Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dr. Hurt posted:

Sombrero why are you always thirsty for blood??

Lynches are important. I'd also vote you, I think.

Tremendous Taste posted:

we've been over how I feel about you ->EP

what I'm saying is that in the same post you push for a lynch now and say we have over a day left before deadline and that' weird

Right, but this isn't me, it's a different poster. I don't know why you're so gung-ho to defend Epsilon.

We have zero traction and the deadline is tomorrow night. I'm trying to get people talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Lynches are important. I'd also vote you, I think.

Right, but this isn't me, it's a different poster. I don't know why you're so gung-ho to defend Epsilon.

We have zero traction and the deadline is tomorrow night. I'm trying to get people talking.

I want to be clear that I'm not defending epsilon as a poster as much as I am wary of your tunneling on him. I don't see a "yes, town" there but I look to your criticisms and don't see the same things you do to warrant the war drums

Now admittedly that's not really fair to judge a player based on the cases against them but I don't think ep is a better lynch than pm today by any means when it's your odd posting against him and dragonatrix's which I'll have to take a better look at

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I am around, just working today so liable to be quiet.

Had intended to do an :effort: post, but patch 6. 0.2 dropped on wow last night and I got distracted. And no, that's not a breadcrumb, it's a thing that happened.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Pinterest Mother is scumhunting. I don't think the conclusions Pinterest comes to are correct, but he's trying to find scum. That's more than I can say of most people playing.

I don't want to lynch any of these players

Pinterest Mother
Dragonatrix
tithin

They're the only players I have good feelings about.

I have mixed feelings about FV. Also, as an aside, Mills is terrible for buying those mouse avatars.

FV says the hammer was terrible, but she wasn't pushing anything during the day, the other only real candidate was EP, and like Pmom says, we were less than an hour away.

Hurt has been posting a lot of white-noise. His lack of attention yesterday made it really easy to duck any accountability for the AC lynch. He's been chiming in with lots of witticisms and concern over the way the game is proceeding, but he isn't putting forward real opinions or trying to help lynch scum. Antagonizing Opopanax doesn't count.

I only looked at Crocker because he had a crappy non-vote yesterday and actually I'm down to murder him too.

mfcrocker posted:

Sorry, will be quite quiet for a couple of days as I might be getting laid off on Tuesday. Will try and keep an eye on the thread.

##unvote

Backs off tithin without saying anything real, just doesn't want to get caught on a bad turbo.

mfcrocker posted:

TT is probably still in jester mode from last game :P

Also this is the scummiest person so far cool bye

##vote Somberbrero

No reasoning whatsoever, couched in scummy nonchalance. This vote did not move despite subsequent posts.

mfcrocker posted:

I dunno, EP has seemed significantly less poo poo at this whole thing than last game. I feel he's an easy target. Trust me, I'll be keeping my eye out, but for now I'm pretty happy.

Also I'm less distracted now as I got laid off a day early wooooooop

This is the real problem post. Why is EP an easy target? If you don't think he's scum, why do you need to note that he's on notice? Why are you happy with your vote on me? This post doesn't read like you're talking to someone you think is scum. If I am scum, shouldn't pushing an ~easy target~ be an easy argument for you to make about my scumminess?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

tithin posted:

I am around, just working today so liable to be quiet.

Had intended to do an :effort: post, but patch 6. 0.2 dropped on wow last night and I got distracted. And no, that's not a breadcrumb, it's a thing that happened.

Can you give me opinions on Epsilon, Hurt, and Crocker? Whether you think they're town/scum, I'd appreciate it if you could support the conclusion with one relevant quote. If you're not ~sure~ then just say whether they're more town than scum or more scum than town.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dragon's made four real posts of consequence and I already established that I think

Dragonatrix posted:

yeah this

also ##vote tt since he wants it so bad

and

Dragonatrix posted:

yeah okay guess if were being sorta serious now then ##unvote for now

are scummy. In context it doesn't look like his vote on me was a joke, but again it's possible since he hasn't posted all that much. Not necessarily a tell but lurking can be a scum crutch for a weak vote.

