Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
One more vote and I'm out I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
Votecount for Day 3

The Carpet Shark (3): Kerro, Dragonatrix, Pez
Pez (3): Epsilon Plus, The Carpet Shark, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, HiipFire
Dragonatrix (1): blacknyte, The Carpet Shark, The Carpet Shark
Epsilon Plus (1): Fast Luck

Not Voting (1): AtrociousToaster

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lunch. The current deadline is October 26th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
I would rather lynch Carpet Shark over Pez I think.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Did MMM threaten to kill some of your pets if you lost or something? Jesus.

I'll look back over the thread tomorrow as Pez's wailing has gone from "crafty scum" to "wailing townie". ##unvote

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Sorry for my inactivity the last couple of days. I don't have a lot of time to post on the weekends at the moment, and it's a long weekend here in NZ.

I find it really hard to believe that scum would make as much effort into trying to make connections as Carpet Shark did in that last post. I mean, it could be a diversionary tactic and if so it's a great one, but that satisfies me enough to ##unvote. I will have a proper read of your notes Carpet Shark when I do have time, but from skimming them and from other responses so far I'm not sure I agree about Pez. As FL noted, I also thought it was odd that you excused some players, and when I look back at what those players have posted the one that stuck out for me was Hiipfire.

Since the game has started, he's only voted for Fathis and Allen, and then lastly jumped on Pez after your effort-post. Aside from that, on this last day he has been pushing for a lurker lynch (while mostly lurking himself) and making a lot of joke-posts. I feel pretty convinced that my theory about a mostly lurky scum team is correct, and Hiipfire's posting would fit in exactly with this. The fact that he seems not to have come up on anybody's radar is all the more reason for me to think that he's one of them. ##vote Hiipfire

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I've pretty much stayed confused this entire game

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:
To be honest Pez's latest posts are looking pretty town to me. I'm starting to wonder if freaking out is the hallmark of newbie town while staying calm might indicate newbie scum.

Combined with how willing A/T was to agree on Pez looking scummy, that seems to indicate they aren't actually on a scum team together. Hm.

At the same time the retaliation vote against me seemed weird, but in fairness I had been under suspicion already so I guess me voting Pez did just push their opinion over the edge.

##unvote Pez

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
The reason why I don't post alot is because I don't have alot to add because I have no clue who could be scum since I basically suspect everyone and my voting has basically just been to make lynches happen(well except for the allen vote which was just a poo poo read on my part whatever if you can even call it a read)

I did tell Dragonatrix that I was going to actually effortpost so here it goes!

After finally getting around to re-reading people's posts the only person I feel any kind of confidence in being scum is AT.

When you look at his posts and Carpet Shark's effort post you can see that he's been playing very low-key until people started talking about lynching lurkers.
Pre-lynching lurkers he has only gone for the bandwagon vote, he tried to justify his vote for Fathis through repeating the arguments Pope was using before and then tries to get Pope lynched afterwards, because Pope suspected alot of people to try and take attention away from him, which is a pretty lousy argument to be honest.
And then he says this:

AtrociousToaster posted:

Gabriel seemed very intent on keeping Fathis around and now seems to be completely going the other way when it looks like Fathis isn't going to make it. I will feel a bit bad if Fathis flips town and we lynch him based on Gabriel having a weird internet forums crush on him or something.
Which to me seems like a very bad attempt making Pope look bad even though he had been suspicious of Fathis since D1.

And then the weird Carpet Shark post happens:

AtrociousToaster posted:

So the way I see it the two posibilities are either:

A) Carpet Shark is a cop and saw Dragonatrix scum and he's doing a really poor job of subtly letting us know that
or
B) Carpet Shark is a scum and pretending to be a cop to get off Dragonatrix

I'm leaning towards the latter right now
and then after Carpet Shark makes the effort post where he claims that AT, Dragon and Pez is the scum team he posts this:

AtrociousToaster posted:

I'm having trouble seeing you as scum.

well in conclusion this post sucks but i might aswell post it right
I TRIED TO EFFORTPOST OKAY

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

HiipFire posted:

The reason why I don't post alot is because I don't have alot to add because I have no clue who could be scum since I basically suspect everyone and my voting has basically just been to make lynches happen
This is really how I've felt for most of it. Whenever I think about making a case against someone I keep second guessing myself because I don't have a good idea about how scums would act vs how towns would act. I think I'm just not good at this game.

HiipFire posted:

Pre-lynching lurkers he has only gone for the bandwagon vote, he tried to justify his vote for Fathis through repeating the arguments Pope was using before and then tries to get Pope lynched afterwards, because Pope suspected alot of people to try and take attention aaaway from him, which is a pretty lousy argument to be honest.
And then he says this:

Which to me seems like a very bad attempt making Pope look bad even though he had been suspicious of Fathis since D1.
:confused: I think you mixed some of this up a bit or I'm reading it wrong? The first time I brought up something against anyone was when I said that I thought Pope seemed scummy because he kept jumping on so many different people. And I never agreed with Pope about Fathis, I voted Fathis because I agreed with Fast Luck's case that Pope + Fathis seemed like a likely scum team since it looked like Pope was defending Fathis so much.

HiipFire posted:

and then after Carpet Shark makes the effort post where he claims that AT, Dragon and Pez is the scum team he posts this:

well in conclusion this post sucks but i might aswell post it right
I TRIED TO EFFORTPOST OKAY
My point with this was just that I was really sure that Carpet Shark was Scum after the cop stuff and that the big color coded effortpost made me start to reconsider that.

