Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Taint Reaper posted:

The hot pink plastic is apparently transparent as well.

Yeah, that's fine, it's just the plain clear plastic with no color that's weird to me. It looks almost unfinished. I have two versions of that Prime mold already anyway, a third would be overkill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Xenomrph posted:

Be honest, the only reason you're saying this is because a few posts upthread you pointed out that it's part of the Generations line, and you're a Generations completionist so now you're obligated to buy it.

It's not every day we get a transformer so hideous. I would not drop 100 bucks on him though and that seems to be the going rate for most platinum figures. I'm hoping he's like 50 or something more reasonable.

Also being a completionist it starting to get impossible thanks to Hasbro's lax in packaging. They just made a bunch of those Market 6 Legends guys in 2014 and half of them have Reveal the Shield markings on the package(the brand banner itself is just the generic Transformers in the new white and red style packaging) and half of them do not. And yet none of them come with a rub sign to begin with.

There's also multiple lists of "what counts" for generations and it seems that everyone has different opinions. Like one list will have the SDCC Knights of Unicron exclusive listed, while another does not and lists some of the platinum figures instead.

Hell Hasbro has like an 11 robot gap between two Legends waves so even their numbering system got thrown out the window.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 18, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just stopped at Meijer, lots of stuff on sale. Skybite and Roadbuster for $16 each. I just paid $24 at Target for RB so I'll take one back next time I have a reason to go to Target.
For $16 I might finally buy a Blitzwing or Double Dealer.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Just stopped at Meijer, lots of stuff on sale. Skybite and Roadbuster for $16 each. I just paid $24 at Target for RB so I'll take one back next time I have a reason to go to Target.
For $16 I might finally buy a Blitzwing or Double Dealer.

I don't know Meijer, but I'm jealous because I've never seen those guys in the wild.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

I don't know Meijer, but I'm jealous because I've never seen those guys in the wild.

It's like a less evil Walmart.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

The Taint Reaper posted:

He might as well be Thunderclash then.

I would kill for a new Thunderclash. I'm scared the feet on mine will explode, and the ratchet on his monohip is so loose he looks depressed in truck mode and has to be carefully balanced in robot mode.
Hell, I want them to remake that whole sub-line (what were they called? Turbomasters?). I'm willing to bet a good 60% of existing Flash figures are double-amputees. And Boss is basically the loving Batmobile.

Did anyone else here have these guys? I know the distribution on them was hosed.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
for those of you that don't want to watch AoE here you go, all the poo poo crammed into two youtube videos:

Part 1
Part 2

It's part of the Everything wrong with series, so if you don't like that, don't click it.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Anora posted:

His shoulders are transformed differently then on the box art and lack that clear thing below the peg holes.

I can't handle this...

(It seems neat might get it if it's not like $80)
I don't think Hasbro's photographers have ever transformed the shoulders on that figure right.

All I want is for someone to release the Laser Prime mold (or even the Generations redo) in classic red top/blue legs colors. You'd think it'd be a no-brainer, but nope.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

IMO more transformers should use my favorite color scheme, Clear and Clear Peepee Yellow

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ForeverSmug posted:

IMO more transformers should use my favorite color scheme, Clear and Clear Peepee Yellow

Wish granted

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

oh my goooooooooooood

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Arcee has a weird little aerial at the back of her vehicle mode which is a lot like Blurr's G1 thing, I could sort of see a heavy retooling to make her into Blurr. Trim the sides of the clamshell for the front, square up the back a bit and put a lid over the seats.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Where can I get thissssss

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Where can I get thissssss

That's Shining Yellow Ultra Magnus, and he ain't cheap. There's a WST version that's much easier on the wallet, but it's also pretty hard to find.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I need a Nautica figure now that we have Arcee, Chromia, and Wingblade. But it's probably going to be a long rear end time before we get a voyager or deluxe of a main guy that isn't a combiner part.

