Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

TubeStank posted:

Sorry that your team couldn't stop Austin Davis, NFL QB.

This is a fair critique and isn't really stupid the way your last one was, nice improvement.

I agree. Our d has not been getting turnovers like last season and we are having real trouble with pressure. One problem is that teams have been successful with a short passing game and picking on our linebackers/big corners. I'm not sure what the solution is, but I hope they find one

Our offense is all on Bevell and maybe Cable. The line is terrible and the play calling is terrible. Wilson's mobility and awareness is absolutely incredible and without it we would probably be starting Jackson, because very few QBs could survive behind that line. It is nearing the comedy of the 2010-2012 Bears, which is only funny if you're not pulling for the suffering team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Source: C.J. Spiller will have surgery tomorrow to repair broken collarbone, and he is done for the season.

:rip:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Tennessee could actually be at the bottom of the AFC South for once.

Get excited, folks.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
This season sucks.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

TMMadman posted:

And if this game doesn't put Trestman and Tucker on the hot seat then I don't know what will get them fired. The Bears have really sucked since Trestman took over and Mel Tuckers defense has been absolute garbage.

Don't forget Joe DeCamillis. On any given special teams play, there's about a 75% chance of committing a penalty. And on any given kickoff, unless the ball's kicked out the back of the end zone, there is a 100% chance the returner will bring it out and a 99% chance he won't make it past the 20.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Is there any act more futile than calling out Jay "Are you talking?" Cutler?

It's so frustrating seeing like five minutes of Hue's crazy offense before everyone got hurt. I feel like a small child whose Christmas gift broke 10 minutes after opening.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Alouicious posted:

y'all also couldn't stop Johnny Hekker from throwing an 18 yard pass so

That was awesome I admit

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Bad Moon posted:

That was awesome I admit

that would have been a good game to watch as a rams fan

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Bengals today were so pathetic their WR got sacked.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Vhak lord of hate posted:

that would have been a good game to watch as a rams fan

It was a good game for everyone who isn't a Hawks fan. Rams played well and pulled a great upset, how could you not enjoy that?

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Atticus Finch posted:

This season sucks.

Bengals went from one of the best teams in the league to one of the worst in 3 weeks. Anyone have a time machine? I need to go get some of that Star Trek "hover this piece of plastic over the injury for 10 seconds to heal anything" technology.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Eifert Posting posted:

The Bengals today were so pathetic their WR got sacked.

We know who's gonna win a patheticness one-up competition here, so I'll just drop this little bomb: The Browns ran an accidental QB option on 4th and 5 when all evidence shows the ball was not supposed to be snapped at all

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Eh pretty bad home loss but at least Seattle lost again so it evens out

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Bengals, man. It makes sense that linebackers are out of position, seeing as they are all backups, but why is the secondary composed of veterans out of position? It makes sense that the offense is struggling seeing as the top 3 playmakers are out, but what the poo poo are the healthy veteran tackles doing.

I thought the d-line had their best game of the season, but it's a mess everywhere else.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Andy Reid now 14-2 after the bye.

Praise the fat man

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
here lay the Oakland Raiders
professional football team

yeah there might be 7 minutes left but still

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Marvin Lewis said Vontaze Burfict has a "cervical strain".

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
We're probably going to lose to Denver so injured and on short rest (gently caress Thursday games) but I'm ok with 7-3 at the bye. There's at least five wins on the back half of the schedule and that should be enough for a playoff spot.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
That was a good game.

The Chargers' defense is pretty severely banged up now, especially in the secondary. Their pass rush looks bad even against a QB with a modicum of escapability, just like they did against Arizona earlier in the year. Kansas City's defense played outstanding today even before the pick - Hali and Houston are really quick dudes who give the Chargers' OTs fits against their speed. Rivers was also overthrowing Floyd a couple times today.

It's an unfortunate loss, but Kansas City is a good team and they deserved to win. I can't see San Diego beating Denver on a short week, but I think they can beat Miami, and going into the bye at 6-3 would be my ideal scenario the way things are shaping up right now.

EDIT: fixed some math

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 20, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

We're probably going to lose to Denver so injured and on short rest (gently caress Thursday games) but I'm ok with 5-3 at the bye. There's at least five wins on the back half of the schedule and that should be enough for a playoff spot.

