Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Poonerman posted:

Jeremy Stoltz @BearReport
Ugly scene in #bears locker room right after game. Lots of yelling, players pulled out of room

lmao

For a split second I associated Bears with Orton and imagined a bunch of good vibes and Brian Hoyer-esque dancing.

Then I remembered that these are not Kyle Orton's Bears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Prozach posted:

Even if it should have been reviewed I didn't see anything conclusive to overturn anything. Isn't it always whoever comes out of the pile with the ball gets the ball?

The Rams were consistently better than the Seahawks apart from Wilson and Lynch, and everything good that Lynch does gets nullified by the dumbass linemen so that's a wash anyway.

Did the Seahawks not come up with the ball? They called the original runner down which is why it wasn't a turnover

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

My favorite factoid of the week is that the Chicago Blackhawks were the last team to win at Soldier Field. That was in January of this year.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Prozach posted:

Even if it should have been reviewed I didn't see anything conclusive to overturn anything. Isn't it always whoever comes out of the pile with the ball gets the ball?

The Rams were consistently better than the Seahawks apart from Wilson and Lynch, and everything good that Lynch does gets nullified by the dumbass linemen so that's a wash anyway.

Yeah, had they challenged the ball it would have come back as inconclusive. The last time you see the ball it is between a Seahawks players legs, but last I checked that doesn't count as possession.

Fact is, the Rams beat the Seahawks straight up. If people need something to blame, blame the penalties once again rearing their ugly heads, and just generally poo poo offensive play in the first half. Tom Cable needs to get the O-lines poo poo together and keep the holding to a minimum (though that one holding call on the Marshawn TD was kinda BS).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

I root for the Lions to scar myself in preparation for life's harsh truths

I should speak too soon every game.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Zoran posted:

ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON

That is all.

Forever and ever. Amen.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Congrats Jaguars :unsmith:

Sorry Browns :smith:

Seahawks are poo

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Great game defensively by the Ravens today. It's been a while since we had one of those. Mosley is coming along fantastically, could he win defensive rookie of the year maybe?

Offense, I don't know what the hell we were doing out there. We looked good when we kept it short. But for whatever reason we kept lobbing it up despite the Falcons covering fairly well downfield and it being so windy outside. It was foolish, and a better team would have probably won the game despite our great effort on defense.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Kyle Orton Comeback Player of the Year 2014

Lock it up

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Aaron Rodgers for MVP.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Zoran posted:

ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON

That is all.

Open the Kyle Orton thread.
Never ever lock it again.
That is all.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Aside from Joe wanting to funsling constantly, he had a good game outside of a really dumb pick. Defense looks amazing.

Also Morgan Cox tore his ACL, longsnapper is done for the year so its time to sign someone.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Let's discuss how loving clutch Matthew Stafford is

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Bush put explosives in the second punt returner :tinfoil:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Poonerman posted:

Jeremy Stoltz @BearReport
Ugly scene in #bears locker room right after game. Lots of yelling, players pulled out of room

lmao

This owns.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

Athanatos posted:

Colts got a shutout guys!

Unfuckingbelievable. Offense put in a B effort but the defense was ridiculous. Best stat of the game: 47 yards of offense for the Bengals up to the 10 minute mark of the 4th quarter. I don't think the Bengals even saw the Colt's side of the field until then.

Then again, this was the bizarro game for the Colts: Defense upstaged offense, Richardson ran well (minus a bad exchange), Fleenor had hands, Reggie Wayne didn't...

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
if we have to lose to anyone i'm glad its the Jags. now i hope this is just us playing like stupid jerks and not indicative of the line not being able to recover from the loss of Mack which leads to apparently no running game which also means Hoyer can't QB/ the Shanny system doesn't work without a strong running game.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

pasaluki posted:

Open the Kyle Orton thread.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sour Diesel posted:

Aside from Joe wanting to funsling constantly, he had a good game outside of a really dumb pick. Defense looks amazing.

Also Morgan Cox tore his ACL, longsnapper is done for the year so its time to sign someone.

