Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

...I feel like I'm gonna die. Good bye, my Luck good bye.

Welcome to the Week 10 NFL Fantasy Football sit/start thread!

Don't sit your studs unless they aren't really studs in which case maybe sit them.

List your league settings and matchups when you post your sit/start questions.

Remember that the Dallas/Jacksonville game is actually in London this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Need help with a bye week fill in for TE. NFL, nonPPR.

Jordan Cameron @Cin
Mychal Rivera vs. Den

I'd lean Rivera due to targets alone, but Cameron is playing Cin, and Cle vs. Cin games can get crazy. Plus Cameron has to get better eventually, right?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Alright S/S thread, I need some WR help. In bold is my current decision process, but are any of the guys on my bench any better? (tl;dr: how good are Jordan Matthews and Kenny Britt gonna be this week?)

Sit two of these guys: (.5PPR, bonuses for 40+ yard plays and going over 100, 150, and 200 yards)
Mike Wallace @ Det
Allen Robinson vs. Dal
Mike Evans vs. Atl

Mo Sanu vs. Cle
Jordan Matthews vs. Car

Sit one of these guys (0PPR)
Golden Tate vs. Mia
Allen Robinson vs. Dal
Kenny Britt @ Ari

Michael Crabtree @ NO

Sit two of these guys (1PPR, Long Bomb TD Bonus)
Brandon Marshall @ GB
Anquan Boldin @ NO
Mike Wallace @ Det

Jordan Matthews vs. Car
Kenny Britt @ Ariet

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
So who else is hosed at QB this week? Rivers is on bye, picked up Foles to cover him who then gets hurt, and I'm 7/10 on the waivers so nothing but dregs are getting to me.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm hosed because I have to start Matt Ryan, the guy I drafted. :(

thrawn527 posted:

Need help with a bye week fill in for TE. NFL, nonPPR.

Jordan Cameron @Cin
Mychal Rivera vs. Den

I'd lean Rivera due to targets alone, but Cameron is playing Cin, and Cle vs. Cin games can get crazy. Plus Cameron has to get better eventually, right?

Cameron is by far the more experienced player, and his role is fairly settled. He's also still listed as Questionable on concussion protocol, and didn't practice today.

Rivera is the new kid on a terrible team but it looks like Carr is willing to give him a bunch of targets. And the Raiders will surely be down early against Denver and forced to throw the ball a lot.

And he was able to put up a bunch of points against Seattle, so he must have talent too.

For a one-week fill-in I like Rivera.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Alright S/S thread, I need some WR help. In bold is my current decision process, but are any of the guys on my bench any better? (tl;dr: how good are Jordan Matthews and Kenny Britt gonna be this week?)

Sit two of these guys: (.5PPR, bonuses for 40+ yard plays and going over 100, 150, and 200 yards)
Mike Wallace @ Det
Allen Robinson vs. Dal
Mike Evans vs. Atl

Mo Sanu vs. Cle
Jordan Matthews vs. Car

Golden Tate vs. Mia
Allen Robinson vs. Dal
Kenny Britt @ Ari

Michael Crabtree @ NO

Brandon Marshall @ GB
Anquan Boldin @ NO
Mike Wallace @ Det

Jordan Matthews vs. Car
Kenny Britt @ Ariet

Definitely sit Matthews and Crabs. Britt does not seem like a deep threat guy and I don't like his matchup so that seems alright, but I have less of an opinion.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Leperflesh posted:

Cameron is by far the more experienced player, and his role is fairly settled. He's also still listed as Questionable on concussion protocol, and didn't practice today.

Rivera is the new kid on a terrible team but it looks like Carr is willing to give him a bunch of targets. And the Raiders will surely be down early against Denver and forced to throw the ball a lot.

And he was able to put up a bunch of points against Seattle, so he must have talent too.

Thanks!

