Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I'll have you know I picked up the Mizzou defense before they put up 103 points

:siren: FIRST TIE OF THE SEASON :siren:

Barring stat corrections, I tied Power 5 Elitist 256-256. I was up by one point and thought I had won but LSU decided that instead of kneeling while up huge with under 90 seconds left on first down they run the ball with Kenny Hilliard which generated one point for Power 5 and tied up the matchup. Les Miles, you dingbat! Just kneel the ball and get me my win!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Bahahahaa I love the tie

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Somehow, 7 of my 9 starters from last week are on a bye this week. On the other hand, started 0-4 and since have won 4 straight games.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Shot to #1 overall by playin pasties! Thanks guys for letting me win :D

I have by far the lowest points against in the league. The Piper is 2nd overall with the 3rd lowest points against (by 0.25 points).

With 3 games remaining, I have not clinched a playoff spot and still need 1 win to do so. If I were to lose my next 3 (Week 11 is a sure loss) and Taylor Martinez's Broken Spirit wins his next 3, it'll come down to total points. I currently have a 90ish point lead, but have been slumping, hard.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
You're going down this week, Taxes

Say hello to mediocrity muwhahahaha

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Grant Hedrick with 55 points mid-way through the 2nd quarter. Shaping up to be a very nice replacement stream for Bryce Petty's bye week.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Piper posted:

Grant Hedrick with 55 points mid-way through the 2nd quarter. Shaping up to be a very nice replacement stream for Bryce Petty's bye week.

Wow. I dropped him earlier this season for being worthless, so good job on picking him for the week he blew up!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Anyone got GT's defense?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Ah man. The way he was walking out, I think I just lost my 2nd quarterback for some extended time.

I might be starting the playoffs with a guy from Tulsa... *sigh*

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I like Amari Cooper a lot.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Playoff bound fuckers.

Please come back Gurley.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Oh hey, into the playoffs! Thanks whoever I'M A MAN is.

Now... how do I QB?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

kayakyakr posted:

Oh hey, into the playoffs! Thanks whoever I'M A MAN is.

Now... how do I QB?

No problem.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

High score this week, and I only won by the skin of my teeth. Weird.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
gently caress being in the Muschamp Smash division. I'm gonna win out and miss the playoffs because no one in my drat division will lose.

Edit: Also, something definitely isn't right with my team. Not only is one of my players (Don Jackson) not scored, but it's saying my MissSt defense gave up 1000 yards and 62 points, while getting 12 sacks, all of which are patently false. It also says Nebraska's kicker kicked 12 extra points...

Edit 2: And all of that magically fixed itself, while I was watching. Nevermind, carry on.

Quandary fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Oct 26, 2014

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
I still can't believe I'm top of my division.

love me some college football

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

LeeMajors posted:

High score this week, and I only won by the skin of my teeth. Weird.

Naturally the one week my garbage team actually scores a lot of points I still lose :v:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
K - Oberkrom, J - TCU - 32 points.

gently caress your kicker.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.
I've got the worst non-Will Muschamp coach in the country leading my school for the next ten years. But at least I broke my fantasy losing streak.

So I got that going for me, which is nice.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Taxes posted:

I've got the worst non-Will Muschamp coach in the country leading my school for the next ten years. But at least I broke my fantasy losing streak.

Kliff will be fine.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Taxes posted:

If only I had started Solomon.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
btw I'll have the finalized written out rules for the playoffs up shortly and when they'll go into effect.

Real life has been loving insane lately

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

I am the ambulance chaser of this league. Always cashing in on others misfortune.

Todd Gurley gets suspended; I snatch up his backup who puts forth 2 huge performances
Karlos Williams gets popped; I pick up his backup, Dalvin Cook.

Also of note, I have too many start-worthy RBs and no reliable WRs. I was planning on picking up DeVante Parker today but it slipped my mind and Taxes scooped him up. If anyone feels they have a good WR (25 PPG or higher) and wants to swap them for a RB, hit me up. I'll be sending out trade proposals, too.

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.
I'm still second place in the division because of the tie game

lol

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I had DeVante Parker last year and Sinorise Perry the year before. My new philosophy is never pick a Louisville player.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

I think I may be safe for a playoff berth unless something crazy happens. I would have to lose out, and have Beamers Steamers outscore me by 280 points over these last two weeks. Anything can happen though I suppose.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

What are the playoff qualification rules? I can't seem to find them on the website.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

What are the playoff qualification rules? I can't seem to find them on the website.

Top 2 from each division advance.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Taxes posted:

Top 2 from each division advance.

Gotcha. Don't know how I missed that.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

LeeMajors posted:

Gotcha. Don't know how I missed that.

It's because my rear end hasn't written up rules on what the playoffs entail yet.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Webbeh posted:

It's because my rear end hasn't written up rules on what the playoffs entail yet.

That would also explain it.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Can I petition to move to 'gently caress this gay divison'? I think I'd enjoy that.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Quandary posted:

Can I petition to move to 'gently caress this gay divison'? I think I'd enjoy that.

Hell no. The random gods have blessed me with an ACC-caliber division. Hobbling into the playoffs.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Can we point out that 'Weisman for Hesiman' has a QB this week with -5 points?

That is all.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

That is all.

Can I be playing Weisman for Heisman instead of The Bryce is Right?

I really want to go into the playoffs 1st overall... It'll be the best thing that happens to me this year :smith:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Webbeh posted:

That is all.

God loving dammit gently caress this dumb year. gently caress Brett Hundley for underperforming, and gently caress Gunner Kiel for tricking me with his 100 point first week and his perfect quarterback name.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Yoshifan823 posted:

God loving dammit gently caress this dumb year. gently caress Brett Hundley for underperforming, and gently caress Gunner Kiel for tricking me with his 100 point first week and his perfect quarterback name.

For a second year in a row, my first round pick has been lost to injury. Last year was the first game, this year was like 3 games. Thankfully, you can find value in QB's in college football.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

RIP Taxes QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Bah. My fortunate matchup luck runs out... 3rd best score of the week, lose by 10.

Someone beat Bryce so I can be #1 again.

• Locked thread