Anyway as I said before, I still think either Carpet Shark or Dragonatrix has to be scum. If Carpet Shark wasn't trying to hint at us that he was cop earlier then he would have said so by now, so he's either got to be a cop or a scum pretending to be one. After everything he put together though I'm definitely leaning towards the ##vote Dragonatrix side of things. Does anyone have a different opinion on Carpet's cop stuff?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

The Carpet Shark (2): Kerro, Dragonatrix, Pez, Kerro
Dragonatrix (2): blacknyte, The Carpet Shark, The Carpet Shark, AtrociousToaster
HiipFire (1): Kerro
Epsilon Plus (1): Fast Luck
Pez (1): Epsilon Plus, The Carpet Shark, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, HiipFire, Epsilon Plus, The Carpet Shark

Not Voting (2): Epsilon Plus, The Carpet Shark

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lunch. The current deadline is October 26th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
##unvote

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Hey guys lets not end this day in a no lynch plz

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

No one else is feeling my Epsilon vote? I can switch to Dragonatrix if we get to the deadline and Dragon is the best chance for a lynch. I feel like Kerro's case against HiipFire is a lot like my case against Epsilon though, Kerro just picked a different player to vote but with a similar reason.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

##unvote

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I don't want a no vote, even though at this point I think we're doomed anyway ##vote Dragonatrix

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
I would switch to Epsilon (for the reasons FL mentioned - I don't see a lot of difference between him and Hiipfire and would not be surprised if they are both scum) or Dragon, but would prefer Hiipfire/EP.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

##vote Dragonatrix but I plan on pushing hard for Pez next time.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Go ahead and push for me now

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

How do Epsilon and Atrocious Toaster feel about each other?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I think their posting has been pretty lackluster, but given that this is a newbie game I don't expect us all to be geniuses. I'd say town but I'm not positive.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

We've got about four hours left, is that correct? Dragon is one vote away from lynch - I'll hammer if that's looking like our only option, but I'd feel a lot better about an EP lynch so will ##vote Epsilon Plus in case there are enough other people around who see that as a better case as well.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Good plan for someone who wants to remain inconspicuous

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Well, I guess that's not happening then. Not gonna let this end on a no-lynch.

##vote Dragonatrix

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
...Ah well. That's that, then. :redhammer:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

We had 2.5 hours left!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Dragonatrix (5): blacknyte, The Carpet Shark, The Carpet Shark, AtrociousToaster, Pez, Epsilon Plus, Kerro
The Carpet Shark (1): Kerro, Dragonatrix, Pez, Kerro, Pez
Epsilon Plus (1): Fast Luck, Kerro, Kerro

Not Voting (2): HiipFire, The Carpet Shark

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lunch. The current deadline is October 26th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 54 minutes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Dragonatrix, BLAND BREAD, was eaten for lunch day 3.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fast Luck, BLAND BREAD, was eaten in the night. It is now day 4.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): AtrociousToaster, blacknyte, Epsilon Plus, HiipFire, Kerro, Pez, The Carpet Shark

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lunch. There is currently no deadline set.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

:ghost: My first mafia death! :ghost:

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

WOW, I FREAKING HATE

how dumb i am oh my god

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Well, this sucks

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The Carpet Shark posted:

WOW, I FREAKING HATE

how dumb i am oh my god

Would you care to elaborate?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Epsilon Plus posted:

Would you care to elaborate?

Yes please. If you have any information now would be the time to share it.

Sorry if I hammered too early. It didn't seem like there was gonna be enough of a shift to make any other lynch viable in 2.5 hours, and with it being a public holiday for me yesterday I wasn't gonna be around much after that and I really really didn't want us to get a no-lynch. In hindsight I dunno if that would have been better.

I really feel lost at this point. My reads so far have been way off the mark so I'm just not sure anymore. FL who we know for sure now is town wanted to vote EP which would have been my second choice yesterday anyway so I'm inclined to go that way, but we really can't afford to get it wrong now.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Kerro posted:

Yes please. If you have any information now would be the time to share it.

I dunno what there is to say beyond the fact that I was completely loving duped like a grade A dumb rear end. I wasn't the cop, I was sure blacknyte was and I felt like I had to pretend to be it because I was sure I was making it too obvious I thought he was and I was worried he'd be night killed, and his argument was getting no leverage anyway so I figured if there were two of us pushing it... But in reality I just pushed everyone into doing something that's brought us that much closer to losing. I just feel lovely about playing this game so badly.

I could vote Epsilon but I really don't trust my judgement at the moment, so. I don't know.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

The Carpet Shark posted:

I dunno what there is to say beyond the fact that I was completely loving duped like a grade A dumb rear end. I wasn't the cop, I was sure blacknyte was and I felt like I had to pretend to be it because I was sure I was making it too obvious I thought he was and I was worried he'd be night killed, and his argument was getting no leverage anyway so I figured if there were two of us pushing it... But in reality I just pushed everyone into doing something that's brought us that much closer to losing. I just feel lovely about playing this game so badly.

I could vote Epsilon but I really don't trust my judgement at the moment, so. I don't know.

I said that I wasn't the Cop and was on Dragonatrix since day 1. Why would you think I was the Cop? This sounds very fake.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

blacknyte posted:

I am not a Cop.

How did you interpret this post?

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
I think it's lylo. I would vote Carpet right now.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

The Carpet Shark posted:

Where did you even push Dragonatrix? You didn't vote him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

The Carpet Shark posted:

I'm feeling pretty good about Pez, AT and Dragon for scum, especially since they all voted for Fathis.

• Locked thread