Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

I've never seen the Catwoman movie but when I heard about how bad it was, all I could think was that it couldn't have been as bad as that scene in Daredevil where Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner fight in the school playground while the kids watch and cheer. Then I saw this:

:stare:

Yeah it really has to be... "experienced" to be believed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Phylodox posted:

And now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

I finally understand what "War is hell" means :gonk:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Madkal posted:

Lest we forget the true crimes of the Catwoman movie.

Seriously, that movie is only 2 years away before some idiots on the internet declare it an underrated masterpiece.

Ahh, what the hell was with the camera work there? It made Michael Bay look like Stanley Kubrick. Good god!

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

Jerusalem posted:

Final episode of the season sees Alfred, Bruce and Gordon standing in stately Wayne Manor's one room. They all excuse themselves saying they have a surprise to prepare for the others. They leave the room and all three return at the same time in white make-up with insane grins, green hair and purple suits and shout,"That's right it's me, I'm the Joker!"

Final 30 seconds of the episode are the three of them just staring awkwardly at each other, cut to credits and a voiceover saying,"That was the final episode of Gotham, please join us next week for our exciting new drama series: Rich White Kids Discover They're Special."

I laughed way harder then I should have at this and whenever I'm feeling down from now on I'm going to imagine this ridiculous hilarious scenario

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Madkal posted:

Seriously, that movie is only 2 years away before some idiots on the internet declare it an underrated masterpiece.

I can see Bullock and Gordon reenacting this on Gotham.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

surfwriter1 posted:

And tall. So yes, I can't wait until the scoliosis takes its toll and he morphs into the brutish curmudgeon we all love.

Actually, I'm betting that years will pass between seasons so we might get to see that. The showrunners want it to go for 5-7 seasons and have stated that the show will end when Batman shows up (http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/09/19/fox-gotham-batman/15457671/), so they'd have to make some huge leaps in the Gotham timeline. Interested to see the plan.
I'm really looking forward to seeing young Bruce training to become The World's Greatest Detective - in much more detail than they gave in the most recent movie reboot.

Madkal posted:

Sweet loving Christ, how many times can we change camera angles a second?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Junkie Disease posted:

I can see Bullock and Gordon reenacting this on Gotham.

But Bullock can't be Catwoman because he is the Joker.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rohaq posted:

I'm really looking forward to seeing young Bruce training to become The World's Greatest Detective - in much more detail than they gave in the most recent movie reboot.

Or any Batman movie, really.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Madkal posted:

But Bullock can't be Catwoman because he is the Joker.

The Joker is obvious Fish Mooney, come on.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

precision posted:

The Joker is obvious Fish Mooney, come on.

Serious answer: It's Barbara. She gets over her agoraphobia by jumping into a vat of chemicals.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
It turns out Bruce was the killer all along.

rich thick and creamy
May 23, 2005

To whip it, Whip it good
Pillbug
Joker is the ultra-rare bubblegum card. The writers are that annoying kid on the playground who will not stop talking about his mint-condition card collection. You will NEVER see the Joker as he's way too cool to risk taking to school. The kid might name drop other cards in his collection but seeing as how he doesn't do much with the cards he *does* display you kinda have to wonder whats the point of it all.

Tortured metaphors aside, they really need to give Gordon some more personality.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
..and his bitchin' mustache.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

Drifter posted:

It turns out Bruce was the killer all along.

But then it turns out that Bruce was dead the entire time!

rich thick and creamy
May 23, 2005

To whip it, Whip it good
Pillbug

tarlibone posted:

But then it turns out that Bruce was dead the entire time!

Yup, he was shot along with his parents. A family of bats hollowed him out and wore him as a skin suit. This is a story about a bunch of bats pretending to be a billionaire who will grow up to pretend to be a bat.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

..and his bitchin' mustache.

He's gonna get that in the final episode. He'll be sitting in his chair, contemplating how it all went wrong. Then a mustache will break through his window.

He shall become a stache.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Zsinjeh posted:

It would be pretty rad if they did something like in the Arkham games and have it literally be the end of a smashed bottle from a bar fight.

This is worse than when I saw a "Nolan Riddler" costume that his mask was just a bruise.

surfwriter1
Oct 17, 2014

Firstborn posted:

This is worse than when I saw a "Nolan Riddler" costume that his mask was just a bruise.

