Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Harminoff posted:

What's up with the people on top of the train?
American safety standards.

(probably just inspecting the top of the carriage or something, which isn't moving)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Why does it bother me that the tanker carrying placarded petrol (1202) in the foreground has the wrong style valves on top?

https://law.resource.org/pub/za/ibr/za.sans.erg.2008.html

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.

Harminoff posted:

What's up with the people on top of the train?

The same guys are also on the flatbed trailer over on the left too, American Truck Simulator (Attack of the Clones).

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Ogrel72 posted:

Why does it bother me that the tanker carrying placarded petrol (1202) in the foreground has the wrong style valves on top?

https://law.resource.org/pub/za/ibr/za.sans.erg.2008.html

Probably :spergin: ?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

AG3 posted:

Probably :spergin: ?

Ha, thanks and no. More like having to read that ERG every year for responder certification renewal.

:ssh: Placard is in the wrong spot too. In the US they are placed on the right end of the tank car as you are facing it.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
It's been 16 years since I had ADR lessons in school and frankly I'm happy that I ended up in a different career that doesn't require me to renew those certificates every couple of years. If I feel like driving dynamite around ETS2 has me covered anyway, with far less hassle and danger to myself and everyone around me.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Managed to get my first 50% damaged load today. I'd like to thank the on ramps of Sweden that will tip your truck on it's side because there isn't a flat surface on them and also the toll booths of France.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I hate those on/off ramps in France. No matter which angle I take to enter/ exit them I either get hung up on them, damage the load trying to power through after getting stuck, or rack up fines trying to back up to reset.

And their toll booths.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Managed to get my first 50% damaged load today. I'd like to thank the on ramps of Sweden that will tip your truck on it's side because there isn't a flat surface on them and also the toll booths of France.

Sweden isn't in the base game. Blame the modders for Sweden.

But you can blame SCS for France. And the French for the actual building of the roads.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
French roads are wonderful and almost worth the hassle of toll roads.

The speed cameras and constantly changing speed limits can suck a dick, though.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
wuts a speed limit?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Overwined posted:

wuts a speed limit?

A miserable pile of tickets.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

1.14 beta is up on Steam. As always, to get it, right-click the game on your library tab any, properies, betas and it will be in the dropdown menu.

EDIT: Blog post, which includes changelog: http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/10/public-beta-of-euro-truck-simulator-2.html

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 23, 2014

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Kilonum posted:

1.14 beta is up on Steam. As always, to get it, right-click the game on your library tab any, properies, betas and it will be in the dropdown menu.

EDIT: Blog post, which includes changelog: http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/10/public-beta-of-euro-truck-simulator-2.html

quote:

Steam:

Steam Rich Presence: job information in "View more info" in the Steam friends list

Finally, now my friends can see just how much time I'm wasting driving exactly what kind of fake cargo around to where.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

oh hey, now you can set the camera to look where you're steering. similar to the "look to apex" function in racing games.

EDIT: also look left/right depending on blinker usage.

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Oct 23, 2014

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

IAmTheRad posted:

Sweden isn't in the base game. Blame the modders for Sweden.

But you can blame SCS for France. And the French for the actual building of the roads.

I know Sweden isn't base game but their on ramps suck butt for the most part. I almost breath a sigh of relief every time I'm out of France cause even if I travel everywhere at the max speed I can muster with the load on the back I don't loose time stopping to pay monies to people

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Kilonum posted:

oh hey, now you can set the camera to look where you're steering. similar to the "look to apex" function in racing games.

EDIT: also look left/right depending on blinker usage.

Does it break any mods In general? Edit: game crashes instantly with my current profile so ill wait it out

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I know Sweden isn't base game but their on ramps suck butt for the most part. I almost breath a sigh of relief every time I'm out of France cause even if I travel everywhere at the max speed I can muster with the load on the back I don't loose time stopping to pay monies to people

This is a general problem with the map being 1:6th scale or whatever, it makes every elevation change bigger than it should be so most hills will strain every truck unless youve got a retarded powered modded truck.

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 24, 2014

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

track day bro! posted:

Does it break any mods In general?

from what I've read, just the ones that rely on changes to game_data.sii, as variables referenceed in that got changed apparently.

ohaha has already updated his Volvo FH mod to include the new lifting axle feature, and RJL has doneis working on the same with his Scania T mod (the Scania T is already my favorite truck, though right now I am rocking the new DAF). I might make my own temporary fix over the weekend.

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 24, 2014

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Welp, that went in the wrong thread, sorry.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
fellow autists, Farming Simulator 15 comes out on the 30th :vince:

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Al Harrington posted:

fellow autists, Farming Simulator 15 comes out on the 30th :vince:

yes i am very excited for this.

loving logging oh man

(totally serious i loving want that poo poo)

I hope we can cut down any trees we want. Also what about planting trees?

I kind of want to pre-order it because 10% off, but i also kind of want to hear from other people..

e: was just looking at the equipment and there is a tree planting machine/trailer. Also there is a stump grinding tool

there is a mobile chipper

there is a high pressure washer, i wonder if poo poo will get dirty as a built-in feature now?

there is 3 different brands of chain saws, which is pretty cool I guess, but who wants to use a chain saw when you can use the motherfuckin' ponsse scorpionking?!

Skwee fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 30, 2014

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice
I pre ordered because I am king autist. I will post a mini review here if you guys want after I play it tomorrow morning.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

please do, I don't pre-order anything anymore

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Skwee posted:

First you plant the seedlings, then you set your game speed to 50,000x...

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Howard Beale posted:

First you plant the seedlings, then you set your game speed to 50,000x...

Haha, I hadn't really thought about that..