The one real effortpost is the one you linked.

Dragonatrix posted:

just goin' through peoples posts to see if somethin jumps out at me since i probably should (and somb reminded me i kinda meant to originally anyone) and, well...

well, aC was on your shortlist but this seems like a really weird and sudden shift in your reasoning

like there wasnt even 20 minutes between your uncertainty of it so not wanting to vote but deciding "oh wait i should totally vote just in case" like you wanted to be seen to have been contributing even if time runs out or something

i wouldnt say so but this kinda unneeded snipe came sort of out of nowhere and seems like you wanted to more obstruct somb's questioning than anything else. and it worked. you completely managed to derail where the thread was going at the time.

pmom didnt really help there by answering in a super deflective manner that really looking back comes off as not wanting to even try to scumhunt though!

even with that right now im most inclined to ##vote ep just on balance

It has an odd shoutout to you, which isn't important now but could be buddying up I guess, and an objection to provisional voting which I don't buy in any capacity knowing our community's tendencies to no lynch unintentionally.

I guess I see where he's coming from with the derail but at the time I thought it was relevant to multiple votes on the leader

yeah ep could be worth a vote on behavior but it's not like there's lock tight casing

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'll try to do so after work. Phone posting for the next 12 hours sadly, but sure, I'll do a retread on those 3.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Why do you have a good feeling about dragon? all I'm seeing is him namedropping you and voting the same person you are

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

Why do you have a good feeling about dragon? all I'm seeing is him namedropping you and voting the same person you are

Ding ding ding!!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't think you're scum because you've been active and engaged, so I'm genuinely confused by your misrepresentation here. It feels like you're deliberately distorting information.

Tremendous Taste posted:

[draggy posts]are scummy. In context it doesn't look like his vote on me was a joke, but again it's possible since he hasn't posted all that much. Not necessarily a tell but lurking can be a scum crutch for a weak vote.

I agree those posts were scummy, I mentioned them before. I don't know why you are bothering to suggest that Drag may or may not be scum for lurking. Lurking is anti-town but never indicative of alignment regardless.

Tremendous Taste posted:

It has an odd shoutout to you, which isn't important now but could be buddying up I guess, and an objection to provisional voting which I don't buy in any capacity knowing our community's tendencies to no lynch unintentionally.

It could be buddying up, you guess? Why do you feel the need to hedge your opinion this much? I mean, to get to the point why are we talking about Dragonatrix unless you think that he is scum or you think that I am scum?

I feel like you're taking this whole game out of context. Nothing is airtight. I agree with Dragon's casing. He made a good faith effort to find scum and put forward solid, real opinions. It's unfair to dismiss Dragon's post, especially when no one else has made a better argument.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dr. Hurt posted:

Ding ding ding!!

The way you're just commenting on innocuous points to avoid actually saying anything is tedious and scummy.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I don't think you're scum because you've been active and engaged, so I'm genuinely confused by your misrepresentation here. It feels like you're deliberately distorting information.

I'm not trying to misrepresent. He has four posts after start, and three of them are scummy. The fourth is the megapost, which basically includes the shoutout and a tenuous case on ep

quote:

It could be buddying up, you guess? Why do you feel the need to hedge your opinion this much? I mean, to get to the point why are we talking about Dragonatrix unless you think that he is scum or you think that I am scum?

It's relevant to why one ought to vote ep or not. ep's posting isn't worst of all in a vaccum so there'd better be a compelling reason and I don't see it. If anything dragon's hardly better.

quote:

I feel like you're taking this whole game out of context. Nothing is airtight. I agree with Dragon's casing. He made a good faith effort to find scum and put forward solid, real opinions. It's unfair to dismiss Dragon's post, especially when no one else has made a better argument.

what context is there? He made one non scummy post in the entirety of the game and you're willing to call him town for it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If hurt was scum he'd probably not be posting at all :v:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Sorry I've been distracted with work and now I have a friend from overseas just arrived.

