Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tirux
Apr 28, 2010

The wolf is at your door.
I am sorry if this has been answered before but I am kinda desperate to know... how do you play the new levels and adventure map? It doesn't show up in my game, even though I downloaded the free pack, restarted the game twice and checked the eShop for any pending downloads.

EDIT: I could finally download it. Visiting the eShop from the game didn't work, but doing so from the Wii U menu did.

Tirux fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
If you only downloaded the free pack the map will not show up, because it's part of the paid DLC.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I didn't get a chance to try the summoning gate until now and hot drat it owns

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Tirux posted:

I am sorry if this has been answered before but I am kinda desperate to know... how do you play the new levels and adventure map? It doesn't show up in my game, even though I downloaded the free pack, restarted the game twice and checked the eShop for any pending downloads.

EDIT: I could finally download it. Visiting the eShop from the game didn't work, but doing so from the Wii U menu did.

To anyone else having the problem, don't quick start your console, it will install the dlc as a patch.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Beat Zelda's level 2 baton mission. Great tips in the thread. Tried out Volga and he's a loving machine. Haven't touched Cia or Wizzro yet-- kinda dumped all the rupees I had into Volga because he's who I wanted to try the most. I'd rather hold off on them a bit anyway until I get their upgraded weapons.

What's the word on the Master Quest adventure map, anyway? I know I already asked earlier but it was hella early-- has anyone gotten far enough into it to see if there's anything as annoying as the quiz battles or "defeat x enemies in y minutes" stages? Sorry if me asking this constantly is annoying, it's just I really do want to get the DLC but I dislike playing those stages enough that it might be a dealbreaker.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
There all new stage types

That said they also have secondary restrictions like no blocking and don't get hit

You aren't ready

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Hey man I'm down with not blocking or not getting hit as long as there are waves and waves of mooks to plow down because that's where the game shines.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Kaubocks posted:

What's the word on the Master Quest adventure map, anyway? I know I already asked earlier but it was hella early-- has anyone gotten far enough into it to see if there's anything as annoying as the quiz battles or "defeat x enemies in y minutes" stages? Sorry if me asking this constantly is annoying, it's just I really do want to get the DLC but I dislike playing those stages enough that it might be a dealbreaker.

All the old types of missions are still in, and there are some new ones. There's one where you have to push your KO count as high as it'll go in X minutes. There's one where you have to deal with people turning traitor a lot like in the Sealed Grounds level of Legend Mode. There's one where all your keeps are on 1 HP and you can't let them fall while defeating specific enemies.

All Master Quest levels have additional caveats to deal with too. No Blocking, No Healing, One Hit Point Wonder, Time Limit of 15 Minutes. Probably more I forgot.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

All Master Quest levels have additional caveats to deal with too. No Blocking, No Healing, One Hit Point Wonder, Time Limit of 15 Minutes. Probably more I forgot.

No Attack Items (Bombs, Bow, Boomerang, Hookshot)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

There's one where all your keeps are on 1 HP and you can't let them fall while defeating specific enemies.

This is my favorite new level type so far. It's pretty hectic, but fun running all over the place in a panic.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Finally got Gannondorf unlocked, as well as Agitha. :woop:

Saw that Gannondorf started at level 1, was tempted to throw down some Rupees in the Dojo for him but decided not to and just ran him through his first Legend map and Agitha's unlock map after picking up some badges for him.

He's currently level 14 from just slaughtering anything foolish enough to stand in the Demon King's path. :getin:

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
The weapon i want most is Agitha using the Magic Armor like the Juggernaut

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't wait for the swimsuit costume DLC

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Jesus Christ Volga is a loving steamroller.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everything in this update is awesome. The master quest map is what adventure mode should have been from the start, and I think Cia can just infinitely juggle captains with her basic combo. DLCOTY 2014. Lana's new costume is also way less bad, but she loses her sweet boots.

mabels big day posted:

Ghirahim will be king of the beach.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Oct 17, 2014

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

The more I think about this, the more I actually want it. Especially if it comes after the Groose and tingle dlc.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
So in the swimsuit DLC does Midna get extra clothes or...

