Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How good is Drudge?
The Best
:350:
pretty darn good
:420:
View Results

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
http://www.drudgereport.com/

Giving you the real news. Let's talk about some articles they have today :hchatter:

Obama's Border Policy Fueled Epidemic, Evidence Shows...
China develops drone defense system...
Killer Laser...

Discuss how accurate and real the Drudge Report is. Discuss it's accuracy and fine integrity.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I don't think they do their own reporting, they just link to other places.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I've read the drudge report every day for ten years.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Top Hats Monthly posted:

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Giving you the real news. Let's talk about some articles they have today :hchatter:

Obama's Border Policy Fueled Epidemic, Evidence Shows...
China develops drone defense system...
Killer Laser...

Discuss how accurate and real the Drudge Report is. Discuss it's accuracy and fine journalistic integrity.

it has no journalist, so you can't really judge it's staff as such. They just make millions using click bait headlines, and linking to others work. It's really smart, sometime if you check often enough you can watch the headlines get changed during the day to be more inflammatory to get more hits.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

TOILETLORD posted:

it has no journalist, so you can't really judge it's staff as such. They just make millions using click bait headlines, and linking to others work. It's really smart, sometime if you check often enough you can watch the headlines get changed during the day to be more inflammatory to get more hits.

I fixed the OP.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Aren't the Drudge the bad guys from the Banner Saga?

Not sure why you'd let them report on anything....

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.

TOILETLORD posted:

Isn't that how Huffington Post started?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

EB Nulshit posted:

Isn't that how Huffington Post started?

they started to try and counter drudge, drudge is far right so huffington decided to do the same thing for the far left, and last time i looked was losing money, instead of making it hand over fist like drudge.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Cthulu Carl posted:

No, it's that movie with Tom Cruise stopping crimes before they happen.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I too miss html 3.2

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
:siren: its not real its part of the GOP's propaganda wing :siren:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
They tackle the stories the mainstream media is afraid to handle.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think Drudge and Alex Jones are friends IRL

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

please somebody tell me that there is a strain of cannabis named Drudge Report

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TOILETLORD posted:

they started to try and counter drudge, drudge is far right so huffington decided to do the same thing for the far left, and last time i looked was losing money, instead of making it hand over fist like drudge.
andrew breitbart was also the main guy who turned the drudge report into a thing (besides matt drudge), and he then went and helped get huffington post off the ground, so it was really the same person doing the behind-the-scenes stuff.

breitbart pretty much invented the modern political-outrage-clickbait business.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
You can always tell who the republicans are at any business because 10 out of 10 times this is their home page.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

republicans :smug:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

TOILETLORD posted:

It's going to be scary when all the old guys who set up the system solely for their own economic benefit die off and leave their brainwashed true believers to run things. It will be scientology times a hundred

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Yaldabaoth posted:

It's going to be scary when all the old guys who set up the system solely for their own economic benefit die off and leave their brainwashed true believers to run things. It will be scientology times a hundred

its already happening, look at cruz, gohmert, the pig ball lady, etc.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I read drudge report until I found out it was run by a goddAMN HOMO now i read theblaze

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

i can answer any ghost questions you have

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Omi-Polari posted:

andrew breitbart was also the main guy who turned the drudge report into a thing (besides matt drudge), and he then went and helped get huffington post off the ground, so it was really the same person doing the behind-the-scenes stuff.

breitbart pretty much invented the modern political-outrage-clickbait business.

How is it any different from newspapers with attention grabbing headlines? Its an old trick

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

notZaar posted:

How is it any different from newspapers with attention grabbing headlines? Its an old trick

they only have to write headlines and "steal" the stories.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
:siren: prsident obmabanbma: a huge gay poo poo baby???? signs point to yes :siren:

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
It's nice to know that anytime I want to remember the internet from 1998, it's right there waiting.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

TOILETLORD posted:

they only have to write headlines and "steal" the stories.

Sounds like capitalism working as intended. I approve.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
WHELP TIME TO DRUDGE IT UP BITCHES

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Nameless_Steve posted:

It's nice to know that anytime I want to remember the internet from 1998, it's right there waiting.

Isn't it comforting?

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
drudge owns

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Nameless_Steve posted:

I'm gonna build a VM to run Win95 so I can view druge report in Netscape Navigator 4.0 the way god intended

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

notZaar posted:

yeah fair, it's the same tabloid biz, just adapted to the internet.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Cthulu Carl posted:

hosed up if true

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I've been hearing about the Drudge report since I first found SA ten years ago and I've never once felt compelled to visit it :smug:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'm gonna build a VM to run Win95 so I can view druge report in Netscape Navigator 4.0 the way god intended

and this site too, check it out

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/gamefan-cant-pay

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i look at drudge almost every day because of the way he juxtaposes photos. call it drudgtaposition.

:raise:

:can:

:smug:

:cmon:

:byewhore:

:D

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Omi-Polari posted:

i look at drudge almost every day because of the way he juxtaposes photos. call it drudgtaposition.

:raise:

:can:

:smug:

:cmon:

:byewhore:

:D

if you type in the names of republicans the first images on google are always the most unflattering/insulting as possible too.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

TOILETLORD posted:

if you type in the names of republicans the first images on google are always the most unflattering/insulting as possible too.

it's almost like everything about mass media is slanted

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

if you type in jennifer lawrence into google you get poosay

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

:wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008