I re-read D1 and I think EP looks really bad. He tries to argue semantics, has no opinions on anyone and then chucks an easy vote on the lynch leader.

##vote EP

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

The way you're just commenting on innocuous points to avoid actually saying anything is tedious and scummy.

It is called having fun Sombrero. I am trying to have fun. You are always very very serious about mafia.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You want some thoughts? Here's some thoughts. Sombrero is tunneling like he typically does. A bloodhound with an axe to grind, particularly EP. I don't find EP that scummy, even based off Dragon's Highly lauded posts. Also fiery don't vote that. EP ain't scum.

I don't like how Pin Mom acted at the beginning of the day based off of this

Pinterest Mom posted:

wait no that's a super weak defense lol

##vote tithin

and this

Pinterest Mom posted:

i think you slipped up, now we know that all townies have joke names, and now you're trying to retcon what you said earlier :shrug:

Mom knows it's bad, (says later that it's weak) but doubles down on it right after stepping off. His reasoning makes no sense and is forced trying to hedge somebody in a corner.

Would vote for mom.

Tremendous Taste posted:

If hurt was scum he'd probably not be posting at all :v:

:mrgw:

THEMS THE NEWS. YOU GOT THE NEWS. NOW I'M GOING TO BE MAYOR OF A TINY TOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE AND THEN GO TO BED.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Somberbrero posted:

FV says the hammer was terrible, but she wasn't pushing anything during the day, the other only real candidate was EP, and like Pmom says, we were less than an hour away.

No I wasn't saying the hammer was terrible. I was saying tithin's vote (which I thought was the hammer) was terrible. He had a post going "I don't really want to bandwagon" and in the next post did so.

Also an hour is heaps of time. I turned up 45 mins to deadline and the day was already over. PM is suspicious for ending the day so early in my opinion and I don't like that you are defending that.

Right now I think I'd like to lynch EP, PM or Opop.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I got home from work two and a half hours late and will reply to allegations tomorrow

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I don't disagree with you that it was a poo poo house vote, but with only an hour left, and only one clear contender I thought I'd roll the dice because in the grand scheme of things, there being an hour left doesn't matter if no one else is there to vote.

I don't like bandwagons, but I did it because it was either lynch or miss out was my rationale.

Effort post in an hour or two.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Epsilon, Hurt, and Crocker

Hi, okay, I was asked to do a re-read of Epsilon, Hurt and Crocker, whether I think they're towny or scum, and possible quotes.

I'm also going to preface this by saying that for the minute? I'm not voting for anyone, plenty of time left.

Epsilon

Not a massive amount of posts (thank you) - and a lot of breadcrumbing that he's vaguely sega related.

Epsilon Plus posted:

btw quote this if you ever actually had a sega saturn/played Daytona USA on one

gotta know who's cool

Epsilon Plus posted:

I had a Genesis amd a Saturn

(there was a rumor that they would be backwards compatible. this was False.)

He's contradicted himself later by saying that his specific flavour is -

Epsilon Plus posted:

Just stopping by to state that my flavor is "Giant enemy crab", so I think Pintrest Mom is right in that town have silly names. I don't think this validates suspicion of Tithin, just want to clear the air so we can discuss more important things.

That's not neccessarily a sign of scumminess though - and giant enemy crab is a video game related meme, so I could vaguely buy it.

Outside of this, most of his posts are one or two sentences long, which could be a sign of scumminess or it could just be a sign of someone being unable to commit long term to a game.

There's not a whole lot of scum hunting going on in his posts either - mostly defending himself from Sombrero which I find difficult to find fault with, considering that I've spent a good chunk of my own posts defending myself from people.

Tithin Judgement - Lazy townie, low chance of being scum

Dr. Hurt

Lots of rolling start references, Whole lot of chatter.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Man where is everyone this game. Also yeah Capps why is Taste scum? He's just being a refugee from YCS.

Deadline is tomorrow. As of right now we've got Tithin's awful sleep deprived post calling Pin Mom a scum for Rolling Start.

Somber Bro, what's your reason for Epsilon besides gut? Gut and precedence?