Why? That's pretty clever in my opinion, in doing something new with the character. Hell of a lot more interesting than half a pair of corrective lenses. If you've never played the game, then you haven't seen how they pulled it off. Nicely done.

Besides, when it comes to being monocled, Uncle Pennybags and Mr. Peanut have already stolen the show.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

surfwriter1 posted:

Why? That's pretty clever in my opinion, in doing something new with the character. Hell of a lot more interesting than half a pair of corrective lenses. If you've never played the game, then you haven't seen how they pulled it off. Nicely done.

Besides, when it comes to being monocled, Uncle Pennybags and Mr. Peanut have already stolen the show.

Well I played Asylum and City, I just don't remember him using a discarded piece of trash as eyewear. Origins is on my hard drive, should I play that to succinctly understand why shoving the bottom of a glass bottle into your face is an inspired idea? I barely played the intro.

surfwriter1
Oct 17, 2014

Firstborn posted:

Well I played Asylum and City, I just don't remember him using a discarded piece of trash as eyewear. Origins is on my hard drive, should I play that to succinctly understand why shoving the bottom of a glass bottle into your face is an inspired idea? I barely played the intro.

He had it in City, I believe. Remnants of a bar brawl. Took both his attacker's eyes afterwards. I'm think the story was that he couldn't remove it lest he destroy the nerves in his eye and rendering it completely useless or some such reason. At least it's somewhat of an explanation. Medically accurate ... *sigh.* But if you're thinking that it was a fashion statement then yes, it sounds completely ridiculous. He was also English in that version of the character. The last two statements have no relation.

surfwriter1 fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 25, 2014

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Honestly, I kind of like English penguin, though!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

He was also Nolan North in that version of the Penguin.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Firstborn posted:

Honestly, I kind of like English penguin, though!

Growing up I always thought the Penguin was British. I mean, "Oswald Cobblepot"?!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

precision posted:

Growing up I always thought the Penguin was British. I mean, "Oswald Cobblepot"?!

Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Firstborn posted:

Its not that he did it himself, the idea is that someone stabbed him in the face with the bottom of a bottle during a bar brawl. I always thought that was an interesting take on his monocle as well - adds a little background, makes him seem a bit more serious and believable as a street thug, and isn't just a weird upper-class affectation like in other versions.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Phenotype posted:

Its not that he did it himself, the idea is that someone stabbed him in the face with the bottom of a bottle during a bar brawl. I always thought that was an interesting take on his monocle as well - adds a little background, makes him seem a bit more serious and believable as a street thug, and isn't just a weird upper-class affectation like in other versions.

Who the hell stabs someone with the bottom of a beer bottle? Immersion ruined.

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Who the hell stabs someone with the bottom of a beer bottle? Immersion ruined.

If he was stabbed with the bottom, wouldn't it be the sharp end sticking out?

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

That is so loving dumb. Don't roll on your side when you're sleeping!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Fragmented posted:

That is so loving dumb. Don't roll on your side when you're sleeping!

Cobblepot couldn't roll from his back to his side unless it was down a hill.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
I appreciate that they were trying to do something interesting with the monocle, but whenever I saw the Penguin in that game, I could only ever think about how disgusting the inside of that thing would be.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
And the infection.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Drifter posted:

And the infection.

It's a beer bottle. The alcohol sterilized it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Phylodox posted:

It's a beer bottle. The alcohol sterilized it.

That's good enough science for a world where a dude can fly around the sun and back in less than a minute.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is there any episode tonight? I though because ambian the tv show aka the World Series was on there wasn't a new episode.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

twistedmentat posted:

Is there any episode tonight? I though because ambian the tv show aka the World Series was on there wasn't a new episode.

According to AV Club there is a new episode.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Zsinjeh posted:

Previously on Gotham

Is your social worker in that couch?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was thinking that Gordon looks like he was based on Bud White. But cleaned up.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
He got his partner killed thats why he doesnt gaf

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Someone is going to acknowledge that "Spirit of the Goat" is a loving ridiculous name, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hey Bullock I just got a great new DS game its called Professer Layton...

• Locked thread