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jsor posted:

So in the swimsuit DLC does Midna get extra clothes or...

I dunno, but Ganondorf definitely gets a speedo.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I remember reading that "something special awaits Cia at the end of her story" floating around advertisements so a little bummed when the reward was literally nothing.

Also as odd as it is I actually felt pretty sympathetic during her final level, because christ things fell down on her HARD. Her constant "I-I don't need you! The hero will protect me!" during it just made it unusually sad.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I just played through Cia's campaign in Legends got to give all the new guys a spin. Goddamn. :stare: Cia and Volga are both obscene. Cia is better at killing weak points than just about anybody else I've played, and Volga just doesn't need them. His dragon transformation does a shitton of damage.

Wizro is a lot of fun to play and he seems pretty good, but he's nowhere near as good as the other two.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

THE loving MOON posted:

I just played through Cia's campaign in Legends got to give all the new guys a spin. Goddamn. :stare: Cia and Volga are both obscene. Cia is better at killing weak points than just about anybody else I've played, and Volga just doesn't need them. His dragon transformation does a shitton of damage.

Wizro is a lot of fun to play and he seems pretty good, but he's nowhere near as good as the other two.

Cia is good at smashing weakpoints on everything
Volga is good at smashing dudes in general
Wizzro is excellent at smashing framerate.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I remember reading that "something special awaits Cia at the end of her story" floating around advertisements so a little bummed when the reward was literally nothing.

Also as odd as it is I actually felt pretty sympathetic during her final level, because christ things fell down on her HARD. Her constant "I-I don't need you! The hero will protect me!" during it just made it unusually sad.

Being a hardcore Link fangirl is a pretty relatable and understandable character motivation for anything really.

I was kinda hoping for a what-if story where Cia actually wins, but I guess explaining why Wizzro was conspicuously absent during Cia's last stand is okay. Really what I wanted was a version of events where Volga goes full Lu Bu and single-handedly defeats everyone, dude even got Lu Bu's "yell so hard your foes die" attack, now with added pyrotechnics.

Edit: Really Cia's story is the tale of a brave Lizalfos/Dinolfos duo fighting the odds and losing.

a cartoon duck fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 17, 2014

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I think my favorite little detail was in the caves level, the one bombchu in the center base in the caves not working, explaining why there's just this giant bomb mouse sitting around abandoned when the Hyrulian forces show up there weeks later.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo I just skipped Volga's Rank 2 weapon and went straight to Rank 3. :stare:

Volga is obscene.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

Being a hardcore Link fangirl is a pretty relatable and understandable character motivation for anything really.

I was kinda hoping for a what-if story where Cia actually wins, but I guess explaining why Wizzro was conspicuously absent during Cia's last stand is okay. Really what I wanted was a version of events where Volga goes full Lu Bu and single-handedly defeats everyone, dude even got Lu Bu's "yell so hard your foes die" attack, now with added pyrotechnics.

Edit: Really Cia's story is the tale of a brave Lizalfos/Dinolfos duo fighting the odds and losing.

I honestly wonder what Cia's popularity is like in Japan, because between being Tits McGee and being one of those endearing characters you can't help but root for, she can't be hated over there. Maybe she'll someday get her happy ending after all? :shobon:

And another addition from the guy who gave the true canon story of Cia:

Apparently Lana got all the toys.

Also all of the new characters/weapons are awesome, and I don't even have all their combos yet. Can't wait for the Twilight Princess pack in a few months.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 17, 2014

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I actually failed the first Cia mission. Goodness. These don't mess around, to be sure.

e: I just realized I was playing on Hard, which would explain quite a bit.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

I was kinda hoping for a what-if story where Cia actually wins

Hmm. Remember(Although I might be mis-remembering) that the last bit of DLC we know of after the various game-based packs is some sort of 'Evil Campaign' or something. We MIGHT get our wish.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

RyokoTK posted:

I actually failed the first Cia mission. Goodness. These don't mess around, to be sure.

e: I just realized I was playing on Hard, which would explain quite a bit.

