Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Gutter Owl posted:

Hire Illusionists (3 influence remaining).
:argh:

Could I convince you to leave those Illusionists to me? I cannot get any other unit from the monastery, and removing an attack would fit with not having any block whatsoever in my deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Gutter Owl kind of called them at the start of last page and used them to buy the spell, so I'm a bit reluctant to step back. I can do so if Gutter Owl wants - on the other hand, round's nearly over so there's every chance another will roll up quite soon.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
...I asked for them like three turns ago, why didn't you say something then? I built my last few turns on hiring them and spending their influence. (Otherwise I would've taken Underground Travel over Charm when I knocked over the tower.)

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 1, 2014

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Sorry I must have missed or forgot it that you called dibs on them. Probably three turns ago they weren't even in my plans, I've kinda drifted to the monastery.

Carry on, no worries.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Play Tremor and Rage sideways for 2 move, explore the tile next to me.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Wolfhawk's Turn

Volkare - 28 deck. 4 city, 5 keep, 8 dragons, 8 orcs.
Arythea (Fat Samurai) - 5 hand, 0 deck.
Krang (Tekopo) - 5 hand, 3 deck.
Tovak (Gutter Owl) - 5 hand, 4 deck.
Wolfhawk (Bubble-T) - 3 hand, 6 deck.
Unit Offer | Fame/Reputation Track

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Yell at the orcs then take a green mana die to Concentrate a Crushing Bolt at their faces. Then end my turn.

Bubble-T fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 2, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Wolfhawk splats the orcs.

Volkare draws a white.

Arythea's Turn

Arythea's CO is invalid due to missing mana in the source, thanks to Volkare.

Volkare - 27 deck. 4 city, 5 keep, 8 dragons, 8 orcs.
Arythea (Fat Samurai) - 5 hand, 0 deck.
Wolfhawk (Bubble-T) - 5 hand, 2 deck.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Well, I can do basically the same by playing Promise and a sideways Stamina for 3 influence, +1 from the reputation track (why the hell do I have positive reputation). Heal my monks.

Put three cards from my discard back to my deck, because of Tactics.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Long Night is activated.

Krang's Turn

Arythea (Fat Samurai) - 5 hand, 1 deck.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Mana search first (sorry been away)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The gold rerolls to a black, and a black (I assume?) rerolls to a blue.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Gonna CO my next turn:

Take blue die if available. Cast Mist Form for Move 4. Hills and mountains become impassable, lakes and other terrain become move cost 2.

Move to lake and explore. (Goblins don't jump me because of the wall).

If there is no Healing Glade on the new tile, play March and Stamina for move 4, move back to swamp Healing Glade. End turn, throw away a wound from hand.

Yet another rule I've had wrong this entire time. Go me.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 3, 2014

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
goblins jump you if the hex you are moving to is not protected by a wall, even if there was one in the hex you are moving from.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Use Savage Harvesting (unpowered) to move to the plain next to me and discard Mana Draw to gain a crystal.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Updates will be run in a few hours. I'm now on call until Christmas, which means I have to leave work a little later than before.

I've also gained a physical time limit for this game - or at least a point at which I will have to take a bit of a pause - which is 'by the time my work visa comes through and I get to move to the literal other side of the world'. Weeks off, though.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tovak's Turn

Please ignore the gaping chasm, Vassal got a bit confused for a moment.

Krang (Tekopo) - 5 hand, 1 deck.
Tovak (Gutter Owl) - 4 hand, 4 deck.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 3, 2014

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Tovak

Take blue die, cast Mist Form for Move 4. All terrain is move 2, hills and mountains are impassable.

Move Northwest and explore.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I clicked edit instead of quote cuz I'm smart, so please check one post upwards.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Tovak, cont'd

Crack a green crystal, play March (powered) for Move 4. Move NW-NE to the healing glade. End turn, throw away a wound from hand.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Wolfhawk's Turn

Tovak (Gutter Owl) - 5 hand, 1 deck.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Book of Wisdom throwing away Mana Draw to take Dodge and Weave, end my turn.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Volkare draws a blue.