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Rivera has been starting all season, getting plenty of targets because he's on an offensive with a decent QB and offensive line but no receivers at all, and doing jack loving poo poo with them. He had 101 yards through the first 6 weeks. He's one of the worst starting tight ends in the league in terms of talent. He's benefited over the last two weeks from wideouts being blanketed by Richard Sherman and Joe Haden. He's fine as a fill-in, and I'm picking him up in one league this week as a bye-week starter, but don't delude yourself into thinking he's anything more than that.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

365 Nog Hogger posted:

So, filling in my backup QB spot after losing foles, who was gonna sit in for rivers, and I'm wondering how much I should consider ROS, given Rivers' tough end of year schedule and recent slips. Options as they stand on the wire right now:
Tannehill, Sanchez, Davis, RG3, Palmer, Orton, Smith
Currently have a claim in on Palmer, do any of those strike you as a better option?

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

palmer is the best option but if you have 2 spots i might put a claim in for rg3 too, the upside is there if he can shake off the rust

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Standard no ppr
Choose 2
Sanu vs Cleveland
Robinson vs Dallas @London
Gore @NO

I currently have Sanu and Robinson but Cleveland pass D and NO's run D is tempting

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
1 point PPR. Need a WR2, flex, TE, and defense.

Torrey Smith vs TEN
Doug Baldwin vs NYJ
Lorenzo Taliaferro vs TEN
Martellus Bennett @ GB
Heath Miller @ NYJ

Lions vs MIA
Chiefs @ BUF

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chris de Sperg posted:

Rivera has been starting all season, getting plenty of targets because he's on an offensive with a decent QB and offensive line but no receivers at all, and doing jack loving poo poo with them. He had 101 yards through the first 6 weeks. He's one of the worst starting tight ends in the league in terms of talent. He's benefited over the last two weeks from wideouts being blanketed by Richard Sherman and Joe Haden. He's fine as a fill-in, and I'm picking him up in one league this week as a bye-week starter, but don't delude yourself into thinking he's anything more than that.

Rivera's targets have seen a significant uptick in the last two games:

...and last game was the first time he was given any red zone targets.

While I agree he's not a great player in terms of raw talent, Oakland has nothing else to throw at and with volume will come production.

I am only endorsing him as a fill-in over a man with a concussion who may not play and if he does play, may be limited. I think that's reasonable, and I think he's also an interesting gamble to grab for the bench just to see what happens in the next couple weeks - whether his target and catch numbers are sustained or if they drop back off.

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
I picked up the Miami D/ST last week and hit pay dirt. Should I keep them against the Lions or dump them?

Some notable D/ST available in my league:

Dallas (vs. Jax)
Pittsburgh (vs. NYJ)
Atlanta (vs. Tampa)

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I need to pick someone up for Luck this week in my 12 team work league, standard scoring league except that we get 6 pts per passing TD, which caused me to pick Luck in the 4th round in the first place. I've been running with no one on my Bench to try to find a solution at WR (went Lynch, Murray, Gronk, Luck 1-4, been scraping the waiver wire for WRs all season), but now I need to pick someone up for the week.

I've narrowed it down to:

Vick v PIT
Sanchez v CAR
Carr v DEN
Orton v KC

Looking at this I honestly feel like picking up Carr, the Raiders are likely to be playing from behind early, and the Denver defense has looked porous lately.

Additional question, do I put in a waiver wire claim on someone or just try to get them on FA? Leaning towards FA.

Goodtime Pancreas
May 31, 2007

A COMPUTER GUY posted:

I picked up the Miami D/ST last week and hit pay dirt. Should I keep them against the Lions or dump them?

Dallas (vs. Jax)
Pittsburgh (vs. NYJ)
Atlanta (vs. Tampa)

I would run to pick up Dallas, any team is a must start vs jax and I would expect Dallas to bounce back in a big way after two losses.

I need some waiver wire advice for a rb and te: best looking rb's are T. West cle, B. Rainey tb, and L. Taliaferro bal.

Best looking tight ends are C. Clay Mia, M. Rivera oak, and A. Quarless gb.

This is a standard nfl league.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Yahoo standard. Which two?

Odell Bryant Jr @ Seattle
Martavis Bryant @ Jets
Brandon Marshall @ Green Bay
Golden Tate vs Miami
Steve Smith Sr vs Tennessee

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Goodtime Pancreas posted:

I would run to pick up Dallas, any team is a must start vs jax and I would expect Dallas to bounce back in a big way after two losses.

I need some waiver wire advice for a rb and te: best looking rb's are T. West cle, B. Rainey tb, and L. Taliaferro bal.