We're gonna lose a game because of a bad longsnap now. Guaranteed.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The Colts defense today had the Bengals playbook. There were times when players would leave receivers wide open to go cover someone else before the ball was thrown because they knew what was coming.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

TubeStank posted:

This owns.

You're lucky you guys pulled that one out last week. People don't take losses to the Dolphins well.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Kyle Orton is really bad

AHAHAHAHAHA
Look how wrong you are champ!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
#FREEORTONNOW

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Athanatos posted:

The Colts defense today had the Bengals playbook. There were times when players would leave receivers wide open to go cover someone else before the ball was thrown because they knew what was coming.

Indianapolis will win the AFC.

And next year.

And the year after that.

And so on.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Packers suck
Vikings suck
Bears actually for real suck
Lions own

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Miami Dolphins are 6 seconds from being considered elite.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Athanatos posted:

Poor Gio Bernard was victim of this like three times.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Harlock posted:

My favorite factoid of the week is that the Chicago Blackhawks were the last team to win at Soldier Field. That was in January of this year.
Outside hockey is boss and should happen more often. Find a way to make it work in Tampa.

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

I'm really happy the Rams got an ugly poo poo of a win with a fake punt to get the first down to close it out.

We don't get this kind of thing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sweeper posted:

Did the Seahawks not come up with the ball? They called the original runner down which is why it wasn't a turnover

They didn't call the runner down, the ball goes back because you can't advance a fumble in the last few minutes (either 2 or 5, I forget) of a game.

I guess the Rams came out of the pile with the football, they didn't review the recovery for whatever dumb reason. Kinda wish they would have because then we'd all just go 'yeah you can't see poo poo there' other than people who think Sherman had the ball.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Saints lose in a spectacular fashion, but all the same they looked WAY better this week than they probably have all season. D-line especially looked much better. Plus the rest of the division lost.

Next week let's work on not giving up almost 150 yards in penalties.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Tom Cable's run of getting the linemen he wants should be over. He has consistently failed to create anything above a serviceable offensive line with three second round picks and two firsts. His reputation is undeserved at this point.

Special teams sealed this game, however. That fake return is unforgivable. The team knows where Ryan puts the ball. To bite the way they did is insane. Defense did the team no favors today. Zero pass rush, poor coverage by backups and more injuries mean this is probably going to be an unpleasant season.

Cliff Avril is rapidly playing himself out of a big extension.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Gone Baptizin posted:

I'm really happy the Rams got an ugly poo poo of a win with a fake punt to get the first down to close it out.

We don't get this kind of thing.

The worst part is that I totally called that play right before it happened. Then it unfolded perfectly in the Rams favor before my eyes :smith:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
oh god I'm going to miss 2013 forever :smith:

I honestly wouldn't blame Russel if he left the team after this year. He's got no protection, his receivers have banana fingers, and Bevell is an inside job Carroll can't see.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

The Miami Dolphins are 6 seconds from being considered elite.

woulda coulda shoulda

the miami dolphins

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

orton

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Freakazoid_ posted:

oh god I'm going to miss 2013 forever :smith:

I honestly wouldn't blame Russel if he left the team after this year. He's got no protection, his receivers have banana fingers, and Bevell is an inside job Carroll can't see.

I dont think theyre much worse than last year. They might be better. Did everyone forget how many close games we had. This year we're just ending up on the wrong side of them.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Browns game was a complete disaster and the playcalling was just loving awful. You know how goons and lots of against-the-grain football likers want teams to go for it on 4th down? The Browns are here to prove that yes, it is possible to call such awful 4th down plays that field goals inside the 5 are a good idea. Their 4th down playcalling was criminal. The offensive playcalling in general was criminal. I don't think they moved the ball down the field a single time outside of a long catch and run on a play that was purely Hoyer willing it to happen.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Schwack posted:

Cliff Avril is rapidly playing himself out of a big extension.

What no I'm shocked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Nfc south football, y'all. Just bar this division from the post season altogether.

• Locked thread