By CO, Arythea:

quote:

1) Play Tranquillity unpowered
2) Burn the monastery
3) Snipe the poor bastard that comes knocking

Some Sorcerors show up.

quote:

b.2) 6, and the Source hates me: Power up Concentration into Swiftness with my green crystal, play Battle Versatility normally for the extra point.

Arythea is still, somehow, in first place for reputation.
Arythea levels and gains a skill choice, an advanced action choice, and an artifact choice. The artifacts are on her play area.

Arythea flips:
Invocation (Once a turn, discard a wound for a black or red mana token, or any other deed card for a white or green mana token.)
Power of Pain (Once a turn, play a wound sideways for +2 Move, Influence, Block or Attack.)

Krang's Turn

Volkare - 26 deck. 4 city, 5 keep, 8 dragons, 8 orcs.
Arythea (Fat Samurai) - 2/5 hand, 0 deck, skill choice, action choice, artifact choice.
Tovak (Gutter Owl) - 5 hand, 1 deck.
Wolfhawk (Bubble-T) - 5 hand, 1 deck.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Krang, could you do a mana search on your turn, even if you don't need it? A white die would help me. (If you need the white, however, don't go without on my account.)

Nevermind, change of plans. It'd be nice if you don't somehow use both red dice, though.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 3, 2014

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Well I'm gonna be stuck in a desert no matter what and I don't have enough novement + attack/block the take the tower, so I'll play Rage and Determination sideways to move to the village, then using Disguise and using a red mana dice to play Ruthless coercion (powered) to recruit the Utem Crossbowmen.

Edit: And mana search two Black dice.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Tovak

No move. Call out the Orc Trenchers.

No siege. Take a hit on the chin, because it's sporting.

Take red die, play Rage (powered), slaughter orcs. End turn, throw away a wound.

---

COs for the rest of the round.

If round end has not been called: Do nothing, throw away a wound.

Once round end has been called (or once I'm out of wounds): Play Swiftness for Move 2. Move southeast, challenge Goblins. Intercept one attack with Illusionists, unharmed. Take blue die, play Shield Bash (powered), block the second attack, reduce goblin armor to 1. Play Crystalize (sideways) for Attack 1, kill Goblins. End turn, level.

Could you guys could try to leave one blue die in the source for me for this? Please and thank you!

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Nov 4, 2014

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Get Invocation, because making COs isn't difficult enough with just Polarization.

The game insist on me being able to recruit stuff with Gold and Influence skills, but gently caress it. I'm not Norowas and the people I can recruit in Villages are cheap anyway. What I need is a Mage Tower, dammit.

Pick up the Shield of the Fallen Rings and Counterattack, because they combo too well even if I lack block and I'm likely to have them on my hand only once (next turn).

Edit: I've just seen your post, GO. Problem with that is that I have the exact cards needs to blast them in my next turn. The other option is to wait one hex to the left of where you want to go to provoke the orcs, but discarding a card to wait while you heal means I don't have enough movement the following turn to move anywhere, so that's three cards wasted, including an artifact and an advanced action.

On the other hand, you can move an explore East with the cards you've posted, and maybe pop up some other enemies in the discovered tile.

I gues I could move to your proposed location and play cards sideways to explore East, and leave the orcs for you next round, too.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 4, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Krang's mana search brings up some new mana for once!

Krang picks up some dudes.

Tovak gets a wound and immediately heals it up.

Wolfhawk's Turn

Volkare - 26 deck. 4 city, 5 keep, 8 dragons, 8 orcs.
Arythea (Fat Samurai) - 4 hand, 0 deck.
Krang (Tekopo) - 3 hand, 0 deck.
Tovak (Gutter Owl) - 5 hand, 0 deck.
Wolfhawk (Bubble-T) - 5 hand, 1 deck.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Tekopo I assume you want that tower at some point, no point in me taking it out from under you since this isn't competitive :)

March (taking green die) and Swiftness to move NE across the hills and deserts. That's all, I think.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The only thing I can do with my hand next turn is get a crystal. Can I call end of round or do people want to do 2 more actions rather than one more?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Tekopo posted:

The only thing I can do with my hand next turn is get a crystal. Can I call end of round or do people want to do 2 more actions rather than one more?