Best looking tight ends are C. Clay Mia, M. Rivera oak, and A. Quarless gb.

This is a standard nfl league.

Your RBs are hosed no matter what (maybe West, as Tate hasn't been doing poo poo - Rainey will split with Sims, Taliaferro had an awful week last week and will probably get reduced time), for TEs I'd go either Clay or Rivera, as Quarless splits time/catches with R.Rodgers, so you're praying for a TD there. Clay has more talent, but Rivera will probably see more targets. Rivera for the better floor, Clay for the homerun ball.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Tom Tucker posted:

I need to pick someone up for Luck this week in my 12 team work league, standard scoring league except that we get 6 pts per passing TD, which caused me to pick Luck in the 4th round in the first place. I've been running with no one on my Bench to try to find a solution at WR (went Lynch, Murray, Gronk, Luck 1-4, been scraping the waiver wire for WRs all season), but now I need to pick someone up for the week.

I've narrowed it down to:

Vick v PIT
Sanchez v CAR
Carr v DEN
Orton v KC

Looking at this I honestly feel like picking up Carr, the Raiders are likely to be playing from behind early, and the Denver defense has looked porous lately.

Additional question, do I put in a waiver wire claim on someone or just try to get them on FA? Leaning towards FA.

I'd go Sanchez or Carr. Carr's going to have to throw a ton, but CAR's pass D is really really bad, Sanchez looked good against a beat-up Houston, and the Eagles run a ton of plays. If it were me, with 6pts/PassingTD, I go Carr.

I'd do waiver wire claim, but a lot of it depends on how desperate for QB other people in your league are.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

A COMPUTER GUY posted:

Dallas (vs. Jax)
Pittsburgh (vs. NYJ)
Atlanta (vs. Tampa)

Miami has a better floor, because they will get sacks, but Dallas against JAX has big potential. Bortles has been throwing pick-6's like he's Schaub Jr., and if Dallas gets a lead early, the Jags will be throwing.

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010
Standard, 6pt TD.

Picked up Sanchez to cover Luck's bye, fingers crossed.

RB2: Sims
FLEX: ODB, Decker

JStew and Antone Smith are on waivers as is CJ0K, Riddick and other players like that. Antone Smith against TB at home seems like a good pickup if he actually plays but there hasn't been news on that yet afaik.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

timmmmaaaah posted:

Standard, 6pt TD.

Picked up Sanchez to cover Luck's bye, fingers crossed.

RB2: Sims
FLEX: ODB, Decker

JStew and Antone Smith are on waivers as is CJ0K, Riddick and other players like that. Antone Smith against TB at home seems like a good pickup if he actually plays but there hasn't been news on that yet afaik.

Antone is good if Mike Smith pulls his head out of his rear end, which is unlikely. he'll get 4 carries or something dumb while sjax falls forward for 2 ypc all game

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
.5 ppr, pick 2. Only one can be a RB

Terrance Williams @ Jax
Tre Mason @ Ari
Andre Holmes v Den
Darren Sproles v Car

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 5, 2014

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

BigFactory posted:

.5 ppr, pick 2. Only one can be a RB

Terrance Williams @ Jax
Tre Mason @ Ari
Andre Holmes v Den
Darren Sproles v Car
So, there's nothing better on the WW? NOTHING?

I'd probably go with Williams and Holmes, but poo poo...

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Standard scoring, no PPR

Sims vs ATL
Adams vs CHI
Gore @ NO

Pick two.

I know everyone will tell me Gore, but have you SEEN his production the past monthseason?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Trying again

Doppelganger posted:

1 point PPR. Need a WR2, flex, TE, and defense.

Torrey Smith vs TEN
Doug Baldwin vs NYJ
Lorenzo Taliaferro vs TEN
Martellus Bennett @ GB
Heath Miller @ NYJ

Lions vs MIA
Chiefs @ BUF

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.

Doppelganger posted:

Trying again

I would probably go Smith, Taliaferro, Miller, and Detroit and hold my nose while doing so

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Doppelganger posted:

Trying again

Oof. I'd go with Smith, Taliaferro, Bennett (easily over Miller IMO), and Detroit.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

A COMPUTER GUY posted:

I would probably go Smith, Taliaferro, Miller, and Detroit and hold my nose while doing so

Gobias Ind. posted:

Oof. I'd go with Smith, Taliaferro, Bennett (easily over Miller IMO), and Detroit.

