Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

What does the blue light do, anyway? I habitually turn off the flashlights and just gank people with SMG fire and knives half the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

What does the blue light do, anyway? I habitually turn off the flashlights and just gank people with SMG fire and knives half the time.

Check the opening cutscene and see what Skullface does to the XOF markings on the helicopter.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
So how bout this ape escape crossover

Fonz
Oct 18, 2006
moron alert

what the heck

Sk8ers4Christ
Mar 10, 2008

Lord, I ask you to watch over me as I pop an ollie off this 50-foot ramp. If I fail, I'll be seeing you.
TPP update. Quiet isn't the only one with super-human abilities.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

It seems Ocelot is finally channeling his dad's power.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Quiet's alt battle outfit revealed

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

oddium posted:

Not gonna lie, if Quiet had an alt-outfit that was just comfortable clothing and a cute scarf, it'd be pretty great.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I swear, in every photo of him Kojima either looks like a wise sage, or like he has autism. Sometimes both.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

ImpAtom posted:

Not gonna lie, if Quiet had an alt-outfit that was just comfortable clothing and a cute scarf, it'd be pretty great.

I'd legitimately love it if you could unlock R&D outfits. For Quiet. That also happen to fit Big Boss as well.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You could do it in Peace Walker, I don't see why it shouldn't be in MGSV too v:v:v

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

She didn't wear that scarf one day and lost her voice. BACKSTORY REVEALED.

Stay warm kids it's getting chilly out there.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

CJacobs posted:

I swear, in every photo of him Kojima either looks like a wise sage, or like he has autism. Sometimes both.

It's the serious professional Japanese person look. Even Egashira2:50 can get that look going, while in costume.

And that's kinda the one look Kojima has. His topless 50th (?) birthday photo was like that.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

CJacobs posted:

"There's a thin line...be..between genius an...and...and stupid." ~This is Spinal Tap

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

So I'm playinng through MGS4 again and I read about certain items you unlock on a second playthrough, like the emotive ammo and colored smoke grenades. I know that certain things don't show up until you get the Mk. II, but I just got to the part where you meet Drebin for the first time and I don't see anything like that. I'm thinking maybe it comes up later, and searching the internet hasn't been helpful because most results are people asking what the ammo and stuff does. Thanks.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Quasipox posted:

So I'm playinng through MGS4 again and I read about certain items you unlock on a second playthrough, like the emotive ammo and colored smoke grenades. I know that certain things don't show up until you get the Mk. II, but I just got to the part where you meet Drebin for the first time and I don't see anything like that. I'm thinking maybe it comes up later, and searching the internet hasn't been helpful because most results are people asking what the ammo and stuff does. Thanks.

I think you just have them on a second playthrough - you don't need to buy them.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I think you just have them on a second playthrough - you don't need to buy them.

I totally forgot you have to load the epilogue save to get that stuff. The only thing that sucks now is I wanted to get a few of the trophies added, but of course, my end save is from before the patch.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Have there been any details about what transfers from Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

boom boom boom posted:

Have there been any details about what transfers from Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain?

Nothing but the hint that it'll help us out. Same with the portable app base management.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

MrLonghair posted:

Nothing but the hint that it'll help us out. Same with the portable app base management.

I just wanna know if I should be trying to get GZ one hundred percented before TPP comes out :(

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

I just wanna know if I should be trying to get GZ one hundred percented before TPP comes out :(

What I've heard so much about is that you're fine if you make sure to rescue all the prisoners in the main mission, including the one that gets taken out for execution once the first priority target has been put on the helicopters

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

If you 100% GZ Ocelot will tell Big Boss "you're pretty good" at some point, which would be some other line otherwise

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

oddium posted:

If you 100% GZ Ocelot will tell Big Boss "you're pretty good" at some point, which would be some other line otherwise

this would be worth much more than any Base improvement.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

Welp, I just completed every mission earlier today... I'm getting it on PC, however, and I'm not seeing any indication of the app being updated to support PC connectivity. Provided, GZ is out and considering the GZ integration is a fairly big deal for the app itself, an update may simply be waiting in the wings.

That all said, it's a pretty dumb move on anyone's part to go to a great deal of trouble over this. Considering the ending in GZ and the 9 year time skip, whatever bonus they yield it will undoubtedly be insignificant.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Kiggles posted:

Welp, I just completed every mission earlier today... I'm getting it on PC, however, and I'm not seeing any indication of the app being updated to support PC connectivity. Provided, GZ is out and considering the GZ integration is a fairly big deal for the app itself, an update may simply be waiting in the wings.

That all said, it's a pretty dumb move on anyone's part to go to a great deal of trouble over this. Considering the ending in GZ and the 9 year time skip, whatever bonus they yield it will undoubtedly be insignificant.