They'll technically have less rest than you do though.

Is there a bigger lean to home teams on Thursday night? Seems like there should be but the games are always so screwed up I don't know for sure.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Atticus Finch posted:

This season sucks.

Check your privilege

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

Joe Flacco's iron dong has left its mark on Burfict. He's gonna have to worry about reinjuring that forever

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
This loss to the Chiefs won't look so bad when the Chargers win in Denver next week.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Atticus Finch posted:

I didn't even know he had a cervix! :downsrim:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Niwrad posted:

I hope you're right but I see it going the other way. If they had a respected coach like Lovie, maybe they could turn it around. But the locker room seems like a mess with no accountability and veteran players getting a free pass to do what they want. Trestman seems like he's way in over his head. It feels like one of those "clean house" type seasons where they not only cut ties with coaches, but some veteran players.

It hasn't been mentioned but Blake Costanzo took some shots at Trestman on Twitter. Remember that he played for both Lovie and Trestman in Chicago (as well as Toub and Joe D). Just seems like the players don't have much respect for him and I can't blame them.

I'm just tired of Kyle Long making GBS threads on the fans every time the team gets their rear end kicked at home. They aren't the reason the defense couldn't figure out the read option.

what a turn around you've done on lovie

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Dallas has the best running back in the league right now, very near the best OL, WR, and a drat good QB. It's a shame the defense is garbage.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

"We will run the ball regardless of results." - an actual tom coughlin quote

Yeah, no poo poo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Atticus Finch posted:

Attempts to injure Andrew Luck, Luck instead injures him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
What a horrible loss. We got the script flipped around on us. The Chargers are usually the ones dominating on third down and hoarding the ball for forty minutes a game, and KC came in and destroyed us in every phase of the game. The offensive line was getting zero push in the run game, and Rivers was under pressure every single pass. The Chiefs offensive line straight up clowned the Chargers DL, and I've never seen a Chargers team miss so many tackles.

Poor tackling and poor discipline (gently caress you Liuget, a whiffed tackle on one Chiefs TD and that stupid loving facemask penalty on the last drive) cost us the game and exposed what a mediocre team this Chargers team really is. There is zero chance we beat Denver on Thursday, and I really doubt we'll beat Miami the week after, as Miami is actually looking quite good now. Thanks for getting everyone in San Diego's hopes up for a while, enjoy Los Angeles.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chichevache posted:

I didn't even know he had a cervix! :downsrim:

Are you saying Marvin Lewis is calling Burfict a pussy?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Your Dallas Cowboys, #1 team in the NFL.

I'm…happy? I don't understand this feeling.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Atticus Finch posted:

Is that a nice way of saying "chronically retarded?" That's two games in a row he's hurt himself lowering his head making a tackle. Marvin needs to call David Pollack to come talk some sense to Burfict's dumb rear end.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just to add insult to injury it's pouring rain on the way to work and the kids are always little shits when it rains. 8:30 in the morning. Long day incoming.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Zoran posted:

Your Dallas Cowboys, #1 team in the NFL.

I'm…happy? I don't understand this feeling.

Dammit, I'm completely on board with this team and it's gonna hurt so bad when they fail miserably at the end of the year

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Reyes was the one who missed.

There's still a lot to be optimistic about with the Chargers, they just happened to lose to a division rival who played great today. poo poo happens, the Bolts get another crack at the Chiefs late in the year anyway.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Dammit, I'm completely on board with this team and it's gonna hurt so bad when they fail miserably at the end of the year

Who the gently caress cares we're good now WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Me too, for better or for worse. Our other team isn't winning a championship this year, but this one still has a chance!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Does the Dallas stadium play a loving car alarm when the defense recovers a turnover? If so kill whoever came up with that.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Durandal1707 posted:

Reyes was the one who missed.

There's still a lot to be optimistic about with the Chargers, they just happened to lose to a division rival who played great today. poo poo happens, the Bolts get another crack at the Chiefs late in the year anyway.

In KC, in December. It won't matter since we'll be 6-9 at that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dallas has the best running back in the league right now, very near the best OL, WR, and a drat good QB. It's a shame the defense is garbage.

It's not even that bad, just average. One of the Giants TDs came off a short field following that Romo INT. After the last two years, I'll take average all loving day long

• Locked thread