It also looks like AOE is going to have no subline refresh like HFTD was for ROTF. DOTM had one with movie Trilogy but it was canceled early on. AOE is seemingly skipping it entirely.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Hasbro weirdly really copped out of aoe; other than all the weirdass nontransforming Merch that isn't selling the toyline has been absolutely tiny. Makes me wonder if it was something with the new team being so staunchly G1

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Taint Reaper posted:

It also looks like AOE is going to have no subline refresh like HFTD was for ROTF. DOTM had one with movie Trilogy but it was canceled early on. AOE is seemingly skipping it entirely.

Probably so the movie figures aren't shelfwarming and blocking valuable peg space when RID2015 rolls around. TFP took a big dent when people had to wait 6 months for toys to show up on shelves after the cartoon had started airing.

Edit: plus, like ForeverSmug said G1/Classics seems to be a bigger deal right now.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 19, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

Edit: plus, like ForeverSmug said G1/Classics seems to be a bigger deal right now.

Really? There's only 3 figures coming out for the remainder of the year and combiner wars doesn't seem to be that much bigger than the previous line. I would think if it was a bigger deal we would have more voyagers or more deluxes for the waves?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Really? There's only 3 figures coming out for the remainder of the year and combiner wars doesn't seem to be that much bigger than the previous line. I would think if it was a bigger deal we would have more voyagers or more deluxes for the waves?

Given the amount of product put out for the Generations line this year, you're really going to claim it's not a big deal for the brand right now? For gently caress's sake, we got a Leader class figure this year, with multiple remolds and a new Leader mold on the way next year, which has never happened in the subline before. Hasbro is absolutely growing the Generations line, and the Combiner Wars are absolutely part of it. Winding down at the end of the calendar year is just business as usual. There are still tons of TF toys on the shelves for kids to want during the holidays, as most of them don't have the ability to keep up with the constant new waves like we do. I saw a kid yesterday at Target who was super excited to see Blitzwing and Sandstorm, which to anyone in this thread would be super old news.

Besides, what would be the point of a flood of new product when the TF sections are still choked with AoE junk? It's going to take one hell of a Black Friday sale to clear out all those one steppers and Dino Riders and flip changers and shampoo bottles.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Still legit confused about what Hasbro was thinking with the non-generations aoe toys because either retailers are dumb as poo poo or Hasbro is

I don't think.I've seen a power battler or One stepper.sell yet

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

One steppers are kind of a cool idea for kids, but AOE was far from a kid's movie. They make a lot more sense for the new RID cartoon and Rescue Bots. I'm willing to bet the one steppers sell pretty decent for those lines too ... since they kinda of fit the demographic. My kid got one of the one stepper Optimus for his birthday from someone and he enjoys it, but I doubt he would dig a Prowl or Lockdown.

EDIT: Not sure why the hell i called Prowl, Whirl. Oh well!

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 19, 2014

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Angry Birds Transformers game is pretty entertaining. I like the little touches, like how the game's tag line is "Birds disguised as Robots disguised as Vehicles", and one of the loading messages is "Transforming Jazz... He's fiddly". I'm digging that kind of tongue in cheek stuff.

Oh and the soundtrack owns.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

therealjon_ posted:

One steppers are kind of a cool idea for kids, but AOE was far from a kid's movie. They make a lot more sense for the new RID cartoon and Rescue Bots. I'm willing to bet the one steppers sell pretty decent for those lines too ... since they kinda of fit the demographic. My kid got one of the one stepper Optimus for his birthday from someone and he enjoys it, but I doubt he would dig a Whirl or Lockdown.

The one Stepper of Prowl for AOE is Prowl from MTMTE. Like there is no mistake.

Sort of like how the Power Mashers Rodimus is from the comics and heatwave is the TFCC heatwave.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

The one Stepper of Prowl for AOE is Prowl from MTMTE. Like there is no mistake.

Sort of like how the Power Mashers Rodimus is from the comics and heatwave is the TFCC heatwave.
And the Slag/Slug is FOC Slag. They're making some weird pulls for that line, shame we're not getting real Transformers out of them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Xenomrph posted:

The Angry Birds Transformers game is pretty entertaining. I like the little touches, like how the game's tag line is "Birds disguised as Robots disguised as Vehicles", and one of the loading messages is "Transforming Jazz... He's fiddly". I'm digging that kind of tongue in cheek stuff.

