Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Seahawks are a mess. Russell Wilson can't do it all, every week. I can't believe this same group of guys beat the Broncos and Packers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Speaking of the rams, are they just done with zac stacy now?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Reminder that the Titans lost a 28-3 halftime lead against a browns team that just lost to the jaguars, who would have beaten the Titans if not for a blocked FG as time expired last week. The Titans lost to a 0-12 jags team last year. We're real bad.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Panthers game went almost exactly like I predicted it would in the matchups thread.

On the sixth play of the game, Roman Harper gave up a touchdown by taking a hideous angle on Jordy Nelson.

The Panthers answered with a designed QB run, a useless running play, and an incomplete on third down.

Cam didn't play well today, and when he's not perfect it really exposes Shula's playcalling. It wouldn't have mattered today obviously, since the defense just couldn't match up against the Packers, but the Panthers could improve their offense tomorrow by firing Shula. He simply doesn't understand playcalling and gameplanning in the modern nfl and needs to be an offensive coordinator in the big 10.

On defense, the same problems. The Panthers don't have the secondary to blitz, and don't have the personnel in the front 7 to play prevent. There's no solution on the horizon for that.

Panthers best hope this year is to win the south, then upsetting someone in the wildcard round.

Panthers 2015.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Roasted Donut posted:

Speaking of the rams, are they just done with zac stacy now?

If he played any snaps, I never noticed. Looks like it's Mason's job now.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Colt McCoy.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

JT Jag posted:

What is this feeling, I don't understand
Go down to the riverfront and party, you earned it.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

FuzzySkinner posted:

CBS

I had the displeasure of listening to these morons this week due to my friends not being all thrilled with listening to the radio.

I love that Radio Delayer app. I'll mute the TV and put the radio on, it's the best of both worlds.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
That was horrific. The O-Line poo poo the bed (rightfully so) and Hoyer played like dogshit.

Grats Jacksonville. If it was anyone I'm glad it was you.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Danny LaFever posted:

Golden Tate is the man!

Lions defense is legit.

Lions are not the same old lions.

I dunno, I said before the game that if Detroit won, it would be because
A. Their D is actually legit, or
B. The offense would have started playing up to their talent level.

I was driving back to Illinois from Michigan during the game so I lost the radio feed eventually, but from reading the recap it sounds like the latter came true. That's like the second fourth-quarter comeback of Stafford's career (or some horribly low number), AND he did it without Calvin or Bush.

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Lions could be 13-2 heading into that game and I would pick them to lose by 14.

Yeah same. Thank God we already beat them because I would not want that game to determine whether or not GB gets the tiebreaker for the division.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Matthew Stafford, not benefiting from magical bullshit, has to rely on his massive testicles to win games. He is the best.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I'm as shocked as you are, honestly.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Athanatos posted:

I love that Radio Delayer app. I'll mute the TV and put the radio on, it's the best of both worlds.

95.7 the game streams games live on their website. I just have to pause gamepass long enough to sync, and I got HD with Greg Papa and Tom Flores. :getin:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Kyle Long ripped the fans and Marshall threw a tantrum in the locker room it looks like from reports.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

gohuskies posted:

Russell Wilson was the first player in NFL history today with 300 passing yards and 100 rushing yards in a game.

Marshawn is carrying him :jerkbag:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Also how soon until we read that Aaron Rodgers and Olivia Munn broke up?

PS gently caress Aaron Rodgers

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Colts have allowed 4 total 3rd down conversions in the last 4 games apparently. Is this some kind of record?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

MonsterWalk posted:

That was horrific. The O-Line poo poo the bed (rightfully so) and Hoyer played like dogshit.

Grats Jacksonville. If it was anyone I'm glad it was you.

I blame the coaches entirely

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Niwrad posted:

Kyle Long ripped the fans and Marshall threw a tantrum in the locker room it looks like from reports.