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Skwee posted:

yes i am very excited for this.

loving logging oh man

(totally serious i loving want that poo poo)

I kind of want to pre-order it because 10% off, but i also kind of want to hear from other people..

e: was just looking at the equipment and there is a tree planting machine/trailer. Also there is a stump grinding tool

there is a mobile chipper

there is a high pressure washer, i wonder if poo poo will get dirty as a built-in feature now?

there is 3 different brands of chain saws, which is pretty cool I guess, but who wants to use a chain saw when you can use the motherfuckin' ponsse scorpionking?!

Giants has said all trees (or at least, most of them) are up for grabs to be cut. All three chainsaws are apparently the same in functionality so it is more a choice of brand. The reason they exist is kind of a "daddy's first step into the world of professional logging." Similar to how there is a small tractor mounted harvester for beets and potatoes.

as for dirty skins and such:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFiBqK1RBic

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thought that video subtitle read "carnage" at first and I was very excited.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

JuffoWup posted:

Giants has said all trees (or at least, most of them) are up for grabs to be cut. All three chainsaws are apparently the same in functionality so it is more a choice of brand. The reason they exist is kind of a "daddy's first step into the world of professional logging." Similar to how there is a small tractor mounted harvester for beets and potatoes.

as for dirty skins and such:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFiBqK1RBic

Looks like I've missed the last couple of trailers. 12 hours or less until the unlock. Hoping it gets unlocked early so I can go broke buying the wrong logging equipment.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Devian666 posted:

Looks like I've missed the last couple of trailers. 12 hours or less until the unlock. Hoping it gets unlocked early so I can go broke buying the wrong logging equipment.

Well, an update after looking over at fs-uk. It appears the scorpion can only handle pine. You can still cut up the other trees around the farm using the chainsaw. Either way, I'm just glad there is a way to remove annoying tree decorations that inhibit workers from turning around.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

JuffoWup posted:

Well, an update after looking over at fs-uk. It appears the scorpion can only handle pine. You can still cut up the other trees around the farm using the chainsaw. Either way, I'm just glad there is a way to remove annoying tree decorations that inhibit workers from turning around.

That makes sense, It's for cutting down straight trees and taking off all of the branches and stuff

All the videos and pictures you see of the real one seem to be of it cutting down pine/ big tall straight trees.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Farm sim 15 is unlocked at the moment. So far the graphics are a huge leap forward, there are new drop off points for logs and woodchips. The tips actually state that straight and long logs fetch a better price than bent short ones. Make of that what you will.

You actually get a switch to send the logging train off. Mission boards are dotted around the map. When you drive around you leave tire tracks that seem to be persistant, it's not Spintires though.

The starting equipment is reasonable with 4 tractors, enough implements to cultivate and sow.

In addition to sugar beat and potatoes there is a new silo for woodchips. All the same placeable buildings but there is a selection of trees. I am not sure if you can chop them down or if they grow over time.

The UI is cleaned up considerably but the new controls are confusing me at the moment. I'm yet to buy a chainsaw as I'm still exploring the map. Essentially it's the same game and operates the same way but substantially better graphics and logging. Westbridge Hills is included as one of the two maps but I haven't had a look to see what is different.

e: With the chainsaw you can cut down whatever trees, take the branches off and cut up the logs. Entry level logging doesn't look too expensive as a starter trailer and the tractor attachments for picking up logs are cheap. I've discovered the new map has rather a lot of trees so it could probably be completely deforested for :10bux:

Devian666 fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Oct 30, 2014

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice
Quick review: UI is streamlined, the shop in particular is much nicer than in 13. They added some vehicle types that were modded into the previous games that are pretty useful (i.e. flatbed trailer for moving poo poo). Visual updates look great. Two maps: first is some eurotrash map and the second one is the america map from 2013's expansion. Trees are placables and are sort-of expensive - logging must be rather lucrative. Grain placement in trailers seems to depend on where the trailer is positioned under the feed tube now (I have yet to fill a trailer up so no word on if i'm going to be constantly spilling poo poo everywhere). Tractors have a power rating in kW or hp and the equipment explicitly states power requirements. The huge sower that could cultivate and plant is gone and replaced with a smaller one. There is also a 3 meter cultivator/slurry combined thing. Silage can be fermented in the field with a new trailer (no idea if there are silage pits like previously or if this is the only way to do it now). Verdict right now: I'm going to get my money's worth out of it but if youre on the fence wait until it is on sale. Good buy if you enjoyed 2013 at $20.

Play the america map so you can use euros as currency in kansas.

Play the euro map so you can drive a MAN truck around and pretend youre playing ETS2.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
RE: Farming Simulator http://youtu.be/0X2GD5C_wHY

The achievements added to ETS have brought me back in (just when I was out etc), and yesterday I got the one for discovering 60% of the map. I'm a bit more proud of that then I like to admit.
I'm currently working on the one for driving all brands of trucks 999 kilometers. It's a nice incentive to change things up a bit and drive something else than the Volvo I chose when I started my career as a virtual truck driver.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

Thanks folks, it's very positive with 230 reviews on steam, good stuff so I bought it

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Fart Cannon posted:

Trees are placables and are sort-of expensive - logging must be rather lucrative.

I don't have the game, but I imagine that placing trees isn't the only way to get them since there is a tree planting trailer listed in the equipment on their website.
Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfFwXhxMhbQ&t=24s

except the PL 75 variant.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bought Farming Sim 15 last night, would like to start up a farm with some equally autistic goons

Is there a LLJK channel yet?

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
I'd buy in for a spergy goon farm.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Oglogoth posted:

I'd buy in for a spergy goon farm.

Only the spergiest though.

Sperg Acres

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
The weekend is coming up so I'll be sperg farming all weekend.

• Locked thread