Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

oh, i forgot to include atrocious toaster on the lurker list. that's another option i'd be ok with.

voting for any of those people works for me. i think blacknyte's latest post about dragonatrix may be the best blacknyte post yet, and i'm not ruling out voting for dragonatrix but for today i'd rather try to get one of the lurker scums because just by numbers it's really likely one or more of the lurky peolpe is scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
Should not hard lurkers be modkilled at this point?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I think hitting a lurker may be best but I'm open to other options. I really want to look over GP's interactions with others yesterday and see what happened there.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

blacknyte posted:

Should not hard lurkers be modkilled at this point?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I PM'd MMM to ask if Allen will be modkilled, he'll probably come tell us later.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Fast Luck posted:

voting for any of those people works for me. i think blacknyte's latest post about dragonatrix may be the best blacknyte post yet

On the other hand, the guy is so clearly impartial on that front that it's amazing that he's gone this long with those blinders and twisting facts to fit the theory and still managed to come up with no case to answer.

I mean, yeah, it is still his best post to date but that's not saying much. :shrug:

...And even then, it's miles ahead of the likes of Allen or (until very, very recently) Hiipfire.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dragonatrix posted:

On the other hand, the guy is so clearly impartial on that front that it's amazing that he's gone this long with those blinders and twisting facts to fit the theory and still managed to come up with no case to answer.

I mean, yeah, it is still his best post to date but that's not saying much. :shrug:

...And even then, it's miles ahead of the likes of Allen or (until very, very recently) Hiipfire.
Yeah, you're right on both counts. He's had it out for you from the start so even if his latest post is better it's fair to point that out

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Speaking of Hiipfire, hey nice to see you around still. Why not give us your thoughts on things? You've started posting stuff, yeah, but how about some ideas and suggestions other than Allen.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:

blacknyte posted:

If you look at how discussion flowed yesterday, Dragonatrix was always right at the cusp of being voted. Fathis was pushed while Dragonatrix votes went into hiding.

I think scum, Dragonatrix included, pushed Fathis discussion and votes. Gabriel's death gives this theory a bit more credence because Gabriel would have wanted Dragonatrix lynched today I believe. If you look at page 7, a lot of people talked about Dragonatrix and the discussion did not actually go anywhere.

For example, this looks like distancing on Dragonatrix:

How can it be distancing if I've said from the beginning 'Nah, I don't feel Dragonatrix is scum'? What is there to distance myself from?

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Oh poo poo, I just realized something but I don't think I can explain it.

##voteDragonatrix

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Allen Wren, BLAND BREAD, has been modkilled for inactivity. The day continues.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hey, at least one of my reads was correct.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

Dragonatrix posted:

What is wrong with the case?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The Carpet Shark posted:

##voteDragonatrix

... can you at least attempt, or is this some kind of Secret Plan Above Mortal Ken?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..

The Carpet Shark posted:

##voteDragonatrix

You're aware this is your very first vote of the entire game, right?

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Kerro posted:

AtrociousToaster has made next to no serious posts in the thread and only one vote.
Hey now, I've voted twice.

But yeah sorry I haven't posted quite as much as I should, I keep opening the thread and being overwhelmed by how many new posts there are. I should have more free time this weekend.

I'm totally confused about who the scum is now. I was a fan of Fast Luck's Munk/Pope theory but that obviously didn't go anywhere. I probably won't have time tonight but I will re-read the whole thread tomorrow evening and try to put some ideas together.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Kerro posted:

No, it's not. (It didn't count lol)

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

The Carpet Shark posted:

##voteDragonatrix

wat?

This seems kinda weird and scummy to just throw out a vote with no reasoning at all. Are you going to even try to explain the logic behind it?

(or is this a joke I'm not getting and he intentionally messed up the vote syntax?)

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Dragonatrix posted:

Speaking of Hiipfire, hey nice to see you around still. Why not give us your thoughts on things? You've started posting stuff, yeah, but how about some ideas and suggestions other than Allen.