I made the same mistake.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So I just picked this game up and I'm honestly loving the hell out of it. My only beef is that it's kind of hard to find Gold Skulltulas. I'm early in and missed the one in the second level (fire caves). If I replay the level on Free Mode will I still find that same Skulltula or do I have to repeat the level on story mode?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
You can do it in Free Mode. Headphones helped a lot for me, they have an obvious audio cue when you do.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

RyokoTK posted:

You can do it in Free Mode. Headphones helped a lot for me, they have an obvious audio cue when you do.

They also only have one or two spawning locations per map. So if you see one you can expect all the others to be in that exact place in the future if the web is also in the same place.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Impa's animations are really cool. I love how she handles that giant cleaver knife thing. I've never played a Dynasty Warriors-type game before, but I think I'm in love.

Sheik feels weird, but I like that she handles a lot differently from Link or Imps

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Sheik feels weird, but I like that she handles a lot differently from Link or Imps

Sheik lives and dies by her buffs and it works so great.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Impa's animations are really cool. I love how she handles that giant cleaver knife thing. I've never played a Dynasty Warriors-type game before, but I think I'm in love.

If you haven't figured it out, Sheik's combos dial up an element and then her standing strong attack gives a buff or AoE based on that element.
Water: shield, not sure if it absorbs damage or prevents knockback.
Fire: ground effect that explodes a few seconds later
Lightning: AoE around you that lasts about ten seconds
Dark: Gravity well
Light: Ground AoE that will refill your special bar if you stand in it.

Figuring out how to use those changes Sheik from interesting and good to amazing. Various other characters have unique effects as well. The weapon description usually gives some info on it, but some are clearer than others so if you have a question just ask here. Lana's third weapon in particular really needs knowledge of how it works.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Bruceski posted:

If you haven't figured it out, Sheik's combos dial up an element and then her standing strong attack gives a buff or AoE based on that element.
Water: shield, not sure if it absorbs damage or prevents knockback.
Fire: ground effect that explodes a few seconds later
Lightning: AoE around you that lasts about ten seconds
Dark: Gravity well
Light: Ground AoE that will refill your special bar if you stand in it.

Figuring out how to use those changes Sheik from interesting and good to amazing. Various other characters have unique effects as well. The weapon description usually gives some info on it, but some are clearer than others so if you have a question just ask here. Lana's third weapon in particular really needs knowledge of how it works.

The water shield does both I think, but it definitely negates damage and is what makes Sheik so broken.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Alacron posted:

The water shield does both I think, but it definitely negates damage and is what makes Sheik so broken.

That and Shiek's solid, fast, safe damage, good weakness attacks, good giant boss killing, a gravity well, and the special attack charging field that powers arguably the best special attack in the game.

Shiek is busted as hell basically, and if you play Shiek you are a dumb butt who hates even the faintest whiff of challenge. Even Volga, gauntlet Link, and Ganondorf have at least some weaknesses.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Alacron posted:

So THAT is why I seemed to be blocking attacks automatically!

Well poo poo. I figured I'd be playing Midna all the time when I finally unlocked her but maybe Sheik is the way to be.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

I just did all three paths of the story, so I guess I'm about halfway through Legend mode.

Does Fi suck as much as I think? Her YYX takes forever to start and as much as I love the YYYX ramming tons of enemies it just doesn't seem enough.

So far Impa is amazing and I kinda dig Lana, both her YYXXX and her YYYXXX are amazing. Sheik is growing on me now that I understand the moveset.

Haven't tried any others yet.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

So THAT is why I seemed to be blocking attacks automatically!

Well poo poo. I figured I'd be playing Midna all the time when I finally unlocked her but maybe Sheik is the way to be.

Aside from Agatha I haven't found anyone I actively dislike playing. They did a good job of making all the characters/weapons feel pretty distinct and fun, even if some are funner than others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Fi owns

• Locked thread