Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Carlosologist posted:

"John, I don't want to die down here." I think that's the first time I've heard (unless I'm misremembering) Oliver call Dig by his first name. Shows how much the relationship has developed in two seasons. Dig and Ollie for life
Less the relationship than the character, imho. Now that he's got a white girl and a family he doesn't need to be the sidekick with the silly nickname. That's Roy and his red gimp suit's job, now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I know who killed Sara.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

muscles like this? posted:

The character was basically off the show already and was kind of a drifter in the first place so its not a big surprise that they just stopped talking about her.
There was some point in the last couple episodes I saw where Roy was talking and said something like "I don't have *any* friends" and Sin was there with this crushed look on her face and it was like bro, she obviously has this unrequited thing going and she's saved your rear end many many times already and you don't even consider her someone you hang out with?

I figured they were gonna angle for some kind of secondary love interest leading to a love triangle thing with Thea or some poo poo, eventually. Even if she's gay (which would be hilarious).

Drifter posted:

There's literally no time, given the purpose of the tool, where a bow is better than a gun.
Unless your target is like, more than 40-60 yards away from you. Or you're in a crowded space, point-blank (powder burn) range, it's raining, there's a lot of wind...

You could say that a baseball bat is always going to be better than a knife, but if you were to put two people in a closet and make 'em fight, one with a bat and one with a stiletto, it'd become apparent pretty quickly.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 19, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

coyo7e posted:

Unless your target is like, more than 40-60 yards away from you. Or you're in a crowded space, point-blank (powder burn) range, it's raining, there's a lot of wind...

You could say that a baseball bat is always going to be better than a knife, but if you were to put two people in a closet and make 'em fight, one with a bat and one with a stiletto, it'd become apparent pretty quickly.

What the gently caress are you on about this time? God. So dumb. Do you understand the things you think, or is just like an I Love Lucy marathon running in your head all the time?

Drifter fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 19, 2014

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Drifter posted:

What the gently caress are you on about this time? God. So dumb.

I think he misunderstood what he quoted.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
Does anyone else actually know that Sara and Sin know each other?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

jscolon2.0 posted:

Arrow S3: You Have Failed This Cis-ty

I would have gone with "You Have Failed Cis-City". But that makes Arrow out to be a dude hunting down transpeople.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oliver should try using a crossbow. Or a repeating crossbow. Just keep trying anything that isn't a gun.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 20, 2014

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

overtone posted:

Does anyone else actually know that Sara and Sin know each other?

I'd assume that it came up a few times. Like when the LoA attaccked?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Oliver should try using a crossbow. Or a repeating crossbow. Just keep trying anything that isn't a gun.

Ollie didn't spend all that time slapping bowl water to use some trash fit for an Italian mobster's daughter. :colbert:

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

After hearing about the Flash's latest villain of the week, Oliver spends a night researching and building a Chinese Chu-Ko-Nu on the offchance that Multiplex is still alive

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ollie didn't spend all that time slapping bowl water to use some trash fit for an Italian mobster's daughter. :colbert:
All like, 45 minutes? That sequence was really weird because it felt like ti was literally just one or two afternoons and then boom let's go kill bad guys - now he can use that big bow because his muscles just grew that much in a period of a few dozen hours. Wasn't that whole sequence when they were pushing against some deadline to rescue something or other and only had a day or two to prepare?

There are way cooler versions of that water-slapping story - it would have been hilarious if they tried to make him jump a bush holding a calf when he was done splashing water.

Drifter posted:

What the gently caress are you on about this time? God. So dumb. Do you understand the things you think, or is just like an I Love Lucy marathon running in your head all the time?
Are you saying you got some 'splaining to do?

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 20, 2014

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

coyo7e posted:

There was some point in the last couple episodes I saw where Roy was talking and said something like "I don't have *any* friends" and Sin was there with this crushed look on her face and it was like bro, she obviously has this unrequited thing going and she's saved your rear end many many times already and you don't even consider her someone you hang out with?