I don't really have the time to make a big effort post right now(will tomorrow)
I honestly just want to lynch a lurker(probably not Allen since he might be getting modkilled?)

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Also, quick game-rules question. Are we allowed to contact other players outside the game so that we can discuss an idea of who might be scum without the scums seeing it, or do we have to keep all conversation within the thread?

HiipFire posted:

I don't really have the time to make a big effort post right now(will tomorrow)
I honestly just want to lynch a lurker(probably not Allen since he might be getting modkilled?)

Allen got mod-killed a few posts up. He's gone.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Maybe it's that I started using proper capitalisation and punctuation suddenly mid-thread? Because, yes, I did. Not like it's subtle or anything.

Mostly for the benefit of making it clearly what is me being serious and what is me just dicking around.

because im nice like that you see and apparently its reaaaaallly hard to differentiate without something like that

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

AtrociousToaster posted:

Also, quick game-rules question. Are we allowed to contact other players outside the game so that we can discuss an idea of who might be scum without the scums seeing it, or do we have to keep all conversation within the thread?

That kind of thing gets you modkilled unless explicitly allowed.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

See also:

MildManeredManikin posted:

RULES

• No editing your posts.
  • No talking OOT unless you are able to do so.
  • Don't post your role PM.
  • Don't spectator-post.
  • Don't post after hammers.
  • Don't post after dying.
  • Don't encrypt your posts, make Toxx clauses, or play Truth or Dare.
  • Don't lurk. I will tell you if I don't think you're posting enough.
  • Don't go against the spirit of the game. The spirit of the game is inviting and fun.
  • :sun: Be nice! :sun:
  • :chillpill: Remember it's just a game :chillpill:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
What about lynching Epsilon since he has posted barely anything related to scumhunting outside of a small mention of Fast Luck

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
What about lynching Dragonatrix, a scum?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

HiipFire posted:

What about lynching Epsilon since he has posted barely anything related to scumhunting outside of a small mention of Fast Luck

I'm trying to keep up with the thread on my day off. I'm rereading Gabriel Pope's posts currently.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Epsilon is being helpful now, which is good, but there's also the chance he's scum the mod pushed into posting with threat of modkill.

Actually, over the last couple hours everyone has posted. It's refreshing.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Kerro posted:

Yep.

Epsilon Plus posted:

... can you at least attempt, or is this some kind of Secret Plan Above Mortal Ken?

Oh I will definitely attempt, I've just been commuting literally since I made that last post.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Fast Luck posted:

No, it's not. (It didn't count lol)

?

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I'm sorry I haven't had much to say, but I have been voting the whole time. I just voted wrong and now I don't know what to do. I'm still leery of blacknyte but since I was wrong about Fathis now I'm second guessing myself. I can't tell if we're losing because the heavy posters are scum and pointing us wrong or they are lurkers and letting us kill ourselves

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Is it because I didn't put a space?

##vote Dragonatrix

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Okay if you're going to vote me out please do not do what you guys did yesterday and vote me off at like 7:00pm. Trust me, I've got stuff to say and if I die I want to have given you guys some stuff to work off of.

Anyway, I haven't been around because I had people over from like 3:30 yesterday until 9:30. I checked in at some point to see that you guys voted pretty early and after the hammer vote you're not actually even supposed to talk so I was like 'well, that's that'.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

OK, that's something to keep in mind for later, but is there anything you want to tell us now?

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
One person is voting you.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

blacknyte posted:

And yet a few people have expressed an interest and you guys voted early last time, all I'm saying is that I would like to not be band-wagonned upon just yet. But hey blacknyte, while we are talking could you tell me about your feelings on Dragonatrix? I want to see how things line up.

Anyway here are some things that are hecka pinging my scum radar on Dragonatrix. And no, it's not because of capitalization (which I always think is a silly argument that I've seen brought up in a few games already).