Oh and the soundtrack owns.

All the little loading messages I've seen are nice fannish things. 'Rhyming with Wheelie' 'Hailing Megatron' 'Crashing the Ark'.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Wow, I had all but forgotten about Urine Magnus.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

All the little loading messages I've seen are nice fannish things. 'Rhyming with Wheelie' 'Hailing Megatron' 'Crashing the Ark'.
I've also seen "Priming Optimus" and "Practicing Universal Greeting".

I like that the characters have distinct personalities in their animations, too. Heatwave is all straight up "BEEP BOOP I AM A ROBOT" in everything he does and it's hilarious. I got big laughs out of semi-:downs: Bludgeon and his tread-feet that he uses to moonwalk.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Knormal posted:

And the Slag/Slug is FOC Slag. They're making some weird pulls for that line, shame we're not getting real Transformers out of them.

They need to give the masher guys vehicles. I think the marvel ones have them already, but making hero mashers into quasi action masters would probably work now.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I seem to have struck gold, as I went in a nearby Rite Aid, and found that they had a small handful of Revenge of the Fallen scouts, still unbought after all this time. Which surprised me, as they had freaking EJECTOR there. Only problem was that they were selling them for $14 each. I skipped on the other two, but nabbed Ejector without a second thought.

I love this little guy. He's some weird little toaster gremlin that just wants to cause mayhem, and I love it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The sale at Meijer runs through the 2nd of November. So at $16 I couldn't resist Blitzwang. Might go back for Double Dealer and Sandstorm as well.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ript's shirts today are Transformers themed. I only really like the Jurassic Park one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't wear novelty shirts anymore, I just want those as wall art.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They also sell prints, so you can get that if you want.

Though this is the only one I've ever bought a print of.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

The sale at Meijer runs through the 2nd of November. So at $16 I couldn't resist Blitzwang. Might go back for Double Dealer and Sandstorm as well.

Double Dealer is the superior version of the mold. Not only is his Headsculpt better, his colors match his G1 version exactly and his nosecone doesn't scuff.

Yeah he can't transform into a bird and uses the plane mode instead, that's the only thing I hold against the figure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Double Dealer is the superior version of the mold. Not only is his Headsculpt better, his colors match his G1 version exactly and his nosecone doesn't scuff.

Yeah he can't transform into a bird and uses the plane mode instead, that's the only thing I hold against the figure.

I just preferred BW as a character. I may have also been drunk during the purchase.

GUYS LETS STOP AT MEIJER. I WANT TO BUY A TOY BEFORE THE NEXT BAR.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Chromia is to blue what Jhiaxus is to orange

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Oh awesome, there's a Meijer right by me in 3 days. Still need my Roadbuster and Skybyte!

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

The Taint Reaper posted:

Chromia is to blue what Jhiaxus is to orange

I'm a big fan of this new "massive retool" direction Hasbro's been taking with toys like Springer/Sandstorm and PRID Arcee/Chromia, it's a fantastic way to use existing molds in a way that doesn't feel as cheap as a simple headswap/repaint.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Oh awesome, there's a Meijer right by me in 3 days. Still need my Roadbuster and Skybyte!

Good luck man! Only one of the three had them, the others still have the older ones.

Are there any other recent Voyagers I should grab other than Sandstorm and DD? (I have Whirl, Rhinox and Springer). I kind of wish they had a Blaster as I wouldn't mind having that mold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

Good luck man! Only one of the three had them, the others still have the older ones.

Are there any other recent Voyagers I should grab other than Sandstorm and DD? (I have Whirl, Rhinox and Springer). I kind of wish they had a Blaster as I wouldn't mind having that mold.

All the Generations voyagers are worth getting, Grimlock is the only one that's iffy. but compared to the AOE movie voyagers of grimlock he's worlds better than them.

Blaster looks like g1 Blaster in robot mode the only thing that detracts is him having Soundwave's shoulders. But he's the best Blaster figure since forever.