I figured they were gonna angle for some kind of secondary love interest leading to a love triangle thing with Thea or some poo poo, eventually. Even if she's gay (which would be hilarious).

I don't know, from what we've seen on the show Roy and Sin are at best drinking buddies, as in Roy works at the bar she likes to drink at. She keeps calling him Abercrombie.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Oct 20, 2014

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
Sin's actress got another gig, right? I like her on the show, but props if she got something more steady.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sulphuric Sundae posted:

Sin's actress got another gig, right? I like her on the show, but props if she got something more steady.

She's in the Scream TV version that MTV's doing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vinnie Jones has been cast as Danny "Brick" Brickwell. While in the comics Brick has superpowers (unbreakable skin) it looks like for the show he's just going to be called that because he's tough.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Vinnie Jones has been cast as Danny "Brick" Brickwell. While in the comics Brick has superpowers (unbreakable skin) it looks like for the show he's just going to be called that because he's tough.

:allears:

Good casting. Good show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

While in the comics Brick has superpowers (unbreakable skin) it looks like for the show he's just going to be called that because he's tough.

Also because it's his name.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
They cast the Juggernaut? Awesome.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Awful casting. No one is going to buy Vinnie Jones as a man with breakable skin.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

jscolon2.0 posted:

Awful casting. No one is going to buy Vinnie Jones as a man with breakable skin.

"I'm the brick, bitch!", yer doesn't work too well.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Scapegoat posted:

"I'm the brickernaught, bitch!", yer doesn't work too well.

fixed it for you

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

jscolon2.0 posted:

They should just change the character's first name to Tony.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Vinnie Jones? In my Arrow? Yes please :flashfap:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
DC just revealed Arrow-style Deadshot and Dark Archer action figures from DC Collectibles, due out in May 2015. Scroll almost all the way down:

http://www.newsarama.com/22499-dc-comics-full-january-2015-solicitations.html

They're building an Arrow-verse of figures pretty quickly.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://screenrant.com/flash-arrow-tv-show-crossover-fight/

Here's some insight into the big crossover from the actors themselves. Really interesting how they're doing the fighting between Barry and Oliver and how they're having to adapt to each show's filming style.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

mcswizzle posted:

fixed it for you

Ideally this would be the thread title.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Why would they be fighting each other? If it's some sort of silly mind control or some stupid misunderstanding between them, bleh.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
We're not taking into account the most obvious conclusion: Barry can't fight. Oliver can. Maybe they're fighting because Oliver is teaching Barry to fight in a way that incorporates his powers.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Where does it say they're fighting each other?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Whizbang posted:

Where does it say they're fighting each other?

It's heavily implied and stated in the article above me. The statement might have been a misunderstanding on the writer's part.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Drifter posted:

It's heavily implied and stated in the article above me.

It's not.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Whizbang posted:

It's not.

read it again

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Whizbang posted:

It's not.

"We might have to wait until 2016 to see the big screen comic book showdown that is Batman V Superman, but the upcoming crossover/fight between The Flash and Arrow is just a few weeks away...this two-hour crossover event will mark the first team-up/showdown between the two characters."

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
Which is just some dumb poo poo written by whatever blogger, not anything the actual actors are saying.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Whizbang posted:

Which is just some dumb poo poo written by whatever blogger, not anything the actual actors are saying.
Yes, but wrong or not, that is literally where it's stated and where we're getting it from.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
they fight in the Flash episode. Amell has talked about having to punch in slow motion and one of the creators mentioned Gustin couldn't stop laughing every time he said the line "When I fight you it's like you're standing still". So the bloggers do know something because they've done research that you haven't.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wouldn't be much of a fight if Barry had a knife. Or gun.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
There was a set of pics a week ago or something showing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Maybe it's a training exercise.

• Locked thread