I only need one.

Fat Samurai posted:

Edit: I've just seen your post, GO. Problem with that is that I have the exact cards needs to blast them in my next turn. The other option is to wait one hex to the left of where you want to go to provoke the orcs, but discarding a card to wait while you heal means I don't have enough movement the following turn to move anywhere, so that's three cards wasted, including an artifact and an advanced action.

On the other hand, you can move an explore East with the cards you've posted, and maybe pop up some other enemies in the discovered tile.

I guess I could move to your proposed location and play cards sideways to explore East, and leave the orcs for you next round, too.

Quoting this in case GO didn't see my edit.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Nov 4, 2014

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

I only need one round as well.

CO for next turn: I'll be playing Dodge and Weave and my last card (Determination, I think) sideways for 2 move to explore the tile next to me. Play Fire Bolt for a red crystal, flip my skill for a blue crystal and play Crystallise for a white crystal if possible (white or blue mana in the source). Otherwise a crystal of whatever colour is possible.

edit: that all changes if someone else explores that tile, obviously!

Bubble-T fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Nov 4, 2014

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Go for it, Fat Samurai. A 2 fame kill isn't that important to me. I can sit here and heal for the rest of the round.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Alright then, I'll call end of turn on my next turn then.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Gutter Owl posted:

Go for it, Fat Samurai. A 2 fame kill isn't that important to me. I can sit here and heal for the rest of the round.

Wait, wait, wait, hold all your horses. I was messing up the phases here and/or thought the orcs would attack me yesterday when writing my plan (while being completely happy with spending the same 2 move for exploring than I need to move out of the way, go me).

I could dash to the village with my entire hand, you heal, I call end of round the following turn and you get the last turn for doing whatever you want to the poor orcs. We delay the end of round one turn with respect to Tekopo declaring on his next turn, though.

I think it's inneficient, but if you like the cards in the offer and want to level up now to getsome more hand space, there is a choice.

Orders, Option 1

Power up Stamina with green mana to advance to the space NW of the orcs and taunt them. If not available, discard a Rage to Invocate some Green Mana.

Play my fancy Shield to block both attacks, Counterattack to kill them in style.

My other option:

Orders, Option 2

Power up Stamina with green mana to advance to the space NW of the orcs and do not taunt them. If not available, discard a Rage to Invocate some Green Mana. Play the rest of my hand sideways to advance to the village.

Let's go with option 1 unless someone has a better idea.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 4, 2014

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Nah, I don't mind waiting until next round to level. I'm about to hit a skill level, not a stat level. I'd rather fire that when I have a chance to use my shiny new advanced action.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 4, 2014

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Gutter Owl posted:

Nah, I don't mind waiting until next round to level. I'm about to hit a skill level, not a stat level. I'd rather fire that when I have a chance to use my shiny new advanced action.

Good, I'm editing my post, then.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Wolfhawk finishes her move.

Volkare draws a green.

Arythea doesn't need to use Rage - she can just Polarize the white in the source. She jobs some orcs.

Quick note: we're running out of orcs, so I've pulled the ones from Volkare's sheet back to the stack for now. They'll get drawn when someone actually fights him.

Krang's Turn

Volkare - 25 deck. 4 city, 5 keep, 8 dragons, 8 orcs.
Arythea (Fat Samurai) - 1 hand, 0 deck.
Krang (Tekopo) - 3 hand, 0 deck.
Tovak (Gutter Owl) - 5 hand, 0 deck.
Wolfhawk (Bubble-T) - 4 hand, 0 deck.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

New CO: Take blue die, Crystalize (powered) for white crystal. End turn, heal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Can I call end of night?

• Locked thread