Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
It has begun!

Posted up a new thread to encourage some sign ups, heading off to work now but will put a bunch of work into the faction specific threads later on tonight.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678870

quote:

Putting the call out for the goon equivalents of Bradley and Rommel, you will command your respective force, input orders from your team and play and record your turns. This is a major time investment so be aware of what you are signing up for. You must own CM:BN 3.0 and have experience with the game. You will be lionised by your pixelmen and less glamorous goon comrades! To war!

Abongination fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I traced the contours for the Monthardrou map. (I didn't realise you'd done that as well!) The second one is an overlay that could be put over your main map. The yellow marks are there to help you align it. Heights are in real elevation as well. The contour labels face uphill.

It's an interesting bit of terrain, a sort of saddle between two ridgelines. Quite a weird formation!

E: I Think you need a example of muddled, verbose orders in your OP!

E: Further Edit: Mention that orders are usually drawn in MSpaint or Paint.net so newbs don't think they require photoshop or something

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Nov 4, 2014

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Jaguars! posted:

I traced the contours for the Monthardrou map. (I didn't realise you'd done that as well!) The second one is an overlay that could be put over your main map. The yellow marks are there to help you align it. Heights are in real elevation as well. The contour labels face uphill.

It's an interesting bit of terrain, a sort of saddle between two ridgelines. Quite a weird formation!

E: I Think you need a example of muddled, verbose orders in your OP!

E: Further Edit: Mention that orders are usually drawn in MSpaint or Paint.net so newbs don't think they require photoshop or something

Wow, those maps are fantastic! Cheers!

Mentioned the paint thing, will have to type up some muddled orders I think as I'd feel bad using an example from the last thread haha.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
http://youtu.be/V0r4KxyDeMw

There you go, the final kills and a few turns of suicide charge.....

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Turns out that URRAH! is the proper Soviet strategy, who could have guessed?? :colbert:

That charge :suspense:

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I didn't even realize the Soviets had that much armor left. It looks like they could have taken the east town with acceptable casualties if they still had the goon-manpower to command a proper combined arms assault. Thanks for running that last turn, GH.

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013
That was a major surprise. I seriously underestimated the amount of manpower they had remaining.

I did like my Tiger failing to do more than mildly annoy a T-34 moments before getting trashed by return fire. Total time in action: 4 seconds. Self-inflicted schadenfreude derived from my earlier boasting: forever. :allears:

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
My last Schreck avenged the rest of them! :3:

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Soup Inspector posted:

That was a major surprise. I seriously underestimated the amount of manpower they had remaining.

I did like my Tiger failing to do more than mildly annoy a T-34 moments before getting trashed by return fire. Total time in action: 4 seconds. Self-inflicted schadenfreude derived from my earlier boasting: forever. :allears:

I did tell you a T-34-85 would have no trouble penetrating you, especially at close range.

Anyway an interesting ending. I would like to think we would have repositioned armor and such and pissed it away a bit less, but who knows. Thanks again Grey.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Generation Internet posted:

I didn't even realize the Soviets had that much armor left. It looks like they could have taken the east town with acceptable casualties if they still had the goon-manpower to command a proper combined arms assault. Thanks for running that last turn, GH.

As I said earlier, this fight was still winnable for the Soviets, although they would have been badly bloodied in the process.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Haha, we finally got to see panzerschrecks in use. I could see several of them firing from the overhead view, and it was a panzerschreck that made that ISU-152 go up in that giant explosion.

Generation Internet posted:

I thought we held up pretty well even though none of the German units were allowed to move during those last few minutes. It looked like only a small number of our guys were actually engaged. And there was still the King Tiger to deal with. :colbert:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I assume that declaring a ceasefire means the Germans didn't get any points for holding the Western Objective? Otherwise I don't really see how that could be considered a draw, if the Germans hold one objective, and the Russians hadn't secured the Eastern town by the end.

Also, I haven't the foggiest clue how the casualty score is computed.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 4, 2014

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
A surrender would nullify the objective. Cease fire stops then and there and tallies the battle as it is in that moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
8 kills after getting out of the tank? My tank crew did a job well done, better than some of the infantry units!

• Locked thread