your posts in this and the previous thread are all someone needs to tell you're a huge loving rear end in a top hat honestly.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Whiteycar posted:

Please dont shoot up my workplace.

I find it disturbing that anyone thinks I would resort to violence just because I'm upset with Nenshi being a miserable little prick. I can disagree with people, strongly at that, without believing anything bad should happen to them. I hope Nenshi loses power, and lives a long, boring life alone with his lovely attitude and what I suspect will be a large number of cats.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

PT6A posted:

Nenshi's still a dead set, smug loving oval office.

PT6A posted:

his fat, ugly purple-clad loving rear end

PT6A posted:

Because I have to see his fat, ugly loving face on TV

PT6A posted:

congealed gravy is flowing through his veins

You definitely need professional help.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Professor Shark posted:

*whoosh*

You caught me, my knee jerk reaction to anyone who disagrees with me in real life or on the internet is to accuse them of needing therapy, just check my post history- every second post is "get help" or "What do you mean Picard?! GET THERAPY!", you're just one of the hundreds that I've called out for needing help based on their posts.

You're kind of weird, dude, and not in a good way.

Whiskey Sours posted:

You definitely need professional help.

And the people who say the same about the Fords don't?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Brannock posted:

You're kind of weird, dude, and not in a good way.

No, it's definitely in a good way, plz seek professional help.

edit: hey, your only two posts in this thread are directed towards me... like what you're readin', sailor?

Professor Shark has issued a correction as of 01:12 on Oct 17, 2014

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
Shut up about PT6A.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

OSI bean dip posted:

Shut up about PT6A.

4 words: Senior Chief Petty Officer :smug:

Wait... poo poo, I mean: Yes, Admiral!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
So, a bird watching grup is the latest political group getting a CRA audit. Holy poo poo, this is literally third world dictator poo poo now.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yes, literally the same thing as secret police and death squads.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jordan7hm posted:

Yes, literally the same thing as secret police and death squads.

You literally waterboarded that strawman to death.

Edgar Quintero
Oct 5, 2004

POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS
DO NOT GIVE HEROIN
I think we should all start referring to Stephen Harper as God Emperor Stephen Harpertron the Magnificent, Steward of the Canadas, Viceroy to the Queen, Bringer of Light to the Savage Tribes. What do y'all think?

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
No way. He might like it.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, a bird watching grup is the latest political group getting a CRA audit. Holy poo poo, this is literally third world dictator poo poo now.

Strictly chance that the letter from CCRA arrived shortly after they sent letters to Aglukak. Absolutely nothing to do with concentrating power in the PMO and Cabinet. Nope. Not at all. Quite being paranoid.

And pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Anyone have that quote about businesses staying open by candlelight?

Nenshi is baller, seriously though.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

w00tmonger posted:

Anyone have that quote about businesses staying open by candlelight?

Nenshi is baller, seriously though.

During the flood or this latest outage? It's happened both times, safely, and money has been made. It is the spirit of Calgary as it ought to be, and luckily Enmax had that same spirit, which is why our power is on in 4 days instead of the 7 that were originally threatened. Our city is blessed because the people that live and work in it are better than the people who run it.

<Zappa>
City hall... It's a horrible place, painted all green, where bureaucrats and politicians, and other criminals from the civic government, take turns snorting detergent and plooking each other.
</Zappa>

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

drat that Nenshi, warning us that the outage might have been longer than it was. We have the market to thank for this! :freep:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Communocracy posted:

I think we should all start referring to Stephen Harper as God Emperor Stephen Harpertron the Magnificent, Steward of the Canadas, Viceroy to the Queen, Bringer of Light to the Savage Tribes. What do y'all think?

I don't have time for that, I have to go to work

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Apropos of nothing but the Daily Show, I found out that the Kansas City Star has no problem publishing editorials calling neocon politicians liars: https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/barbara-shelly/article2915118.html

More of that here, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

PT6A posted:

luckily Enmax had that same spirit, which is why our power is on in 4 days instead of the 7 that were originally threatened.

Are you telling me you have never before given an overly generous estimate on a task?

• Locked thread