We've got an interaction here between him and known scum - defending TT. This doesn't neccessarily mean he's (Dr Hurt) town in a game with two scum teams, but it's certainly a point in his favour.

Most of his content posts are questioning the reasoning behind why people are voting the way they are, and that's certainly not something most scum are going to try to encourage.

Dr. Hurt posted:

You want some thoughts? Here's some thoughts. Sombrero is tunneling like he typically does. A bloodhound with an axe to grind, particularly EP. I don't find EP that scummy, even based off Dragon's Highly lauded posts. Also fiery don't vote that. EP ain't scum.

I don't like how Pin Mom acted at the beginning of the day based off of this

and this

Mom knows it's bad, (says later that it's weak) but doubles down on it right after stepping off. His reasoning makes no sense and is forced trying to hedge somebody in a corner.

Would vote for mom.

This is probably the most telling post here - there's definitely a judgement made and reasons given - I am, however biased on this particular exchange, given the topic of conversation.

Judgement - 90% town, with a side of friendly banter.

mfcrocker

Not much here for me to make a judgement call off given -

mfcrocker posted:

Sorry, will be quite quiet for a couple of days as I might be getting laid off on Tuesday. Will try and keep an eye on the thread.

##unvote

It is however immediately followed up by

mfcrocker posted:

TT is probably still in jester mode from last game :P

Also this is the scummiest person so far cool bye

##vote Somberbrero

Which is a really really weird vote made with no justification provided that I can read.

mfcrocker posted:

I dunno, EP has seemed significantly less poo poo at this whole thing than last game. I feel he's an easy target. Trust me, I'll be keeping my eye out, but for now I'm pretty happy.

Also I'm less distracted now as I got laid off a day early wooooooop

(sorry about the layoff Bud)

mfcrocker posted:

This is a town EP if you ask me.

Very defensive of EP - which is giving me cause to reconsider my "probably not scum" thoughts.

mfcrocker posted:

I'm Sony's $300 Persona 4 Portable machine, which is just great :3:

This however is the most curious to me - here's the flavours we know for a fact are real -

Genesis Does What Nintendon't (Vanilla Town) - Meme & Console
Facebook (Casual-aligned Scum) - Platform

Claimed roles

Nintendo's big purple lunchbox - Console - Tithin
Giant Enemy Crab - Meme - Epsilon Plus
The very existence of the Halo franchise - Pinterest Mom (this one stands out to me, as neither a meme nor a console reference, nor a platform)
"I'm pretty sure I'm just the wii-u. Aka the best console." - Somberbrero (can't make a judgement call without the full flavour)
Sony's $300 Persona 4 Portable machine - Meme & Console

In MFCrockers case, we've got something that's both meme AND console, which likely indicates he is town because it follows the standard naming convention we can see with the on confirmed flip we've got.

That said, this assumes he's not lying.

Tithin Judgement - Eh, 50/50, but possibly the scummiest I've seen next to Pinterest Mom.

And no, I won't do a thing on Pinterest Mom, because people know I've got an OMGUS against him, so anything I say won't be taken seriously. I'll let someone else do a read and post their impressions.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I am sad that being flippant for fun is seen as scummy :smith:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I didn't say you were scum!

In fact I said that your flavour marked you as quite probably town - :greencube:

I also didn't vote for anyone because I'm not convinced you're scum! post more!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Also I literally bought a PSVita on release in anticipation of Persona 4, so your flavour struck a chord with me :3:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I'll likely put out a less flippant post once EP comes out with their defence :)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Can we lynch EP now? 28 hours until deadline.

Somber's reasoning seems to be mostly "I think Epsilon is scum, look at this scumminess, augh it's everywhere kill it kill it killlllll murder blood death" so, y'know. He's even admitted he's tunneling me:

Somberbrero posted:

I will agree that Epsilon is scum and also I am too focused on lynching him.

His second post in the thread is targeting me and Pinterest Mom, and now Pinterest Mom is on his "do not vote" list? You were so sure the last day until you saw that nobody was going for it, so you doubled down on me. You also still haven't admitted that you can't be "two for two" on someone who's only been scum once? You are frankly, being ridiculous, and I don't think you're helping the town gain any traction on a lynch.

