Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eddain
May 6, 2007
Maybe Oliver caught Barry kissing Felicity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The first crossover episode is straight up called Flash vs Arrow. They haven‘t exactly been secretive about it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The Lord Bude posted:

Maybe it's a training exercise.

Due to the exposure of the chemicals Barry has pon farr and he challenges Ollie to a fight over Felicity.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

bobkatt013 posted:

Due to the exposure of the chemicals Barry has pon farr and he challenges Ollie to a fight over Felicity.

If this involves an underwear clad Barry at any point I'm entirely comfortable with it. Barry is hotter than Oliver and Roy put together and he is disappointingly the least shirtless of the three.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 21, 2014

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

VDay posted:

The first crossover episode is straight up called Flash vs Arrow. They haven‘t exactly been secretive about it.

Yep.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/10/19/stephen-amell-and-grant-gustin-tease-the-flash-arrow-crossover-and-their-big-fight

quote:

As to which character interactions he was most excited for during the crossover, Amell admitted, “It was me and Grant. I mean, episode 108 [of The Flash] is called "Flash vs. Arrow." Our titles aren’t just titles. You can bet based on the title that we fight. So, that whole dynamic -- which took place over three nights of shooting -- was a very new and different experience for me just from a technical standpoint, just because The Flash has so many effects. We do our fights [on Arrow]. On Monday, we are shooting the biggest fight we’ve ever done on Arrow in an incredibly practical way. I’m shooting 100% of it. I have no double. So that’s crazy and that’s us. This was them.”

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
What's the deal with the comic book TV show threads being so completely full of spoilers with no tags at all? Isn't the rule still:

quote:

Are you talking about something that you only saw in a preview, or a commercial, or or due to a leaked ANYTHING? Then you need spoiler tags.

It's getting worse and worse to the point that almost every upcoming plot development is just openly talked about in the thread, pictures posted, whatever.

I get that a lot of people don't give a poo poo about spoilers but if that's gonna be the new standard, then maybe we should change the rules?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

XboxPants posted:

What's the deal with the comic book TV show threads being so completely full of spoilers with no tags at all? Isn't the rule still:

It's getting worse and worse to the point that almost every upcoming plot development is just openly talked about in the thread, pictures posted, whatever.

I get that a lot of people don't give a poo poo about spoilers but if that's gonna be the new standard, then maybe we should change the rules?

I think the idea is that if the people behind the show are openly discussing such developments in interviews and even sticking them in the titles then they're likely not a huge deal. Though next episode previews are often pretty bad about that as well, so yeah.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

XboxPants posted:

Casting spoilers are never going to change; it’s been OK’d by moderators long ago. As for the rest, yeah. I don’t like it either.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

spoiler---> Hmmmmm

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Maybe she's going undercover in an S&M Club like Lois in that one Smallville episode.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Fightin' crime in stilettos.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Fightin' crime in stilettos.

If you can think of a more practical form of footwear for the job, I'd like to hear it!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Gaz-L posted:

If you can think of a more practical form of footwear for the job, I'd like to hear it!

Boots. Steel-toed boots.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Sandals! It's Herc recommended!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Gaz-L posted:

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Throwing this out there on this thread too. Apparently news broke today that a slate of future WB productions include a live action Static Shock.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

I think the idea is that if the people behind the show are openly discussing such developments in interviews and even sticking them in the titles then they're likely not a huge deal. Though next episode previews are often pretty bad about that as well, so yeah.

The whole point of spoiler rules are because it is pretty easy to steer clear of producer and actor interviews. Just because they are being open about stuff doesn't mean it is open season on discussing every little tidbit that has been written. Most big shows are doing this sort of stuff these days, people seem to think that the audience has the attention span of less than a day and need to be constantly fed information in the following week to make sure they tune in again.

This thread isn't so bad now, but the comic chat in the Flash thread is becoming annoying too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OK, thread over. This is the right answer.

(Also, just in case it wasn't clear, I was kidding about the stillettos.)

4 The Cause
Aug 10, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 679 days!

heh thea would look so cute in these.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

VBane posted:

Throwing this out there on this thread too. Apparently news broke today that a slate of future WB productions include a live action Static Shock.

Oh gently caress I love Static.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

VBane posted:

Don't play with my heart WB. This had better happen.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ollie's trick arrows are the best part of the show for me

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

"What's up with your family and islands?"

:allears:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
"What are you doing? You can't travel with that."

I liked that scene.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

"I've actually never been on a plane before."

Oh Roy. :allears:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Ollie looks at Roy like he's a particularly dumb kid brother. I approve. :allears:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Haha, oh Lyla.

EDIT: Mark Shaw!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Look Harper, we're all shocked but you do not interrupt Arrow.

Why is Laurel looking for a kid?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oliver just gonna stroll right in.

EDIT: Haha, she's going by Mia.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
It's like Flash and Arrow are having a contest for biggest oversized badge.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Why is Laurel looking for a kid?

I don't think it matters, she found a place to train, that's the important part.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

I don't think it matters, she found a place to train, that's the important part.

Oh, so it's real DA stuff and not Sara stuff?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Oh, so it's real DA stuff and not Sara stuff?

That's the feeling I got, but I could be wrong. We'll find out I guess.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
When Merlyn went for the water bowl I thought it was going to be the old slapping water thing but it was SO MUCH CRAZIER

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Clearly that's the League of Assassin's slapping the water technique

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
I may have said this before but I actually find Thea to be one of the better characters in the show. She stands her ground always and makes zero apologies for who she is or what she believes in. I'm interested to see where they're taking this whole plot line with her. Anyone have any idea who they could be making her into? I've never read any Arrow comics or otherwise experienced Ollie outside of Smallville.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Why is she working at a restaurant? Merlyn is still a millionaire.

4 The Cause
Aug 10, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 679 days!

JohnSherman posted:

Why is she working at a restaurant? Merlyn is still a millionaire.

Probably just trying to blend in. I hate her new haircut though):

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Captain Mog posted:

I may have said this before but I actually find Thea to be one of the better characters in the show. She stands her ground always and makes zero apologies for who she is or what she believes in. I'm interested to see where they're taking this whole plot line with her. Anyone have any idea who they could be making her into? I've never read any Arrow comics or otherwise experienced Ollie outside of Smallville.

Well she calls herself Mia in this episode. I'd recommend Googling DC and Mia if you want to know more. Although clearly there will be major differences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Captain Mog posted:

Most likely the endgame here is to have Merlyn train her and then she comes back over to the good guy side.

• Locked thread