Yesssss

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

He went 14/28 for 126 yards literally a week ago.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

football fuckerman posted:

I blame the coaches entirely

Blame whoever thought McQuistan was a suitable second stringer.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Wait how did I miss that Colt McCoy beat Charlie Whitehurst?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

He went 14/28 for 126 yards literally a week ago.

And Tom Brady and Manning have had bad games too. :rolleyes: The point is that Wilson is capable of significantly more than we usually ask of him.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Also Jags win on the back of Denard Robinson, gently caress yeah

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

TubeStank posted:

He didn't call for a fair catch my dude.

You are right the dude who caught the ball did not call for a fair catch.

The decoy Tayvon Austin though did signal for a fair catch even though he was nowhere near the ball.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Yeah. I don't really have words either. when Locker comes back and with a bye week after the Texans maybe they can get their heads out of their asses but I doubt it. All the money spent on the OLine is looking like poo poo investments. The line is bad. Warmack sucks, Levitre sucks, Lewan is a dumb meathead who probably will be ejected from most games. Nate Washington is passed it, Justin Hunter looks like a bust. Sankey and Delanie walker and Kendall wright are the only bright spots on offense. Defensive secondary needs to all be replaced. Michael griffin has been passed it for years and it was a mistake signing him to an extended contract. The front 7 are okay but the secondary is real bad. Signing dexter mccluster was a dumb singing. Just incompetence all around.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

The decoy Tayvon Austin though did signal for a fair catch even though he was nowhere near the ball.

Do you have video of this? I didn't see him do it when I watched the play.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

And Tom Brady and Manning have had bad games too. :rolleyes: The point is that Wilson is capable of significantly more than we usually ask of him.

More, yes. Significantly, no. He's one of those fringe top 10 guys.

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014

Errant Gin Monks posted:

THEY have already edited the video. Nowhere will you see anyone call for a fair catch. THEY will pretend like it never happened.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Chichevache posted:

Against the Rams.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Henchman of Santa posted:

Wait how did I miss that Colt McCoy beat Charlie Whitehurst?

Again.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

C-Euro posted:

Also Jags win on the back of Denard Robinson, gently caress yeah

'Bout time the Jags started realizing the coolness of Denard. Dude is talented as all hell and he's just been languishing on the bench since being drafted.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TubeStank posted:

Against the Rams.

The Rams have a good defense.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Saints D looked good for a majority of the game but fell short. Brees is definitely not in great form anymore. Not sure if he's starting to fall off or is banged up. During one of our 8-8 seasons a couple years back he did the same thing.

That was a lovely loss though. Only thing that makes it feel better was watching Carolina get curbed at the same time.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Niwrad posted:

Oh God. I just heard the Kyle Long clip. I hope he likes getting raked over the coals because he is going to get the full-on Chris Conte treatment after this.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TubeStank posted:

Against the Rams.

Why don't you watch the game before putting your foot in your mouth? Wilson did almost everything on his own and you can't just look at the stats to see how poor his supporting cast was as well as how good the Rams D played

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

DeepDickPizza posted:

Oh God. I just heard the Kyle Long clip. I hope he likes getting raked over the coals because he is going to get the full-on Chris Conte treatment after this.

Did he put the fans on blast for being loud on offense and not making noise on defense? If so, good

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Football is a Good and Beautiful sport. Burfict injuring himself while lowering his helmet to try injuring Luck was pretty funny. As long as the corners keep playing out of their mind, the Colts D can cover up other weaknesses.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Chichevache posted:

Blame whoever thought McQuistan was a suitable second stringer.

I'm pissed about the playcalling but yeah, substituting for McQuistan at some point would have helped.

I wanted the Browns to go for it on that fourth down near the end of the first half, but holy poo poo the play call was horrendous. No loving way does a play action pass work there, and the QB wasn't moving at all in the play action so he's going to be under fire immediately. Just a very stupid call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@AdamHBeasley: Jay Cutler, asked what's different about preparing for a home game vs. a road game: "We don't get on a plane."

• Locked thread