Moving on:

Dragonatrix posted:

well, aC was on your shortlist but this seems like a really weird and sudden shift in your reasoning

like there wasnt even 20 minutes between your uncertainty of it so not wanting to vote but deciding "oh wait i should totally vote just in case" like you wanted to be seen to have been contributing even if time runs out or something

I specifically mentioned that I was unsure if I would be present for the deadline. Surprise, I was busy at work and spent my breaks (unfortunately) doing work poo poo. I had an opinion, and explained my reasoning for it. I don't think there was a "sudden shift in [my] reasoning" given that I knew I was voting between the two and then made my choice.

Dragonatrix posted:

i wouldnt say so but this kinda unneeded snipe came sort of out of nowhere and seems like you wanted to more obstruct somb's questioning than anything else. and it worked. you completely managed to derail where the thread was going at the time.

I think Somber's being ridiculous and is avoiding any criticism. A lot of his posts are "this guy is scum for reasons" without ever really presenting anything concrete*. I wanted to shine a light on him and, surprise, not everyone views him positively.

* Am I probably biased here because Somber is out for my blood? Yes.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

tithin posted:

Not a massive amount of posts (thank you) - and a lot of breadcrumbing that he's vaguely sega related.

It was a fun-and-games joke phase. Breadcrumbing my flavor doesn't really make any sense, and if I was actually breadcrumbing it I'd come up with a better flavor claim.

tithin posted:

Outside of this, most of his posts are one or two sentences long, which could be a sign of scumminess or it could just be a sign of someone being unable to commit long term to a game.

There's not a whole lot of scum hunting going on in his posts either - mostly defending himself from Sombrero which I find difficult to find fault with, considering that I've spent a good chunk of my own posts defending myself from people.

Yeah, I've been busy with stuff. Sorry mafia friendos.

You've got a point there, though - I've been spending most of my time defending myself against Somberbrero. If I just start ignoring Somberbrero, he's going to say I'm scum. Then again, if I reply to Somberbrero, he's going to call me scum. Attempt to scumhunt, scum. Bake him a cake? Scumcake.

tithin posted:

Dr. Hurt
We've got an interaction here between him and known scum - defending TT. This doesn't neccessarily mean he's (Dr Hurt) town in a game with two scum teams, but it's certainly a point in his favour.

:siren: :siren: :siren: Woah there! You can't call anyone "known scum". This is intentionally misleading. The only known scum so far is Capps. We don't know poo poo until a flip. I don't think Hurt smells like roses, no, but you can't make claims like that.

tithin posted:

Most of his content posts are questioning the reasoning behind why people are voting the way they are, and that's certainly not something most scum are going to try to encourage.

Without questioning reasoning, we're basically just going to be going "Well I think X is scum!" "Jolly good, loving murder him!". Questioning the responses of others is important in scumhunting, as it makes them go more in-depth into their decisions. Moreover you then say

tithin posted:

Judgement - 90% town, with a side of friendly banter.

which is pathetic given the reasoning you just gave. Your statements are not matching your judgements.

I'm not even going to break down your statements on mfcrocker because they're feeble. More feeble than everything else, at least. You somehow think mfcrocker is the scummiest despite pointing the strongest fingers at Hurt? You are non-congruent. People might think you're making an effort, but I think you have darker intent.

##vote tithin

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Do I honestly have to respond to that or can we just lynch Epsilon and move on to day three?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

I don't think you're scum because you've been active and engaged, so I'm genuinely confused by your misrepresentation here...Lurking is anti-town but never indicative of alignment regardless.

I don't get this line of thinking. Anyone being active can't be scummy, even if their actions are, but not being active doesn't mean someone is scum?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

I don't get this line of thinking. Anyone being active can't be scummy, even if their actions are, but not being active doesn't mean someone is scum?