I've still got Murray, Lynch, and Antonio Brown, so it isn't as bad as it looks.

Is Bennett not DSYS-worthy yet?

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

Yoshifan823 posted:

Mike Wallace @ Det
Allen Robinson vs. Dal
Mike Evans vs. Atl

Mo Sanu vs. Cle
Jordan Matthews vs. Car

Golden Tate vs. Mia
Allen Robinson vs. Dal
Kenny Britt @ Ari

Michael Crabtree @ NO

Brandon Marshall @ GB
Anquan Boldin @ NO
Mike Wallace @ Det

Jordan Matthews vs. Car
Kenny Britt @ Ariet

I'd bench Wallace, Robinson
Robinson
then Wallace, Britt.

You're going to want to sit receivers playing against Dallas and Detroit. Detroit held Jordy Nelson and Julio Jones to under 6 points and had only 4 receivers score more than 10 (Colston 11, Stills 16, Decker 10, Avant 11), Dallas has only allowed 3 receivers to break 10 (Quick 12, Beckham Jr 16, Djax 13).

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Pander posted:

So, there's nothing better on the WW? NOTHING?

I'd probably go with Williams and Holmes, but poo poo...

Well, no nothing better on waivers, but it's not really asbad as all that, is it?

canti32
Apr 27, 2008

Fearless in Devotion, Rising to Promotion,
Rising to the ranks of mighty heroes, Fighting foes in every land,

History only tells a story, We are to see your glory,
Stand aside the Reds are coming,
WREXHAM IS THE NAME
Need to pick a flex, standard scoring no PPR

Steve Smith vs. TEN
Bobby Rainey vs. ATL

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

canti32 posted:

Need to pick a flex, standard scoring no PPR

Steve Smith vs. TEN
Bobby Rainey vs. ATL

I like Rainey there personally. He ate ATL up last year too.

Here's a first world problem, half PPR:
Pick 3:
Forte @ GB
Ellington vs. STL
Hillman @ OAK
J. Hill vs. CLE

My inclination is to sit Hillman as he's the most likely to have all touchdowns go elsewhere (Broncos have the most options).

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

icking fudiot posted:

I like Rainey there personally. He ate ATL up last year too.

Here's a first world problem, half PPR:
Pick 3:
Forte @ GB
Ellington vs. STL
Hillman @ OAK
J. Hill vs. CLE

My inclination is to sit Hillman as he's the most likely to have all touchdowns go elsewhere (Broncos have the most options).

You should have traded Hill to the Gio owner but I'd sit him, anyway.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Flex Mark Ingram (vs SF) over Lamar Miller (@ Det) this week, yes?

Seems obvious with Miller slightly banged up and facing Detroit, but I like when people tell me that I'm not crazy.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
You're not crazy.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

365 Nog Hogger posted:

You're not crazy.

Thanks.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Flex, non ppr standard NFL.com scoring

Mike Wallace or Martavis Bryant?

I mean Wallace has been decently consistent and gets a good amount of touchdowns, but Bryant should be tasty against the Jets secondary and Wallace is going against the DET secondary.

Bryant also gets all of his points from touchdowns and Ben's 2 week explosion has to die down sometime? I just feel like Brown is going to get such a lions share of the throws and when they do finally regress, Bell is going to get the other half of the workload....

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Flex, 1 PPR, rest standard yahoo.

Jordan Matthews @ Car
Kendall Wright @ BAL

I'm leaning towards Matthews because Sanchize looked his way alot last week, and Wright is just meh and I have no take on Mettenberger

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Here's a fun exercise in RB riches...

Pick 3. PPR, 2 RBs and a Flex.

M. Forte @GB
L. Bell @NYJ
D. Murray vJAX
J. Hill vCLE

:stare:

Am I really going to consider sitting L. Bell for J. Hill this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Dubious posted:

Flex, 1 PPR, rest standard yahoo.

Jordan Matthews @ Car
Kendall Wright @ BAL

I'm leaning towards Matthews because Sanchize looked his way alot last week, and Wright is just meh and I have no take on Mettenberger

yes use matthews

• Locked thread