Dragonatrix has played under the radar really well, which is why I thought they weren't scum until recently when I knew they were scum. I didn't think there was enough to go off of with their posts, but that's just the thing! Scum won't be completely uninvested, they need to kill town off, but often they won't stick their necks out. Dragonatrix has conveniently voted for people at all the right points to seem inconspicuous. They've also justified their points with cases, which is pretty important, but all their cases are along the lines of 'this behavior seems very town, but have you ever thought... IT ISN'T?'

Dragonatrix posted:

and yet once people started to actually take the game sort of a bit more seriously he vanished without posting for nearly 2 actual days sure weekend and stuff so maybe he has reasons for that but right now that seems moren a little weird

if it was anyone else suddenly vanishing im not sure it would be that suspicious on its own at the moment but in context it looks fairly damning

##vote fathis

Like this argument! It's really weak to say 'since everyone thinks Fathis is scum this disappearance that could normally be easily explained by a town player is probably a secret scum agenda'.

Dragonatrix posted:

Fast Luck has been really good at presenting himself in a nice, helpful pro-town way but if you look at it again, it comes off much, much more as a snake-oil salesman act. His logic and rationale is sound... in a vacuum, but we're not playing in a vacuum. Once you put it in context and look at his actions and those of others it just doesn't quite hold up as well.

##vote fluck

Notice twice Dragonatrix encourages us to look at people's behavior 'in context' to see how scummy it is. This is a bit puzzling to me because my method throughout this game is to always look at the context of people's posting in order to understand their motivations for doing something. (I think I'm pretty decent at it too, but we'll see after this game). I don't actually think there's any meaning to Dragonatrix asking us to look at things 'in context', I think it's just an easy way for them to point at someone and say 'While this may SEEM so very town, it totally isn't given the context' and push our suspicions even more towards that person without solid reasoning.

ANYWAY, I will continue in a moment but geez you guys, it takes a little while to write stuff, I am trying here!

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Dragonatrix posted:

And since I'm off to bed in like a minute or two I almost definitely won't get to post again until D3 so I'll at least put my money where my mouth is and do so. ##vote Fathis

...man that sure is a whole lot of words to say very little but "i dont think it'll happen but doesnt hurt to try"

Here's Dragon's last vote on Fathis, early and safe and with the disclaimer 'It probably won't happen but oh well'. THIS is distancing, my friends.

I'll note for posterity that Dragon later voted for Fast Luck and not Fathis and I don't have any insight there.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Agh, I'm burnt out, anyone have things to say? I will reply to things but I'm tired of reading through all these posts over and over. Still would like to talk though!

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

blacknyte posted:

Oh wow, I also completely forgot the deadline wouldn't be tonight. I am a first-class idiot.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

One thing I thought interesting about Dragon was that I had a vote on him for I don't know how long, 2 rl days I think, and he just let it sit there without issue, but then once I moved my vote to Fathis, then he came at me with that big post. It's like he wanted to avoid an OMGUS accusation ("Oh my god, you suck" - a revenge vote against someone else putting a vote on you) so he bided his time until I changed my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Not gonna lie, I completely forgot that and even missed it when I was writing that post because I am a dumb idiot who's apparently bad at cherry picking stuff!*

It's just harder to forget that Blacknyte does it, because it's basically all he's done all game. :v:

*But I'm not the only one it seems. Carpet Shark's arguments are mostly actually understandable in that I can see where he's coming from. Is what I'd like to say! I'm not gonna take it from the top because there'd be a lot of repetition there, but I'll get the most recent ones out of the way now and write up why the rest doesn't work either in a minute.

- The argument about distancing from Fathis would be a viable one considering that post was made with the potential incoming flip... if Fathis flipped scum. Since he flipped town, that argument doesn't quite hold as much ground. Distancing from someone who flips town is borderline suicide and would only work as an insane gambit if we had a reverse death miller for some bizarre reason, which we don't so...

- This is a really minor thing, yes, but I feel the need to point out that since D3 started I haven't voted for anyone (and no one's voted FLuck at all yet today for that matter!) so I don't even know what you and Black are getting at there. That's not just twisting facts, that's making them up wholesale to best fit your narrative.

• Locked thread