Yeah, that was poorly phrased, but I'd be surprised if Taste was scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok, why? Being active and engaged doesn't speak to alignment anymore than lurking does. If you don't like what he's saying, what makes him town in your eyes?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

Ok, why? Being active and engaged doesn't speak to alignment anymore than lurking does. If you don't like what he's saying, what makes him town in your eyes?

Taste has been driving discussion and getting people to post, that's town. Even if I thought he were scum I wouldn't really want to lynch one of the more active players in the thread.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Taste has been driving discussion and getting people to post, that's town. Even if I thought he were scum I wouldn't really want to lynch one of the more active players in the thread.

What?? That's completely ridiculous. It is to scums advantage to control the conversation and post a lot. Your idea that lack of effort gives folks a pass is laughable. LAUGHABLE. I'm doing it right now. Right in your drat face. Ha. Haha ha HA HA HA HA HAHAHA AH AHA HAHA HAHA HA HA HA HA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
H
AA
AAHAHAH

HA
HA
HA
HAHA
H
A
H
A
H
A

Your idea is dumb.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Epsilon Plus posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: Woah there! You can't call anyone "known scum". This is intentionally misleading. The only known scum so far is Capps. We don't know poo poo until a flip. I don't think Hurt smells like roses, no, but you can't make claims like that.

Did you deliberately misread what I said?

He has an interaction with :siren:known scum Mr capps:siren:

quote:

which is pathetic given the reasoning you just gave. Your statements are not matching your judgements.

I was asked to give an opinion and reasons why - to my mind and based on my read he's the most town like.

quote:

I'm not even going to break down your statements on mfcrocker because they're feeble. More feeble than everything else, at least. You somehow think mfcrocker is the scummiest despite pointing the strongest fingers at Hurt? You are non-congruent. People might think you're making an effort, but I think you have darker intent.

##vote tithin

How the gently caress did you read what I wrote (and presumably my subsequent posts directed @ crocker) and take the exact opposite of both my intention and written word from.

This is the scummiest play yet - I wasn't convinced prior, but this has to be deliberate.

##vote Epsilon Plus

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dr. Hurt posted:

What?? That's completely ridiculous. It is to scums advantage to control the conversation and post a lot. Your idea that lack of effort gives folks a pass is laughable. LAUGHABLE. I'm doing it right now. Right in your drat face. Ha. Haha ha HA HA HA HA HAHAHA AH AHA HAHA HAHA HA HA HA HA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
H
AA
AAHAHAH

HA
HA
HA
HAHA
H
A
H
A
H
A

Your idea is dumb.

I used to think that but I've played a few games recently where I've pushed for lynching content leaders early on and then the game sputtered out.

This feels like a tangent that's not productive to finding scums.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Somberbrero, I hate your reactions to that post. You've put a ton of pressure on EP and, in my view, he hasn't really buckled to it (whereas last game he got very obviously scummily upset).

You've made this entire game about you and him so far, and one of you needs to die. I choose you.

##vote Somberbrero

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dr. Hurt posted:

H
AA
AAHAHAH

HA
HA
HA
HAHA
H
A
H
A
H
A

Your idea is dumb.

This is not a helpful or productive post. What is your opinion on Somber for his idea? What do you think of his alignment?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote Dr Hurt

A read of his post history shows he's made a couple of weak opinions on people being scummy, but he never backs it up with votes or attempts to get those people lynched. He criticises the play of others but doesn't make alignment calls based on it. There is no scum hunting effort in his posts.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

He does that as scum too. See Rarity's X-men Mafia if you want an example.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

tithin posted:

And no, I won't do a thing on Pinterest Mom, because people know I've got an OMGUS against him, so anything I say won't be taken seriously. I'll let someone else do a read and post their impressions.

What do you think of Hurt's case on me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

I used to think that but I've played a few games recently where I've pushed for lynching content leaders early on and then the game sputtered out.

This feels like a tangent that's not productive to finding scums.

Yeah I'll defend that. Later lynches matter more than early ones (or at least they feel like they do) and you'd rather be choosing between active players with lots of posts than between lurkers when it comes down to the wire.

• Locked thread