I'd be surprised if it was anything bigger then a few bonus starting soldiers or a boost to GMP, maybe early access to a couple of guns/items/uniforms?

I wish we'd get a release date soon, I'm super hyped for this game, can't wait to get my sneak on. Are there any more videogame conferences/events coming up that they might announce stuff at?

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?

Spalec posted:

I'd be surprised if it was anything bigger then a few bonus starting soldiers or a boost to GMP, maybe early access to a couple of guns/items/uniforms?

I wish we'd get a release date soon, I'm super hyped for this game, can't wait to get my sneak on. Are there any more videogame conferences/events coming up that they might announce stuff at?

Pretty sure it's E3 next and that's a while off.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
I reckon at least some of the items unlocked in Ground Zeroes carry over to TPP because of the mysterious Data Cassette (Do not play in music players). Once your TPP R&D makes a Data Cassette Player, you can probably get some plot-twist data if you got the cassette in GZ.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm fearing something like, "Oh yeah, to get the trophy in Ground Zeroes you only need to unlock all the trials, but to get the Trial Camo in The Phantom Pain, you need to have completed all the trials in Ground Zeroes"

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

oddium posted:

I'd love to have a Kojima costume for quiet. Imagine if he was the one giving you the thumbs up :allears:

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
Quiet is only one of a few buddies you can bring along on missions. The question is whether or not Kojima himself won't be one of them.

If nothing else we might be able to find him milling about at Mother Base after recruiting him.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As long as I can bring along BEEF, ALLIGATOR, and TSE TSE FLY, all of the other battle buddies besides the dog can go die in a plot-related hole.

...They're probably dead, aren't they. :smith:

Mushball
May 23, 2012
I didn't play ground zeroes yet but from my understanding, Mother Base at the time of the game was manned by a skeleton crew and the rest of the troops were given time off base in order to make MSF look like a small outfit than an actual army so I imagined that most of them are still alive and just went on with their lives when Mother Base exploded. All Big Boss needs to do is post ads all over the world saying that he is back and needs troops for a new army and they will all come running back in a heartbeat.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Mushball posted:

I didn't play ground zeroes yet but from my understanding, Mother Base at the time of the game was manned by a skeleton crew and the rest of the troops were given time off base in order to make MSF look like a small outfit than an actual army so I imagined that most of them are still alive and just went on with their lives when Mother Base exploded. All Big Boss needs to do is post ads all over the world saying that he is back and needs troops for a new army and they will all come running back in a heartbeat.

WANTED: Soldiers who just like killing poo poo. Love of cardboard boxes mandatory. Super powers or specialization not required but preferred. Call Kazuhira McDonnel "Master" Miller for more information. DIAMOND DOGS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE BASED ON IDEOLOGY, GENDER OR SPECIES.

Not gonna lie, I would love a mission where you're just putting up help wanted posters all over Afghanistan.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Putting ads in the Pennysaver, and posting to Craigslist's platonic section.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Bought a PS4 last night and (rebought) Ground Zeros so I can be ready for the Phantom Pain and coming from my 360 version it really makes me more impressed with how good the 360 version looks. The PS4 frame rate is super slick, but the actual graphics look the same to me.

Still haven't finished all the missions yet so I'm going to try to hit them up.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Don Gato posted:

WANTED: Soldiers who just like killing poo poo. Love of cardboard boxes mandatory. Super powers or specialization not required but preferred. Call Kazuhira McDonnel "Master" Miller for more information. DIAMOND DOGS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE BASED ON IDEOLOGY, GENDER OR SPECIES.

Not gonna lie, I would love a mission where you're just putting up help wanted posters all over Afghanistan.

Black Color: Well poo poo, my job as a NASA ninja just wasn't paying that well anyway.

Running Man: Neither was my job as a disgraced Olympic sprinter. Let's go!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I really hope we see more of Running Man in TPP. I just need to know how Big Boss thought hiring a guy who's gimmick is running around in a circle incessantly was a good idea.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I mostly want to see a 1080p 60FPS fully 3D rendition of Running Man running directly into a landmine that's above ground and Snake saying "Guess you weren't fast enough." followed by Running Man spontaneously exploding.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

ultimateforce posted:

Bought a PS4 last night and (rebought) Ground Zeros so I can be ready for the Phantom Pain and coming from my 360 version it really makes me more impressed with how good the 360 version looks. The PS4 frame rate is super slick, but the actual graphics look the same to me.

Still haven't finished all the missions yet so I'm going to try to hit them up.

They did a great job putting Ground Zeroes on the PS3/360 but 360 is definitely the worst and PS4 is definitely the best looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I want a scene where Running Man runs through poisonous really really fast to save Ocelot who then says "You are pretty good" and it just gets into Running Man's head "man I know running is my shtick, but maybe running in a room fulled of poisonous gas should be my thing"

• Locked thread